Day or Night in game?

Day or Night in game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ShaunZ.1098

ShaunZ.1098

Besides the obvious “look at the light levels”, is there any way to discern whether it’s day or night in game?

Gremmil – Fort Aspenwood Engineer
It’s [NERF] or nothing!

Day or Night in game?

Posted by: FLFW.3105

FLFW.3105

Look at the sky?

GuildWars 2 is good game with bad management.

Day or Night in game?

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

the sun and moon, the color of the sky, etc

I took an arrow to the knee

Day or Night in game?

Posted by: ShaunZ.1098

ShaunZ.1098

So in other words no? The zone I’m in is smoky so the sky is a mess … hence the reason I put in the “besides light levels” stipulation.

Gremmil – Fort Aspenwood Engineer
It’s [NERF] or nothing!

Day or Night in game?

Posted by: FLFW.3105

FLFW.3105

So in other words no? The zone I’m in is smoky so the sky is a mess … hence the reason I put in the “besides light levels” stipulation.

Get AC weapon , it will glow at night . If it is so important for you which time of day it is

GuildWars 2 is good game with bad management.

Day or Night in game?

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

post a screenshot, lets make the community decide this matter

I took an arrow to the knee

Day or Night in game?

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

The day night cycle is on a two hour rotation, with 80 minutes of day, and 40 minutes of night. I have not currently seen an in game clock to tell Tyria time. Information comes from Wiki and internet search. Although imo, the cycles seem to last longer than this.

Day or Night in game?

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

I think the OP means differences other than the obvious. I remember when you would enter a town in LoZooT (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, for those who don’t know), it would have shops closed at night and much less NPCs.

I did notice a change in the background music when it goes from night to day in GW2; or maybe its just me lol.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Day or Night in game?

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

I think it’s a nice touch to not know when it’s time or day in some areas because those areas are usually infested with EVILLLLLL

Day or Night in game?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

the spider and skeleton mini-pet from Halloween glow at night; that’s how I tell =)

Day or Night in game?

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I think the OP means differences other than the obvious. I remember when you would enter a town in LoZooT (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, for those who don’t know), it would have shops closed at night and much less NPCs.

I did notice a change in the background music when it goes from night to day in GW2; or maybe its just me lol.

Imho the day-night cycle should be on a 24 hour cycle like in WoW. Night time is barely noticeable and really doesn’t add much to the game in GW2. In WoW, night time was really when the game became fun.

Anyhow, Ocarina of Time is still the best game of all time, and the day-night cycle in the Fields and villages were very important.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Day or Night in game?

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I am saddened to discover that the night is half as long as the day :/ There are items that rely on the night, and they aren’t even up for half the day? T_T

either way, night needs to be a lot darker, if they’re going to make it so short :/

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Day or Night in game?

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Imho the day-night cycle should be on a 24 hour cycle like in WoW. Night time is barely noticeable and really doesn’t add much to the game in GW2. In WoW, night time was really when the game became fun.

Absolutetly NOT like that where game time = real time! I hate the fact that in winter, during the week, I never saw Azeroth in daytime.

Having real, distinguishable Day/Night cycles, with night being, you know, DARK, is fine, but it should never mirror real-world time IMO, the game should have a significantly shorter day/night cycle.

Day or Night in game?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Anyhow, Ocarina of Time is still the best game of all time, and the day-night cycle in the Fields and villages were very important.

If you set it for 24 hours (real-time), it means that some gamers will never see day and others will never see night. I actually prefer shorter day and night rotations.

Day or Night in game?

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Look around for a Sylvari. If it’s glowing, you know it’s night.

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

Day or Night in game?

Posted by: Konahrik.5069

Konahrik.5069

Nights need to be a lot darker IMO, your hardly see the difference.

Day or Night in game?

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I wish there was a proper sunset/sunrise. It looks just wrong. Zelda: Ocarina of Time did this very atmospherically.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Day or Night in game?

Posted by: Zade Orian.7643

Zade Orian.7643

Hello,

Is there any news on this? Any apps out there or has anything changed? Anything anyone noticed? Having trouble finding a widget, app, and/or website. Says this is 2 years old.

Thanks.