Daydreamer wings and more in gemstore

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Hey everyone, the gemstore was recently updated with Daydreamer’s Wings, Honor Guard Finisher and Mini Beetle.

• Daydreamer’s Wings Backpack – 500 gems
  • Honor Guard Finisher – 700 gems
  • Mini Beetle – 500 gems

Here are some pics and vids for those interested in viewing before purchase: http://dulfy.net/2015/06/02/gw2-gemstore-updatehonor-guard-finisher-daydreamer-backpack-and-mini-beetle/

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I don’t know about the wings… I dyed my outfit with Glint’s Sanctuary Dye, it won’t match. What do you guys think? :/

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Thanks for posting that, Dulfy, as always

I snagged the wings and redid my ‘vari necromancer with them and other bits to fit in. The wings have a nice flap animation when standing still, but the same stiff side-to-side full swing as the Orchid Coat back petals when running. I previewed Daydreamer weapons with the wings … I felt it was overkill of the theme to use the wings and weapon and this look, though I’m still tempted.

Attachments:

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Wings would be good for green based sylvari, and perhaps some humans.

nothing else.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

The wings are gorgeous, but I have to say I have no plans to buy them because they don’t match any of the colors I put my characters in. I’ll just enjoy the looks others come up with around them

I doubt it will ever happen, but I shall dream of the day when we can dye some of our back items.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

What’s up with the old armor sets and other permanent stuff being “available only for 7 days” and price is normal too? Are they going to remove them from the store?

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

dye some of our back items.

This.

dye channels for back items and I’d buy all the things.

The fact that I cant add shadow abyss or white to the feather backpack drives me nuts. It’s stuck on that limbo-gray that never matches anything.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

yes they are being removed until next fall

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

What’s up with the old armor sets and other permanent stuff being “available only for 7 days” and price is normal too? Are they going to remove them from the store?

Check the blog https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/daydreamers-wings-honor-guard-finisher-and-mini-beetle-in-the-gemstore/
At the bottom.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Check the blog https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/daydreamers-wings-honor-guard-finisher-and-mini-beetle-in-the-gemstore/
At the bottom.

Ah I see, thanks.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Question is, whether “next fall” means really next fall (so, 2016), or the 2015 one.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Question is, whether “next fall” means really next fall (so, 2016), or the 2015 one.

Also, Northern Hemisphere fall or Southern Hemisphere. ^^

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: nic.9714

nic.9714

Is there any chance we’ll get the swords the honor guards use to salute as a skin? It looks like a really nice and clean 1h sword that I’ve been wanting in this game for awhile.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Thanks for providing your service…

It really makes me wonder why Anet hasn’t caught on…. and do it themselves.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that if you want something to sell, you should advertise it… put it on display…. show it off.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that if you want something to sell, you should advertise it… put it on display…. show it off.

You mean the ability to preview finishers in your hero panel or preview your minis in your hero panel or preview backpieces?

While I like that Dulfy provides player created videos to show them off, your statement that Anet should show them off and everything is a little off key as you can already. Granted its not perfect for seeing things like animations and such, but they are on display.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

You mean the ability to preview finishers in your hero panel or preview your minis in your hero panel or preview backpieces?

While I like that Dulfy provides player created videos to show them off, your statement that Anet should show them off and everything is a little off key as you can already. Granted its not perfect for seeing things like animations and such, but they are on display.

As I can already…. what?

I’m of course not referring to this particular set of gem store items specifically, but all gemstore items.

This includes weapons and their attack animations for instance.
Harvesting items and their animations.
Musical instruments, and how they sound.
Toys, and their functionality.

etc.

All of which Dulfy has provided an excellent showcase of.

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

Posted by: SlaveIITheGame.3692

SlaveIITheGame.3692

I love the look of the wings… that said most of my characters are charr and they don’t seem to mesh well

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

Oh my gosh. New content!

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

I wonder more what we get instead of all the retiring items….. because that is a load that will get retired.