Daylight Savings Time

Daylight Savings Time

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Akasuki Murakami.1634

Akasuki Murakami.1634

Really was there no update as to dst?

I finished daily with 2 minutes to spare only to find out a wasted 30+ silver teleporting all over the place to find events and you guys did not even update the servers to change with daylight savings time? So is it going to change or do I have to do things an hour earlier? What the hell… kitten Anet

Did I miss the update notes somewhere?

Daylight Savings Time

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

You needed 5 silver and 4500 karma so bad you spent 30 silver just in the WP costs?

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Daylight Savings Time

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

Go Wvw or starting areas? You can get into them for free. Press B > Go WVW any of them > Portal to lions arch > portal to a city > Profit.

Every time you take a point in WvW, or defend it you get an event count.

Daylight Savings Time

Posted by: Polantaris.9513

Polantaris.9513

Really was there no update as to dst?

I finished daily with 2 minutes to spare only to find out a wasted 30+ silver teleporting all over the place to find events and you guys did not even update the servers to change with daylight savings time? So is it going to change or do I have to do things an hour earlier? What the hell… kitten Anet

Did I miss the update notes somewhere?

Here’s an interesting solution….

If you do your dallies at the same time, the end result is the same. If you started at 7pm EST in the past, and do that still, you’ll still complete all your dallies. The only issue is if you started at like 6pm or something, and as a result your dallies are cut off in the middle, but even then…if you did them from 6pm – 8pm in the past, you’ll still have two hours each day, it’s just that each day will be split in half.

I do my dallies at 8pm. This doesn’t really effect me at all. It really shouldn’t even if you do yours at 7pm, or even 6pm. If you start at 6pm and end at 8pm, then you still have two hours each day.

(edited by Polantaris.9513)

Daylight Savings Time

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Go Wvw or starting areas? You can get into them for free. Press B > Go WVW any of them > Portal to lions arch > portal to a city > Profit.

You can do the whole daily in the Eternal Battlegrounds without much effort all assuming you have control of most of your 1/3 of the map atleast.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Daylight Savings Time

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

It is in the wiki. And has been on the forums regularly.

The “day reset time” for daily and monthly content is based on 12 midnight GMT.

It makes sense to me, cuz GMT is right in the center.

Daylight Savings Time

Posted by: Akasuki Murakami.1634

Akasuki Murakami.1634

You also forgot mystic coin, random item, and 9 achievement points as well, but yes, yes I did. Why? I seen no update about server time not moving along with DST, So I assumed it would change with DST and stay the same time as always.

Unless you can show me the update notes on this matter I’m still going to say kitten you Anet.

Don’t even say WvW do you know how long the wait time is for that… on my server.

Daylight Savings Time

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Unless you can show me the update notes on this matter I’m still going to say kitten you Anet.

Go ahead and say kitten you Anet, they prob’ly deserve it.

Here’s the content:
“Daily achievements are short, easily-completed goals that reward experience. Progress is reset each day at midnight UTC (4:00 PM PST/5:00 PM PDT); there are a finite number of tiers for each daily achievement. "

Here’s the link:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily

Daylight Savings Time

Posted by: someoneinatree.9104

someoneinatree.9104

UTC is Coordinated Universal Time. It makes sense for anyone operating anything international to use this as their standard as UTC is not affected by daylight savings, and everyone in the world can work out their own local time from it.

This is why dailies reset at midnight UTC.

For the random explanation as to why Coordinated Universal Time is abbreviated to UTC and not CUT, look here: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/utc-abbreviation.html

SoS: [RED] Crimson Mind

Daylight Savings Time

Posted by: Niko.7053

Niko.7053

Copypasta’ed from Reddit:

“So here’s my gripe: For those of us who live in places that observe DST, we’re going to be kind of screwed if we forget/didn’t know that the server wasn’t going to take our time into consideration. This wouldn’t be so much of an issue if by displaying ‘server time’ (as opposed to local), that [it] didn’t just show the same thing (server time is the same as my local time: PST). If ANet wants to to err with the neutral GMT, they should make it so that all server times reflect GMT, instead of PST. That way, there is at least a stop gap measure (in the future) for people to rely on when events occur.

Just my 0.02."