Dead Zones

Dead Zones

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rhaj.5261

Rhaj.5261

Is there any word weather or not Anet will Combine servers for all the zones? (Like a Underflow?) I hate being in a zone and there is no one there, Will they make it like overflows and fill the zones with people from other servers?

Dead Zones

Posted by: Valtameri.2075

Valtameri.2075

At some point they might, but then again they’d have to put up extra cash to keep those underflow servers up. And even then those zones aint gonna stay populated forever.

Personally, at least in Desolation i see fair amount of people still at lower level zones.

Dead Zones

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I would prefer reasons for people to spend time in midlevel zones even at 80 instead of merging servers or any underflow shenanigans.

Add more mini dungeons like provernic crypts, make the chests worthwhile, and improve downscaling of players and upscaling of DE rewards. Then players will find their time is as well spend in kessex hills as in Orr, and you solve two problems. Underpopulation in most zones, Overpopulation/zerg mobs in Orr would both become less of an issue.

Dead Zones

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

My friend complains of this too, but I’ve never been alone in a zone so I have no idea what yall are talking about. Any zone, any time, any day/night I always run in to someone every 10 minutes.

Dead Zones

Rhaj.5261

My friend complains of this too, but I’ve never been alone in a zone so I have no idea what yall are talking about. Any zone, any time, any day/night I always run in to someone every 10 minutes.

Yes there is some people, but hard to do some DE when no one is around. I just like seeing alot more players around, (How it was at launch) now people are spread out and feels lonely sometimes.

Dead Zones

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

I’d love an underflow server, that would help so much!

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Dead Zones

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

lol someone every 10 minutes. Wow man, those zones must be hella populated.

Seriously though, you are correct in that you might not be the LITERAL only person in a zone, but outside of Orr you’ll be lucky to ever find a decent sized group of players.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Dead Zones

Rhaj.5261

Bump, would be nice if more people would also like this kind of thing put into the game.

There is other stuff to worry about (Not just ascended gear….)

Dead Zones

Posted by: Hawk.8193

Hawk.8193

I kinda like it this way.
Doesn’t make sense that you meet hundreds of people running around in a calm, rural area.
And the events are a lot more fun if they’re not zerg-rushed by tons of players.

Dead Zones

Rhaj.5261

It is nice sometimes, but other times its just..dead and I see no one around to help me with a DE or w/e it is I’m doing. Would be great if they put a certain cap to how many can be in the map without events being a “zerg.” I just want to see more players around to help with DE that’s all.