Dead waypoints - Repair or remove

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

Due to events in LWS2, a number of waypoints were taken permanently offline, represented by permanent contested status. But these waypoints still show as active if you aren’t in a map, so unless you memorize the dead ones you get bounced around the map when trying to use what looks like a legit waypoint. There is no problem with these being part of map completion, but if they are going to be apparently usable, they need to be fixed. If they aren’t going to be fixed, they should be changed into POIs so they don’t create confusion with map travel.

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

I agree. I’ve never seen these waypoints uncontested. All the guild missions waypoints need some love as well.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I agree with this. I never could understand the reason for the guild mission waypoints being contested since nothing happens anywhere near these spots. The damaged ones from season 1 should either be fixed it as suggested turned into POIs.

Posted by: Teleoceras.1298

Teleoceras.1298

The guild mission waypoints become uncontested when a guild activates the guild puzzle mission and you are repping the guild.

29 characters!
League of Omnipotents [Omni], Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

The guild mission waypoints become uncontested when a guild activates the guild puzzle mission and you are repping the guild.

Yes I know, just don’t know why they decided on this mechanic in an open map. I don’t think it is necessary or a good idea.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I agree that this would be helpful. I don’t mind the waypoints being gone, but it’d be nice if they didn’t show up on the map as ones you could teleport to.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

They should be fixed. I don’t see how it is that the asura that set these up can keep building new ones in the new zones we’ve been to since then, yet can’t fix the broken ones.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Guild puzzle waypoints should be uncontested permanently, since guild puzzles are instanced now.

The only broken waypoint that really needs to be fixed is the one in southeast Brisban, because it’s literally the only waypoint in that entire area.