Deadliest Warrior: Ranger Vs. Mesmer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Hmm, even with both players knowing which profession their gonna duel beforehand and are given apt prep time, between two people of equal skills, I don’t really see how a mesmer will lose to ranger in 1v1. Mesmers are build for dueling. Our utilities and elites (and even the entire shatter mechanic) are practically designed for 1v1.

It’s true that gameplay matters, but rangers are simply outclassed by mesmers in 1v1 situations.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

i play a glass canon ranger so let me tell you how these fights go. mesmer uses shatter and i die. the end.

mesmers have far far far more survivability with clones. a glass ranger needs to dump all their dps and hope the other person dies as they have nothing but dodging to save them. pets are useless because they attack clones and die when shattered because they have no way to avoid taking the dmg.

rangers have no burst. everything is low dmg skills that hit many times. i can put out 10k dmg with rapid fire, but that takes 10 hits and can be dodged incredibly easily. i use quickness to help with that but it doesn’t do much.

mesmers simply call a bunch of clones and then shatter them. 5k on each hit and if by some miracle that doesn’t kill me then they pop a reflect and i can’t do anything except switch to sword and try and catch up. not to mention their basic attack hits far harder than mine. then you have confusion too. i won’t even go into that.

so basically you’re comparing a lion to a housecat. rangers are probably the worst pvp class wvwvw atm. they are literally garbage.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

(edited by vespers.1759)

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

http://i.imgur.com/9WWFqyk.jpg

Me on mesmer, 2nd day of trying the class in spvp. How? Greatsword, sigil of fire, null field, skill 4, 2, dodge, f1, autoattack, 3. totally safe and huge numbers happen.

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Me on mesmer, 2nd day of trying the class in spvp. How? Greatsword, sigil of fire, null field, skill 4, 2, dodge, f1, autoattack, 3. totally safe and huge numbers happen.

I used a mesmer for the BWEs PvP and for the first month after launch, barely ever even lost a match, not because of my skill (I’m admittedly pretty average), but because everyone else thought the mesmer was awful and I was usually the only one on the map. Which was a huge advantage.

But I haven’t used a mesmer in months because I just got sick of ‘winning’ but feeling like a kitten poor kitten. Seriously, you’re winning because of a designer’s mistakes, not your skill, roll another class and play like you’ve got a pair.

(Not speaking directly to the person I’m quoting in the second paragraph, I’m speaking to anyone who may be abusing the mesmer in PvP)

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Grizledorf.5290

Grizledorf.5290

You lost the match. Your enemy had a level 1 on their team and their top scorer was level 2. Huzzah for you, huzzah.