Dear Anet Armor/Costume Team

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

This Raiment of the Lich costume is beyond awesome! It absolutely screams “Sorceress!”

Please please please, made some form of armor version of this, that has those awesome boots, but hoofless, so that it doesn’t just look like it’s Halloween only.

Thanks so much for making such an awesome costume for us!

(PS: I’m referring to the female version, I haven’t seen it on the males, Asura, or Charr)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You can check Dulfy to see it on males. The key difference is a barer chest with piercings holding up straps, and far more severely bent legs that really look like satyr limbs. Though I can see how they might be considered still normal legs, just with a really long foot stuck on — I’ve seen costumers make that effect to walk around cons, it’s like wearing heels without the heel spike.

Anyway, the male version without the hooves would look really strange.

Posted by: Coodles.6198

Coodles.6198

I concur! When I went back and played GW1 for the first time a couple months ago, I saw this costume and wanted it really bad. Now I’ll get it!

(NA) (HoD) Leader of Cherry [BOMB]! Now recruiting new/experienced players!

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

They omitted the wings epic clipping I presume

videoboy.4162

I miss the wings too, but they still did a stellar job! =D

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Unless the wings will be a separate back piece skin?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

If you already have a wings back item (holographic, etc.) it should work with your Outfit.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

videoboy.4162

It’d be awesome if those wings came as a separate back piece!

Here’s the wings we’re talking about Ham (if you don’t already know):

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Raiment_of_the_Lich

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

This reminds me of the mix and match discussion’s, pre-wardrobe. If we cannot mix and match, then please make these items into armor skins and not outfits and tonics.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

I mentioned this on another thread, but I really hope the charr will still have their tails when the outfit gets released, ’cause tail-less charr look really dumb. Also, I hope that the hood and shoulders can be hidden like with other outfits.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I mentioned this on another thread, but I really hope the charr will still have their tails when the outfit gets released, ’cause tail-less charr look really dumb. Also, I hope that the hood and shoulders can be hidden like with other outfits.

On most outfits, you can’t hide the shoulders.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

videoboy.4162

I may be wrong, but if you’re referring to that black stuff sticking up around the hood, I think it’s part of the headpiece. At least, it was in GW1.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Yeah .. the hooves will kill that one also for me .. like most outfits have simply 1 or 2 parts that i dislike.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

It’d be awesome if those wings came as a separate back piece!

Only if they’re dyeable and DON’T flap incessantly. Just…. periodically.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Found this armorlink from a person through World chat...
Looks really nice, though..
My guess is that this outfit will prob be an upcoming Halloween Outfit from Gem store.

Attachments:

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

videoboy.4162

hahaha It never occurred to me to post an actual screen shot.

Seabreeze.8437

On most outfits, you can’t hide the shoulders.

Well, the feathery shoulders are no big deal, though it’d be nice if I could hide them along with the hood and brambles. The biggest issue I have is that the tail on charr don’t show up when I preview it, and I hope that’ll change when they actually upload the set for acquisition. No other outfit gets rid of charr tails, this one shouldn’t either.

I also don’t like that the shoulder feathers look so stiff. I liked it better when they draped down like in GW1.

Attachments:

(edited by Seabreeze.8437)

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Is it true that it completely removes Charr tails?

Seabreeze.8437

:(

But if you look at their butt, it totally looks like a space for their tails, so that’s why I’m reeeeeeally hoping that their tails will still be there, ‘cause my minocharr’s not supposed to be without a tail!

Attachments:

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

with the way a-net treats us charr players with armors i wouldnt be surprised the least..

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

But if you look at their butt, it totally looks like a space for their tails, so that’s why I’m reeeeeeally hoping that their tails will still be there, ‘cause my minocharr’s not supposed to be without a tail!

talk about getting bit in the kitten by a purchase

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

talk about getting bit in the kitten by a purchase

Well of course. We rarely get new armors, if we get new one they are outfits AND of course they dont respect anything but human chars (specially human females) at creating them. I thought id get used to it sometime.. but nope, still getting a sad everytime i see whats coming next. Oh well…lets hope atleast the halloween event is worth something

Seabreeze.8437

We’ll see what happens, I guess. I’m still hoping their tails will be included, because NO other charr outfit does that. Why would they do that for this? It looks so strange!

Please fix, Anet! Charr need tails badly!

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Without a tail to act as counterweight, a Charr would fall straight forward onto his face. If the tail is NOT to be included in the Outfit, then the only remedy for gravitational mishaps would be to make him headless. This would also engender a greater feeling of Halloween spookiness.

(Headless is cool, but please, ANet… opt for tail inclusion! Perhaps even a “devilish” tail with the little pointy arrowhead-tip.)

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Seabreeze.8437

Without a tail to act as counterweight, a Charr would fall straight forward onto his face. If the tail is NOT to be included in the Outfit, then the only remedy for gravitational mishaps would be to make him headless. This would also engender a greater feeling of Halloween spookiness.

(Headless is cool, but please, ANet… opt for tail inclusion! Perhaps even a “devilish” tail with the little pointy arrowhead-tip.)

I’d rather just have a regular charr tail. Pointed devil tail is just… nah.

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

I wonder how charr would look when hopping without a tail… big fuzzy horned cat frogs maybe O.o The charr need to have their tails. #endofstory

Golden shackles are still golden.

videoboy.4162

Yay! It’s finally here!

I couldn’t decide on a Hairstyle…

Attachments: