Dear Anet, plz remove limit on these items.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Mawdrey was rather disappointing after I made it and realized it had a random daily limit of like 3-4 uses. I been often gathering Bloodstone Dust faster than it can eat. It will take months for it to eat everything. I also rarely get anything of real value from it so I don’t see why the limit is necessary: I want Mawdrey to be a gluttonous pig. We’ve yet to get a Dragonite devourer as well so that will be incredibly backed up the time it happens and take forever to feed upon. These mats are still out of control.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Mawdrey was rather disappointing after I made it and realized it had a random daily limit of like 3-4 uses. I been often gathering Bloodstone Dust faster than it can eat. It will take months for it to eat everything. I also rarely get anything of real value from it so I don’t see why the limit is necessary: I want Mawdrey to be a gluttonous pig. We’ve yet to get a Dragonite devourer as well so that will be incredibly backed up the time it happens and take forever to feed upon. These mats are still out of control.

Throw some of it out…?

If all the avenues that generate this for you remain open, there’s no reason to hold onto so much of that stuff.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

So stop using computer programing? I think the numbers are base off of data used or bits.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

I just throw it out. I won’t ever have mawdrey or the thing to use up the shards. So I just toss what I can’t use, which is all the excess at this point.

Doggie.3184

Throw some of it out…?

Or just have the limit removed. That makes more sense. If I throw it out, starving children in Elona who can’t afford Ascended armor to help them hunt beasts for food will die.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’d say “stop hoarding” is the clear answer. I don’t see them changing the time gated limit.

Posted by: vpchelko.4261

vpchelko.4261

I’d say “stop hoarding” is the clear answer. I don’t see them changing the time gated limit.

This is in game reward.

There are something wrong with the game when you have just throw it out

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

So…

Did you ever consider going to Dry Top and opening a few chests with those 28 lockpicks?

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Muesli.9104

Muesli.9104

Dude throw it away. You must’ve realised by now you can get it rather easy if you need some.

Ps Mawdrey basically turns 0 Copper in 0+X copper while X can’t be <1. Recently she gave me a exotic worth 2 gold.

Doggie.3184

Dude throw it away. You must’ve realised by now you can get it rather easy if you need some.

Ps Mawdrey basically turns 0 Copper in 0+X copper while X can’t be <1. Recently she gave me a exotic worth 2 gold.

I can’t, I explained why already.

Posted by: tfcgeneralkmk.9508

tfcgeneralkmk.9508

not really you used a common phrase adapted to tyria that mothers use to get the kids to eat greens and figured that would be enough of an explanation for why you don’t get rid of stuff you said you (probably unless they listen to you ) won’t ever use

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Daily limits are a very good thing.

For example, we could have many more items in many more vendors if vendors could have fixed stocks limited in time .

You could do an event and the vendor that appears at the end could have something else like a single lodestone for a wooping 4 silver, or a rare profession equipment box for just 20 silver. And you do the event again, and since it’s the same shop, the item is still gone. So people would not be able to exploit it. It’ll be an extra reward for that event.

But if something could be bought indefinitely, people could just keep buying it. And since there’s no daily limit on earnings and people can get even more gold with gems, why doing anything of the other stuff that may provide you the item?

But when you mix RNG sources, dedication-based sources, skill-based sources and guaranteed sources, then you’ll have both a minimum guaranteed you can get if they are not lucky, do not have as much time or can’t do certain things for any reason, and people still being able to get more of it if they play for it.

For example, look at Icy runestones. They cost 1 gold each.

If limited stocks were added to the trader, on top of the usual 1 gold, every day, only for those who participated in the event, the vendor could have 1-5 more at a reduced price of 80 silver or so, allowing people to save gold through dedication.

The same happens with the karma converter and the ascended material consumers.
They give stuff. Not very good stuff, but it’s still better than useless bloodstone dust.

If they were not limited daily, people would just focus on that, farming bloodstone and ignoring other stuff, and as a result those items would have to be changed to give even less useful junk.

If you are getting so much bloodstone dust that Mawdrew can’t eat it all. Maybe thats a sign that you should consider other stuff you can do in the world.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

We all had to face this decision at one point. Just get over it and stop hoarding all that useless junk like the rest of us did.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: vpchelko.4261

vpchelko.4261

Daily limits are a very good thing.

For example, we could have many more items in many more vendors if vendors could have fixed stocks limited in time .

You could do an event and the vendor that appears at the end could have something else like a single lodestone for a wooping 4 silver, or a rare profession equipment box for just 20 silver. And you do the event again, and since it’s the same shop, the item is still gone. So people would not be able to exploit it. It’ll be an extra reward for that event.

But if something could be bought indefinitely, people could just keep buying it. And since there’s no daily limit on earnings and people can get even more gold with gems, why doing anything of the other stuff that may provide you the item?

But when you mix RNG sources, dedication-based sources, skill-based sources and guaranteed sources, then you’ll have both a minimum guaranteed you can get if they are not lucky, do not have as much time or can’t do certain things for any reason, and people still being able to get more of it if they play for it.

For example, look at Icy runestones. They cost 1 gold each.

If limited stocks were added to the trader, on top of the usual 1 gold, every day, only for those who participated in the event, the vendor could have 1-5 more at a reduced price of 80 silver or so, allowing people to save gold through dedication.

The same happens with the karma converter and the ascended material consumers.
They give stuff. Not very good stuff, but it’s still better than useless bloodstone dust.

If they were not limited daily, people would just focus on that, farming bloodstone and ignoring other stuff, and as a result those items would have to be changed to give even less useful junk.

If you are getting so much bloodstone dust that Mawdrew can’t eat it all. Maybe thats a sign that you should consider other stuff you can do in the world.

Daily limits SUX. SUX hard!

At the first – because I didn’t expect it.

First time I notice that – lunar new years vendors. Token exchange (“good” price), with daily limit.

I did not use them because I was used to collect a lot of things and use for 1 time.
But what I see – can can FC!w

Who design this stupid daily limit???

Also who desing stupid Achievement contribution for Dragon Gaze achievement?

I suggest to fire these designers and developers.

(edited by vpchelko.4261)

Doggie.3184

not really you used a common phrase adapted to tyria that mothers use to get the kids to eat greens and figured that would be enough of an explanation for why you don’t get rid of stuff you said you (probably unless they listen to you ) won’t ever use

Well if you were raised that way you’d understand the importance of not wasting resources. In this case it will be used, just extremely slowly for a reason that isn’t rational enough.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

There is a difference between ‘wasting a resource’ and hoarding a digital material.

SBI

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

This is not even a problem. You can either destroy them or use them for refining. I refine all mine and they disappear quickly. (x100 per refine)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I would much rather they stop generating things at rates people can’t use and then have to try to invent new sinks for them like silk and probably leather eventually. Maybe Nopale too, these seem to be well on their way to suffering the same fate as leather.

DeathPanel.8362

I would much rather they stop generating things at rates people can’t use and then have to try to invent new sinks for them like silk and probably leather eventually. Maybe Nopale too, these seem to be well on their way to suffering the same fate as leather.

No.

A lot of people can use them at that rate. I have no extra dragonites or any mats of that tier left because I’ve refined all that I get.

Arguing to nerf drop rates for everyone just because you yourself can’t be bothered to level your crafting skill or simply destroy the extras is ridiculous.

tfcgeneralkmk.9508

also Doggie idk if you know this but you can make bricks out of the dust that will help you cut down on some of it think you need a certain amount of crafting though

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Make another Mawdrey. No one said you can’t have more than one.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

No.

A lot of people can use them at that rate. I have no extra dragonites or any mats of that tier left because I’ve refined all that I get.

Arguing to nerf drop rates for everyone just because you yourself can’t be bothered to level your crafting skill or simply destroy the extras is ridiculous.

Heh I can’t be bothered to level my crafting skill? They’ve been at max level for ages. Dragonite just becomes completely useless once you are done with crafting ascended items.

It is a crappy design process to overproduce first then try to fix at a later point.

MithranArkanere.8957

Make another Mawdrey. No one said you can’t have more than one.

All Mawdreys share a cooldown.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Try to remember that just because a spot is empty in your storage it doesn’t mean it has to be filled by something you will never use.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

This is in game reward.

There are something wrong with the game when you have just throw it out

Those mats werent introduced as a reward but as a token for completing certain content in order to craft ascended gear.

On average, each gift you get is worth a couple of silver, so a stack of ascended mats is worth about 50s if youre lucky.

Not sure about you, but i wouldnt call it worthwhile to sacrifice a inventory slot, while hoping that anet at some time in the future will remove the daily restrictions and i get 50 silver more.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Lol, I’ve thrown out twice as much dust as that. I’m just keeping ahead of it now with Mawdrey and not hitting quite so many events, although I’m behind now with 2 spare stacks >.>
Every time I get a stack of ore now, I throw it out. Empyreals feed my star as they come in at a slower rate, I can keep ahead of them.

DeathPanel.8362

No.

Heh I can’t be bothered to level my crafting skill? They’ve been at max level for ages. Dragonite just becomes completely useless once you are done with crafting ascended items.

It is a crappy design process to overproduce first then try to fix at a later point.

So you want the system changed for everyone just because you personally can’t be bothered to refine or destroy them? Yeah great argument.

Doggie.3184

also Doggie idk if you know this but you can make bricks out of the dust that will help you cut down on some of it think you need a certain amount of crafting though

I have 80 bricks at the moment. They’re in the SS. :o Not much to use them on yet. I was glad making Mawdrey used a some of them.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Yeah .. of course its better to nerf droprates so that a lot of people have to grind more
stuff that they don’t really want to grind, instead of that some hoarders just use the
simply and easy destroy function.

I was already kittened of when they nerfed the bloodstone drop from champ bags
just because some people were to lazy to destroy, and i had to farm the champtrain
for more hours to get the bloodstone i needed at that time.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

Daily limits SUX. SUX hard!

At the first – because I didn’t expect it.

First time I notice that – lunar new years vendors. Token exchange (“good” price), with daily limit.

I did not use them because I was used to collect a lot of things and use for 1 time.
But what I see – can can FC!w

Who design this stupid daily limit???

Also who desing stupid Achievement contribution for Dragon Gaze achievement?

I suggest to fire these designers and developers.

The problem there is that items with limited stocks are rare, and it’s not properly indicated in the vendor.

Limited stock in vendors must have warnings, and clear numbers indicating stock and recharge rate.

In this case, each entry should have shown “Max stock: 1”, “Restock: 24h”.

But thanks to it being limited like that, people did not focus solely on the arena during the event. Once you had 3, getting more only got you a few extra little envelopes.

That is extremely good, so nobody feels forced to do the stuff endlessly if they want to get as many shinnies as others, as the ‘extra’ past the daily stocks is negligible.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
No exceptions!

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

GW2 is probably the worst game I have ever played for throwing endless amounts of mats at players that your never sure if you might need later. It’s a cash cow pure and simple to make you either buy more slots for mules or bank space. They could flick a switch and end stacks…or at least make common ones 1000.

Probably my number one day-to-day criticism of this game. Storage Wars 2.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Depends on your playstyle if items are common or not. I’m usually lacking Bloodstone Dust when crafting ascended stuff but i practically swim in Empyrial Fragments.

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Throw some of it out…?

If all the avenues that generate this for you remain open, there’s no reason to hold onto so much of that stuff.

Apart from the fact that a new usage can magically appear into the game that requires vast quantities of it? See Silk before Ascended crafting was introduced for a precedent.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

tfcgeneralkmk.9508

Throw some of it out…?

Apart from the fact that a new usage can magically appear into the game that requires vast quantities of it? See Silk before Ascended crafting was introduced for a precedent.

thats true but with the amount you get from any equipment box coming off a champ so far around 5-10 things of dust , will make it come back just as quickly so i don’t think its quite the same thing unless they nerf the droprate as well

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Throw some of it out…?

When you earn soooo much of them, like some people here say, then there is no
problem to get what you need back in very short time.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.