Gem Store Outfits: Newer player feedback

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Katastroff.1045

Katastroff.1045

Dear Aneth, about 6 months ago i was finally able to put together a decent PC to run GW2. I was a GW1 player from almost the beginning of it and i got all campaigns/expac. I played it with much love and fun right until after the launch of GW2. By that time most of the friends i had in-game had left for other MMOs or came here on GW2.

When i was finally able to play, its was one of the best gaming day of my life. I even have a co-worker that plays it too and that’s mostly what we talk about at work all day. He even gifted me with the Krytan armor pack from the gem store after hearing me talk about how it was some nice piece of art from GW1.

Now i’m adressing this question to any PR, Dev or staff member of Aneth:

Why another long coat in the gem store?

We have clearly voiced that we had enough of the medium armor art long coat/butt cape stuff. We said it when the legendary armor came out, many said it over the years and still we are getting this.

In a lot of the PR stuff i see on the net, one thing comes back over and over and its how Aneth is listening to its community, how you need our feed back to make this great game even greater.
I’m gonna make a suggestion here, since you are so tuned to our desires and needs why not from time to time; its does not have to be always; try to please us. So far 3 female armor sets are non buttcape/long coat: Sneakthief, Krytian, and Strider. The last 2 are from the gem store. I would not mind spitting up cash to get some nice piece of eye candy, but you are not providing it.

Please make me an happier player,

Thank you.

Why simplify things when its so easy to complicate them ?

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

I agree with this completely.

Posted by: Havok.6073

Havok.6073

They will not listen. Been going at this since launch. Sorry mate.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

We need more trenchcoats.

Said no one evrr.

Pls!

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

*We need more trenchcoats. *

Said no one evrr.

Pls!

What? You just said it right now.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

@OP

You’re overlooking several, just off the top of my head:

Jungle Explorer
Raiment of the Lich
Pirate Captain

Arctic? Cook? Ice? (Not so sure about those)

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

*We need more trenchcoats. *

Said no one evrr.

Pls!

What? You just said it right now.

Well, there is always a first. Hipsters don’t count anyways

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Airdive.2613

Airdive.2613

While I do agree with OP to some degree, I think there are more sets that aren’t just trenchcoats. I can recall Carapace and Nightmare Court medium armor, as well as some cultural armor sets.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

@OP

Jungle Explorer
Raiment of the Lich
Pirate Captain

thats outfits not armors.

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

who the hell is aneth

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

@OP

Jungle Explorer
Raiment of the Lich
Pirate Captain

thats outfits not armors.

Isn’t the OP asking about Outfits, as well? Quote: “Why another long coat in the Gem Store?”

Pretty sure we haven’t had any new Armor ‘coats’ in the Gem Store for a long time.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

who the hell is aneth

My thoughts exactly.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Aneth pls, I like trenchcoats and kool stuff. Not be listen to tastless plebian kthx.
(BTW ty for outlaw outfit, i <3 u aneth)

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

who the hell is aneth

My thoughts exactly.

Did they mean Annette? Think she must have been one of the developers at Verant Interactive.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

who the hell is aneth

My thoughts exactly.

Did they mean Annette? Think she must have been one of the developers at Verant Interactive.

~brings back fond memories of Annette Funicello~

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

Anet*. Also it’s impossible to please everyone with any vanity item, ever.

Not to mention what you’re saying is flat our ridiculous. “Me and my friends were loving the game, but then the new outfit jumped out and ruined the entire game. You supposedly listen to us, but where’s my drink!! I’m supposed to eat this pizza without a drink??”

I really don’t know what you’re advocating for. They’re not allowed to come out with a new outfit if you don’t like it?

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Not to mention what you’re saying is flat our ridiculous. “Me and my friends were loving the game, but then the new outfit jumped out and ruined the entire game. You supposedly listen to us, but where’s my drink!! I’m supposed to eat this pizza without a drink??”

Have you even read beyond the OP’s initial typo?

It’s like you were talking about someone else’s thread. Seriously, makes me sad to see raging kids lash out at people who give friendly feedback. None of what you wrote was voiced by the OP.

MoarChaos.8320

Have you even read beyond the OP’s initial typo?

It’s like you were talking about someone else’s thread. Seriously, makes me sad to see raging kids lash out at people who give friendly feedback. None of what you wrote was voiced by the OP.

You can pretend whatever you want Ashantara, but I’m referencing things throughout his post. Those are in no way direct quotes from him, and no one would argue that they are. So again I restate my final point. Arena-net isn’t allowed to make new skins if you don’t like them?

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Not to mention, how the quality of the new outfits is worse each time. Kasmeer’s armor set had more detail than her “updated” outfit. OH! And they are really shiny & almost have an ambient lighting no matter where you are. I want a mermaid outfit. kelp skirt & seashell top. For men, a seashell cod piece ;D

MoarChaos.8320

That would be rather unique to have an outfit with a land dress version, and an underwater tail version. I think the dress version wouldn’t be a fluffy dress, but just a tail along one of the legs.

Posted by: Karmapolice.4193

Karmapolice.4193

Yep, this was common feedback when the game came first came out. Players asked for less trenchcoats, buttcapes and skirts. Anet actually responded but said it might be a while because it takes some time to create new armor/outfits. Yet, we still get trench coats, buttcapes and skirts.
I would kill for some simple armors, like the plain tank top some of the circus castaways wear. I think Anet only likes armor that has 700 pounds of bedazzling added to it, though. Like the new WvW armor sets, ugh, what an eyesore.

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

They already addressed that they wanted each light/medium/heavy to follow a relative similar theme to help make it possible to tell what class you might encounter. i.e. trench coat could be rangers / engineers. So they’re sticking to their guns, although their logic doesn’t hold much water.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!