Dear Arena Net - Previewing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

I don’t make this claim lightly, but I can pretty confidently say that most (if not all) players don’t care about clipping issues in the preview window! If I, as a Warrior, preview a Light armour robe-type chestpiece I expect it to clip with my Heavy armour pieces! As I did not have any intention of wearing said Light armour piece on my Warrior – as it is, in fact, impossible – the clipping didn’t bother me! The reason why I would preview armour I could not use was to see if it was worth getting for my alt(s) that could use it!

Sadly, I can no longer go looking for neat armour pieces on my main anymore thank to this “fix”. This was not an issue and it did not require any sort of fixing. What’s that old saying…

“Don’t attempt to fix that which is not broken.”

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Kosai.7458

Kosai.7458

really miss it already

Posted by: Kosai.7458

Kosai.7458

i never did care for the clipping issues or graphical issues when previewing anyway. since i already know i cant wear it, i didnt bother. and im sure everyone didnt care either

it was like a small ant bite. didnt feel. didnt notice. didnt care. didnt hurt. didnt bother. didnt give a kitten

(edited by Kosai.7458)

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Yeah as I said; you can’t actually wear that piece of armour anyway, so who cares?!

It WAS, however, very handy for finding good-looking gear for your alts.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Arimik.2460

Arimik.2460

i would like to know how they thought that this change was a good idea. the shear inconvenience of not being able to preview is staggering.

That which does not kill me, has made a tactical error.

Posted by: Kain.9127

Kain.9127

They really dont seem to think things through. I havent talked to a single player thats happy about this. Its just downright annoying. If it was never intended, why release it like that?

Posted by: Arcos.9134

Arcos.9134

Agreed, please return the preview feature! And add it to the trading post while your at it!

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

I love how Arenanet’s fixes makes things go backwards. You want TP preview? NO. You lose armor preview.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Pretty sure your not supposed to entitle thread “Arena Net” according to the rules. I guess a mod will correct you if im right.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Yeah, a head-scratching change. Why take the time to remove a good feature & not add the preview for the TP. this makes so little sense.