Dear gamers, please don't ruin this for me.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dendrite.2031

dendrite.2031

Dear Gamers,

Lately I’ve been coming on here and noticing many new topics on why you all do not like this game anymore. You are disheartened by this or that, and GW2 is not like this or that game, including its predecessor.

As someone who played another game recently, which I will not name, but I’m sure you all know which one I’m talking about, the third part of a very popular dungeon-crawling action RPG series.., ahem..I am seeing the same sort of topics on this forum as on that other game’s forum. Guess what, I no longer play that game.

What I want to say is, I no longer play that game for two reasons. One: it was in fact a difficult game with little to almost no reward for playing the game, and incredibly hard to even find ONE piece of legendary and USEFUL gear. This game does not have that problem. This game is extremely rewarding, and it’s fun to play. Despite it’s flaws, because I won’t argue that it’s not perfect, IT IS STILL FUN TO PLAY! The second reason why I slowly stopped playing that game, and my main point of this post, is that the community told me not to like it!

That’s right!

All of the people who spent so much time coming up with long, argumentative, well thought out posts about the game mechanics, loot rates, skill sets, etc, and with plenty of good points to prove or support their arguments, took the fun out of the game for me!

Now, I know what you’re all thinking: “Well then don’t read the posts!”

It’s hard NOT to read the posts when they flood the forum because all it takes are few people to get this ball of hate rolling. Frankly, leave my game alone. Let me finish getting my exotic gear, my legendary weapons, and let me finish exploring the rest of Tyria. I do not want to come here and see so many posts about why this game sucks or how much you are all disappointed.

Now, we may be going through some rough times here, new patches, it is a brand new game still in its baby stages, but I believe this game will have more content as time goes on, and will become more challenging and also more rewarding. Lost Shores seems like a good example of this.

So please, I beg the gamer community, do NOT ruin my experience of this game by trying to make everyone believe that this game sucks, or is flawed, hopeless, or whatever! If you don’t like it, like someone else said, go that way ->

Leave this community pure, and without so much hatred, anger, or whatever disappointment you may feel. It’s a game, a free one at that aside from the initial purchase price. Let me enjoy my game, and have a nice day.

Posted by: ccastiel.6931

ccastiel.6931

Thank you! Someone had to say this.

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Your answer is simple don’t visit the forum. Forums are where people come to debate. Things are unlikely to settle down… maybe for months.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Not our fault if the company/devs doesn’t care of community requests , fix the game of billion bugs, and introducing new ones who doesn’t allow you to even complete a path (coe path1 for example), much less introduce geargrind noone asked, splitting and destroying the community with fractal lv. x racism
I’m sorry this made you feel uncomfortable to log. It’s making us bored to log too.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

(edited by Lucas Ashrock.8675)

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

You came from Diablo III to this ~ I immediately jumped off that failwagon soon as GW2 was launched, arguably the game was much better back then. Obviously, a game has to evolve and obviously, it isn’t going to please everyone all the time – the problem is, it honestly feels like anet are catering to the minority here, being the hardcore but vocal crowd who wanted a proper endgame progression, anet delivered it without thinking what that actually ment for the game.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

As much as you want something out of the forum – remember it is the main place ANet asks for feedback.
Therefore – feedback is what they’ll get – even if negative in your eyes or because you disagree with it or even whines.

It’s up to ANet to sort it out – not you.

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

You can leave the forums anytime.

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

I empathize quite strongly with you OP. For your own sanity though ask yourself "Why are these people posting these things? There’s really only 3 possibilities:

1) They DO love the game and want to make it better and these rage filled posts are their misguided way of trying to improve it. I am guilty of from time to time writing what could be seen as a very negative post about games I love. It’s why I try very hard to include something positive or at least “I do love this game” in any negative post I write and phrase it constructively.

2) They hate the game and want it to fail. These people are essentially trolls and should die in a fire. I mean seriously what kind of kitten goes out of their way to destroy something others enjoy which is not harmful to anyone or anything?

3) They thought the game was something it isn’t and feel let down so they are lashing out. This is the hardest group to deal with. Not every game is for everyone. Sometimes people misjudge what they are getting and feel lied to. Some publishers really do lie about what’s in their game (Skyrim economy, ME3 endings, etc…). It’s a buyer beware market these days but I think Anet was very honest and transparent about the game and anyone who really followed it and did their research shouldn’t have been too surprised by what they got. But people have a hard time admitting they made a mistake these days and always want to blame someone else because ‘their the victim’.

tl;dr The people writing these super negative posts either love the game and are trying to make in better in a very misguided way or should just be ignored because they hate the game and need to move along.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

There’s a 4th category though. Those that honestly care about the game and would like to see it floursih for years to come. They want to give some feedback and are desperate for being heard. But they feel ignored, so their response is repeated…louder each time, until finally they snap.

I’m all in the category 4, except for the snap part. But I’ll admit, Chris White stating the community ‘loves the new changes’ is a big slap in the face.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

This is the most selfish thread i ever read……..

We had our experience ruined, we use the forum as its meant to (see give feedback in quality and quantity)

But hey someone who have his particular visionof the game don t like negative feedback so lets all stop posting….

Try to do what you are asking us, pretend negative comments are all positive as you ask us to pretend all is like 1 week ago….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

Most people don’t bother talking about how much they like the game, but just enjoy it. Frustrated people are exactly the opposite. They will always seek ways to unload their frustrations. And the forums are just perfect place to do it. Just don’t bother looking for objective opinions on forums. This is the last place where you should look!

For example here you can find gw2 user rating for gw2: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/view/ratings

So most of the players appears to be satisfied. But by simply reading the forums you might think it’s exactly the opposite.

Cheers!

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Not our fault if the company/devs doesn’t care of community requests

Who is “community” and where do I meet him/her? Or did you mean that the company/devs don;t care about your requests? Because that’d actually make sense.

Anyway… People will always complain. It’s part of the way we are built. Some are more vocal about it, others would rather stay quiet. Hyped MMOs get a pretty heavy hit because, well, a lot of people were waiting for the game and imagining what it’d be like. Even idealising it. And when it didn’t match the dream…disappointment time. Eventually everybody reaches the boredom stage and wants smth new, smth more. If none of this happened, there’d be only 1 MMO and we’d all be playing it…forever.

And if you let the opinions of others ruin a game for you….the problem is in you, not in the “others”. Grow a spine and learn to think for yourself.

This forum’s community i guess, not the worldwide playerbase not even able to read english language forums etc (or would be way worst now) The majority complains about what i wrote. 99 angry post 1 “you’re amazing , everything is perfect (lol)”. Does it sound familiar, or is just me? Do you want to read some more forums on other languages, and their feedback too? Or you truly think all this anger and blame for the content is just on this forum on this language?

For example here you can find gw2 user rating for gw2: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/view/ratings

So most of the players appears to be satisfied. But by simply reading the forums you might think it’s exactly the opposite.

Cheers!

Just so you know, that poll is based on votes before the last geargrind content update. Reset the poll and ask again, watch the results

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Posted by: Belteshazzar.6307

Belteshazzar.6307

Bitterness, Bitterness everywhere!

Anyways I don’t think you guys should tell OP to get out of the forums..
He does have some solid points..
D3’s community seriously was one of the worst communities ever
although now it got a lot better.. there are still people who blame blizzard for everything.. EVERY SINGLE thing.. they come up with arguments that don’t even make sense.

I am truly afraid this is what is going to happen to this community.

Lucas Ashrock.8675

D3 community anger was: company’s fault
GW2 community anger is: company’s fault
Pretty clear, isn’t it

Belteshazzar.6307

D3 community anger was: company’s fault
GW2 community anger is: company’s fault
Pretty clear, isn’t it ;)

Maybe but maybe not..
Some just argue for the sake of arguing..
Some do it to make them feel better about themselves.
Some do it to feel like they are a part of something.

Honestly, I for one dont care about which direction GW2 goes. Even though lot of you say its turning into another WoW clone its still an entirely different game.

(edited by Belteshazzar.6307)

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

The amount of bitterness is proportional to the amount of wrongdoing (perceived).
I personally would be off the forums by now, as much as I am out of the game fror a week now, if it wasn’t for the fact that I can’t ge ta re-fund because I pre-purchased too early.

So since I’m stuck with the product, I’d like to see it back to the state that was marketed to me, or at least some real communication adressing the true issues.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

The amount of bitterness is proportional to the amount of wrongdoing (perceived).

What your calling “wrongdoing” other people may call it “doing the right thing”! Don’t you understand that?

Belteshazzar.6307

What your calling “wrongdoing” other people may call it “doing the right thing”! Don’t you understand that?

Exactly.

I don’t think of it has “wrongdoing” at all.
It is still a great game regardless of direction.

Lucas Ashrock.8675

I personally would be off the forums by now, as much as I am out of the game fror a week now, if it wasn’t for the fact that I can’t ge ta re-fund because I pre-purchased too early.

So since I’m stuck with the product, I’d like to see it back to the state that was marketed to me, or at least some real communication adressing the true issues.

You’re wrong. If you prepurchased online, you can have your refund. Guaranteed 100%, try.

Posted by: Kid Taylor.5479

Kid Taylor.5479

I do not understand why you are so easily influenced by other people’s opinions. If the game is good enough for you, go ahead and play it.

I am also of the belief that people have the right to their opinions, and the right to express them freely, even if they run contrary to yours.

cherrie.8907

You’re wrong. If you prepurchased online, you can have your refund. Guaranteed 100%, try.

Up to six months after purchase.
I pre-purchased in April.

Your ticket has been escalated to me as a supervisor for NCsoft Payments and Account Support.

In regards to your refund request, I do have to report that the information that you were provided with previously was correct, we are unable to extend refunds on purchases that are greater than 6-months in age.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Up to six months after purchase.
I pre-purchased in April.

Your ticket has been escalated to me as a supervisor for NCsoft Payments and Account Support.

In regards to your refund request, I do have to report that the information that you were provided with previously was correct, we are unable to extend refunds on purchases that are greater than 6-months in age.

You truly bough the game more than 6 months ago?

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

The community in “that game” were so unpleasant that it made me like the game more. I couldn’t help thinking “if complete kittenwads like you guys hate this game, then I love it more than ever”.

cherrie.8907

You truly bough the game more than 6 months ago?

Uhm… yeah?
Pre-purchased on April 11?
Why is that so hard to believe?

-Mike Obrien

Lucas Ashrock.8675

cherrie, i suggest you to check your email when your gw2 account was created ( i guess it was the same day you bough it) or just the email confirming your purchase. Check if you truly passed 6 months+1 day.
Edit: oh april. Ye, way too early, i feel so sorry for you. Try to push a bit more. As much i remember, is not published anywhere the 6 months timeframe for a refund. So , they cannot make a rule valid, if not public.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Most people don’t bother talking about how much they like the game, but just enjoy it. Frustrated people are exactly the opposite. They will always seek ways to unload their frustrations. And the forums are just perfect place to do it. Just don’t bother looking for objective opinions on forums. This is the last place where you should look!

Cheers!

First, the polling predates the last patch. Second…
“Based on 747 total votes”
Um… yeah, that’s soo much more than the people on this forum…

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

cherrie.8907

cherrie, i suggest you to check your email when your gw2 account was created ( i guess it was the same day you bough it) or just the email confirming your purchase. Check if you truly passed 6 months+1 day.

The quote I posted is from my exchange with the support so yes, I ain’t get my money back from NCSoft. April 11th + 6 months is October 11th, over a month ago.
The day I created my account has nothing to do with it because – for NCSoft Support – is the purchase date that matters. But in either case, my account was made on April 11 since I bought it off their site.

-Mike Obrien

Lucas Ashrock.8675

AS i wrote you editing, for what i remember the 6 months timeframe is not public.
If it’s not public, cannot be applied, and you can pretend your refund regarless of what they say. Until they send you a public document everyone can read, proving it.
Basic law.

cherrie.8907

I’m not saying adding Ascended gear is a wrongdoing Don’t you understand that?, I’m saying selling me a product saying it will have A and not B to change the nature of the product so that it has B not A is a wrongdoing. Don’t you understand that? It’s called scamming. Don’t you understand that? And as I said before, I can’t get my money back because they made the change more than 6 months after initial pre-purchases. Don’t you understand that?

Edit: not to mention that I did add the word perceived in my original post.

-Mike Obrien

(edited by cherrie.8907)

cherrie.8907

AS i wrote you editing, for what i remember the 6 months timeframe is not public.
If it’s not public, cannot be applied, and you can pretend your refund regarless of what they say. Until they send you a public document everyone can read, proving it.
Basic law.

Maybe* but if you bring any law that states differently than their company policy, they refer you to their Legal Department in Boston – been there:

As you have suggested legal action, we in support are unable to discuss this issue further, and all correspondence will now need to be done by your legal council and our legal department. Further replies to the support department concerning legal issues will be closed with no further response.

ATTN: Legal
6801 N Capital of Texas Hwy
Bldg 1, Ste 102
Austin, Texas 78731

-Mike Obrien

(edited by cherrie.8907)

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

That’s hardly unusual, I’m coming up to 6 months now and I was a fairly late adopter (BWE2).

To the point though, asking a forum community to refrain from criticism is a lot like asking the tide not to come in … you can yell at it all you like but it’s not going to make the blindest bit of difference. If you find that you are easily influenced by a forum community, then don’t visit the forum. Visiting these forums is a choice, it’s not at all necessary.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Posted by: Logun.2349

Logun.2349

Dear Gamers,

Lately I’ve been coming on here and noticing many new topics on why you all do not like this game anymore. You are disheartened by this or that, and GW2 is not like this or that game, including its predecessor.

As someone who played another game recently, which I will not name, but I’m sure you all know which one I’m talking about, the third part of a very popular dungeon-crawling action RPG series.., ahem..I am seeing the same sort of topics on this forum as on that other game’s forum. Guess what, I no longer play that game.

What I want to say is, I no longer play that game for two reasons. One: it was in fact a difficult game with little to almost no reward for playing the game, and incredibly hard to even find ONE piece of legendary and USEFUL gear. This game does not have that problem. This game is extremely rewarding, and it’s fun to play. Despite it’s flaws, because I won’t argue that it’s not perfect, IT IS STILL FUN TO PLAY! The second reason why I slowly stopped playing that game, and my main point of this post, is that the community told me not to like it!

That’s right!

All of the people who spent so much time coming up with long, argumentative, well thought out posts about the game mechanics, loot rates, skill sets, etc, and with plenty of good points to prove or support their arguments, took the fun out of the game for me!

Now, I know what you’re all thinking: “Well then don’t read the posts!”

It’s hard NOT to read the posts when they flood the forum because all it takes are few people to get this ball of hate rolling. Frankly, leave my game alone. Let me finish getting my exotic gear, my legendary weapons, and let me finish exploring the rest of Tyria. I do not want to come here and see so many posts about why this game sucks or how much you are all disappointed.

Now, we may be going through some rough times here, new patches, it is a brand new game still in its baby stages, but I believe this game will have more content as time goes on, and will become more challenging and also more rewarding. Lost Shores seems like a good example of this.

So please, I beg the gamer community, do NOT ruin my experience of this game by trying to make everyone believe that this game sucks, or is flawed, hopeless, or whatever! If you don’t like it, like someone else said, go that way ->

Leave this community pure, and without so much hatred, anger, or whatever disappointment you may feel. It’s a game, a free one at that aside from the initial purchase price. Let me enjoy my game, and have a nice day.

People have the right to express their disappointment and frustration when a change is implemented that they don’t like.

If you read that complaint and it makes you enjoy the game less perhaps it just woke you up to a problem that was already there and on some level you agree with.

If you laugh at there ridiculous complaint and never think of it again then it’s not effecting you so no need to worry about it.

People are not creating the issues by talking about them they are just making it harder for you to ignore them. Perhaps if you join in we all might be able to get our message hear that much faster and get things fixed.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Cheers!

this is one of the oldest excuses ever used….
It starts to become really old….

My signature explains all i’d say..
The real vocal minority are those saying “hey everything is okay!! i have not any single fact but my word to prove 10.000 people are wrong and i am right but hey i am cool they just are angry childs…..because i say so obviously u.u”

You are almost insulting the right of speech and intelligence of thousands players inthis way…..say their opinion isn t representative and they are angry for nothing….

P.S.
FACTS:
1) your ranking is on the game from the release…i bet his rating is going down
2) just watch comments on your link (oh yeah vocal minority because they don t agree with you)
3) international press seems to have noticed the complaints of the playerbase and most of them told why it has solid bases…..

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

This forum’s community i guess, not the worldwide playerbase not even able to read english language forums etc (or would be way worst now) The majority complains about what i wrote. 99 angry post 1 “you’re amazing , everything is perfect (lol)”. Does it sound familiar, or is just me? Do you want to read some more forums on other languages, and their feedback too? Or you truly think all this anger and blame for the content is just on this forum on this language?

I have no idea what other languages have to do with this…that aside… No, that’s not true. Every suggestion is liked and disliked by equal amount of people. Few say everything is perfect, but the majority have different ideas of what is good and what needs to be changed and then in what way does it need to be changed. But let’s look at your list:
- Every patch has a list of ~20 bugs fixed. I’m pretty sure there are working on those as fast and as good as they can. It’s not like they are deliberately keeping bugs in the game….
- Noone asked for geargrind? Did you miss all the “i’m bored of this game, nothing to do in it”-QQ?
- Racism in fractials? Ok, I’m not going with charr any more, they smell funny… Splitting the community? So does every map, every dungeon, every story quest, every spvp match, every WvWvW…what’s your point?

Posted by: Urxx.6840

Urxx.6840

OP, I’m one of those who disliked the recent change in direction very much.
I’m here to voice my concerns because I think ArenaNet hurt us and themselves with the new tier of gear.

I think this and only this is the place to voice our discontent, not the game. I play less and less, but when I do play, I try to be nice to other players and I leave my disappointment behind.

So, if you don’t see any reason to be unhappy about the recent developments and still love the game, by any means log on and have fun instead of coming here and be depressed by what you read.

Let us have a way to try and be heard by the devs, while you enjoy GW2.

You know what? I actually envy you.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

In todays “soviet PC culture” criticism is willfully misunderstood.

Not only by the creatives whose product is getting criticized but especially by the unwitting consumer, that means you OP.

Yes, there are always crybabies that want it all now&quick then switch on the siren again when they got it just as asked for.
This is not criticism, that´s just nagging.

We care therefore we complain to hopefully get a better experience out of it again. For us(& you OP) and the Devs.

When we´re so fed up that we stopped caring and just leave, THEN it´s actually game over.

BTW OP, you should be SO VERY thankful to the D3 fora that turned you off that skinner box of a game. You will(hopefully) never waste another penny and your precious lifetime on a Blizzard product again. I´m glad I didn´t even start.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Basic law.

Maybe* but if you bring any law that states differently than their company policy, they refer you to their Legal Department in Boston – been there:

As you have suggested legal action, we in support are unable to discuss this issue further, and all correspondence will now need to be done by your legal council and our legal department. Further replies to the support department concerning legal issues will be closed with no further response.

ATTN: Legal
6801 N Capital of Texas Hwy
Bldg 1, Ste 102
Austin, Texas 78731

Well, contact them again not mentioning legal actions, asking them to show you a public document where is publically wrote the terms of refund. IF they ignore you, call a lawyer, ask him to send a letter for you.
A letter is cheap, and they WILL answer, be sure. Guess, they (as much i remember) will not be able to show you any public document. IF you go forward, you can ask way more than the account’s refund, if you find a smart lawyer. That’s all, let’s not derail this thread anymore about legal suggestions One thing i can tell you: you’re on the right side of the game

I have no idea what other languages have to do with this…that aside… No, that’s not true. Every suggestion is liked and disliked by equal amount of people. Few say everything is perfect, but the majority have different ideas of what is good and what needs to be changed and then in what way does it need to be changed. But let’s look at your list:
- Every patch has a list of ~20 bugs fixed. I’m pretty sure there are working on those as fast and as good as they can. It’s not like they are deliberately keeping bugs in the game….
- Noone asked for geargrind? Did you miss all the “i’m bored of this game, nothing to do in it”-QQ?
- Racism in fractials? Ok, I’m not going with charr any more, they smell funny… Splitting the community? So does every map, every dungeon, every story quest, every spvp match, every WvWvW…what’s your point?

If you ignore a worldwide reality, thinking english speakers are the only player of gw2, do you really need my answer?

You think they are working on it. There are bugs reported long, long ago , never fixed. Yes, next year, expect most of old bugs fixed

Ancient gear? New stuff? Yes, we asked them. I don’t remember so many “we want a new tier at all, exo armor is trash, we are done with it”

Racism in fractals. Based on your fractal level and gear, not if you’re a smelly charr

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Your answer is simple don’t visit the forum. Forums are where people come to debate. Things are unlikely to settle down… maybe for months.

Forums are a place for whiners to QQ on.

Either way. The OP would be better off spending his/her time playing than visiting the forum. If they like the game, go play. If they are concerned with some aspect, visit forum and debate.

The truth is that most of this forum was pretty friendly, except for the SPVP section, right up till the Lost Shores Event. Then it turned sour.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

The forums are for the people who still play the game, not for those who have left the game for whatever reason. The problem is, the second type of people are still on the forums spewing their hatred for the changes in the game. This makes it a hostile environment for those of us who do still play this game.

Again, this forum is for those who DO play the game. If you don’t play the game anymore for whatever reason, please move elsewhere. Thank you.

Posted by: MrThebigcheese.2014

MrThebigcheese.2014

Potential buyers have a right to know the game is just a shell of an actual mmo with no depth.

Posted by: clydey.4963

clydey.4963

Seriously OP, the forums are not the place for you to go to for any game if you’re not wanting to read the complaints and arguements made against it.

I’m not going to go on and say why I no longer play half as much, my complaint has been made clear, my stance firm. I’ve moved on until either something changes or something better comes along and I forget about this game.

Simply skipping certain titled threads is a good way to keep your idea of the game pure, but to ask people not to complain about the game is completely wrong, they have a right to express their displeasure. People posting on and on about it yeah, I admit it gets a bit annoying and people shouldn’t dwell on it but that’s just how it goes.

If you’re enjoying the game that’s all that matters. Why should others displeasure effect you personally? This is for Anet to take into consideration or ignore, don’t even worry about it.

Posted by: Urxx.6840

Urxx.6840

The forums are for the people who still play the game, not for those who have left the game for whatever reason. The problem is, the second type of people are still on the forums spewing their hatred for the changes in the game. This makes it a hostile environment for those of us who do still play this game.

Again, this forum is for those who DO play the game. If you don’t play the game anymore for whatever reason, please move elsewhere. Thank you.

What you call “spewing hatred” I call giving feedback. The difference between you and me is that you are trying to silence me while I haven nothing against you posting.

Especially if you manage to be more constructive than you have just been.

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Diablo players wanted silly gear farming game like diablo 2 and they got gear farming. I wanted PvP game where everybody can get best gear just like that and now they try to force me do some crappy dungeon.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: kistell.5684

kistell.5684

I Purchased this game online a month after release , have asked for a refund and now they claim my paypal invoice is the wrong number no matter how many times i send it.
100% not in my case looks like they need an excuse not to give one.

Posted by: MrThebigcheese.2014

MrThebigcheese.2014

Diablo players wanted silly gear farming game like diablo 2 and they got gear farming. I wanted PvP game where everybody can get best gear just like that and now they try to force me do some crappy dungeon.

Actually D3 fans got gear BUYING, not farming. They neutered loot drops so people needed to spend real money to progress.

This is why D3 is the worst game released this year, maybe ever. GW2 might be a crappy mmo, but it’s not as bad of a money grab as D3 was.

Posted by: Wintyre Fraust.6534

Wintyre Fraust.6534

“Leave this community pure, and without so much hatred, anger, or whatever disappointment you may feel. It’s a game, a free one at that aside from the initial purchase price. Let me enjoy my game, and have a nice day.”

The problem is that many of us have no place to go. This was it – the reason we came out of MMOG retirement, the reason we updated our computers or bought new ones, the reason we bought a new gaming mouse and headhphones, the reason we put $100’s of dollars each into the gem store even though we didn’t really need it; this was our AAA shining city on the hill that would actually have a permanent cap on stat progression at a point that was realistically attainable even by casual players. We sold our homes (figuratively speaking), packed our stuff and moved into Shangri-La.

10 weeks later, we are thrown out of paradise. Unfortunately for you, the time we would have been spending playing other games is now being used to vent our frustrations and attempt to change things back, because now those other games are just not worth playing any more.

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

What you call “spewing hatred” I call giving feedback. The difference between you and me is that you are trying to silence me while I haven nothing against you posting.

Especially if you manage to be more constructive than you have just been.

There’s nothing wrong with leaving your constructive feedback on the forum when you leave. I encourage you to do so as it helps the developers make a better game.

The problem is people are leaving their constructive feedback on why they left and then repeating it over and over for days and days until the rest of us feel like our forums are being held hostage by them.

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

When someone says people have left, another always defends that you dn’t leave since there is no subscription fee, and that they might be back.

Well than: same reasoning: forum is for everybody who bought the game…

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

The problem is that many of us have no place to go. This was it – the reason we came out of MMOG retirement, the reason we updated our computers or bought new ones, the reason we bought a new gaming mouse and headhphones, the reason we put $100’s of dollars each into the gem store even though we didn’t really need it; this was our AAA shining city on the hill that would actually have a permanent cap on stat progression at a point that was realistically attainable even by casual players. We sold our homes (figuratively speaking), packed our stuff and moved into Shangri-La.

10 weeks later, we are thrown out of paradise. Unfortunately for you, the time we would have been spending playing other games is now being used to vent our frustrations and attempt to change things back, because now those other games are just not worth playing any more.

I legitimately feel sorry for these people. I sympathize. I enjoyed GW1 for a while and then realised I was chasing after something I didn’t honestly care about, so I stopped playing. I’ve never played a MMO between then and GW2. If anyone invested hundreds of dollars based on what was essentially sales spiel and good intentions, that’s a terrible position to be in and I hope that perhaps they make their investment opportunities with a little more consideration in the future. I honestly wish you didn’t feel so disappointed.

An issue I have with this is not that people are expressing their disappointment, but the feeling that they are choosing to do so in a way that could be considered to involve souring the community by their actions – actions that they may feel are warranted. Those who are strongly against recent changes have exhibited dismissive and occasionally mocking attitudes towards those who don’t share their opinions when they should – by all rights – be taking a higher moral ground. The forums aren’t just for feedback – they should be about building and maintaining a positive community as well, not simply to be used as a podium for people to voice their upset. I’m fine with that upset in itself, I just question the use of moderation and sensitivity towards those who would rather not see dozens of repetitions every day of the same topics by the same posters.

Behold: Opinions!

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

To the OP: if you even have problems with those posts that are well written, provide arguments and all that, as you say you do, than there is nothing to help you.

Your opinion is not more important than that of others.

Many posts get on my nerves too, but I know it’s the price you pay for being on a forum.

If you can’t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…