Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

(fixing forum bug)

But yes, please fix the camera. <3

Death/Downed Camera...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Thanks for finding that old patch note. That was one of the praise-be-to-Anet moments in this game’s history. We need it back!

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

Here is the patch note from March 26, 2013:

• Automatic camera rotation while defeated will no longer restart after the camera is moved.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-March-26-2013/first#post1856151

So, I’m confused about why there would be a middle ground. Just re-enable the previous feature that was ‘broken’ in the patch.

Oh dear god This sooooo much. This was such a problem it was fixed within 7 months of launch. It was glorious for 18 months. Why oh why was the spinning brought back.

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It doesn’t stop for me, when I was at the Teq event recently ground fields were really difficult to see, so I got downed three times, I moved the mouse and it stopped for exactly 1.5 seconds then immediately began moving around again away from the battle.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

the new camera config is really annoying. if im recording and i die, then my pov gets all messed up.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: Jacobbs.9468

Jacobbs.9468

• Automatic camera rotation while defeated will no longer restart after the camera is moved.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-March-26-2013/first#post1856151

So, I’m confused about why there would be a middle ground. Just re-enable the previous feature that was ‘broken’ in the patch.

This, 10x over.

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

LEAVE MY CAMERA SETTINGS ALONE! Would anyone else play an FPS if your camera kept switching between first and third person view? would you play a racing game where the camera was rotating around your car the whole race? NO, leave the camera alone! It is infinitely annoying when you set it and then it zooms for you or the zoom level keeps changing in the same fight (Claw…).

It’s bad enough that the camera is affected by terrain, adding the ‘death camera’ view is stupid – I KNOW I’M DEAD… You don’t have to emphasize it for me.
We complained until you fixed it in gw1, you brought it to gw2 for some stupid reason – copy & paste most likely. GET RID OF IT. If you don’t want people ‘cheating’ in wvw or pvp, open up the kitten map so they can waypoint when they die, but stop punishing people by messing with their client settings.

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: AnniMira.2506

AnniMira.2506

Not fixed yet. Ty for quick response and solution. Just remember add a comment to the code that spinning dead camera will never again be brought back.

The spinning dead camera is really annoying. Would this be top 1 annoying feature in GW2? Perhaps solo games have this spinning dead camera too but there mostly is nothing to see after death. (And because solo games does not have this good support, players don’t ask for fixes because they know they won’t get them. Sure I could ask for better selfie camera for Skyrim but changes are next to none.)

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

@Lil Puppy – Have you actually been reading the thread? I think you’ve missed some vital info here…

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

seriously annoying!!

Death/Downed Camera...

khani.4786

Seriously…please, can you fix this already.

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

If it actually was intentional, I don’t know why they’d want to bring back a “feature” that the playerbase hated and wanted removed (and was removed for that reason…).

I get motion sick easily, so this is really a horrid change for me. It gives me a headache whenever I get downed or die unless I respawn right away. At least give us the option to disable this abominable camera behavior.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: kokuou.9537

kokuou.9537

Huh, I can see how it would be frustrating for it to restart the spinning. Perhaps there is a happy middle ground where it starts out spinning then once you move the camera it stops.

As many people have now pointed out, the ‘happy middle ground’ you mention was how it worked previous to the Feature Patch and was actually implemented because players hated how it worked in the first place (as it is now, having been reverted).
While I am a bit baffled that a gameplay programmer would be unaware of this fact, I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt, but I still think we are owed a proper explanation as to why the ‘dead camera’ behaviour was changed back after being fixed and when we can expect it to be put back the way it was before the Feature Patch.

Death/Downed Camera...

Jacobbs.9468

Huh, I can see how it would be frustrating for it to restart the spinning. Perhaps there is a happy middle ground where it starts out spinning then once you move the camera it stops.

As many people have now pointed out, the ‘happy middle ground’ you mention was how it worked previous to the Feature Patch and was actually implemented because players hated how it worked in the first place (as it is now, having been reverted).
While I am a bit baffled that a gameplay programmer would be unaware of this fact, I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt, but I still think we are owed a proper explanation as to why the ‘dead camera’ behaviour was changed back after being fixed and when we can expect it to be put back the way it was before the Feature Patch.

Yep, this reversion seemed to sneak in. My guess is that it has something to do with not quite on the ball branch management.

Death/Downed Camera...

khani.4786

I do dungeons every day and this camera change is infuriating.

“Automatic camera rotation while defeated will no longer restart after the camera is moved.”

Please put this back. Pretty please.

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Downed camera is broken and frustrating as hell. Please put back the old setting that was in place before 9.9. patch!

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: duckideva.6358

duckideva.6358

Oh please, please, please, get rid of the constant swirling! I feel like I’m a goldfish in the mystic potty.

Cruella LaDucki: Have corpses, will travel
Torwynd Trueheart: Here I come to save the day!
NSP – Quak Resident Duchess L’Orange

Death/Downed Camera...

Jacobbs.9468

Is there any news on this?

Death/Downed Camera...

AnniMira.2506

Not fixed yet. I’m dead at jumping puzzle and would like to turn camera so that I can see other people and possibly ask them to revive. But the camera tilts toward ground. Cannot see at all.

I saw a game developer conference video where Anet people said any of them could make a build – a build that fixes only this major annoyance, but maybe not in practice.

I too would like to hear the explanation. And why did quality team passed this through? Should they have mini-beta tests before releases?

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: mjasa.5821

mjasa.5821

I cant even understand this solution of middle ground, it wasn’t broken why brake it now after all this time, just revert it back to how it was before patch, period, punctum!

Death/Downed Camera...

eyestrain.3056

Poking again because this needs fix asap.

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

this problem still persists. it is extremely irritating.

downed state is bad for PVP

Death/Downed Camera...

scerevisiae.1972

I cant even understand this solution of middle ground, it wasn’t broken why brake it now after all this time, just revert it back to how it was before patch, period, punctum!

agree, surely it’s a mistake…though makes me wonder why it’s not been hotfixed?

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

agree, surely it’s a mistake…though makes me wonder why it’s not been hotfixed?

Because it’s not game breaking for the free trial.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

That would be an amazing compromise. PLEASE!

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not so much a compromise, as doing that would restore it to it’s function before the patch ‘broke’ it. See above Patch Note quote.

Death/Downed Camera...

Jacobbs.9468

To echo, this is the behaviour that was in the game from the date of the listed patch note above and the September feature pack. Since September, it’s been reverted to the behaviour it had at release.

Death/Downed Camera...

scerevisiae.1972

annoying change is still bloody annoying.

Death/Downed Camera...

Jacobbs.9468

Seems like it was the result of poor branch management. I do think, however, that this is not a priority for a lot of people because the thread doesn’t get very many replies.

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

A new patch and still no fix.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: Bunnikk.2146

Bunnikk.2146

Hi anet, I just wanted to say this still makes me motion sick. I will keep reading the patch notes.

[RAWR] Monsters of Tyria
Monster of choice – Kitsune
Megaserver formerly known as Blackgate

Death/Downed Camera...

AnniMira.2506

I agree with this motion sickness. I get it when waiting for reviving. Very much when I start cleaning the inventory, or reporting a bug: feels like the inventory window is moving to opposite direction.

Game manuals warn about sickness when playing games, but until now, I have only smiled to the warnings. Playing GW2 causes no sickness whatsoever, only this death-camera!

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

This blasted camera thing is really beginning to Jarate me off. Even holding the mouse button down to look around, it tried to “yank” control out of my hand. Fair enough I can only be down for 4 minutes, but in that time I would like to see whats going on so that I can get a rez / contribute when I am rezzed and so on. They may as well just blank out our screen or something, its that frustrating.

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Seriously. I just came back from vacation and I got this again. I was like, wtf? Why is this back? They fixed this a long time ago, because it seriously sucked.

Just like profession based drops. Something that we players did not ask for, don’t want, but Anet put it into the game anyway.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Death/Downed Camera...

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

This, a hundred times this. The constantly rotating camera when you just want to look at your party members, should you have been the unlucky person to go down, is so frustrating. It’s fine that it rotates initially, before I touch it, but once I’ve told it to look somewhere, I would expect it to stop forcing itself into a spin again.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Death/Downed Camera...

scerevisiae.1972

i actually stopped playing because of it.

Death/Downed Camera...

eyestrain.3056

I took a break from wvw because of terrible matchup system but whenever I go back in and try to scout/report when I have been killed it’s a serious hassle with this problem still in place. Needs fix asap.

Death/Downed Camera...

AnniMira.2506

Not fixed yet. Anet should place a warning that the game may make you dizzy when waiting for reviving.