Dec. 10th Balance Preview - Updated Nov 6th.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Some issues seemed to be overlooked :

Healing Signet
This skill is clearly over the top right now. Other passive healing options (Elem, Thief) does only heal when attacking.
Why ever putting a full passive healing option on the profession with highest armor & health pool ? Why giving them the option to heal passively while blocking, 000ing, running away ? This leads to more passive play, and actually warrior is already the passive king (full passive heal, auto-stab, auto-0000)

Dhuumfire
I did not see any tweak (understand nerf or deletion) of this trait. Even necromancers recognize that it’s over the top, especially when combined with Terror.

HS is a Healing skill, not a utility. When we have it equipped we have no other source of healing other that Adrenal Health which is kind of pathetic when you are constantly using your Adrenalin (or shouts, banners if you go full bunker and hit like a wet noodle). It is not OP, it is weak against bursts and poison. To get Last Stand or Defy Pain you need to invest 20 or 30 points into defense which you can’t use if you are looking for a decent hammer or mace build with Cleansing Ire (pretty much a must have). On any other weapons set those points are better allocated Power, Arms, Discipline. The only builds that I could see using those skill are full banner/shout heal bunkers which don’t make excellent bunkers anyway.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Anet,

I am sort of OK with the warrior nerf, i do hope you dont nerf combustive shot more after this.
because it got 2 huge nerfs in short time.

But what i really like to see is a buff to longbow #1 autoattack speed.
its way to long!
pls reduce the aftercast and casttime

(edited by nicknamenick.2437)

Posted by: Turra.4529

Turra.4529

Anet,
Can you add knight’s amulet(power,precision,toughness) at sPvP?

Boris Yeltsin
Desolation

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

There were enough reasoned things said about the engineer tweaks.
I’m not entirely happy with the vigor related changes, but the new way how modified ammunition works seems to fix that since it gives more reason for playing kit-builds.

However, there is one thing that annoys me to this day with the engineer.
No Autohit for the grenade-kit on land.
It doesn’t really matter for PvE, since the path-finding of NPC’s is kinda predictable. But when you face situations where you must be aware of the opponents active boons, dodge their attacks and manage to survive, the grenade pack complicates the whole damage-dealing process up to a point where it’s basically useless for the engineer.
Examples for such situations are zerg-fights in wvw, or encounters with multiple players in sPVP. Engineers should be able to fire-and-forget at least skill 1 of this kit so engi-players can focus on more important input, like map-awareness in PVP and the actual movement of the WvW-zerg they’re running with.
It is awesome for water-fights as it is, but the fact that you must place every single shot manually (regardless which settings you use) on land, decreases their usability down to the point of being basically worthless.
I was hoping that the latest introduction of the new aoe-targeting would introduce automatic aoe-placement under the selected targets feet, but since that never happened, and anet tries to increase the variety of engineer-builds that use kits, the introduction of an skill 1 – autohit for grenade-kits seems absolutely necessary for me.

In addition to this I have actually concerns about the tweak, regarding getting rid of perma-vigor.
Basically “Invigorating Speed” still works the same, and can get triggered every 5 seconds, while lasting for at least 5.5s (10% boon-duration increase from the Alchemy tree)
Tough you have eliminated the option to trigger this with kit-swapping permanently, it’s still possible to constantly trigger vigor with “infused precision” from the firearms tree, which has kitten cooldown as well.
I’ve seen quite a lot rifle-engineers which didn’t used a kit at all, that had this boon constantly active in sPvP, and as far as I understand the engineer class it’s meant to have superior mobility and endurance on the battlefield.
So I don’t think that this tweak actually solves the issue anet has with perma-vigor, since the core of it – “Invigorating Speed” – still works the same.
So instead of giving kit builds a hard time to recover swiftness once this boon got nulled, stolen or otherwise deactivated, you should focus on nerfing “Invigorating Speed” directly.
My suggestion would be to set the cooldown of this trait up to 10s. This solves the issue in the same intended way, but doesn’t touches the kit-using engineers’ mobility while in combat.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

just to point out a Skill Bug.. the Pet Stats are still not showing changes from traits ( 350 condition " "30% crit dmg "

could you fix that please.

oh and could you show how much damage longbow and harpoon gets on Eagle eye trait please.. theres no % on the trait.

also PLEASE make it viable to choose between a Pet and a Preparation like Gw1 " Apply Poison" " fire arrows" etc

pets are too sloppy to be considered half of my dps..

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

or giving Rangers a " Kill shot" type of ability .. would be nice to combo it with a hunter shot for example .. rapid fire seem like it should be on a shortbow..

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

Ranger :
It would be awesome if Hide in Plain Sight is a stealth, it can go well with Remorseless on any weapons, not just LB.

Posted by: Freedan.1769

Freedan.1769

I was doing a great deal of thinking. One thing that’s been mentioned is the power of having constant vigor uptime. Perhaps denying this entirely is too strong an approach? Concentration has been given a set value where its capped at 90%. This is frustrating for those players who value the idea of strong boon duration since this is nowhere close to what the maximum feasible value a player can achieve is. So why not rethink how concentration plays out? Make it so say, vigor skills can’t be 100% uptime without heavy investment in boon duration, say 100%, remove the cap on it, and then people who want it can have it…at a hefty price of sacrificing DPS since you would need to invest heavily in things like platinum doubloons, +15 runes, etc. to get there. This way also people can invest how they wish in concentration and not feel like there is a wall there unlike power or precision or toughness that simply scales up forever.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Also do you and the other devs really not realize that a majority of thieves main source of survivability comes from traits that you are nerfing into the ground. A reduction of 40-50% of all of our sources of vigor is huge to weapon sets that don’t have access to stealth, both in pve and pvp. Any pistol/pistol thief who relies on near permanent vigor uptime from withdraw with vigor on heal is now going to be drastically less survivable. Any sword/pistol thief that relies on keeping pressure on targets through pistol whip and survivability from black powder, and used traits like Opportunist, Signet Use, and Quick Recovery is now going to have less initiative than before, because the nerfs to those traits outweigh the buffs to passive init regen. And if that wasn’t enough, now with a cast time on sword #2, thieves lost one of their main sources of not getting stun locked in pvp.

If you paid attention to any other class you would notice nearly every class is receiving nerfs to vigor, and no class will be able to maintain permanent vigor anymore. It’s overpowered across the entire game, dodge was never meant to reach the point where you could use it every 5-6 seconds for the entire length of a fight. And if any class has the least right to complain about the vigor nerfs, it’s thieves, you have more evasion on your weapons and utilities than any other class, and your already-too-spammable weapon evasions are about to receive a 1/3rd buff. You are the only ones apparently receiving anything at all to compensate for these vigor nerfs, be happy, stop whining.

I’m not even going to bother responding to the rest of your post. Mesmers and guardians both have access to permanent vigor as a 5 point minor trait. They have had this access since the beginning of the game and this isn’t getting touched, because if it did it would drastically reduce their survivability. Learn anything about other classes before you try calling someone else out on not knowing about other classes. Also, thief is fairly unique on how its main source of survivability comes from evasion, especially on weapon sets that dont have access to stealth, which happens to be 3 of the 7. Thief is the only class in the game that does not have access to aegis, protection, or blocks/invulns.

Thank-you for reviewing what anyone and everyone already knows, I am well aware of other class’s access to vigor. Yet as I said; IF you paid attention to anything but coddling your own playstyle, you would notice that the developers have already stated that the vigor is not meant to work as it currently does, nobody is meant to have permanent uptime, and traits for the guardian and ranger (and yet others) are going to be reworked to no longer allow permanent uptime. And they are not receiving any buffs to compensate, unlike you. So my previous recommendation stands, stop whining.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

More again on my disputes with the elementalist changes, and the importance of strong adept abilities.

Every elementalist that doesn’t take 30 in arcane for pvp is going to be a free kill. We’re already on the ropes as the squishiest profession with the lowest baseline hp – and we have the least reliable stun breaks being that they’re on cooldowns over a minute long, very little stability, and we require might just to get decent damage. Losing access to might, protection, swiftness, and regen is absolutely devastating to survivability and our ability to get decent damage needs to be compensated for, making 30 arcane builds more powerful, or reverted. Elementalists rely heavily on getting those buffs, and the only one in our weapon skills is swiftness. To even consider moving Elemental Attunement to a master tier you’d also better be putting all our buffs in our weapon skills and lowering cooldowns and cast times of any ability that gives these effects, and giving us some Stability and stun breaks so we can get to those effects. Of course, doing so would only make 30 arcane that much more powerful while still hurting the other elementalists’ group utility. It really needs to remain at Adept.

Now, again, look at Cleansing Wave. Elementalists don’t put 10 into water because this ability’s powerful. They put 10 into water because it’s absolutely vital to their survival and their group utility. If an elementalist isn’t cleansing their team every once in a while and dies every time they get poisoned then what are they good for? If you move it to master it’s going to be absolutely mandatory for non-water elementalists to take Cleansing Fire and the new fire trait to make up for it, and they’ll be worse off for it not being able to cleanse allies, suffering a longer cooldown, and losing a utility skill to another mandatory ability.

This is my petition to keeping these traits at 10. Bring other viable traits to splash down to 10 rather than moving them up. Rock Solid is a prime candidate as we are sorely lacking in stability.

I’d also like to petition you to lower the cooldowns on our stun break abilities. Make Lightning Flash a stun break, even. Cantrip builds aren’t strong right now because cantrips are strong – cantrip builds are strong right now because many elementalists are working their fingers to the bone and stacking more stun breaks than should be necessary just to stay alive- and it’s still falling short.

Freedan.1769

Also do you and the other devs really not realize that a majority of thieves main source of survivability comes from traits that you are nerfing into the ground. A reduction of 40-50% of all of our sources of vigor is huge to weapon sets that don’t have access to stealth, both in pve and pvp. Any pistol/pistol thief who relies on near permanent vigor uptime from withdraw with vigor on heal is now going to be drastically less survivable. Any sword/pistol thief that relies on keeping pressure on targets through pistol whip and survivability from black powder, and used traits like Opportunist, Signet Use, and Quick Recovery is now going to have less initiative than before, because the nerfs to those traits outweigh the buffs to passive init regen. And if that wasn’t enough, now with a cast time on sword #2, thieves lost one of their main sources of not getting stun locked in pvp.

If you paid attention to any other class you would notice nearly every class is receiving nerfs to vigor, and no class will be able to maintain permanent vigor anymore. It’s overpowered across the entire game, dodge was never meant to reach the point where you could use it every 5-6 seconds for the entire length of a fight. And if any class has the least right to complain about the vigor nerfs, it’s thieves, you have more evasion on your weapons and utilities than any other class, and your already-too-spammable weapon evasions are about to receive a 1/3rd buff. You are the only ones apparently receiving anything at all to compensate for these vigor nerfs, be happy, stop whining.

I’m not even going to bother responding to the rest of your post. Mesmers and guardians both have access to permanent vigor as a 5 point minor trait. They have had this access since the beginning of the game and this isn’t getting touched, because if it did it would drastically reduce their survivability. Learn anything about other classes before you try calling someone else out on not knowing about other classes. Also, thief is fairly unique on how its main source of survivability comes from evasion, especially on weapon sets that dont have access to stealth, which happens to be 3 of the 7. Thief is the only class in the game that does not have access to aegis, protection, or blocks/invulns.

Thank-you for reviewing what anyone and everyone already knows, I am well aware of other class’s access to vigor. Yet as I said; IF you paid attention to anything but coddling your own playstyle, you would notice that the developers have already stated that the vigor is not meant to work as it currently does, nobody is meant to have permanent uptime, and traits for the guardian and ranger (and yet others) are going to be reworked to no longer allow permanent uptime. And they are not receiving any buffs to compensate, unlike you. So my previous recommendation stands, stop whining.

Honestly, myself I don’t blame anyone for wanting to coddle their own playstyle. Its your baby so to speak after all. I feel like the focus here on thief playstyle is going to be painful, because although your getting buffed your survival will be hit. So it makes it more of a race to the kill. How vigor works is ultimately not up to us; I have said my own piece on boons in general, which I feel people should have access to by trading some of their power (through runes/stats) for greater concentration to get it. A thief with lowered attack is less of a threat even if he can dodge a lot which I would think would balance better. Regardless, someone apparently thought it was a hard enough hit to throw thieves a bone. Just remember, its easy to say don’t whine; its less easy when the ball lands in your own court.

Posted by: peitho.1857

peitho.1857

As a pve player I agree with so many of the previous comments about the upcoming changes. In GW1 many skill changes were made so that they applied to pvp only. Why can’t this be done with GW2? I have played wvw and I have seen how some classes are over powered and needed changes. However, playing against another player and running around the Cursed Shore is completely different. Not only that, I am a casual player, who would like to be able to run all the dungeons and even get a legendary some day, but I am finding it hard to do with all the recent changes as it is now. The big events are getting harder. No one even does Tequatl anymore. The temples are rarely open. The new content is fun but it draws everyone away from the other areas. There are no heroes in this game so you can’t run events on your own even if you wanted to. The balances need to happen for wvw/pvp but please Anet don’t forget about us pve players who play characters that don’t use melee weapons. I liked the mechanics of GW1 and want to stick with ranged weapons that will do damage at a distance.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Everyone complains that their class is getting nerfed hard while others get only buffed.

I would say the patch is successful.

Posted by: Girion.5483

Girion.5483

Ranger

From looking at the Wilderness Survival and Natur Magic master traits, I thought it would make sense if Oakheart Salve swapped places with Evasive Purity. Wouldn’t it make sense to put Evasive Purity in a tree that enhances dodging and Oakheart Salve in a tree that enhances regeneration?

Posted by: Snowshadow.3105

Snowshadow.3105

General concerns and thoughts
I want to throw into the discussion round my concerns about extreme changes to some basic features of any class. I really don’t like the idea that the playstyle of a ceratin calss becomes impossible. I rather want to encurage you guys to change some of the really weak features of traits that are barely any use at all or play around with the base damage, heal or what so ever in order to get the balancing how it is supposed to be.

Elementalist
In particular I’m refering to the ele. I think the typical D/D ele is fine as it is, just like the Z/D ele. In my opinion they are the definition of balanced. The staff ele really needs to be looked at as well as the fire, air and earth traits. I think you are already going to the right direction there. As far as I understand everything, you don’t want to chnage the current builds, you just want to create new good ones and that’s the way to go. In case you think a particular ability especialy at the water and arcane trait is OP, just try to lower the effect slightly and it should be fine, but imo they are totally OK at the moment – at least I don’t have any problems fighting other eles with an ingie, warrior, some mesmer builds, some ranger builds and a nearly every thief (also depending on the build).

Warrior
There it becomes realy difficult, because some builds are a bit OP where others are just fine. I can only hope, you guys find a way to not completely change the way warriors have to be played. I once again encourage you to think about lowering the base damage of the OP traits/weapons slightly rather than changing a lot.

Mesmer
My biggest wish for PVE and WvW would be to disable the opponent’s ability of just hitting tab until he finds the person with the most buffs and about the same life as before to get to him and smash him away. Imo this destroys the whole use of illusions and makes it really difficult or even impossible to fight good opponents.

Ranger
My only wish here is that you keep in mind that this is by design rather a range class than a melee monster. So please try to not force people to make one out of them.

Conclusion
Please keep the extreme changes as low as possible and rather play a bit with the base values of the abilities, because right now we have a game that does really a lot of fun, what you can see at the forum. In order to get the players to care enough to post that many messages, they really need to like the game. So please don’t change that much and stay a bit conservative.

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

So any comment on the thief trait Last Refuge? So many thieves hate this trait as it’s something you’re forced to have when going into Shadow Arts and it quite frequently ends up killing you, yet the issue is being completely ignored. It’s one of the worst and most controversial minor traits ingame, imo.

Member of TUP on Gandara

Posted by: Ale.8360

Ale.8360

I love the mesmer profession, but I’ve only one thing to say about it: I think it needs something about his speed movement. I think it’s the slowest professions, not only ‘cause it doesn’t own a sigil to improve its speed movement, but also ‘cause it can’t stack up swiftness as the other professions, neither use leap or whirl. Other professions can use perma swiftness or a pair of skill to speed up their ways, but mesmers can use only focus and a skill to teleport (with a cooldown really higher if we compare it with the sword leap or the greatsword whirl of wars for example). I know that in combat there’s a trait to increase speed movement, but it works only with illusions, and they cannot be summoned out of combat. The only other option is to hope that the sigil gives you swiftness, but it doesn’t happen so often… I think the best example we can examine is wvwvw: if you play a war, an engie or an ele (just for example) if you ‘lose’ your blob, you can maintain the gap costant, but if you are a mesmer, the gap increases strongly with time. I can suggest a sigil that increases the speed movement of 20% AND gives a random boon for example… In any case my objective is only to say that and, if possible, to recieve a little answer about the mesmer speed movement. Thanks a lot for your attention and your efforts to make gw2 better and better =)

Posted by: Wraith.4103

Wraith.4103

Seen some people talking about thief, thats now its underpower and he was supposed to be a assassin and the best on 1vs1 cause he lacks in every other aspect and asked wth what arenanet net was doing, like if arenanet dont know his own creation.

What I think is, the difference on this game is that I can fill lot of roles with one profession. They should give thief more diversity so they can fill more roles but never make them the best 1vs1 class or anything, cause we want no better, I think the comunnity want a balanced class.
Since I started play this game theres was no such “if you wanna do this, get a thief!” or “if u wanna do that get a warrior!”, cause I could do everysingle part with anything I choose, and I really hope it remains like this. That free will arenanet gave was and still unique to their game, our game.

Thieves being the best burst class is no excuse to let them take down anyone in 1 or 2 hits like before (waaaay before, not talking about that patch) without anyway to counter it, cause people want a fair battle, want every class well played to take down any thief and every thief well played to take down any class.

Adrian Faust – Human Mesmer
—-—Art Of Invasion [ART]——-
Gate of Madness

(edited by Wraith.4103)

Posted by: whitespirit.9734

whitespirit.9734

With the new reduction to vigor in the Ranger trait lines I would like to see a bonus to other ways of being defensive. A way I propose to do that would be to change the proc on the “defensive” Greatsword to protection ,since we lost some of the protection from the Trait Companion’s Defense. Another option would be to have the proc give the much needed stability which is needed to be effective in melee.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Honestly, myself I don’t blame anyone for wanting to coddle their own playstyle. Its your baby so to speak after all. I feel like the focus here on thief playstyle is going to be painful, because although your getting buffed your survival will be hit. So it makes it more of a race to the kill. How vigor works is ultimately not up to us; I have said my own piece on boons in general, which I feel people should have access to by trading some of their power (through runes/stats) for greater concentration to get it. A thief with lowered attack is less of a threat even if he can dodge a lot which I would think would balance better. Regardless, someone apparently thought it was a hard enough hit to throw thieves a bone. Just remember, its easy to say don’t whine; its less easy when the ball lands in your own court.

Fair point, but the ball already landed in my court once, and apparently will again come December 10th. My favorite necro build was the perma-retaliation Shroud build, killed in the dhuumfire patch. It wasn’t even a great build but it was a ton of fun. One of my favorite elementalist builds is a Flame and Frost (and yes I used that name before the LS, I deserve royalties…) build using Soothing Wave, it isn’t a great build either, but it’s fun, and yet it is apparently about to be murdered for little more reason than not enough people use it under our completely busted build system. Gee, I wonder why they don’t use it? :-/

I’m speaking up against it and will continue to do so up until and possibly past the release, just as I did before. But there is a great difference between speaking up about something being removed because it hasn’t even been given a chance at life under a functional build system, and whining about something which is so broken nearly every single build in a system must use it.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Jon will you ever address the major problems with condition damage? You keep making changes to condition damage specs but the underlying problems are still present.

Is there any progress being made on condition caps?

Is there any progress being made on the gear scaling discrepancy between condition gear and bezerker gear? (5% vs 17% damage gains on ascended alone)

Is there any progress being made on the DPS discrepancy between condition damage and direct damage (Specifically in PvE where condition damage is vastly inferior)?

Is there any progress being made on the discrimination against condition specs in PvE? (downed PvE enemies dropping conditions, many many bosses cleansing conditions repeatedly, enemies being completely immune to conditions, structures being immune to conditions, etc)

These are are major problems with condition damage that seem to be completely ignored in these balance patches even though they have much much more effect on balance than the changes you are making.

^ Quoting for truth and importance. In fact, I think it’s kind of frustrating that these core issues are not being mentioned, nor even acknowledged. We see these balance patches come and go, where various small numbers are tweaked, and some traits are moved around here and there… but what about the core issues that seriously hold back our class?! CORE day 1 problems with our class?

Please, if the devs could at least state something along the lines of “We are working on those issues, but can’t comment on it yet”. Then at least we know that there is an intention to actually fix the necromancer.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Lheimroo.2947

Lheimroo.2947

So with the temptingness of modified ammunition and/or infused precision in the master slot for flamethrower build, FT is probably going to be one specs in the game with the highest amount of ‘must’ talents.. spread about three trees.

Can we think about merging deadly mixture with fireforged trigger or something just to open up some optionals?

Posted by: benschpillow.6402

benschpillow.6402

Hello Anet, Hello jon.

for this i have to gather all my english-lesson-leftovers from ..well..middleschool i guess. at least the german equivalent. so excuse me if something doesn’t make sense due to wrong translating.

if i got this right the discussion is kinda closed. thats sad, i really would have shared some of my thought to some things i experienced with my ranger.
some of the things that crossed my mind have actually been mentioned.
ranger is a beautifully crafted class that has to deal with a bunch of internal problems.

BTW im pretty glad there are developers left that don’t only trash their products on the market and thats it. your PVE content is strong. don’t forget it for pvps sake(i actually don’t like it that much.. wvw is interesting but i only spent time there to collect vistas and stuff for the map completion.and anything else is nearly playable cause of the massiv skill lags thats propabely the fault of my computer).
and positively surprised about your idea letting the community participate in the balancing process. well. at least i hope you don’t overwhelm yourselfs because everyone wants its major class to be stronger and there are to many opinions about that.

and i know what a “one-step-forward-two-steps-back”kitten balancing can be because im studying GameDesign myself. haha.

well. i never would change my ranger to a warrior just to make more damage. im okay to play a “more complex to handle” class if it means fun to me. the great sword on ranger is awesome. i play it for the style. eventhough i feel like its week and slow.. the dodge on auto3 is so great to compensate that. the whoosh is something i really never would like to miss.and well. i run something cheesy at first. than condition-wasnt much fun- now power and crit/pres. . much more fun but lacking of power. i mean im totally cool with the fact that i have to share my DPS with my pet. but sometimes i feel like i have to share my survivability too. thats not that great cause 2 squishy ones don’t make up for one merely tough one.
what concernes me is the meta. im forced to adapt my play style heavily so i won’t get dumped in dungeons. im even okay with ranger beeing a sort of an underdog. if u know how to play ranger its strong. i you know how to burst u can do so pretty hard. but i have to play ALL of my card and u have to play them kitten right. and..well..thats just possible every 1.5 minutes or so? not really comparable to warrior 100blades.
auto attack sword mainhand is a littly tricky. i avoid sword because of this.
the thing about the meta is that the more i read about classes in forums and stuff i feel like that its true that there is some kind af a tier. and that shouldn’t be.
prop. you should balance in the basic stats first? because player adapted to their traits and skills. just bring the classes on a balanced levels so that ppl don’t start the game, choose what they like and then get trolled out of dungeon-groups ( soooo many “no ranger” group descriptions i have seen recently). so good playing still pays off.
don’t remove the dodging. its a core mechanic. its awesome. its immersive. and taking it away is not only a pain it even makes it harder. every class should be able to solo a champ if played right and you only can play right when you feel comfortable in your choices.

well im glad for that much feedback. theres a lot more id like to talk about and all in all im not sure if my english will only leave you in confusion.
i wish you guys a lot of fun while working on this.
greetings from Berlin,Germany

edit: holy s..this got longer than expected ..
edit 2.:.. so.. THATs what all these “kitten” things mean.. and i wondered for days haha

(edited by benschpillow.6402)

Posted by: snoow.1694

snoow.1694

HUGE PROBLEMATIC WITH GUARDIANS:

So what Anet tries to do with Guards is to make them running Off-Guard builds as far as I got it from the Pre-Patchnotes.
I play Guardian since the Beta Weekends, I am a PvP Player who is ranked on the Leaderboards and i have some Problems where Guard is going right now.
I play alot on 1v1 Servers with my Off-Guard and Guardians simply dont need more DMG as they have right now, since Off-Guards do TONS of DMG.
The biggest Issue with Off-Guard at the moment is that they allready do theoretically enough DMG, but practically are TOO easy to kite and cant land a hit. So buffing their DMG every Patch wont be the Solution.

SO WHAT IM ASKING FOR:
I want a Master/Grandmaster Trait for Guardian which is similarly to the Adept Trait “Leg Specialist” of the War, which gives 1s Immobelize on Cripple.

The Trait on Guard could possibly be: Whenever u apply Blindness/Volnerablility to a Target it’ll get immobelized/dazed for 1s.

With the Volnerablity Version it would be even a weaker Trait because Guardians havejust one source on Volnerability. ^^

Thank U if u read this Anet, i hope i could give u some constructive Critic

Enis Beqiri
1v1 and Queue

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

The Trait on Guard could possibly be: Whenever u apply Blindness/Volnerablility to a Target it’ll get immobelized/dazed for 1s.

With the Volnerablity Version it would be even a weaker Trait because Guardians havejust one source on Volnerability. ^^

It wouldn’t work due to other traits. You can trait VoJ to blind on activation, to apply vuln on blind. So your idea would have to have a cooldown, or it would be able to apply aoe imob/daze. Add to that you can trait to renew VoJ after every kill and you have a cc spam issue.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

Posted by: Dragons Breath.3761

Dragons Breath.3761

I am playing mostly an elementalist and I think that elementalists should have a huge power, many buffs and spells and a low HP. I can see that elementalists have very low HP which I don’t mind but I think that the power is not that great as it should be. After all if elementalists have the lowest HP from all the classes than they should have to greatest power in exchange. Here may have a bit bigger power than other classes but not as essential as how low their HP is. Thats my opinion.

But I have 2 proposal.
1. Most spells from the Staff Ellementalist are slow and you need to put the Area of Effect in a good place, but other players can dodge it. Thats fine, but I have the proposal that if
A: Elementalists have low HP and low defense so low survivability
B: Elementalists need to evade much
C: Staff Elementalists spells are veeeeryyy slooow to cast
Those 3 disadvantages should be compensated to have at least more power on them. . Because if you put some Ice Spike or Eruption they are slow to cast and the effect comes later on and the other player can dodge it easily which is okay. But if those spells are so slow than if it hits somehow the other players than let it hit him good. After all they have like 3 seconds to evade that and they can see the red circle and thats why those spells are not as great because they need many time to cast. Or if you don’t want to hit that much than at least pot that cast to be faster…

2. This point is the MOST IMPORTANT THING what I want to address the Developers. It is about the MIST FORM and the VAPOR FORM skill. It is a good skill and all but there is a HUGE MISTAKE on it. If an Elementalist is crippled or imobilized, or anything similar, if they transform into a Mist form than they should have free themselves ALL OF CONDITIONS THEY HAD! All of it! That would be logical! If they were immobilized and turned into a Mist Form than it should be able to break that immobilized condition too and all of the conditions because if you enter in the Mist Form you should be able to free yourself from physical conditions because lets face it the main thing: WHILE IN MIST FORM PHYSICAL CONDITIONS HAVE NO BUSINESS IN THE SPIRIT WORLD!! I guess that’s why you named that skill a Mist form but need to be than a true Mist form so can be freed from all of the conditions.
And turning into a smoke of some kind how can you still keep that smoke immobilized? It’s illogical and thats what happens now.

Now I would propose to have that Mist form to be reduced from 75 seconds to lets say 50 seconds or if not than to be in Mist Form in like 5 seconds instead of 3 because it is a good skill but you can do it very rarely because of the high cooldown and very few skills are really good for elementalists.

But the main thing which is a MUST CHANGE in Mist Form and Vapor Form skill is that if you enter the Mist Form there is no question and no debate that all of your previous physical conditions you had, must be cured because in spirit world those conditions have no effect.

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

There’s not enough changes to ranger, I don’t want to play this anymore. I see warriors doing more damage with a longbow than any kind of ranger, I see thieves able to go zerker and blast finish a ranger in seconds, the pets, okay I like the fact they got more health, but seriously, not much useful by the fact that the character does not do any damage at all. I’m tired of people telling me to reroll, I’m tired of people not wanting me in zergs, I’m tired of being tanky and still taking a lot of damage, I’m just sick of everything anet has done to rangers since December. Each day I’m online I keep thinking to myself if I wan to go to a damage based ranger, or to a tanky based ranger. So I decided on going hybrid between both, and I died vigorously in wvw. I went damage, and died vigorously again. I went tanky, and died vigourously yet again. I go into spvp, and every duel I’ve had I pretty much lost. I go to spvp and everyone on the enemy team, no matter how much damage they’re taking, ALWAYS goes for the rangers first.

The description of " Their[ranger’s] loyal pets, which rangers tame and train, distract enemies while the rangers strike safely from a distance," is a real lie because when it comes to players, THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHO TO GO FOR, and I doubt the anets know that. Also, this description of “They[rangers] rely on a keen eye, a steady hand, and the power of nature to slay their targets,” is yet another lie! No matter how hard you try to use condition damage to slay foes or multiple foes, this statement never works out the way it’s supposed to. The signature weapon, which was supposed to be the bow, not only has a weak animation, but does so little damage compared to a warrior and a greatsword, a guardian with a mace, a thief with daggers, an elementalist with a sceptre, a necromancer with a staff, and an engineer with an kitten nal of weapons(CHEERS TO THE WEAPON MOST DISREGARDED BY THE COMMON RANGER).

Honestly, the ranger is really weak, I was expecting to have fun with mine, but the developers of this game have utterly ruined my experience, and have seriously make me lose hope for the class.

(edited by Nusku.3941)

Posted by: Powerbruce.6710

Powerbruce.6710

HUGE PROBLEMATIC WITH GUARDIANS:

So what Anet tries to do with Guards is to make them running Off-Guard builds as far as I got it from the Pre-Patchnotes.
I play Guardian since the Beta Weekends, I am a PvP Player who is ranked on the Leaderboards and i have some Problems where Guard is going right now.
I play alot on 1v1 Servers with my Off-Guard and Guardians simply dont need more DMG as they have right now, since Off-Guards do TONS of DMG.
The biggest Issue with Off-Guard at the moment is that they allready do theoretically enough DMG, but practically are TOO easy to kite and cant land a hit. So buffing their DMG every Patch wont be the Solution.

SO WHAT IM ASKING FOR:
I want a Master/Grandmaster Trait for Guardian which is similarly to the Adept Trait “Leg Specialist” of the War, which gives 1s Immobelize on Cripple.

sorry, but in my opinion you are looking the problem only by one side, the improvements are based on PVE where guardians compared to other class lacks of possibility, and yet consider that a guardian cannot make really poweful CD and so is limited in build creation. with my guardian in PVE i have near 2k power, but using mace or staff i take too much time killing an enemy, and no traits can help me doing such a work. they’re tryng to gives player the possibility to create guardians with different build that don’t need to use always tha 4 lines of traits and the last one. Guard balance the lack of damage with healing and condition removal, in PVP is very good, but in PVE it’s a problem. with respect a warrior that can do a lot of damage and also remove condition and absorbs damage, a guardian need some training…speaking of PVE.

Posted by: lordrubius.5078

lordrubius.5078

Please move Virtues VIII – Supreme Justice (for Guardian) in Adept tier and i will love you forever! I swear! >_<

Posted by: Shtra Quo.1932

Shtra Quo.1932

Didn’t read the the 34 pages and I’m pretty sure it already has been written somewhere: Why add an cast time on Shadow Return? Thiefs have no access to stability, the only way to get out of chained cc means blowing an utility and that is just for one cc.

This looks like a typical anet thing. Can thiefs still escape warriors? Yes? Oh, ok lets change that.

So what do we have then? Lots of initiative but no time to spend it because we are cc’d all the time. gg!

Freck – You’ve been desolated!

Posted by: Drcfan.3692

Drcfan.3692

Thief:

Main Hand: Dagger
Off-Hand: —-—-

Main Hand: Pistol

Main Hand: Sword

“There is not a single player who plays this because it’s weak !”

Possible Solution:

Buff Damage output on Skill 3 by factor 5
And edit the skill-animation, that the character will use both hands.

Thanks

Drcfan

(edited by Drcfan.3692)

Posted by: Folia.3908

Folia.3908

I don’t want to throw figures at you, but I hope that my opinion is still understandable.

I think the change on Earth Magic XI is senseless. With the last balance change you’ve brought that Trait into the game. If you play the elementalist with condition damage, this Trait was a very useful option. It transformed 10% of toughness into condition damage. This way, it increased condition damage to a nice value.

I don’t understand why you now want to change this Trait. The idea of the new Trait is per se really good, because it expands the defensive abilties of the elementalist. It sounds very interesting. However, I would miss the possibility to gain some condition damage out of the defensive attribute toughness.

Please rethink the change again. Otherwise, the elementalist loses a lot of potential, regarding condition damage. I fear that condition damage will turn out to become useless.

Posted by: snoow.1694

snoow.1694

It wouldn’t work due to other traits. You can trait VoJ to blind on activation, to apply vuln on blind. So your idea would have to have a cooldown, or it would be able to apply aoe imob/daze. Add to that you can trait to renew VoJ after every kill and you have a cc spam issue.

Well I think 1s Immobelize on AoE is not that long. Even in PvE u wont kill that much Mobs that you could spam it. Anyways it is just an idea from a PvP guy which would be interesting and make Off-Guards much more enjoyable ^^

Enis Beqiri
1v1 and Queue

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

The change to arcana is lovely, and it’ll open up a lot of new possibilities, but I worry about some issues that might cripple those possibilities. Here’s a few comments:

3.1. Elementalists rely too much on Elemental Attunement or Renewing Stamina to survive. Although it might be worth trying the scepter’s higher endurance trait now that it is at adept, I think the earth traitline should have a… worthy substitute for elemental attunement’s protection. Maybe it could have a stun breaker trait? Rock Solid could get it, but I fear it could make it too strong. Maybe as a grandmaster trait, and moving Written in Stone down a tier.

The changes we’ve done to Ele are actually going to drastically increase the amount of build diversity. The arcane recharge change really does add the flow the Elementalist needed when not spending points in Arcane. This will now allow players to stray away from spending points in the Arcane line. Ele’s will now experience faster attunement swapping as well because they will be down to 1.5s globals when they have zero points spent in Arcane and 1.2s globals with 30 points.

This makes:
13 second recharge on 0 points Arcane
12 second recharge with 10 points Arcane
11 second recharge with 20 points Arcane
10 second recharge with 30 points Arcane

Dagger ele’s will now have new specs through Tempest Defense, Elemental Shielding, and Shared Auras much more appealing, as well as being able to go up the Fire and Earth trees.

Scepter ele’s will be able to play some forms of condition builds, burst builds with more sustain, and even bunker builds.

Staff ele’s will now be able to get blasting staff from tier one and now be capable of going for a trait such as Diamond Skin, or even Fresh air or high up in the Fire line.

Here are some examples of specs I’ve been messing around with:
0/30/10/30/0 (Tempest Defense, Elemental Shielding, Shared Auras with Cantrips and Dagger/Dagger)
0/0/30/10/30 (Diamond Skin bunker build)
0/30/30/0/10 (Tempest Defense, Diamond Skin, Double Arcane with recharge burst spec)
20/20/0/10/20 (Dps staff build based around sustain from Burning Fire)
0/10/0/30/30 (Generic D/D Arcane build)
0/20/0/20/30 (Generic S/D Burst build)
0/30/0/20/20 (Fresh air build)
Many more..

We thank everyone for their feedback. We are keeping a VERY CLOSE eye on this thread and we will constantly be chatting internally until this release drops for potential things to change.

One of the problems with ele is that they are a very squishy class, like thief, relying on active defenses instead of sponging damage. to that end, vigor is pretty much required to survive as an ele. You’ve moved most of the sources eles can get vigor to master tier traits.

Renewing vigor for instance, is the exact same effect that mesmers and guardians get, but they get it as a 5 point minor trait, while ele had it bad as it was forcing them to use a major trait to get it, now it’s a 20 point major trait. Soothing disruption, another source of vigor, 20 point major trait.

You say you’re trying to take away the need to spec deep in arcana and water for eles but you’re actually reinforcing the need to spec deep in those lines if eles want to have the necessary endurance to dodge. Yeah, you can get some more endurance regen if you get pigeonholed into running scepter, but as it is, scepter already has a source of vigor with phoenix. What about the other weapon sets? Dagger and Staff don’t have vigor and need traits to supply it, and now they’re deeper in water and arcane to get.

Your only other source of vigor outside of those traitlines is in air, to get 100% faster regen (same effect as vigor) while channeling. Staff has 1 single channeling skill, meteor shower, and then you can use ether renewal. Each of those skills is only 3s of endurance regen, it takes 5s at vigor’s regen rate to regen enough endurance for one dodge.

Please give that some consideration.

edit: seems as I read through the entire thread rather than just the edited OP, renewing stamina is staying adept, and potentially cleansing wave as well. Those were my major concerns with the ele changes.

I think if those 2 traits stay adept it’ll promote build diversity while still addressing core needs of the class.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

(edited by Devildoc.6721)

Posted by: Master Yi.6129

Master Yi.6129

When will you look at the traits that involve weapons? I know that this update isn’t going to look at those, but these traits, I feel, need to be looked at:

Axe traits: horribly outclassed by other weapon based traits
-warrior: meh overall, but there are better traits.
-ranger: extremely weak. No ranger out of his or her right mind should take “Honed Axes”, considering how weak MH axe is
-necro: best axe user; only has 1 trait, and it works well
Dagger traits: okay for all, except for rangers, who almost never use daggers (at least that is what I observe). Also, no trait that directly affects dagger for rangers is a sign of a bad weapon
Focus traits: Guardians are getting screwed here; they only get cooldown reduction, while the others get something extra. Elementalists don’t have 1 single focus-related trait; they have four! one for each element that is…
Greatsword traits: Most of them outclass other traits by a mile. The biggest offender is “Forceful Greatsword”; it is grandmaster level, but can be acquired at master level, which makes no sense. Ever hit a bunch of foes with 100B? You can get max might stacks from using just 1 skill. Easily the most broken trait (for warriors) in the game IMO.
Hammer traits:
-warrior: patch is looking at that already; however, “disabled” needs to be clarified
-guardian: I was going to say Glacial Heart sucks, but it doesn’t.
Harpoon gun traits: fine as they are, even though they are lackluster
Longbow traits: warrior getting nerfed here (Thanks?), Ranger still weak
Mace traits: they’re actually fine. The real problems are:
1. mace MH for warrior is getting nerfed, for no real good reason
2. maces, in general, are WAY TOO SLOOOOOOOOOOOOW.
Pistol traits: they’re okay too, except for engineers; there are four pistol traits in just ONE trait line. Can’t coated pistols go somewhere else?
Rifle traits: Engineers are suffering the same problem with their pistols: all rifle-related traits are stuffed in only 1 trait line. Why? Do rifles really need to be restricted to the firearms trait because they’re “firearms”?
Scepter traits:
-Elementalist: You think “Vigorous Scepter” would grant vigor on crits, but NOPE. Why doesn’t it do that?
-Necro: Is it me, or Lingering curses only affect Scepter 1’s chain? Couldn’t it be “Increase condition duration by X% while using a scepter” instead? This trait needs to be looked at; Lingering curses doesn’t effect the conditions caused by Scepter 2 at all!
Shield traits: Why do they have the same description for Engineers, Guardians, and Warriors, yet Engineers and Guardians have it on Master tier? You know this is adept tier, right?
Short bow traits: Can they have additional effects; that is, can’t they do additional damage and have cool down reduction at the same time?
Spear traits: They are fine, overall, except on Warriors. They get the same benefits as greatswords in their traits. There’s another reason why warriors with Greatswords kick so much kitten . Too much kitten kicking, that is.
Staff traits: necros have too many staff traits; everybody else has too little!
Sword traits: Where are the sword traits for the thief? Did the warrior steal them?
Torch traits: there could be more, you know…
Trident traits: Necro’s and Ele’s don’t have any. Shouldn’t trident traits be linked with staff traits, like the Mesmer?
Warhorn traits: Warrior is fine, but Ranger and Necro are not. Increased range for ranger warhorn isn’t worth it. Banshee’s wail isn’t increasing the duration completely (See Wikipedia)

TL;DR: Some traits are too powerful, while other traits are too weak. Some classes are screwed with too many traits to equip, or too few to have. Please start combining more traits that can be combined

Posted by: Nightshade.5924

Nightshade.5924

Ok, guys. Two words… Game Balance.
I’d first like to say that you guys have one of the best MMO’s I’ve ever played. Lightsabers, Heros, D&D, Starships w/ multi variations on humanoids, I’ve played them all. You guys reward exploration, have rapid pt to pt teleportation, durable nodes so all players can get basic resources w/o other players node ninjaing, the list goes on and on. GW2 ROCKS!
SO… why do you continue to INSIST AND PERSIST in making WvW travel unequal?
Example 1: Couple of days ago I’m running around and I see a warrior in the Temple of Lost Prayers. I’m playing an engineer. I do a cargo drop on his head, run in and drop my other turrets, and proceed w/ the beatdown. I get him down to about 10%, and then… WHOOSH! He pops that Great sword moving attack (#3 I think), gets outside of the temple, and then just RUNS AWAY. I was on the North side of the Temple. By the time I got to the south side, my potential victim is already halfway to the stairs where that sentry is to the south and is opening the gap. He’s out of range of my pistols already, and halfway healed up. UNCOOL.
Example 2: Just today I was running around again in WvW w/ that same eng. Ran into a couple of fellow travelers, joined up w/ them. These poor lads had to CONTINUALLY wait up for me as we ran around the map hitting camps and sentries. They were running a warrior and a necro. BOGUS.
Now, I see that there’s some proposed kit mod in your proposed new build. So, what, I first have to take the trait and then continually cycle a kit to have speed? Is that how it’s supposed to work? What if I’m built for turrets and want nothing to do with kits at all? And is that a Tier 2 trait? I’m a bit confused, obviously.
Cause that’s just plain UNBALANCED. I have to burn a trait AND then have a kit equipped, and have to CONTINUOUSLY CYCLE that kit just to keep up with everyone else?
Everyone like Warriors? Take a first tier trait and equip a melee weapon. BOOM. DONE. 25% speed boost. A warrior w/o a melee weapon is a sorry thing.
Everyone like Necros? Take a sigil. BOOM. DONE. Warp speed.
Everyone like elementalists and rangers? Take a sigil as well. BOOM. DONE. Time to run away!
This needs to END NOW. All those other games I’ve Played? One thing in common… World travel is equal to all players of all classes. With the caveat that an individual can upgrade his mount. But even there, things are EQUAL. Joe Schmoe the fighter does NOT pay more than Joe Blow the engineer for a higher level mount. Schmoe’s mount does NOT go any faster than Blow’s for a given mount level.
SO… engineers AND guardians need to be fixed. You, the devs, need to quit crippling and handicapping these two classes by giving them a sigil or low level trait that enables them to have PERMANENT 25% world speed just like the ALL THE OTHER classes in the game. Cause I’m pretty sure that thieves and mesmers also have easy 25% speed. Just don’t know for sure, don’t have those classes yet.
If you don’t do this, then you are CONTINUING TO STEAL massive amounts of XP from Eng’s and guardians in WvW. Like you have been for months. Because other players that have permanent, persistent speed boosts can break contact and get away from Eng’s and guardians, OR can pick off eng’s and guardians that fall behind the zerg, OR when the zerg takes camps, kills sentries, or wipes out Keep Lords you don’t get credit BECAUSE YOU ARE TOO SLOW.
Game Balance, fellas. All classes should have equal opportunities in all these categories. By limiting the world speed of guardians and eng’s this Just Ain’t So!
Maybe you guys should do a review of the WvW logs and see how many guardians and Eng’s are actually being played. I’m willing to bet its a fraction of classes like warriors, thieves, and rangers.
PLEASE end my travel frustration NOW. PLEASE. And that of guardians as well. Oh, and while you’re at it, GET RID of that 33% speed thing as well. Everyone should have the SAME speed boost. That’s Balanced. That’s how it should be.

Posted by: Powerbruce.6710

Powerbruce.6710

Ok, guys. Two words… Game Balance.
I’d first like to say that you guys have one of the best MMO’s I’ve ever played. Lightsabers, Heros, D&D, Starships w/ multi variations on humanoids, I’ve played them all. You guys reward exploration, have rapid pt to pt teleportation, durable nodes so all players can get basic resources w/o other players node ninjaing, the list goes on and on. GW2 ROCKS!
Example 1: Couple of days ago I’m running around and I see a warrior in the Temple of Lost Prayers. I’m playing an engineer. I do a cargo drop on his head, run in and drop my other turrets, and proceed w/ the beatdown. I get him down to about 10%, and then… WHOOSH! He pops that Great sword moving attack (#3 I think), gets outside of the temple, and then just RUNS AWAY. I was on the North side of the Temple. By the time I got to the south side, my potential victim is already halfway to the stairs where that sentry is to the south and is opening the gap. He’s out of range of my pistols already, and halfway healed up. UNCOOL.
Example 2: Just today I was running around again in WvW w/ that same eng. Ran into a couple of fellow travelers, joined up w/ them. These poor lads had to CONTINUALLY wait up for me as we ran around the map hitting camps and sentries. They were running a warrior and a necro. BOGUS.
Now, I see that there’s some proposed kit mod in your proposed new build. So, what, I first have to take the trait and then continually cycle a kit to have speed? Is that how it’s supposed to work? What if I’m built for turrets and want nothing to do with kits at all? And is that a Tier 2 trait? I’m a bit confused, obviously.
Cause that’s just plain UNBALANCED. I have to burn a trait AND then have a kit equipped, and have to CONTINUOUSLY CYCLE that kit just to keep up with everyone else?
Everyone like Warriors? Take a first tier trait and equip a melee weapon. BOOM. DONE. 25% speed boost. A warrior w/o a melee weapon is a sorry thing.
Everyone like Necros? Take a sigil. BOOM. DONE. Warp speed.
Everyone like elementalists and rangers? Take a sigil as well. BOOM. DONE. Time to run away!
This needs to END NOW. All those other games I’ve Played? One thing in common… World travel is equal to all players of all classes. With the caveat that an individual can upgrade his mount. But even there, things are EQUAL. Joe Schmoe the fighter does NOT pay more than Joe Blow the engineer for a higher level mount. Schmoe’s mount does NOT go any faster than Blow’s for a given mount level.
SO… engineers AND guardians need to be fixed. You, the devs, need to quit crippling and handicapping these two classes by giving them a sigil or low level trait that enables them to have PERMANENT 25% world speed just like the ALL THE OTHER classes in the game. Cause I’m pretty sure that thieves and mesmers also have easy 25% speed. Just don’t know for sure, don’t have those classes yet.
If you don’t do this, then you are CONTINUING TO STEAL massive amounts of XP from Eng’s and guardians in WvW. Like you have been for months. Because other players that have permanent, persistent speed boosts can break contact and get away from Eng’s and guardians, OR can pick off eng’s and guardians that fall behind the zerg, OR when the zerg takes camps, kills sentries, or wipes out Keep Lords you don’t get credit BECAUSE YOU ARE TOO SLOW.
Game Balance, fellas. All classes should have equal opportunities in all these categories. By limiting the world speed of guardians and eng’s this Just Ain’t So!
Maybe you guys should do a review of the WvW logs and see how many guardians and Eng’s are actually being played. I’m willing to bet its a fraction of classes like warriors, thieves, and rangers.
PLEASE end my travel frustration NOW. PLEASE. And that of guardians as well. Oh, and while you’re at it, GET RID of that 33% speed thing as well. Everyone should have the SAME speed boost. That’s Balanced. That’s how it should be.

one thing: nope mesmer can’t have swiftness 25%, and not, he can’t have perma swiftness… about warrior you are right GS have great damage great movement and can also evade during the whirl, and long range attack….. but everyone know that warrior is OP

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

“Wilderness 5 Natural Vigor. Reduced the increased endurance regeneration from 50% to 25%.”

I’m a melee / trapper Ranger, this is (was) my only way to get endurance faster. I can’t equip a skill that gives me vigor because I need my traps and my build does not have access to other vigor traits (I need other traits more). I don’t see a problem with 50% regen… My crit DD mesmer gets 5sec vigor on crit, with 75% crit chance that means almost perma 100% regen… Guardian has the same trait. Give us a trait like that OR let the Ranger keep that crappy 50%, please! It’s supposed to be a mobile profession.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I have a Question for the Class Balance Devs:

Could you please describe what you see as the deliberate, intrinsic “Weak Spot” each class has that will by design never be covered or closed?

My impression is that Guardians and Necromancers are supposed to have permanent deficiencies in their mobility. I’m less clear how the other classes are supposed to always play ‘paper’ to a particular brand of ‘scissors’.

Thank you

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Arantheal.7396

[…]

1. as shown on the threads first page, the “Power Shoes” trait will now constantly give you a 25% speedbuff, even ooc
2. All classes actually have a well balanced mobility-system, but this requires certain chosen utilities or traits, but not everyone uses all possible buffs for their character. And these are the people that complain afterwards since they would like to have a completely overpowered character if they could.
The hard truth is: you will never be all-around satisfied with your character, so max out the traits for the role you’re most happy with and deal with the incapabilities that come along with it.
3. The engineer does not suffer from immobility – or slow movement in general – at all. I play an engineer myself in WvW and constantly have swiftness on me, because I like to use potion B and H, have increased boon-duration from the alchemy trait, and use rocket-boots as further mobility bonus. Tough I like to use the flamethrower, I don’t even have points spend for “Speedy Kits”, and still almost never face a situation where I can’t catch or outrun other players.
The issues you have with the engineer result from your build.
I don’t intend to say that your build is crap or anything like that, but if you ignore your already present capabilities to become fast, demanding a mobility-buff for engineers is totally inappropriate. Your build has – like any other build as well – certain incapabilities. Deal with them or change your build.

Posted by: Nightshade.5924

Nightshade.5924

3. The engineer does not suffer from immobility – or slow movement in general – at all. I play an engineer myself in WvW and constantly have swiftness on me, because I like to use potion B and H, have increased boon-duration from the alchemy trait, and use rocket-boots as further mobility bonus. Tough I like to use the flamethrower, I don’t even have points spend for “Speedy Kits”, and still almost never face a situation where I can’t catch or outrun other players.

Thanks for making my point. Maybe you MISSED the part where a necro, ranger, OR elementalist takes ONE sigil and BOOM they then have PERMANENT 25% speed. They have no need to hit keys or switch stuff or give themselves a weak build.

I count THREE things here that YOU use to make up for the fact that eng’s are DENIED that capability. Put another way, I as an eng am being FORCED to spec MULTIPLE items in order to just keep up w/ everyone else. However, I will look into the power shoes thing. Thanks for the tip.

Posted by: Cornithos.6938

Cornithos.6938

Two serious potential problems with the proposed Ele changes. 1. I love to use arcane, I love all the things in it. I like it more than I like the elements. So please do not screw it up. 2. If you are going to mess with all my traits then you also need to provide a way for me to re-trait my ele for free. Do not force me to spend hard earned gold to fix the mess you create by changing the rules to the game.

One last thought: If you are making these changes because of some PvP or WvW problem then don’t. Both PvP and WvW are a useless part of the game that should just be removed or sequestered off somewhere else. These two things distract from the real game almost as much as the constant flow of new content that is also ruining the game. If you absolutely must keep PvP/WvW then at least make the changes specific to those arenas and not effect PvE where the real game resides.

(edited by Cornithos.6938)

Arantheal.7396

What I intended to have said is not what you just assumed.
Every class is forced to pay something for better mobility. While other classes must offer a utility spot for signets, engineers are not forced – nor able -to do so. Yes, we do have to go rather complex ways to gain our mobility, but what we’re actually achieve with doing so are not 25% more movement-speed, but perma-swiftness which is 33%. Not only that, we can even combine that with “Invigorating Speed”, “Adrenal Implant” and “Adrenaline Pump” (which just takes 5 points) to doge a frekkin huge chunk of the incoming damage. Not to forget about " Inertial Converter" which basically means another 40% of endurance instantly.
IF and engineer chooses to go down the tool-tree and just spends 10 points on the alchemy-tree, he not only gets perma-swiftness with “Speedy Kits” but an endurance-regeneration that is unreachable for other classes.
So yes, getting perma-swiftness on its own is kinda complex, especially if you intent to use turrets effectively. But if you construct your build around this, you get rewarded with extreme damage-evasion.
Also It totally makes sense to separate kit-swapping from turret-builds, because one NEEDS swiftness to work properly, while turret-builds are stationary and defensive builds. You don’t need this superior movement, if you have the net-tower, it’s overload, it’s belt-ability, and -if you would use it – even the rifles netshot. You’re supposed to trap and hold your opponent. You have 4 sources of cripple, so why do you demand more mobility?
Your build doesn’t need it, and if you’re actually running with a zerg, other classes can easily apply aoe-swiftness on the whole group. If you meet a friendly ele, just blast his lightning field with your rifles skill 5 AND your thumper-turrets belt-ability – enough swiftness for the both of you.

There are enough ways for each class to gain movability, some are rewarding, most are not. And if you don’t play an engi-build revolving swiftness, don’t call for its removal, just so you become slightly less depressed if you face an enemy that has chosen to use his mobility-capabilities.

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

I actually wonder why warrior keep getting nerfs to damage? Guardians actually outdps us yet they getting another buff while warrior getting his dps cut down.

+1 Scoobaniec

Allot of nerfs on warriors best weapons, but zero compensation.

This actually made me bust out laughing…literally. You have obviously never played a guardian before in your life if you think we can ever out dps a warrior. Right now we are known as the tanky small damage class. Warriors have some of the best damage in the game, and also are extremely tanky and have great cc to boot. There is a reason you guys are getting nerfed. You are OP plain and simple. Anyone can play a warrior and kick some tail. Other classes aren’t like that. They actually take skill and thought to deal damage AND survive.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Asking-a-question-that-was-proposed

You obviously don’t know ur own class sir. And yea, u made me laugh.

damage numbers aside and whether or not a guardian can out dps a warrior I’d like to point out that Anet posted some figures on the games anniversary. One of which was class popularity. I remember Warrior being number one by a sizable margin making up like 16% of the total characters. guardian was 5th on the list at 12%. a lot of people are going to be drawn to the class that is “easiest” to play/ best functioning so that should say something about which classes need a boost and which don’t or may even need the reins pulled back a bit.

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I realize this is all about traits right now, but I’m going to throw this out anyway.

Has anyone considered reworking the so-called hard-rez skills, such as Illusion of Life? Most of these skills almost never see the light of day – or rather, in my experience. I’m in a large and very active guild, and very few of them ever get used with us. Perhaps its different for others, but since beta, I have almost never see them used.

The problem is that in any battles where things are going easy, they aren’t needed. In battles where things are going rough, especially if there’s lots of mobs, it can be very hard to locate the body of a fallen comrade sometimes.

And then, it doesn’t function if they are defeated, just downed. If you don’t locate them in time, it’s too late.

Furthermore, the skill is taking the place if another skill that might prevent someone from being downed in the first place. It becomes hard to justify some of these skills, particularly, for example, Illusion of Life, where now they have to defeat a foe within a time frame or be re-downed.

I feel strongly that these skills should rez someone from total defeat, especially now that rez-rushing has been removed. Give it a longer cool-down time, so it will not be replacing rez rushing, but gives a party member a second chance at aiding in the fight before a party wipe occurs or some such.

Just my two cents. Again, I know its not based on traits, just wanted to toss it out for consideration in the future.

Posted by: RyanThomas.4182

RyanThomas.4182

Ele – The changes made to attunement cooldown in the arcana tree don’t seem to matter at all. People who went 30 into arcana before will still go into arcana after, because having those low cooldowns is so important. Also, Evasive Arcana is one of the best traits we have, especially for the heal in water.

Now I know developers reading this must be thinking that the solution is to nerf ele even further, but this is not the answer. Make the cooldowns 10 seconds by default and change the boost for each point of arcana into something else. Maybe make it affect skill cooldown? I’m not sure.

Right now my ability to use skills in any attunement is hindered by the long swap cooldowns eles get stuck with. Why is our swap cooldown so long? You might argue that it’s because we have 20 weapon skills rather than 10, but look at necromancers. They have a death shroud which gives them access to 4 new skills, as well as a new health bar, which is at least as good as another attunement in and of itself. And yet both weapon swapping and death shroud are on independent 10 second cooldowns.

Now I’m not saying necromancer is a perfect class, but I do think that if Arenanet were to default attunement swaps to 10 seconds and change the arcana bonuses entirely, it would be far more feasible to create diverse new builds on the elementalist.

One more thing… why are both the V and VI skills in arcana being moved to master level? You know every d/d ele that goes 30 into arcana is taking V and VI, so why are you forcing us to pick one? Now there isn’t a single trait in the master level which is of use to D/D eles. And don’t tell me about that dagger movement speed skill, because it doesn’t stack with swiftness, so who cares?

Blackgate – Love and War [LAW]
5 Ele meta let’s go

Posted by: RyanThomas.4182

RyanThomas.4182

Since this is a balance patch, I had one other question that I’ve been wondering for a long time. What’s the point of heavy, medium, and light armor? And why do different classes get different health pools?

Okay, so warrior simply starts out with the highest armor AND highest health pool, while elementalist starts out with lowest armor AND lowest health pool.

Where’s the balance? Normally, heavy armor would make you move more slowly (because it’s HEAVY) but heavy armor classes clearly don’t have any sort of speed disadvantage. Light armor classes also aren’t better at dodging attacks. They don’t regenerate endurance at a higher rate. So what, ele’s just get worse stats by default? How is that balanced?

I disagree with the idea that certain classes should get to wear heavy armor without suffering any sort of penalty to movement speed or endurance regeneration. It doesn’t make sense for practical reasons, and it just seems plainly unbalanced.

Blackgate – Love and War [LAW]
5 Ele meta let’s go

Arantheal.7396

[…]
I disagree with the idea that certain classes should get to wear heavy armor without suffering any sort of penalty to movement speed or endurance regeneration. It doesn’t make sense for practical reasons, and it just seems plainly unbalanced.

I assume that you try to bring more realism in to guild wars 2, since from a plain gaming perspective I know zero to none mmo’s that actually decrease heavy armor classes mobility. Tough they maybe don’t get as heavily buffed as scout / thief-like classes in other games., they don’t suffer from actual disadvantages in that matter.
And about the realism part, I have a small funfact for you.
In the European dark age, a knight was required of being able to do a backflip in his full armor. It’s an already corrected mistake in our historical recordings that got falsely presented in many films and other medias, but actually knights endured a rough training to enabling them to wear their armor as a second skin. Their limbs action-radius wasn’t really disturbed either while wearing it, So I think you can imagine what an intimidating impression a charging wall of metal, wielding a war-hammer left on the battle-ground.
Knights were the most advanced tactical forces in their times, so I don’t think that our guardians and warriors are THAT out of shape

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

Freedan.1769

Fair point, but the ball already landed in my court once, and apparently will again come December 10th. My favorite necro build was the perma-retaliation Shroud build, killed in the dhuumfire patch. It wasn’t even a great build but it was a ton of fun. One of my favorite elementalist builds is a Flame and Frost (and yes I used that name before the LS, I deserve royalties…) build using Soothing Wave, it isn’t a great build either, but it’s fun, and yet it is apparently about to be murdered for little more reason than not enough people use it under our completely busted build system. Gee, I wonder why they don’t use it? :-/

I’m speaking up against it and will continue to do so up until and possibly past the release, just as I did before. But there is a great difference between speaking up about something being removed because it hasn’t even been given a chance at life under a functional build system, and whining about something which is so broken nearly every single build in a system must use it.

No arguments from me Conncept, I feel like I mostly agree with you. Just remember, I am mostly defending those who are seeing builds they enjoy get nerfed over the simple fact we need to show empathy for others favorite builds. On the other hand, no one should ever say they are going to stop playing because a build isn’t as strong anymore. If your playstyle is so set on one thing you can’t try others, the game must be a bit stale for you. Branch out more and relearn the core concept: fun. But now for your sake, I do hope more variety gets opened for Necromancer so you can enjoy some other builds as I hope we get to see with Mesmer. I am especially excited over the idea of increased Rune diversity promoting new builds like has been mentioned.

Posted by: J Wall.1703

J Wall.1703

First, Anet, I know lots of people have said it, but I want to echo their point: thanks a ton for starting this dialogue. It shows that you really value player input, and opening yourselves up to this volume of potentially critical response is a very brave and respectable move.

The only comment I have is one a few others have made: the change to symbol of swiftness might not be as helpful as you intended it to be. I understand wanting to beef up the boons on subsequent pulses, but I’m not sure it’ll really help in the end. With all the other symbols, I think you’re right on with the pulsing scheme, because the point of those symbols is to strengthen the guardian and his party where they stand, providing retaliation, protection, or regeneration so they can stay on that spot and fight. Symbol of swiftness doesn’t really serve the same primary function, though; someone else said it, and they’re right, it’s not very swift to stand in one place and gain your maximum swiftness duration.

That’s just my two cents as someone who plays a support guardian and likes not falling behind the zerg.

In any case, thanks for all your hard work. I can’t imagine how many engaging and crazy office conversations must predicate changes like these—I’m sure it’s fun!