Dec 3 patch notes

Dec 3 patch notes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sarne.4528

Sarne.4528

A vast majority of these bugs aren’t even remotely new, many I recall being present in the beta. The only really new ones are the fixes to the Colossus fractal and that fractal only.

Come on… You LISTED the exploits present in fractals and you don’t fix them immediately. Basically saying that it’s okay to abuse them.

Give the likely ONE person you have working on bug fixes a pat on the back though. With as many widely bugs there are, I wouldn’t even know where to begin if I were them.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

CLass modification are lame as always… another nerf for guardians, ok that we are strong, but some love for GS and scepter is requested.

Im concerned for the poor rangers, i dont play a ranger but nerf them when they are already nerfed, its like shoot an arrow to the knee, after a low blow XD

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

(edited by Ganzo.5079)

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Im concerned for the poor rangers, i dont play a ranger but nerf them when they are already nerfed, its like shoot an arrow to the knee, after a low blow XD

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee, the ankle, the back, the neck, the elbow, the shoulder and the shin. Now I can’t throw those traps very far.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

Why you don’t fix the fact that on Fractals if someone dcs cannot re enter in Fractal?

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

CLass modification are lame as always… another nerf for guardians, ok that we are strong, but some love for GS and scepter is requested.

Lol that wasn’t a nerf though it was a bug fix, at least that is what ANet are calling it.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

i was hoping for a fix to the loot nerf…so i still have no reason to do dragons or boss events

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Dec 3 patch notes

Ganzo.5079

Lol that wasn’t a nerf though it was a bug fix, at least that is what ANet are calling it.

ok its a bugfix, but logic teach that if you fix a positive bug, you have to fix a negative bug too, to mantain the cosmic balance.

Its the logic of KARMA o_o

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
LOL

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Boogiepophantom.3041

Boogiepophantom.3041

Lets keep making mesmers stronger and f necros seems legit

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

“Area of effect heals and boons now prioritize players’ minions and NPC”

Eh? I hope the opposite was meant.

That is indeed the case. Talk about an ill-timed typo

Here’s how it should read: “Area of effect heals and boons now prioritize players over minions and NPCs.”

Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks for the clarification on that!

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

“Guild leaders are able to demote other players of the same rank.”

Why is this in the patch notes?

So now if I’m the sole guild leader and I want to upgrade my best man to my same rank, there’s a chance he may turn and demote me, effectively stealing my guild from under me? I don’t understand why they changed this.

Dec 3 patch notes

Ganzo.5079

So now if I’m the sole guild leader and I want to upgrade my best man to my same rank, there’s a chance he may turn and demote me, effectively stealing my guild from under me? I don’t understand why they changed this.

Im not sure, but maybe why after promote a guy as Guild leader rank, the real guild leader can do nothing? if a co-leader, start to kick or insult guildies (for example) its right if the real guild master can demote and kick him.

LOL

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Tintaglia.4762

Tintaglia.4762

“Increased chance to get Mini boosters and Dye Pack boosters from the Black Lion Chest.”

Does anyone know what these boosters do? I’ve never heard of them.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

I got excited at this patch; it’s the first patch where Mesmer wasn’t nerfed!

…but, they broke phantasm AI . GG

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Jugs A Runnin.4197

Jugs A Runnin.4197

So I have Been on this Server (Devona’s Rest) for 3 and a half weeks now. No WvW Bonuses Before update and STILL NO WvW Bonuses after update GG Anet

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Nevermore.5487

Nevermore.5487

No fractals dc problem resolved?

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Why you don’t fix the fact that on Fractals if someone dcs cannot re enter in Fractal?

We’ve got people working specifically on this issue, it has turned out to be much more complicated due to the way fractals are implemented than we hoped. We’ll have a fix for this soon as it’s tested enough we think it’s clearly solved and doesn’t cause any other issues.

We are at least a week and a half away on a fix for this, possibly longer depending on how long it takes to test it properly, we wouldn’t want to deploy anything that makes the issue worse!

Thanks for your patience, we wish this one was super easy! =)

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Mordar.4286

Mordar.4286

and not a single buff to the necromancer, do Anet even care about the class AT ALL?

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Pyles.5301

Pyles.5301

I’m thinking they cant simply allow people back in after a DC as there is no additional difficulty level checking at all past the initial one on loading into Fractals Lobby.

If they did i suspect it would allow groups to skip multiple levels.

i.e. If the limitation was removed the game couldnt tell the difference between:
5x lvl 30 people load into Fractals, 1 DCs and relogs back in.
AND
1x lvl 30+ person walking in to start it up and then inviting 4x lvl 1 people thereby skipping 30 levels.

Could be wrong but it would explain why its so hard to define and implement additional checking to ensure the same person who dc’d was the same person re-entering and/or if the re-entering person has the credentials to be there.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Maelzrael.8142

Maelzrael.8142

and not a single buff to the necromancer, do Anet even care about the class AT ALL?

my necro doesnt need a buff? she’s kittenhe is.. not that i would mind.. but what are you mad about?

Enlightening the minds of the youth.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

So since the last two patches this how Mesmers playing experience goes.

To do our attacks we have spend time casting instead of attacking, hope the SUMMON doesn’t get dodged or blocked (lolwut) or one of the many spamable sources of blind doesn’t get throw our way, have the phantasm appear wait several seconds for it to attack, hope it doesn’t get blinded, dodged, blocked or killed. and then in the case of iBerserker we do all this for hardly any damage at all.

Oh well at least I have an other level 80. What was it again? Ranger….

I hear borderlands 2 is good.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Alnear Leavar.7453

Alnear Leavar.7453

I don’t expect this to be answered cos even the “official” theme is ignored but… Are PvE loots working as intended or are they bugged? Cos it’s really poor…

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Mareth.8659

Mareth.8659

Apparently all my tournament tickets and glory boosters have been wiped out with the patch…
I might have used them sleepwalking tho.
Am I the only one who’s experiencing this issues?

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Just be glad they didn’t break or nerf anything like they do mesmers… what’d I give for a patch where they just leave things alone and stop making things even MORE broken

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

I’m happy about this.
Invisible & invulnerable players can no longer contest capture points in WvW.

Also i agree the loot drop is poor,and the gems have sky rocketed.
Not seen a gold item drop in weeks.i don’t use mf gear but still would be nice to get a few gold and exotic drops now and then.

The only exotic drop i ever got was from two things,mk jp and the lost shores event.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Sentry.3691

Sentry.3691

Seriously. I’m beginning to think that Anet has given up on the Ranger.
Our traits lines are a complete mess; they have no synergy and way too many traits are outright useless, either because they are bugged or their effects are completely unnoticeable.
And… our pets. They are only useful in PVE. I’ve rarely been more frustrated than the day I decided to check out WvW with my level 80 ranger. It was just… ugly.

The class has very few useful ulitlity skills, very limited damage output, and very few viable build options (in PVE). PVP is just a joke with a Ranger. The profession may need a total redesign.

Anyway, it is nice to see some bug fixes. I just wish Anet would start prioritizing profession bugs and balance issues.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

Apparently all my tournament tickets and glory boosters have been wiped out with the patch…

I’ve heard people say that they’ve been placed in the PvP locker. I can’t confirm it myself, but it’s worth a look.

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: FluffyDoe.7539

FluffyDoe.7539

Seriously. I’m beginning to think that Anet has given up on the Ranger.
Our traits lines are a complete mess; they have no synergy and way too many traits are outright useless, either because they are bugged or their effects are completely unnoticeable.
And… our pets. They are only useful in PVE. I’ve rarely been more frustrated than the day I decided to check out WvW with my level 80 ranger. It was just… ugly.

The class has very few useful ulitlity skills, very limited damage output, and very few viable build options (in PVE). PVP is just a joke with a Ranger. The profession may need a total redesign.

Anyway, it is nice to see some bug fixes. I just wish Anet would start prioritizing profession bugs and balance issues.

I think it’s better not to assume that until after the December patch, cuz apparently that patch will introduce a lot of new skill balances in the classes.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/919-state-of-the-game-discussion-now-available/

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

You guys forgot to add
“Removed ability to jump more than once every 2 seconds and on uneven terrain.”

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

Nope. I don’t want them to buff us, just fix our bugs.

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Mareth.8659

Mareth.8659

I’ve heard people say that they’ve been placed in the PvP locker. I can’t confirm it myself, but it’s worth a look.

Thank you so much

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Tifa Lockheart Ex.9614

Tifa Lockheart Ex.9614

every patch so far fixed something, and bugged something, like seriously is there no quality control? spent a good hour (which usually take me 15-20min) to get to the EB JP Colosseum, finally there more jump bug then get merc by enemy camper, this game is getting more and more frustrating with each patch.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

Saw a little change in fractals that wasn’t listed. So i’m guessing they want us to kill those ascalonians rather than skip one mob. Oh well.

Attachments:

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: AMra.9687

AMra.9687

We’ve got people working specifically on this issue, it has turned out to be much more complicated due to the way fractals are implemented than we hoped. We’ll have a fix for this soon as it’s tested enough we think it’s clearly solved and doesn’t cause any other issues.

We are at least a week and a half away on a fix for this, possibly longer depending on how long it takes to test it properly, we wouldn’t want to deploy anything that makes the issue worse!

thank you for an update concerning this

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

Guardian

Ring of Warding: This skill will no longer affect non-attackable NPCs.

Heh!
No more NPC Trainer pile in LA.

Nice.

No more de-bugging some bugged NPCs, either.

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

then there’s some who take some change, no matter how significant or not, as a personal afront. Throw their chair across their room, ram their fist through the drywall and unleash a declaration that they will spearhead the effort to bring about the demise of the A-Net company it’s self before slinging their computer through their window and screaming out the hole of shattered glass with murderous rage. So I think they kind of time these things as best they can in the interest of public safety.

That’s pretty strange way to react to simple criticism and assertive consumerism. GW2 is not perfect. If you can’t deal with individuals pointing out when the king is naked, you should probably not play as every game is going to have flaws, and with it people who are not helpless sheep employing their right to complain about it.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Jairlyn.1429

Jairlyn.1429

Because people were complaining that others get raised by accident. I guess I’ll give you the same answer I gave them.
If you do not trust the person with certain abilities in your guild then do not promote them.

Jairlyn: Guardian- Yak’s Bend

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Adakar.7532

Adakar.7532

First off… I like to see a lot of corrections for glitches and exploits.

BUT, you’re “anti-wall scaling” correction is making even the most mundane jump challenges (like the Vista in the NW of Lion’s Arch and the Strawberry Patch on Diessa Plateau) nearly impossible due to the slightest diviation in elevation prior to the jump preventing the jump… meaning, if you need a moving start to make a jump over a gap and there is any change in elevation on the starting jump location, your toon runs off the edge and makes you want to break your monitor. It should not take someone 10 minutes to get to the Strawberry Patch when they can normally run it in less than 2 or 3 minutes. Or longer if you don’t happen to find the “sweet spot”

If anything, this makes completing jump puzzles highly undesirable. If you want to fix the walls that are being scaled by players, so be it. Don’t ruin the whole jumping mechanic to fix a few players exploits… fix the exploit instead.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

“Dec 3 patch notes”:

“Whoops”.

-Anet

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

What about the open world loot issue that was posted on this forum 12 days ago. Why is it you people jump all over dungeon issues but can’t answer one simple question your staff agreed to look into at the AMA and runs contrary to your own patch notes? Why didn’t a fix make it in for that issue? Why don’t you have people working on that?

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: PaWryce.9702

PaWryce.9702

I don’t understand why they changed this.

Wel i can of one senario: guildleader friend stop playing the game and sells his acc, the new player clean your guild out and theres nohing you can do about it.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Darmikau.9413

Darmikau.9413

Wish they fixed the loot already.

Been getting terrible Rare rates from CS ever since the 15th.

But that requires investigation and time, while other forms of farming gold like Arah Path 3 require hotfixing.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Mayam.8976

Mayam.8976

God bless you Colin!

Seriously, this is like the quintessential Gold Standard of a game company Rep. responding to their customer.

1. We are aware of the issue.

2. We have a fix in the works currently and are in the [insert current developmentmental level of progress here] phase.

3. We hope to have it completed and ready for release in the approximate time frame of [insert projected completion time here].

4. Reiterate commitment to quality and express appreciation for customer patronage.

Seriously, Thank You. This kind of feedback really means a lot to your customers. Thank You for your quick attention to this problem as well Sir .

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Bvhjdbvkjf.1987

Bvhjdbvkjf.1987

Maybe next patch they’ll fix the fact Shadow Behemoth hasn’t shown up on my server for weeks…

Did server reset with patch? Maybe it’s still unbroken as of yet…

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

2 fixes that weren’t done very well. Guild leaders being able to kick each other. They did this because someone accidentally promoted another to guild leader and the promotee would not step down. This is problematic for everyone else now, and even for those they were trying to help. If the bad egg sees this first, he will kick the legitimate leader out and take over the guild.

And then there’s fixing some bad terrain design by changing the laws of physics in the game. I already had moments where I was running on a slope and my jump didn’t work, but I thought my keyboard was wearing out. There was already a mechanism like this, they just made it more oppressive because it was easier.

2 patches ago, 2 elementalist combo finishers were pretty much ruined. 1 stopped working completely. The other was made so the enemy had to be touching the ele to initiate the finisher inside the field. This patch only made the broken one work the same way. Elementalists shouldn’t be fighting in melee range!

Now they have to cast 3 skills and wait for the kitten Dragon’s Tooth to hover in the air (why would you mentally suspend something in the air longer than you had to?) for 3 seconds while the mobs cut you to pieces just to get the combo finishers to work, but by that time you’re dead because you stopped moving in the middle of a cluster of enemies.

It worked so much better before, the change 2 patches ago. Finisher executed on skill cast, not off in the distance after the field vanished, without the need for it to execute in melee range. And the combo is a boon, it should be centered around the caster.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Mayam.8976

Mayam.8976

2 fixes that weren’t done very well. Guild leaders being able to kick each other. They did this because someone accidentally promoted another to guild leader and the promotee would not step down. This is problematic for everyone else now, and even for those they were trying to help. If the bad egg sees this first, he will kick the legitimate leader out and take over the guild.

And then there’s fixing some bad terrain design by changing the laws of physics in the game. I already had moments where I was running on a slope and my jump didn’t work, but I thought my keyboard was wearing out. There was already a mechanism like this, they just made it more oppressive because it was easier.

2 patches ago, 2 elementalist combo finishers were pretty much ruined. 1 stopped working completely. The other was made so the enemy had to be touching the ele to initiate the finisher inside the field. This patch only made the broken one work the same way. Elementalists shouldn’t be fighting in melee range!

Now they have to cast 3 skills and wait for the kitten Dragon’s Tooth to hover in the air (why would you mentally suspend something in the air longer than you had to?) for 3 seconds while the mobs cut you to pieces just to get the combo finishers to work, but by that time you’re dead because you stopped moving in the middle of a cluster of enemies.

It worked so much better before, the change 2 patches ago. Finisher executed on skill cast, not off in the distance after the field vanished, without the need for it to execute in melee range. And the combo is a boon, it should be centered around the caster.

Hmm… regarding the first; if one finds themself in a guild where there’s a danger of such childishness, well (I guess I should qualify this first by saying, “as I personally see it”) you were never involved with a REAL guild in the first place and good riddance. You were simply in a collection of players who got to have a “guild tag” over their head and indiscriminantly issued invites to people who indiscriminantly accepted.

If that isn’t the case though, such an occurence was a blessing in disguise because your real guild has now identified and rid itself of the D-bag and his ilk who, I guess, felt important by being able to call himself a guild leader in a video game. Congrats! Now you get to go form a real guild with the members actually worth having. At worst you lost the Influence you acrued but it’s worth it in the long run EASILY. Wow, that’s some serious childish kitten to pull right there though. KITTEN!

You’re right though, I see no reason for a change to the guild mechanics though if it’s true that this was the sole reason for the change.

Regarding this jumping bug (and whatever else this “fix” is meant to address) has me concerned. I’m about to head hom,e where I can log in for myself and see what’s really going on but I haven’t heard anything positive on these forums about it so far…

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

No.
You wont.
When your QA team cant even be bothered to push the space bar in the testing process, I have no faith in your company’s ability to publish patches that arent riddled with more bugs than fixes.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

i love to see bug fixs more than i like seeing other content. so im thinking it was a great update. i’m always afraid that if they release too much stuff and not fix whats needed they put bugs on bugs. you know what that leads too super bugs. id love to see content come every two months with a hugs bug fix in the month between

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: little.6509

little.6509

Did I really just read someone representing for A-net say they will test something? YEAH RIGHT. Just like you spent so much time “testing” if temple of balthazar stopped bugging (bugged since Auguest 18th, or since launch) or “testing” the mesmers izerker (who now does 75% of damage and has a 1-2 second delay after cast making them useless)…… I have lost faith in you completely as a gaming company so stop filling the community with lies.

i love to see bug fixs more than i like seeing other content. so im thinking it was a great update. i’m always afraid that if they release too much stuff and not fix whats needed they put bugs on bugs. you know what that leads too super bugs. id love to see content come every two months with a hugs bug fix in the month between

What good is a patch full of bug fixes if it implents the same number of new bugs than it previously “fixed”?…

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

But they didn’t actually fix things. They broke jumping, mesmers (again), elementalist (again), dungeon fixes apparently still don’t work.

I’d love to see bugfixes too, but at this point I think the best bugfix is to hire new QA staff.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Adakar.7532

Adakar.7532

Status Update : new patch fixed jumping.

Thanks Anet for listening.