Dec 3 patch notes

Dec 3 patch notes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Celle.2716

Celle.2716

If you are dead and dc in the fractals, you could exploit it if the rejoin where in the game.

Dead→dc→alive→rejoin.

it´s not so easy guys.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: scabies.3246

scabies.3246

Why you don’t fix the fact that on Fractals if someone dcs cannot re enter in Fractal?

We’ve got people working specifically on this issue, it has turned out to be much more complicated due to the way fractals are implemented than we hoped. We’ll have a fix for this soon as it’s tested enough we think it’s clearly solved and doesn’t cause any other issues.

We are at least a week and a half away on a fix for this, possibly longer depending on how long it takes to test it properly, we wouldn’t want to deploy anything that makes the issue worse!

Thanks for your patience, we wish this one was super easy! =)

I’ve played games where developers and publishers don’t even TRY to fix things… Even just saying something like, “we’re trying to figure out how to fix this problem”, even if you aren’t, really brings up my hope. It is nice to see posts like this.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Seriously. I’m beginning to think that Anet has given up on the Ranger.

So now it’s Rangers, Necromancers, Elementalists and Mesmers who all four swear they’ve been abandoned by the devs are are being ignored despite needing massive buffs / reworks.

Sounds like balance to me.
You can’t ever make MMO players happy (past 16 years have taught me that much :P ) so the next best thing is making them equally unhappy, thereby establishing balance.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: psyt.9415

psyt.9415

Seriously. I’m beginning to think that Anet has given up on the Ranger.

So now it’s Rangers, Necromancers, Elementalists and Mesmers who all four swear they’ve been abandoned by the devs are are being ignored despite needing massive buffs / reworks.

Sounds like balance to me.
You can’t ever make MMO players happy (past 16 years have taught me that much :P ) so the next best thing is making them equally unhappy, thereby establishing balance.

Rangers and Nec have a bit of a case interms of bug fixes and pet mechanics not working right. The other two classes are drinking forum kool aid.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

I see they are still selectively responding to game issues while ignoring others.
Guess their motto is to rather not say anything negative or disappointing if they can’t say something positive. Who needs honesty, right?

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I just read the notes and I am happy with the fact that this patch focused on bug fixing.
I am also really glad to see that the event near the monastery has been fixed, maybe I can get the Shadow Behemoth going
It is a nice patch- just a pity there is no word about the loot drops.

Gunnar’s Hold

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I see that neither open world lowered drop rates nor accessibility/price of ascended items were addressed.
No hurry, take your time, it’s not like it’s important to anyone…
oh wait.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

I’d love to see bugfixes too, but at this point I think the best bugfix is to hire new QA staff.

There, fixed that for you.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Still no word on world drops in pve zones or drops from vets / champs

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

What about the open world loot issue that was posted on this forum 12 days ago. Why is it you people jump all over dungeon issues but can’t answer one simple question your staff agreed to look into at the AMA and runs contrary to your own patch notes? Why didn’t a fix make it in for that issue? Why don’t you have people working on that?

T_T It’s never alright is it? Now you get a respond on a certain issue, you need to go all out on everything else? Exactly the reason why they don’t want to communicate it too often.

I still believe Fractals is pulling all yellow drops from across the world to itself. The drops in fractals are better and better the further you go in, the more they drop in there the less they drop in the world itself? Either way, it seems like something even more complicated than the disconnect issue.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Valle.3406

Valle.3406

We are at least a week and a half away on a fix for this, possibly longer depending on how long it takes to test it properly, we wouldn’t want to deploy anything that makes the issue worse!

That would be the first time then….

In my opinion each patch have so far created more problems than fixes.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Lets keep making mesmers stronger and f necros seems legit

lol what?

Since launch Mesmers have had nothing but nerfs and massive bugs introduced. They are in a horribly broken state right now and Phantasms aren’t worth the button press.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

That would be the first time then….

In my opinion each patch have so far created more problems than fixes.

Not picking on you specifically but the community has complained for a while now that we get no definite answers from devs.
Now that Collin made one- saying they are aware of the problem, working on it and even giving a time frame.
You guys jump all over that post?
Seriously, are you surprised that they don’t want to communicate with us?
What more do you guys want?

OT I still think it was a patch that addressed priorities, bug fixes and event fixes, so yes I am happy.

Gunnar’s Hold

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

Jumping issue was fixed! <3 Anet.

Also there was a lot of unlisted bug fixes and exploits that were patched that weren’t listed in the patch notes.. especially in relations to FotM.

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

Jumping issue was fixed! <3 Anet.

Also there was a lot of unlisted bug fixes and exploits that were patched that weren’t listed in the patch notes.. especially in relations to FotM.

Can you please list them? Thanks.

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Dear Colin Johanson, walk to Linsey Murdock’s room to remember we’re still patiently waiting for that scavenger hunt!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

Meanwhile, on the volcano fractal:
Grawl teleport bug on prisoners is STILL here.
But hey, keep fixing ONLY the bugs that can advantage the player and leave there the ones who annoy and slow us down.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

This patch notes are a bit Cynical, there are things they said they fixed that AREN’T fixed.

=/

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Celle.2716

Celle.2716

But hey, keep fixing ONLY the bugs that can advantage the player and leave there the ones who annoy and slow us down.

It´s not a bug. You have to be quick, thats all.

Thanks for flaming.

This patch notes are a bit Cynical, there are things they said they fixed that AREN’T fixed.

=/

There can be other causes for a bug that was fixed.

It´s software and software is always buged.

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Dang, those four classes are the only ones I’m playing Q.Q

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

“Guild leaders are able to demote other players of the same rank.”

Why is this in the patch notes?

So now if I’m the sole guild leader and I want to upgrade my best man to my same rank, there’s a chance he may turn and demote me, effectively stealing my guild from under me? I don’t understand why they changed this.

Because previously, once someone was promoted to the highest rank, there was no way at all to demote them.

If your “best man” decides to “steal your guild from under you”, you have very poor judgement and probably shouldn’t be a guild leader in the first place.

Besides, If you’re that worried about that possibility, simply don’t promote them to guild leader…?

- Al Zheimer

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

It´s not a bug. You have to be quick, thats all.

It is a bug. About 25% of the times, one of the grawl shamans will spawn right on top of one of the prisoners and instantly kill it, right at the start of the encounter. Unless you think players are supposed to kill the shamans in a single frame, this is a bug.

It’s like the fact that players can’t knock mobs off ledges but mobs can do it to players. Or the way some of them magically reset back to 100% or become invulnerable if they think the fight isn’t going their way.

It seems that some of the designers’ #1 priority is protecting the AI’s right to have fun (at the expense of the players, if necessary).

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)

Dec 3 patch notes

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

i love to see bug fixs more than i like seeing other content. so im thinking it was a great update. i’m always afraid that if they release too much stuff and not fix whats needed they put bugs on bugs. you know what that leads too super bugs. id love to see content come every two months with a hugs bug fix in the month between

What good is a patch full of bug fixes if it implents the same number of new bugs than it previously “fixed”?…

so you’d rather they not fix bug at all

i love to see bug fixs more than i like seeing other content. so im thinking it was a great update. i’m always afraid that if they release too much stuff and not fix whats needed they put bugs on bugs. you know what that leads too super bugs. id love to see content come every two months with a hugs bug fix in the month between

But they didn’t actually fix things. They broke jumping, mesmers (again), elementalist (again), dungeon fixes apparently still don’t work.

I’d love to see bugfixes too, but at this point I think the best bugfix is to hire new QA staff.

so firing people is your answer i say maybe they should have fixed the bugs before they implemented new material maybe if they would have fixed the bugs first we wouldnt see the compounding of new bugs. i see games do this all the time added new content upon buggy material only to make games unplayable. i see gw2 doing this already.

(edited by ricky markham.8173)