Decent FPS

Decent FPS

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: dannymichel.6019

dannymichel.6019

Q:

Was wondering what we consider decent FPS.
Thanks in advance

Decent FPS

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

A:

The general consensus amoung benchmarkers is once fps drops below 30 ..its unplayable.
In competitative PVP games like FirstPersonShooters 60 FPS is a must.

In MMORPG’s like this ..its isnt neccesery as the precision and skill required for pvp and pve is substantialy less and so 30fps is perfectly fine.

So bassicaly 30-60+ is the area u want to be in, anything less than 30 is undesirable ..but depending on the game type it could be considered managble down to say 20 fps.
I know people who play Gw2 averaging in the 20’s FPS and can play perfectly fine.

I personaly am usualy around the 50-60 mark in most cases. Settings being 1920×1080 60hz Vsync, and other settings being maxed except Sampling(native), Reflections (terrain and sky), shadows(high).

You dont really need shadows down to High all the time, i just have it there so i dont need to keep changing it back down form ultra for WvW. .since Shaodws affects CPU, and we all know how bound GW2 is CPU wise ..every little helps.

Anyway in the biggest WvW battles i drop down to at the lowest ..30fps. but in average sized battles im at 45fps. Normal LA 55-60 (GPU is maxing out here). And PvE is roughly 50-60 depending on events and such.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

(edited by SolarNova.1052)

Decent FPS

Posted by: WreckSC.1835

WreckSC.1835

Short answer: Whatever looks and feels playable to you.

Other answer for an MMO: Usually whatever your monitor refresh rate tops out at so you don’t see stuttering (usually 60hz – 100hz depending on your screen these days).

To me, anything above 30fps in an MMO and it seems quite playable to me (others will like more), FPS shooter games I always like it to be as high as possible though.

Decent FPS

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Well… I think decent goes to 30 to 40 and 40 to 50 as amazing and 50-60 as legendary. Also, having 60 and above is considered godlike, if possible.

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Decent FPS

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Well… I think decent goes to 30 to 40 and 40 to 50 as amazing and 50-60 as legendary. Also, having 60 and above is considered godlike, if possible.

Geuss i’m an godlike most times then xD rarely drops below 60 for me :P and if it does it usually only like 55 or something as lowest xD (that said GW2 was one of the main reasons i got this new computer, my old one i doubt would have been able to play gw2 at even lowest with setting with 1 fps :P

that aside yeah 30+ should definatly playable, keep in mind that if you go try tweak your setting to get 30 while standing still with likely little to not action around you it could very well drop a to 15-20 wioth action and if you go large wvw battles maybe even down to 5 making it virtually a slideshow. SO i would recommand if you stad still try if you can get at least a 40-50 there if you like big wvw battles and such maybe try get 60 when you are not near action

Decent FPS

Cowrex.9564

Geuss i’m an godlike most times then xD rarely drops below 60 for me :P and if it does it usually only like 55 or something as lowest xD

that aside yeah 30+ should definatly playable, keep in mind that if you go try tweak your setting to get 30 while standing still with likely little to not action around you it could very well drop a to 15-20 wioth action and if you go large wvw battles maybe even down to 5 making it virtually a slideshow. SO i would recommand if you stad still try if you can get at least a 40-50 there if you like big wvw battles and such maybe try get 60 when you are not near action

Haha. Nice one.

Anyways, my FPS drops alot especially when I tweak the Reflections and Shaders.

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Decent FPS

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Yeah reflections, shaders, and shadows as well are the 3 main hitters on your FPS (not just in gw2 but in any game, so these would be good places to try and reduce if you ahve problems with low FPS

Decent FPS

Cowrex.9564

Yeah reflections, shaders, and shadows as well are the 3 main hitters on your FPS (not just in gw2 but in any game, so these would be good places to try and reduce if you ahve problems with low FPS

Guess so

Decent FPS

Posted by: Southern Lord.7254

Southern Lord.7254

I get 50-60 with everything on ultra (or very high…whatever it’s called) but turn down my shadows 9like every game).

GTX670 FTW Edition Master Race reporting in.

(edited by Southern Lord.7254)

Decent FPS

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I really thought I’d be able to play WvW by now. I didn’t think it would take half a year for the game’s optimizations to be added.

Decent FPS

Cowrex.9564

I get 50-60 with everything on ultra (or very high…whatever it’s called) but turn down my shadows 9like every game).

kitten!

Decent FPS

Cowrex.9564

kitten!

What I meant to say was…awesome!

Decent FPS

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Game is playable for me as well from a notebook with an ati 5650. However in big WvWvW zergs near casttles i get around 5 fps. Yes, total bs.

Decent FPS

Posted by: Ottyk.1528

Ottyk.1528

I have my FPS locked at 30 because I like my frames to be stable and not jumping from 30-60 depending on where I am. 30fps is enough for an MMO anyway imo