Deeper Charactar Customisation

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

We have got new faces and hairs trough BLTC kits – but NOTHING have been done to anything else when it comes to character customisation. I (hopefully others too) Think its time u take a look at this now. Things I would like to have “updated” are:

• More options to choose from when it comes to Racial Features* such as Fur Patterns and Horns in Charr and the equivalence for other races.
  • Ability to choose colors, or choose more colors for Horns for charr and Tattoos for Norn
  • Ability to use colors from the Dye Pool for Hair Acsessories.

I know ppl have been asking for more body types such as chubby bodies, more facial hair options for norn and humans, tattoos for humans, faces that have other etnicity than european in humans and Norn, other pulsation patterns in Sylvaris,…. Jevwelery for asuran ears, etc… all realistic wishes Imo.

Kima & Co

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

Yes please!!!

(edited by DaikonSamurai.6714)

Posted by: Steeldragon.7308

Steeldragon.7308

Options for different voices

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Totally agree. More authentic customization options are always good.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

This is something I was thinking of this morning. When I switch between characters and here the same voice is bugs the heck out of me.

Ardid.7203

Charr specially, they all sound too similar.

Hawks

Posted by: Lancaeron.1524

Lancaeron.1524

I agree with new ways to customize your character, especially in the creation of a new character. If female Asura had earrings, it would make them stand out amongst their male counterparts. For female Charr, they are military-based, and thus resemble their male counterparts.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

if they at least have as much customization as BDO i would be happy….and scream in excitement like a little girl…..did i just say that…..

Posted by: Genesis.4671

Genesis.4671

While different voices would be nice they would have to hire new people to record thousands of lines of dialog.

I think a more realistic option would be like a pitch slider, that way you could at least choose a deeper or higher pitched voice.

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

Idly thinks about the personality system and some different combat/other random quotes for each

……

let the sky fall

Posted by: MrGhosty.4296

MrGhosty.4296

I think if Anet were to bring new voices in, they would see an immediate return on their investment as almost everyone I know in the game would immediately swap voices via the kits on Gemstore. I second all the other suggestions as well, tats and beards for all. I would like to see some tree/bush type facial hair for sylvari, and Tats that function as the glow pattern on the sylvari. more tats for human, maybe something lore appropriate that ties back into their gods, culture etc.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

If female Asura had earrings, it would make them stand out amongst their male counterparts.

It is said female Asura have a “different ear structure” but I can’t figure out the difference. So yeah, earrings in those long, floppy ears would be cute!

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

If female Asura had earrings, it would make them stand out amongst their male counterparts.

It is said female Asura have a “different ear structure” but I can’t figure out the difference. So yeah, earrings in those long, floppy ears would be cute!

Earrings that we can dye would be excellent.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

The worst part is I have three radically different charr females – One’s a dignified, lion-face and shaped warrior (And clones in Revenant, Guardian, and Mesmer), who the default voice worked well for. But I also have a massive, savage ranger, who really needs a coarser voice, and a ridiculously cute rogue who’s voice needs more squeak to it.

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

Bigger Boobs. I know, “that’s sexist, every game does that, we don’t want it, bla bla bla why” Why? well because I want them. Why do you care what another random player looks like, and anet, you could make money off of this. I’d buy lots of the editing pack things in the gemstore. I want the body selections to go away and be replaced with as many sliders as humanly possible with a huge range. Would pay huge prices.

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

+1 OP, especially more hair accessory dyes and Charr horns to choose from.

Do it please, ANet. Take my money! Take it!

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Bigger Boobs. I know, “that’s sexist, every game does that, we don’t want it, bla bla bla why” Why? well because I want them. Why do you care what another random player looks like, and anet, you could make money off of this. I’d buy lots of the editing pack things in the gemstore. I want the body selections to go away and be replaced with as many sliders as humanly possible with a huge range. Would pay huge prices.

YES exactly, why can’t we have body modifications in the makeover kits. I personally don’t think we have big enough anything, most characters look like stick figures to me. I want bigger breasts and butts. And while were at it how about some sexy armor… most other games have it.

Posted by: Tryhard Pants.9745

Tryhard Pants.9745

YES exactly, why can’t we have body modifications in the makeover kits. I personally don’t think we have big enough anything, most characters look like stick figures to me. I want bigger breasts and butts. And while were at it how about some sexy armor… most other games have it.

Go play Black Desert or Blade and Soul or any of the other dozen fap mmos that are all about huge boobs and big butts with jiggling physics.
I would like to see more realistic and authentic armor sets instead of “skimpy” and “revealing” crap. The new wvw set is a step in the right direction.

Ellie.5913

Go play Black Desert or Blade and Soul or any of the other dozen fap mmos that are all about huge boobs and big butts with jiggling physics.
I would like to see more realistic and authentic armor sets instead of “skimpy” and “revealing” crap. The new wvw set is a step in the right direction.

And who are you to tell me to go play something else…. To me big breasts & butt and sexy feminine cloths ARE realistic its how I am irl so why can’t I be that way on my game…..most armor/outfits they make are VERY concealing anyways. Why can’t those of us who like sexy things have them I really don’t see how it bothers anyone. If they don’t like it they can not look at it easy peasy.

(edited by Ellie.5913)

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

OMG YES VOICE OPTIONS!

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Norn with scottish accent, i will pay!!! Make it happen pretty Please.

Posted by: Tryhard Pants.9745

Tryhard Pants.9745

And who are you to tell me to go play something else…. To me big breasts & butt and sexy feminine cloths ARE realistic its how I am irl so why can’t I be that way on my game…..

Are you battling Monsters IRL? Because if you were, you wouldn’t be wearing sexy skimpy clothing. Sorry for being rude… I understand everyone has a different opinion. I’m male and straight and I hate how ridiculous some of these games portray females. Armor should cover your chest, not reveal it…

This is where the fps genre is miles ahead… Gears of war, unreal, battlefield, call of duty… All of those games have authentic female characters these days that actually look like they are ready for a fight.

Ellie.5913

And who are you to tell me to go play something else…. To me big breasts & butt and sexy feminine cloths ARE realistic its how I am irl so why can’t I be that way on my game…..

Are you battling Monsters IRL? Because if you were, you wouldn’t be wearing sexy skimpy clothing. Sorry for being rude… I understand everyone has a different opinion. I’m male and straight and I hate how ridiculous some of these games portray females. Armor should cover your chest, not reveal it…

This is where the fps genre is miles ahead… Gears of war, unreal, battlefield, call of duty… All of those games have authentic female characters these days that actually look like they are ready for a fight.

My favorite warrior of all time Xena,( yea fictional but I don’t care I love her, besides this game is also fictional…..) she wore sexy armor while kicking kitten and she was stronger than 10 men… So if she can do it then so can I. End of story.

Ardid.7203

One thing shouldn’t stop the other. You can have armor that is realistic as armor (Hauberk bikinis ARE stupid), and you can have sexy clothes (Wich don’t pretend to look like armor, but are revealing instead).

Big and small boobs exist, and most portly girls I know have way bigger boobs than the more thick female human body you can select in the game. It is very weird IMO, that the wasp thin body has bigger assets than the portly one…

The point is there should be more variety, more choices and more customization all over the place.

Hawks

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

What about alternate animation sets?
Dont get me wrong, I love most of my current animations, but some of them dont fit specific styles.
For example the basic idle animation for holding two weapons.(hf)
It is not bad. It looks somewhat agile, it is relatively realistic and not an ‘anime stance’
I like it on paper, but in pratice it looks kinda akward with certain weapon types and weapons.
And if you possess ad infinitum it is annoying to see it almost horizontally to the ground because you bend your back so much.

In conclusion:
As cool as thief animations are on a dirty rogue, as soon as youre trying to create an elegant duelist, they fit less and less.

Fenom.9457

Yea, people are like “we have enough why do this?” Well, don’t unlock the skins. And compared to most games, this is very low on revealing stuff especially since lots of what we do have as “revealing” is just a random patch of boob, and not much. Also, compare “revealing” outfits to the number of other armors, or even specifically trenchcoats, buttcapes, robes, etc. I don’t get why other people care what I wear…

PSSSSSSSSS: yay someone agrees with me!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Fenom.9457

Compare the number of “unrevealing” (due to buttcaps, robes, and trenchcoat overflow I can’t say realistic) armors to the truly “revealing” ones. Besides, why can’t the do both? Make MORE of more revealing armor (less and less actualy clothing, no flaps or coats pls), and MORE of more realistic armor (again no flaps, asscapes, etc)

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Can we plz bring this back on track and stop discussing armour (as that’s a different subject) and continue to discuss character customisation, u know, faces, horns, tattoos, hair, voices, fur-patterns, beards etc…. thinga that IS u’r character – not what u’r character wears.

Kima & Co

Fenom.9457

Can we plz bring this back on track and stop discussing armour (as that’s a different subject) and continue to discuss character customisation, u know,* faces, horns, tattoos, hair, voices, fur-patterns, beards etc…. thinga that IS u’r character – not what u’r character wears.*

well I said big boobs (for the characters themselves) and it turned into revealing armor crap..

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

tattoos, and earrings for both genders, would be awesome. Also, a way to hide armor parts (specially top armor) would be great for those of us who want to play a more barbaric/sexyier looking character.
as for bigger boobs and more sexy female armor, I’m against it, just because the only way to have it fair would be to give us guys a way to have bigger butts and pecs, a completely different sexier underwear and the same amount of sexy armor, and that will never happen without people complaining about that.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Can we plz bring this back on track and stop discussing armour (as that’s a different subject) and continue to discuss character customisation, u know,* faces, horns, tattoos, hair, voices, fur-patterns, beards etc…. thinga that IS u’r character – not what u’r character wears.*

well I said big boobs (for the characters themselves) and it turned into revealing armor crap..

The proper term is ‘Greater bodytype diversity". That way you don’t come across as an idiot 15-year-old male just looking to get off on pixels. Because apparently, “Big Boobs” is overly sexual.

Ellie.5913

I really don’t see how some one having large breasts is sexual, a lot of people are made that way and why can’t they be represented in games. Not all of us are extremely thin flat stick figure types, but if you look at our game here you’d think that that’s the way all humans are. I’d just say we need more body modification options in makeover kits to make certain areas bigger if we want.

Posted by: Zerthi.5493

Zerthi.5493

So enjoy making wishlist, so i want:
Boobilizer, and other similar staff – thx

Posted by: ChanxThexMan.1078

ChanxThexMan.1078

If they bring in boob sliders, I WANT BULGE SLIDERS!

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

20g says these new cosmetic additions would be included in a total makeover kit :P

NSPride <3

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

If they bring in boob sliders, I WANT BULGE SLIDERS!

I want all of my charrs to have massive floppy bulges

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: Artorius.6178

Artorius.6178

kitten to the no, no B&S or TERA like armor in GW2 please, hell no, it’s not the setting or game for it, and it shouldn’t be bend out of shape to make it that way either.

Want half naked oily skin girls, go play TERA or B&S, just like I did, and leave it out of GW2.

Luciana Aventius – Ranger – Gandara

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

Bulge slider for justice!

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

i thought this was about traits at first. i am disappointed.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

That’s speciest.

I agree though. It would nice if they had a selection of voices to choose from. It would be nice to use a total makeover kit for it instead of just selecting a voice during character creation.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Voice options would be nice. It would likely have to be clientside though.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

Ellie.5913

I think its funny and just really weird how other people get offended by how you make your own personal character. Why can’t we have more options to modify our characters to make them how we want them, I really don’t see how it bothers anyone else they don’t have to look at it. I find some people’s characters extremely annoying to look at so I just stop looking at them, easy solution.

(edited by Ellie.5913)

Posted by: ChavaStark.9147

ChavaStark.9147

New accessory dyes

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

There used to be a time when Charr claws could have been customized with the makeover kits. I wonder why they got rid of it.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Norn with scottish accent, i will pay!!! Make it happen pretty Please.

what about nordic, the one culture the whole race is based on.
now it’s just a deep voice yet still american.