Del accounts, trans. worlds, account vault...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheBreadTruck.5098

TheBreadTruck.5098

Hey guys, long story short I played the game on release but, because of rl problems, had to stop a few months after starting. Me and my friends have decided to pick it up again, but are currently on different servers, and because we’re all different levels (and to save the cost of a transfer) we’re happy to delete our accounts and start levelling new toons on a mutual server. We came up with the plan because we heard that, if you have no characters, you can change server freely?

Another question is about the account vault and wallet; there seems to be conflicting information online about it. Does your bank, collections and wallet (as they are technically “account bound”) remain intact and in place if you delete all your accounts and switch server? Logic dictates they would but we just want to be sure because we have a lot of mats we could sell if they aren’t going to follow us over.

Cheers in advance guys, really appreciate any help on this!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

When you delete all your characters to enable a transfer at no cost, all your account-bound items (that are banked) transfer with you. Only soul-bound items will no longer be viable.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World#Transferring

Remember, Guild Vaults will not transfer, and there is a 7-day cool-down between Server selections.

Good luck.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Unless you really need to play WvW together there is not reason to be on the same server. Just join party click on the character icon of your friend and join them in whatever zone you are in.
Every aspect of the game except for WvW can be done from all servers in the same district (EU or NA) you can’t guest or play together cross district/server farm.

TheBreadTruck.5098

Awesome, I’m assuming that the wallet and collections will follow across as well? It’s the Collections part that I think we’re all really worried about tbh =P

TheBreadTruck.5098

Yargesh, I think it’s more the adventure of starting out the game on new accounts together; we’d rather have ties to the same server so that we can guild together etc.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes, the Wallet and Bank Collections are account-bound, and will transfer with you. Everything that is not soul-bound will transfer, with the exception of Guild-related items (Influence, Vault access, etc.)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

If you have not build up any soulbound items then there is nothing stopping you deleting and transferring. It is a good way to move around low level accounts actually, just pointing out other options.

TheBreadTruck.5098

Brilliant, thank you so much guys! =D

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I would add if you have any soulbound stuff that could be salvaged, like higher level rare armor, that wont transfer itself you can at least salvage it for mats/ecto and take that with you. Also, don’t forget your inventory bags! Just sayin

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon