Delete me please

Delete me please

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ShelBlackblood.7826

ShelBlackblood.7826

My question was answered, can a mod please delete this topic? Thank you ;)

(edited by ShelBlackblood.7826)

Delete me please

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Have you just made this post simply to rock the boat some more or are you genuinely asking?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Delete me please

ShelBlackblood.7826

Rock… the boat…?
No really, I’m asking since I want to enter this thing again.

Gosh, I need to stop writing things to sarcastically.

Edit: I only want to know if its still possible :)

Delete me please

penelopehannibal.8947

As you said

“PS: don’t ban me pls, i’m just bored c:”

then I’m sure you’re aware that it’s probably not allowed, so I wouldn’t risk it. I’ll just leave it at that.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Delete me please

ShelBlackblood.7826

Well, people wrote about it 2 years ago and didn’t get banned + I’m not even getting any advantage or intervere with other players while trying to reach that area… hmm. People to worse things and don’t get banned, but I’m aware that my post “can” be deleted anytime.

Guess I will leave this topic here for about an hour and delete it afterwards (hopefully with an helpful answer). But thx for your concerns.

Delete me please

Posted by: Lacrisma.1540

Lacrisma.1540

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3efzmi/someone_got_permabanned_for_map_breaking/

Pretty sure you’re trying to “rock the boat” at this point.

Delete me please

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

As you said

then I’m sure you’re aware that it’s probably not allowed, so I wouldn’t risk it. I’ll just leave it at that.

what would be not allowed about it??

he isnt exploiting anything
and he is not using any third party mechanics or hacks to get there

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Delete me please

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

First of all, you aren’t exploiting anything so I wouldn’t know why you would get punishment for this.

Back on topic I think it has been disabled for a long time now (About 1.5yrs?). I remember WoodenPotatoes mentioning it in one of his video’s a loooooong time ago. Still kinda curious what their idea behind this room was

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

Delete me please

penelopehannibal.8947

As you said

he isnt exploiting anything and not using any third party mechanics or hacks to get there

I don’t really want to have a protracted conversation about this topic, but I will answer this.

I don’t know if it is or not bannable for that particular area, since there are no mining nodes, no POI, Vistas or Jumping Puzzles etc to access.

However, it would become dangerous territory if ArenaNet started saying some kinds of map breaking is ok, but others aren’t, so for this reason and in my view it is probably best if ArenaNet adopts a zero tolerance policy on map breaking on purpose.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Delete me please

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

As you said

he isnt exploiting anything and not using any third party mechanics or hacks to get there

I don’t really want to have a protracted conversation about this topic, but I will answer this.

I don’t know if it is or not bannable for that particular area, since there are no mining nodes, no POI, Vistas or Jumping Puzzles etc to access.

However, it would become dangerous territory if ArenaNet started saying some kinds of map breaking is ok, but others aren’t, so for this reason and in my view it is probably best if ArenaNet adopts a zero tolerance policy on map breaking on purpose.

they would have to ban TONS of players then.. xD
pretty much every player i know used a map breakout at some point

i use it all the time for the fun of exploring and finding awesome screenshot places
i am well aware that i can be banned for abusing a map breakout to get an actual game advantage out of it (even if it was just a small one)
thats why i pay attention to not do so ^^

but to be honest…
the biggest advantage you could get out of map breaking is skipping Jumping Puzzles …but who would do that? …. jp loot is 99% crap … you do the jp for the fun! xD

for me map breaking makes the WHOLE world of gw2 into one giant Jumping Puzzle
this gives me sooo much more playable content

map glitching is like 33% of my endgame content in GW2

edit:
PvP / WvW map glitches should always be fixed
even though it would be nice to have them to glitch out for fun at anytime…
but there are too many stupid players who try to exploit those things

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Delete me please

ShelBlackblood.7826

First of all, you aren’t exploiting anything so I wouldn’t know why you would get punishment for this.

Back on topic I think it has been disabled for a long time now (About 1.5yrs?). I remember WoodenPotatoes mentioning it in one of his video’s a loooooong time ago. Still kinda curious what their idea behind this room was

Thank you The V! It’s a bit sad because I really liked that area for its unique weirdness and a bit of a “light-nostalgia”, but at least now I know for sure that it’s not meant to be visited again.

Ty, I will delete this topic now.

Delete me please

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

There used to be more bugs surrounding this though they fixed those. I had a party once get permanent boons from an area that was through map breaking and reported it. Supposedly that was fixed though. IMO it’s cool but just watch some YouTube videos or something about it.

Delete me please

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3efzmi/someone_got_permabanned_for_map_breaking/

Pretty sure you’re trying to “rock the boat” at this point.

ChrisCleary 168 punten 3 uur geleden*
Breaking out of an map is not something we would normally ban for unless it was being maliciously used. That being said, some breakouts require useage of a bug to perform them and may look overly suspicious to a GM that may be trailing you. I’ll look into it.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Delete me please

Posted by: Lacrisma.1540

Lacrisma.1540

ChrisCleary 168 punten 3 uur geleden*
Breaking out of an map is not something we would normally ban for unless it was being maliciously used. That being said, some breakouts require useage of a bug to perform them and may look overly suspicious to a GM that may be trailing you. I’ll look into it.

Well, people wrote about it 2 years ago and didn’t get banned + I’m not even getting any advantage or intervere with other players while trying to reach that area… hmm. People to worse things and don’t get banned, but I’m aware that my post “can” be deleted anytime..

This was in no way about him possibly abusing bugs (you can’t use the login-glitch in dungeons) but rather about him posting this right after (or during) the map-breaking-ban-drama which looks like trying to provoke the Devs into a quicker reply on the topic (Chris is currently looking into it, as you stated).

While I agree that a clarification on the whole “is breaking out of the map okay” thing would be nice, if this post was intended to stir up drama (as penelopehannibal.8947 asked), it’s really just unnecessary.

But yeah. Mainly about bad timing and giving the “but others did it so it should be okay” reply.

Then again, his question is answered so it all should be fine now.

Delete me please

ShelBlackblood.7826

@Lacrisma

God… I didn’t know this happened only 10 hours ago. Now I really feel bad.
Usually I post in the german forums if I want to know something, but it always takes hours before people respond at this late time (it’s 2am in the morning over here) so I decided to give it a try in the english one. I really didn’t want to urge anyone to answer to the topic from the reddit post (I don’t even visit reddit on a daily basis). Sorry, really…!

My timing was never as bad as this, I shoked myself with this one.
Delete this topic fast, please