Deleted characters eligible for gifts?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

My account is 4 years old but a year ago I decided to start fresh and deleted my 4 year old. Now there are coolio backpacks

I figure I already know the answer but I was wondering if anyone else was in this situation

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Unfortunately it’s based on the age of the character not the account. If you don’t have a 4 year old character (currently, deleted ones don’t count) you will not get a 4th birthday gift.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I feel your pain… :P I’m a mainoholic who rerolled her main three times just because of race change and rerolled profession once (Ranger main to Necro). I’ve been here since beta (more like since GW1!) and no b-day gifts for me. Most other MMOs look at account age instead of character age so GW2 is weird. Oh well. Unlucky for people like me. XD

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Getting different birthday gifts depending on the age of your character has been known since year 2.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

They recently added the ability to support to undelete characters. However certain restrictions do apply. You could contact support and discuss it with them to see if you char is able to be undeleted. You should check though to make sure that the original birthday is kept an it won’t be a day one char when it’s undeleted.

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

I feel your pain… :P I’m a mainoholic who rerolled her main three times just because of race change and rerolled profession once (Ranger main to Necro). I’ve been here since beta (more like since GW1!) and no b-day gifts for me. Most other MMOs look at account age instead of character age so GW2 is weird. Oh well. Unlucky for people like me. XD

the struggle is real. i delete characters and re-boost them for fun in all my RPGs. i guess no backpack for me. ill see if support can help me un-delete one of em

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

the struggle is real. i delete characters and re-boost them for fun in all my RPGs. i guess no backpack for me. ill see if support can help me un-delete one of em

It’s good to know I’m not the only person who does that! Good luck! I might try as well, I didn’t know that was possible.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

ANet has always done the bday gifts based on each char and not account.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Highly doubt that an un-delete is gonna happen, but do let us know…

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I do this a lot in games, either because I want to change something or because I feel like starting over.

In GW2 though I settle for having a spare character slot. I did re-make 2 of my characters to change them, but I tried to avoid doing it too much specifically because I knew from GW1 that birthday gifts would be character-specific.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Highly doubt that an un-delete is gonna happen, but do let us know…

Yea I guess they can undelete if you say to them within a week but 4 years down the line highly unlikely

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

I know they can undelete a character deleted a year ago…I deleted my only Mesmer whom I had crafted to 80 and couldn’t figure out how to play.

I had read a thread on Reddit which stated that if you sent in a ticket with your deleted character’s name, race, and profession that there was a shot at getting it back…a shot, not a definite promise of success.

So, I bought a character slot, sent in a ticket with the required info, crossed my fingers, and I got her back!!!!! She even had her third birthday gift waiting for me in her mail box

Only fly in the ointment is I still do not know how to play a Mesmer

Lisa-Happy Camper

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

If you do get the characters back, choose the backpack wisely. There is only one we can have per account.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

For the OP:

it can’t hurt to ask support if they can help you out. If you created your first (deleted) character during headstart, you were a pre-purchasers and they might figure out a way to accommodate you.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”