Deleting Useless Legendary Crafting Trophies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

After I made the precursor for Astralaria, the Mechanism, I should be able to simply get rid of the trophy items. But the process is rather complicated. First, I have to figure out if I can actually get rid of the item since the item itself lacks much of a description. If I do find out I can get rid of it I can’t vendor the trophies and if I want to delete them I have to type out the full name of every item. This seems impractical and totally not fun to do. I’m talking about items like these (I got at least 10 of them):

Astralaria Vol. 4
Celestial Cartographer’s Gear
Tyrian Constellation Almanac

Honestly, I feel bad for those who are dyslexic because it must take them quite a lot of time to clear the inventory of useless items.

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

I agree that they really should mark items better – they already have the standard text about item only having value in a collection, they should use it more!

As a workaround to make confirming deletion a little easier, shift-click the item. That adds its name to the chat. You can then cut & paste it into the confirmation box. You’ll just have to remove the brackets at each end of the name.

Posted by: OniGiri.9461

OniGiri.9461

I agree here. I made dawn, dusk and mechanism by doing the collections and its super annoying.

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Lets not forget the fact that we can’t click on the pop up UI (that appears on the bottom right of screen) every time we earn a new achievement. like… what.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think for legendary collection/crafting items the best solution would be for them to disappear when you’re finished with them. When you complete the collection they’re part of or craft whatever you need to make with them they should be removed from your inventory.

Some of them do work that way but others don’t. I was surprised when I finished making The Legend and I was left with The Bifrost Vol.3 item – which unlocks the final collection. I held onto it until I’d finished The Bifrost just in case, then decided to keep it for nostalgia (alongside the characters Hero’s Band). But it would have been helpful to know when I was done with it and could get rid of it if I wanted to.

(The same goes for other collection items, like the ones from the Lake Doric map.)

Honestly, I feel bad for those who are dyslexic because it must take them quite a lot of time to clear the inventory of useless items.

It’s not that bad, since the name is displayed in the window you can just copy it, or if it’s really tricky copy and paste from the Wiki.

I imagine for someone who isn’t dyslexic having to do that seems like a lot of extra effort but for me it just seems normal. Just like I don’t notice that I read slower than other people except when I’m in a meeting and someone says “I’ll give you some time to read through that” and then wants to move on when I’m just getting through the 2nd paragraph.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s not that bad, since the name is displayed in the window you can just copy it, or if it’s really tricky copy and paste from the Wiki.

As someone suffering from right|left and mirror dyslexia, I can tell you that I cannot replicate displayed text the way you describe, especially for unusual words. You can spell the word aloud, I can be looking at it, and saying it aloud myself, and my hands will still reverse letters.

I imagine for someone who isn’t dyslexic having to do that seems like a lot of extra effort but for me it just seems normal. Just like I don’t notice that I read slower than other people except when I’m in a meeting and someone says “I’ll give you some time to read through that” and then wants to move on when I’m just getting through the 2nd paragraph.

In this case, I just avoid the extra work: I start to link the item in chat (ctrl+click), copy that, then delete, and paste into the name field (then remove the square brackets). It’s actually faster than typing the name manually, regardless of spelling prowess.

That said, I’d welcome any/all of the following changes:

• Every collection item should say if it’s only part of a collection (or if it needs to be kept for xyz).
  • Every collection item should have a vendor value.
  • The legendary collection NPCs (in LA) should have a “sell all” option for collection items.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”