Deleting day 1 character

Deleting day 1 character

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

Hello, I’d like to reroll my Charr guardian into a Norn one. Problem is, my current guardian is my first character and I’m afraid I won’t be getting birthday gifts from the time I first opened my account.
Is it true? Or am I still going to get birthday gifts on my the date my accounts was first opened?

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Deleting day 1 character

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Yes you will loose your birthday gifts. Birthday gifts are tied to each individual character not account.

Deleting day 1 character

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Birthday gifts are tied to each character individually on an account. If you delete your first day toon, you will lose that characters birthday progress forever. Re rolling the name will not save it.

Deleting day 1 character

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Char slots are available for 800 gems at the gemstore.

(Only solution if you don’t want to lose your birthday gifts.)

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Deleting day 1 character

Posted by: Baamoink.4281

Baamoink.4281

Create a new character and a couple of renaming contracts. Rename your first to something else, then Rename your new character to the first characters name.

Guild: Mantle Assasins [MA] – Guild Leader
Server: Far Shiverpeaks EU

Deleting day 1 character

SrebX.6498

It’s not about the name, it’s about the character slot really… :/ Guess I’ll just give up another character then.

Thanks

Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Deleting day 1 character

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

If you’ve been in the game long enough to be worrying about birthdays then surely you can scrape together enough gold to buy an extra char slot. 800 gems cost about 150 gold at present rates.

Deleting day 1 character

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Hello, I’d like to reroll my Charr guardian into a Norn one.

Traitor. You deserve EVERYTHING bad that happens to you, for the crime of Not Being Charr.

Deleting day 1 character

Posted by: LordSaa.8357

LordSaa.8357

All i know in this is even a mail you get says with a red text that if you delete a character..blah blah..
Its going to happen what you are afraid of…

Deleting day 1 character

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Think of this positively! You’ll get another Queen Jenna mini! (once your new character will turn 1)

Deleting day 1 character

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Kind of off topic but something strange happened to one of my newer alts recently. That is he got his first birthday gift yet I only created him last year Just before HOT came out. However I did create a dif char in that same slot about a year before. But I deleted him after getting world complete and doing LS2 just before HOT came to create the other char. So I am wondering if there could be a glitch or a recent change to this possibly?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Deleting day 1 character

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Hello, I’d like to reroll my Charr guardian into a Norn one. Problem is, my current guardian is my first character and I’m afraid I won’t be getting birthday gifts from the time I first opened my account.
Is it true? Or am I still going to get birthday gifts on my the date my accounts was first opened?

Charr guardian you said? In that case, screw the birthday gifts and purge this abomination for good.

(… as others have pointed out, the birthday-gifts are character-bound. However, there are several items that end up being account-bound, such as the scrolls, minis or dye. If you have other characters created around launch, I don’t think that deleting this char(r ) is much of an issue).

Deleting day 1 character

SrebX.6498

Charr guardian you said? In that case, screw the birthday gifts and purge this abomination for good.

(… as others have pointed out, the birthday-gifts are character-bound. However, there are several items that end up being account-bound, such as the scrolls, minis or dye. If you have other characters created around launch, I don’t think that deleting this char(r ) is much of an issue).

He was created several months after launch, meaning he still doesn’t have his 3rd birthday gift but should get it soon…
Anyhow, I guess I’ll just delete another character or something
Scraping 150g when I’m trying to save up for other stuff is kinda tough.

Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Deleting day 1 character

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Just pay 10€ if you don’t have the gold.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Deleting day 1 character

Posted by: XunlaiSpy.9384

XunlaiSpy.9384

How many slots / professions do you have on your account? If you have less than 8 slots, I would recommend holding out for the 3rd birthday gift and work towards the gems for an extra character slot (Norn / some profession you don’t yet have) in the mean-time vs re-rolling immediately.

You might get a valuable dye from the Celebratory Dye Pack which you can then sell / trade and exchange the gold for gems.

Rack up achievement points. Every 5000 points awards 400 gems.

If you still don’t have 800 gems by the 3rd birthday, you can then decide to re-roll a Norn. You will have at least received the birthday gift. Though, if you’re still playing in a year from now, you might regret not waiting out for the 4th birthday gift if it’s any good …

Deleting day 1 character

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

You might get a valuable dye from the Celebratory Dye Pack which you can then sell / trade and exchange the gold for gems.

Celebratory dye pack doesn’t work like you think. These dye’s are acc-bound.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Deleting day 1 character

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Charr Guardians are awesome. IMO, your basic premise is wrong. Un less you have too many Charr (Hard, but possible).

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Deleting day 1 character

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

I made the mistake of deleting two of my day 1 characters back during the Battle for Lions Arch update. I still regret it to this day.

Deleting day 1 character

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Hello, I’d like to reroll my Charr guardian into a Norn one.

Traitor. You deserve EVERYTHING bad that happens to you, for the crime of Not Being Charr.

I agree with this, that’s why I have 4 warriors. One human, one male Norn, one female Norn and my Charr. As people have said. It’s only about 150 gold for a slot if you don’t want to spend real money.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|