Deluxe Edition vs Heroic Edition

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pilourse.9174

pilourse.9174

Sorry but I am wondering why the people who bought the Deluxe Edition in the past don’t have the credit for the Heroic Edition. Strangely, I bought my deluxe edition maybe 4-5 months before the game official release and now, people that never played that game have better benifit (for a price less) for the same thing I bought…

Can someone of ANET explain this to me please ?

Thank You and have a great day

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Sales, price drops, not “new” product on the market needing a new price…

Take your pick. Welcome to how the world of pricing works. It’s not just this game, but all things.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

pilourse.9174

I understand the sale price don’t worry. I just don’t understand why they give benefit to other for the same thing older players bought.

pilourse.9174

Keep the deluxe edition, make an Heroic edition at 5$ more with new benefit I would say, ok it’s fair. But changing the deluxe for heroic at the same price…. Not fair for player who spent their money on the deluxe edition before.

Posted by: Vaxx.3178

Vaxx.3178

Keep the deluxe edition, make an Heroic edition at 5$ more with new benefit I would say, ok it’s fair. But changing the deluxe for heroic at the same price…. Not fair for player who spent their money on the deluxe edition before.

You bought a 2010 VW Jetta in ’10. A person in buys a 2010 Jetta in ’13. Would you be upset that they paid less for the car?

Its life. Not that hard to understand.

Posted by: Flower Lyssa.8012

Flower Lyssa.8012

Well, the Heroic Edition offers less stuff than the Deluxe one, not sure I understand that argument. However, I’d very much appreciate it if existing CE and DE owners could get the Mithril box, XP boosters and Legacy Armor (which better be different from HoM armor). For free.

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

The deluxe Edition gives less but its not the same deluxe edition we bought when the game first came out. It comes with a gem store armour (profane, Primeval or kytan) it also has the mithril box. By the time this benefit came out pretty much everyone has the 18 slots on their characters if not higher.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

The armor set that you get with the Heroic edition is your choice of one of the first three 800 gem armors. Profane and whatever the other ones are called.

Edit – I was slow to respond.

Teh Ouchies

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Well, the Heroic Edition offers less stuff than the Deluxe one, not sure I understand that argument. However, I’d very much appreciate it if existing CE and DE owners could get the Mithril box, XP boosters and Legacy Armor (which better be different from HoM armor). For free.

According to Reddit the legacy armor is a choice of the three original armor sets you could buy on the gem store (profane, krytan or primeval).

One question here… why is it that software gets such a different standard than physical goods? I mean, if you buy a cell phone yesterday, and tomorrow the store starts including a free SD card with every cell phone, nobody expects them to go trough their records to give a free SD to everyone that bought a cell phone in the last year, yet lots of people do expect it if new items are added to a game a year after release (and I’m not talking about here, I’ve seen it on LOTS of games that do something like this)

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

Flower Lyssa.8012

According to Reddit the legacy armor is a choice of the three original armor sets you could buy on the gem store (profane, krytan or primeval).

One question here… why is it that software gets such a different standard than physical goods? I mean, if you buy a cell phone yesterday, and tomorrow the store starts including a free SD card with every cell phone, nobody expects them to go trough their records to give a free SD to everyone that bought a cell phone in the last year, yet lots of people do expect it if new items are added to a game a year after release (and I’m not talking about here, I’ve seen it on LOTS of games that do something like this)

Well, on my end, it’s ArenaNet-specific. For years, in Guild Wars 1, they refused to offer features from Prophecies’ CE (or other CEs) because they were “rewards for our early supporters”. As an early buyer of a CE/Digital Deluxe Edition, I feel like my early support is not rewarded at the same level as brand new buyers.

Yes, my main toon has an 18-slot box, but my lower-level alts could all use one, and some XP boosters too.

ETA: I’m not much of a nice-skin addict, so I care much less about the legacy armors, but I don’t discount them entirely.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Self-entitlement. They believe because they purchased the deluxe edition in the past, they’re entitled to any additional items to it in the future.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

If you really want the heroic stuff. Just buy it off the gem shop individually. Not hard. Not exclusive.

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

I figure if there is a way for you to get whatever the new additions are, then you can’t really complain. And in this case, you do have access to 18 slot boxes, profane armor and experience boosters, if you really want them (just like with a real life limited edition, you could always buy the new limited edition if you wanted the new items).

It’s only when they add items that previous special edition owners can’t get at all that it becomes a problem (like the wizard hat once upon a time). Not really the case here.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I bought the Deluxe edition at game launch. Of this new edition I think it has NOTHING I would even care for and to me the Deluxe is far, far, far superior.

Moving on.

Edit – Actually I have previously bought the Medium Armour skins that this gives for free but I do not feel entitled to get this again for free. Besides that I don’t want every tom, Jane and harry running around (for free) in the armours that I paid EXTRA real cash for. :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not sure…would you be willing to give up the near-year headstart you got with your original DDE for the 3 items from the Heroic Edition included in the current DDE?
Because that is the advantage you have over those purchasing a DDE with some extra items today.

Food for thought.

Posted by: Sanctus.8350

Sanctus.8350

You paid for the deluxe edition, you received the deluxe edition; where is the problem?

You sign up for 40mbps internet, later on your ISP comes out with 80mbps internet; would you expect them to switch you to the newer service for free?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

A friend of mine had his account temporarily suspended and when his account got access to the game again last night, he got the gifts from the new Heroic Edition.

Seems like a bug to me that somehow because Anet reactivated his account again during this weekend, the software handled it like it was a new heroic edition account.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I dunno, I don’t really care. Its common for them to change items as time progresses. And it’ll be a year now so they have to offer something a little different I suppose.

edit: Nvm, noticed they are still selling the Deluxe too? Was confused because it made it sound like this was taking Deluxe’s place, which is not the case.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

As “Digital Deluxe Edition” owners ANET should upgrade ours to the new edition by adding the items not received in the new edition for a small fee, but, since it is offered at a significantly lower price there should be no charge for adding said upgrades to our account.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If you really want to you can “upgrade” any existing account to a Heroic edition in 4 easy steps.

1. Buy some gems (can’t get in-game to check how many exactly)
2. Buy the armor skin of your choice – Profane, Krytan or Primeval
3. Buy some boosters
4. Buy an 18 slot box from the TP.

Congratulations, you have the new edition!

Seriously I don’t understand why anyone is bothered by this. New players buying this edition don’t get anything we don’t have. It’s all stuff that’s been available in-game since launch. And until now the general consensus on the forum has been that the armor skins look ugly and the only reason anyone would buy them is because the medium one doesn’t have a trenchcoat.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Genso.4356

Genso.4356

If you really want to you can “upgrade” any existing account to a Heroic edition in 4 easy steps.

1. Buy some gems (can’t get in-game to check how many exactly)
2. Buy the armor skin of your choice – Profane, Krytan or Primeval
3. Buy some boosters
4. Buy an 18 slot box from the TP.

Congratulations, you have the new edition!

1. 500 Gems (31 Gold…well cheap…)
2. Ok
3. 10 Booster = 1100 Gems (70 Gold…..of course, that sounds cheap)
4. Mithirlbox 18 Slots (2,5 Gold)

You got that money, send me pls….

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

It’s the “normal” cycle of things. When an “old” product need to be sold vs new competing products, the old product must be compelling enough. The changes could be:
a) Cheaper price, you can see a lot of old game for bargain price compared to when they originally released. The same can be said for actual product, appliances, etc.
b) Better add-ons, some games when they get old, they bundle even the expansion for an even cheaper price. The same can be said for other things other than game, for example, a car could be fitted with better decals or additional car alarm

And it can be a combination of those above or even more…

So yeah, it’s a typical thing, nothing too surprising.

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

Flower Lyssa.8012

Actually, I don’t mind the Heroic Edition per se. The improved Digital Deluxe, though? Not very happy about it (not angry and resentful, just disappointed). Early supporters of special editions should have some exclusives. Current Digital Deluxe buyers get all the stuff early buyers got, plus bonus stuff.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

It’s the “normal” cycle of things. When an “old” product need to be sold vs new competing products, the old product must be compelling enough. The changes could be:
a) Cheaper price, you can see a lot of old game for bargain price compared to when they originally released. The same can be said for actual product, appliances, etc.
b) Better add-ons, some games when they get old, they bundle even the expansion for an even cheaper price. The same can be said for other things other than game, for example, a car could be fitted with better decals or additional car alarm

And it can be a combination of those above or even more…

So yeah, it’s a typical thing, nothing too surprising.

Yeah adding new stuff is not the problem but to bind with the people that supported them in the beginning it would be nice if ‘for example’ every person with an deluxe / CE edition would also have gotten a mail with the newly added stuff.

However it is a trend we are seeing. They do the same with gem-buyers presents. People who buy gems get presents once in a while. While those that payed extra in the beginning with deluxe or CE editions (and maybe are willing to pay again for expansions but don’t do gems) get nothing.

They are desperately trying to get new players but forget there existing players in the meantime. Meaning they lose more and more players making them even more desperate to try and get new players. It’s a visual circle down.

Didn’t you also notice how Anet interaction with the forum-threads have been declining since release? It’s a symptom of this path they are walking.

(edited by Devata.6589)