Demo character slot

Demo character slot

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Freezy.4952

Freezy.4952

Q:

Will the beta demo character be something we get to keep?

Progression, items, etc. are lost, but what about character appearance?

(edited by Freezy.4952)

Demo character slot

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

A:

As per the text on the loading screen states, you do not keep any progress or anything else.

The Burninator

Demo character slot

Posted by: Palimow.6342

Palimow.6342

no. nothing related to the demo is kept.

Demo character slot

Posted by: Starfyre.5743

Starfyre.5743

My demo char is using some of my ascended weapons/jewelry and such, will it be deleted if I forget to unequip it and put it back in my bank? If I need to put it back, what time does this demo end so I know to put back before it gets perma gone. :O

Star

Demo character slot

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

you have a bigger chance that everything from that character is gone after the demo is over.

Demo character slot

Freezy.4952

It does seem rather weird that name and appearance would be lost and items put into the character as well.

I can understand losing progression and training being reset to 0.

Perhaps they could put the character into a kind of stasis, with an option to transfer the character into an empty character slot.

(edited by Freezy.4952)

Demo character slot

Freezy.4952

My demo char is using some of my ascended weapons/jewelry and such, will it be deleted if I forget to unequip it and put it back in my bank? If I need to put it back, what time does this demo end so I know to put back before it gets perma gone. :O

put something into the bank, then take a look on your non-demo characters.
you will notice that the bank was duplicated to a test server, so nothing between account and demo is shared.

Demo character slot

Posted by: Starfyre.5743

Starfyre.5743

Phew thats good to know, thanks Freezy. My main can stop being naked now then!

Star

Demo character slot

Posted by: Taberis.8341

Taberis.8341

put something into the bank, then take a look on your non-demo characters.
you will notice that the bank was duplicated to a test server, so nothing between account and demo is shared.

This is sweet then, as I can just “undress” and bank one of my characters, then create a demo character with full ascended. Of course gotta make sure to redress the character afterwards

Demo character slot

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Be aware however that changes to items in your bank and shared slots are shared between demo characters.

I made one character, used several bank access expresses and a total makeover kit (hey, why not, it doesn’t matter right?) then deleted her and made a new one and was surprised to find the kit and expresses gone.

They are still there for all my permanent characters, just not for my new demo character.

So if you do give one ascended armour, infinite gathering tools or anything else you might want to use again during the demo make sure you put it back in the bank before deleting them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Demo character slot

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

The demo character will stay and be saved until the demo period is over. Is that statement accurate? Not had time to check… Ta!

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up