Demographics

Demographics

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

A couple years ago a demographic was made of over 10,000 participants who gave a bunch of statistical info on what their race/class was. This was before HoT so there was no Revenant. Does anyone know if there has been a more recent demographic poll with many entries? And if so could you link it please?

Certified Gameaholic

Demographics

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Is this something gw2efficiency can display? Just a thought. I can’t check right now.

Demographics

circuitnerd.5863

Is this something gw2efficiency can display? Just a thought. I can’t check right now.

I tried looking there but I didn’t see anything

Certified Gameaholic

Demographics

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

that is not allowed here at all per Ms Gray . if this link works right on page 5 Ms Gray makes very clear on these topics . https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Legendary-Armor-Feedback-merged/6566949

and the last person that tried to post strawpolls . well we think he met duhm from gw :P

no new system upgrades coming

Demographics

circuitnerd.5863

that is not allowed here at all per Ms Gray . if this link works right on page 5 Ms Gray makes very clear on these topics . https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Legendary-Armor-Feedback-merged/6566949

and the last person that tried to post strawpolls . well we think he met duhm from gw :P

I think she means polls as in voting polls. Not what people play as far as race/gender/classes. Seems a bit hypocritical if that’s what they mean though since they released an actual demographic made by them at year 1.

Certified Gameaholic

Demographics

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

You could always pm Ms Gray and ask for clarification

Demographics

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I am quite disapointed that we never got another such note after year 1.

I am mostly curious what amount of cute fluffy dolyaks we are up to now. Year 1 we where at 23 million slaughtered. By now I am guessing we have surpassed the number of buffalo killed in the Americas by settlers and that took them the better part of a century.

Demographics

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Demographics

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Now they only need the pie chart of WvW classes too – 40% guardians, 40% necros, 20% “other”.

Demographics

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hey there,

The idea of players offering a poll or creating a demographic chart that represents favorites of any kind would be just fine. What we have a concern about is someone creating a poll whose results purport to present “certified, verified, irrefutable facts” related to matters of greater sensitivity.

For instance, we want to avoid incendiary or trollish polls, like “Should [person] be tarred and feathered [for doing something that the poll’s creator didn’t like].” That just has no place on the forums. Too, some poll platforms can be “adjusted” to ensure that the alleged outcome is exactly what the poll creator desires. This involves not just biased wording, but the actual configurations of the poll. Then, when the results are presented as “100% of players agree with [something]” the truth is “100% of players who participated in the poll and whose votes were registered and whose input was not disqualified or disabled in some way agree with [something].”

So we’re not opposed to polls as a whole, but ask that they be of a positive, constructive, or even just plain ol’ fun nature.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Demographics

Posted by: Riesty.9075

Riesty.9075

Hey there,

The idea of players offering a poll or creating a demographic chart that represents favorites of any kind would be just fine. What we have a concern about is someone creating a poll whose results purport to present “certified, verified, irrefutable facts” related to matters of greater sensitivity.

For instance, we want to avoid incendiary or trollish polls, like “Should [person] be tarred and feathered [for doing something that the poll’s creator didn’t like].” That just has no place on the forums. Too, some poll platforms can be “adjusted” to ensure that the alleged outcome is exactly what the poll creator desires. This involves not just biased wording, but the actual configurations of the poll. Then, when the results are presented as “100% of players agree with [something]” the truth is “100% of players who participated in the poll and whose votes were registered and whose input was not disqualified or disabled in some way agree with [something].”

So we’re not opposed to polls as a whole, but ask that they be of a positive, constructive, or even just plain ol’ fun nature.

could you ask please if it is possible to get newer statstics?
like some people mentioned anet did
https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/1c2c9GW2_Anniv_Infographic.jpg
from that blog/web side post along time ago
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-the-first-year/

would love to look at something similar 5 year mark

Demographics

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I vaguely recall a dev comment say it was quite a time consuming exercise to pull all those stats together, for no real gain considering how much work they have to do across the various contents being worked upon.

I agree about it being fun and interesting data, but it doesn’t really have a use and I’d not like to see precious dev time used up if it actually is a time thing.

Demographics

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

I vaguely recall a dev comment say it was quite a time consuming exercise to pull all those stats together, for no real gain considering how much work they have to do across the various contents being worked upon.

but it doesn’t really have a use and I’d not like to see precious dev time used up if it actually is a time thing.

I fully agree with you on this and remember when the drevs pointed that out over on reddit . not only that but I sure much rather see drevs spend time more working on the game its self than wasting time with poll numbers which for a 5 yr old game now . that really means noting at all . giving the very factual proof lot of people do not talk about this game any more nor do they even have hardly any people streaming the game any more unlike when it first came out back in 2012 . if the drevs was able to spend more time working on the game for us all . then maybe not holding breath but maybe even get something of super worth out of it . like supported SLI CROSS FIRE and be able to run all 1080 cards on the game fully . even tho we know these things will never ever come to pass . but yet for the greater good of the game much rather see drevs working on the game . then I would want to see them working on some stupid poll that means noting at all .

no new system upgrades coming

Demographics

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Hey there,

could you ask please if it is possible to get newer statstics?
like some people mentioned anet did
https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/1c2c9GW2_Anniv_Infographic.jpg
from that blog/web side post along time ago
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-the-first-year/

would love to look at something similar 5 year mark

I will see if we have something planned.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Demographics

Posted by: Mithos.9023

Mithos.9023

Would be nice to have an update on how guild wars 2 has changed over the time. Perfect would be if we could get some infos every year, for example on gw2 birthday. Just an idea: maybe you could do something like a mask that would automatically update itself every year, or month, week with some statistics.

We need build and gear-templates!!!!!!!!!!

Demographics

Riesty.9075

I will see if we have something planned.

thank you very much appreciate it
i realy would like to see some up to date numbers
if its to much work then fine focus on more important stuff
but i also not expect some one count the stuff with tooth and nail^^

Demographics

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I assume they won’t release infos or at least not all the infos be cause the HoT expansion underperformed and the actual playerbase is pretty low. Typical company policy. Look at WoW: after the population fell drastically, they just removed the ‘active player’ news completely.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Demographics

Riesty.9075

I assume they won’t release infos or at least not all the infos be cause the HoT expansion underperformed and the actual playerbase is pretty low. Typical company policy. Look at WoW: after the population fell drastically, they just removed the ‘active player’ news completely.

sure i also not expect that but something similar is possibl
for exampl

1 account numbers (without telling about activ oder inactiv)
maybe with a % of new f2p acc

2 race & proffesion

3 tp no idear

4 crafting disciples if all are include probably jeweler cook and scribe are last ones
who knows but if every one gets one day a smal new second hub with only raw racedesign to decorate at one point
it sure climbs up

5 dolyak that must be a lot now

6 and 7still possibl

8 yea maybe some numbers on actual living story

don t underestimate anets creativity i mean they could also come up with something like
how much gold was destroyed by spending it to that quaggan