Destroy or keep for a rainy day?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

Title says it all really. On top of the 500 each I have already, I have, being stored in in bank slots:

- 3,000 piles of bloodstone dust
- 1,500 Empyreal fragments
- 500 Bottles of airship oil

My dilemma is; should I destroy them or not?

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Keep. There’s 5-6 ‘eating’ entities now, that use them and give you loot bags for it. Since i have the most recent ones that eat a mix of two, i almost never get more of these items then i use up. So keep them and get the items that (like mawdrey II), and the item for clearing la stuff achievement, etc.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You could make Mawdrey, do the achievement for Herta, and/or do the achievement for the Empyreal and Bloodstone combo eater. That would take care of a lot of your bloodstone dust and empyreal fragments. As for airship oil, no idea. I, also, have tons of that sitting in my bank.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I recommend sentient anomoly and star of gratitude.
You could make Dragonite Ingots and Empyreal Stars, but Arenanet are doing the usual “ignore existing content, just make new systems all the time” thing with those.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Make a stockpile of Bloodstone Bricks and Empyreal Stars, something like 10-15. Feed the rest to eaters.
Airship Oil – destroy what doesn’t fit in your material storage.

Posted by: Jenstone.6891

Jenstone.6891

Keep.
I ate all my Empyreal shards then went to make ascended gear.
OPPSSSS.

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

A full set of Ascended armor + 2 One-handed Ascended Weapons will take 25 each Brick/Ingot/Star to make the Vision Crystals. More than that is pointless to save, they’re easy to get more of.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

• Bloodstone Dust: craft Toxic Focusing Crystals. 2g11s in costs to make 5 worth nearly 3g.
  • Use Airship Oil to make jeweled patches or dowels; huge profit in those (varies a lot with the market).
  • Empyreal Fragments can be used for Magnanimous Sharpening Stones useful in certain support builds.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Keep. There’s 5-6 ‘eating’ entities now, that use them and give you loot bags for it. Since i have the most recent ones that eat a mix of two, i almost never get more of these items then i use up. So keep them and get the items that (like mawdrey II), and the item for clearing la stuff achievement, etc.

those eating entities are such a horrible solution tbh

Each of them only eats up 150-250 per day (not even 1 stack guaranteed while you get more than that if you are an active player)
Each one produces a different loot bag….
Each loot bags gives you tons of crap with it so you sure have to spend a lot of time selling the crap in between before it fills up your inventory and you cant open more

They should just make all entities give out the same loot bag type and remove the limit of each eater so people can actually use them
but the way it is now is just a major annoyance

What i do atm is just what Illconveived described int he post above mine…
Because those eaters are so incredibly annoying and not worth the hassle

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

I kept mine, even created a storage character for the excess. After upgrading the mine on a small guild, I have no excess dust.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

Here’s a wiki link to the eaters/ converters: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Converter
Chasing down a few of them can be fun. Herta, in particular, is a fun achievement, eats a whole stack of bloodstone dust and gives you map currency if eaten in AB.

• Bloodstone dust can be useful if you craft. Use it to make toxic consumables or ley line tools.
  • Empyreal fragments are good to have when making ascended stuff but otherwise feed ’em to an eater.
  • If you’re not building up a guild hall, there’s not much need to keep airship oil. In small amounts it does go into making fulgrite (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fulgurite) for jeweled ascended mats or pieces for the regrow-Caladbolg quest. If you’re not working on those, dump ’em.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

You could make Dragonite Ingots and Empyreal Stars, but Arenanet are doing the usual “ignore existing content, just make new systems all the time” thing with those.

Cool, how do i get started on the Star of Gratitude?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

You could destroy the airship oil. I would refine a good amount of the others if you need ascended.

Find something to craft with the bloodstone though first.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Cool, how do i get started on the Star of Gratitude?

I’m not sure if this is a serious question or not, due to the fact that I know you’re not a new player. In case you’re serious, you wait until Wintersday to start the collection. You’ll get an in-game mail telling you to go help some orphans.

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

Thanks all – appreciate the replies!

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up