Destroyer scythe?

Destroyer scythe?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alex.3829

Alex.3829

I was browsing the staff section of the wardrobe and foud something i’ve never seen in the game before. The text says “destroyer scythe” and when i preview it does look like the scythes used by dervishes in GW1. Is this obtainable in-game or is it something we’re going to get in future patches?

Attachments:

Destroyer scythe?

Posted by: hedition.7261

hedition.7261

Looks cool O_o

Now watch destroyer lodestone price goes up after this post.

Destroyer scythe?

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

It’s a staff skin. I assume there is some way to acquire the skin outside of PvP.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Destroyer scythe?

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It’s not really a staff.

Well, same goes for Lawless armor.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Destroyer scythe?

Alex.3829

it’s a destroyer skin and it’s doesnt look like the staff or any other destroyer weapon currently available

Destroyer scythe?

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

It’s not really a staff.

Yet on the skin itself it says staff under the scythe part. Also Final Rest doesn’t look like a staff it looks like a scythe depending on the angles you look at it from.

There’s all sorts of stuff that look like something else.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Destroyer scythe?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

It’s not really a staff.

It IS a staff, if you check the description of the weapon you read “Staff”.
In my guild we were talking about it a couple days ago, but we got no where :P so far there are 2 destroyer staff skins but that one looks exactly like GW1 Destroyer Scythe for the dervishes.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Destroyer scythe?

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Yeah I saw it as well, when going through the staff skins. Tried searching for it on the TP and it couldn’t find it. Looking at the wiki page isn’t any help either. Doesn’t tell where to get it, and the info there (“Double-click to consume. Double-click to apply this look to any other staff.”) may or may not be true. I kinda want to get the skins, but don’t know where to look for it. Wonder if this is going to be another Final Rest (where it supposedly was "a bugged drop).

It’s not really a staff.

Yet on the skin itself it says staff under the scythe part. Also Final Rest doesn’t look like a staff it looks like a scythe depending on the angles you look at it from.

Well there is an actual Scythe skin. We just can’t get it anymore (other than paying really high price for it on the TP).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Destroyer scythe?

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

That is DEFINITELY the Destroyer Scyth from GW1, I have one over there. Sure wish they would bring over about 90% of the weapon and armor skins from GW1 they are like 1,000,000 times better looking than 98% of the crap in GW2.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Destroyer scythe?

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Yeah I saw it as well, when going through the staff skins. Tried searching for it on the TP and it couldn’t find it. Looking at the wiki page isn’t any help either. Doesn’t tell where to get it, and the info there (“Double-click to consume. Double-click to apply this look to any other staff.”) may or may not be true. I kinda want to get the skins, but don’t know where to look for it. Wonder if this is going to be another Final Rest (where it supposedly was "a bugged drop).

It’s not really a staff.

Well there is an actual Scythe skin. We just can’t get it anymore (other than paying really high price for it on the TP).

I think gw2database tells you how, but it’s blocked under my work filter as “gaming” so I can’t tell.

Destroyer scythe?

Alex.3829

even if it sais staff under it, it doesn’t look like one at all…..even final rest doesn’t have the gargoyle wing that long

Destroyer scythe?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Can’t get into the game at the moment to check – are there any other new destroyer skins besides staff? If there are, then maybe it will be the new Black Lion set?

Edit: found something interesting in http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Primordus_weapons

“These weapons used to be called Destroyer Weapons but were renamed in the April 2014 Feature Pack on April 15, 2014. "
So, possibly there are planned some Destroyer Weapons, and the name conflicted.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Destroyer scythe?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Can’t get into the game at the moment to check – are there any other new destroyer skins besides staff? If there are, then maybe it will be the new Black Lion set?

Sadly no, that “scythe” is the only different one for now.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Destroyer scythe?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Sadly no, that “scythe” is the only different one for now.

Ah, okay, got excited here for no reason :/

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Destroyer scythe?

Posted by: Mishee.5719

Mishee.5719

I will take this as a dervish “tease” confirm or atleast a scythe class.

Destroyer scythe?

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

Its currently in no way obtainable and staff is the only category to have a weird second destroyer weapon.
However, if you browse trough spears youll find that a lot of the random spears, like lionguard and such, have two weapons, named spear and harpoon of which one is the normal ingame obtainable version and the other a crappy quality version that is unobtainable.
I suspect these skins were in the database somehow and Anet thought in their missing knowledge they would be obtainable and added them to the locker.
However, new Black Lion weapon set sounds reasonable as well since all the existing destroyer weapons got renamed to primordus and what other reason could there be other than bring back the classic destroyer weapons.
But that i would find really crappy i mean they will not make even MORE flame themed stuff, which on top uses pretty much existing textures, right?
……r-riight?

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Destroyer scythe?

Posted by: Nagiil.1230

Nagiil.1230

Destroyer scythe?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

There is a regular Scythe in there as well.