Details of how you gain Mastery Points.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pugster.9378

pugster.9378

I don’t understand the details of how the gain of Mastery Points is calculated. In wiki, if says you gain Mastery by.

Entering a zone for the first time – Does this happen per character? Which zones?
Interacting with Maguuma Mastery Orb, a place of power
Completing a chapter in a character’s story – So I get 8 points for competing the whole story for one toon?
Completing achievements – What kind of achievements?
Finding secret locations – Where are the secret locations that gives you a point?
Defeating difficult enemies – Which ones? I got a point for killing the Karka Queen, but don’t know of any one else.
Performing well in the new adventure system
Earning 100% completion in maps – Again, is this per character and per zone?

Any details on this would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

You can see in the achievement section which achievements give the mastery point. Central Tyria ones are marked in red ‘tear’, and Jungle ones are marked in green ‘tear’.

And most (all?) Tyria mastery points are bound to achievements.

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

I just looked at the wiki page.

Wondering if the maguuma maps each give a mastery point, and is that per character?

I’m kinda hoping 100% map complete of each of the four new HoT maps can give 1 mastery point/char.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

its account bound so its 1 character only guys

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I am confused too as I looked at the wiki page and my HOT main does not jibe with their list but my tyria-only alt is much closer. For example, I am not getting ANY points at all for my personal story. I have also done the KQ multiple times and my main says the achievement is still outstanding.

None of the norn’s story is even listed in the achievements list. Since I only have 1 norn (and they have not started the story yet) I decided to do 1 chapter as an experiment. I got 10 AP (despite my main not showing it but my alt account seeing it in the list) but no mastery points.

If I should have gotten mastery points for each new chapter (so 3 per race, 3 per order, and 1 for each level of the pact) I am short a LOT of mastery points. A bug with HOT maybe? If so a vexing one for central Tyria players.

Posted by: pugster.9378

pugster.9378

I am confused too as I looked at the wiki page and my HOT main does not jibe with their list but my tyria-only alt is much closer. For example, I am not getting ANY points at all for my personal story. I have also done the KQ multiple times and my main says the achievement is still outstanding.

None of the norn’s story is even listed in the achievements list. Since I only have 1 norn (and they have not started the story yet) I decided to do 1 chapter as an experiment. I got 10 AP (despite my main not showing it but my alt account seeing it in the list) but no mastery points.

If I should have gotten mastery points for each new chapter (so 3 per race, 3 per order, and 1 for each level of the pact) I am short a LOT of mastery points. A bug with HOT maybe? If so a vexing one for central Tyria players.

Agreed. I got about 39 points and I have gotten various characters thru level 80 but I still can’t figure out how the central Tyria player Master points are calculated or what I am missing.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Looking at just the hero category at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero_%28achievements%29 I should have 18 points if I did nothing else. I have 13 points total (I have not totaled exactly where they came from). The ones I am missing:
Human story – 3 pts
Charr story – 3 pts
Sylvari story – 3 pts
Norn story – 1 pt (I have not done the PS for a Norn so tested a chapter last night)
Asura story – 3 pts
Priory arc – 1 pt
Vigil arc – 1 pt
Whispers arc – 1 pt
Claw Island – 1 pt
First character to 80 – 1 pt

Looks like I will be filing a support ticket tonight. I am hoping I will get those 18 points as I would like to get my pact commander line.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Looking at just the hero category at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero_%28achievements%29 I should have 18 points if I did nothing else. I have 13 points total (I have not totaled exactly where they came from). The ones I am missing:
Human story – 3 pts
Charr story – 3 pts
Sylvari story – 3 pts
Norn story – 1 pt (I have not done the PS for a Norn so tested a chapter last night)
Asura story – 3 pts
Priory arc – 1 pt
Vigil arc – 1 pt
Whispers arc – 1 pt
Claw Island – 1 pt
First character to 80 – 1 pt

Looks like I will be filing a support ticket tonight. I am hoping I will get those 18 points as I would like to get my pact commander line.

Have you logged in on every one of those characters at least once since HoT’s release?