Dev's this is why more don't play this game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iceman.9074

Iceman.9074

First, let me say there are many aspects to this game which are fantastic but there is one area it is lacking and I’m not sure how it can even be fixed with current system the way it is… dynamic leveling.

It offers the opportunity to play over the entire world of Guild Wars 2, to do map completion etc… but…………………………….

One of the primary reasons we all play MMO’s is the idea of being a warrior, mage, etc… and working our way to being super powerful eventually (leveling, new armor, etc…). This never actually happens in this game. I have a level 50 guardian, 26 warrior and 37 ranger yet no matter where I go I die and in most places multiple times while trying to accomplish objectives lower than my level.

I don’t know the answer to this issue but if there was a way to make end game characters feel powerful in their new armor, etc… I believe this would draw many more people to this game.

As it is now it gets very frustrating trying to accomplish quests and move around in the world when your constantly dying lol. I’m not the best at MMO’s but surely am not the worst either so I know its not just me. I have played many MMO’s and the progression of getting more efficient in your class, more powerful as time goes on makes the game more exciting and offers something to look forward to.

As it is now the end game is this… too see new looks of armor which is cool but that is pretty much it. In pvp doesn’t matter cause everyone has same gear. In Pve does not matter either because of the dynamic leveling of everything in the world

Anyway, just my 2 cents on why Guild Wars 2 does not have more people playing

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

Is this a thinly veiled ‘trinity’ thread?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

You really shouldn’t be dying too much in PvE if you are above lvl for the maps. What’s your class and is your gear level appropriate? Also what stats do you have on your gear and do you have extra heals through traits or utilities?

I have played all classes from 1-80 doing world completes and pretty much soloed all of it, every map 99% of the time. By the time I got to my second/third chars I was dying at most maybe 2-3 times (not counting WvW :P) I truly think you are making basic mistakes.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

I have a level 50 guardian, 26 warrior and 37 ranger yet no matter where I go I die and in most places multiple times while trying to accomplish objectives lower than my level.

I guess you need to…puts on sunglasses…l2p
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH
In all seriousness a lvl 80 char in full exotics will one shot most mobs in lower lvl areas,its just not like in wow where lower lvl areas are useless to a high lvl char since you get no xp or loot-here you can lvl up to 80 in queensdale if you want (I wouldn’t recommend it tho).The open world content is quite easy once you get the hang of dodging and moving around.Soooooo l2p i guess

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

1. Level 50 is not “end game”. What is your point?

2. Okay, I have to say it… Are you sure you know how to play your classes properly? As in, did you take a good look at your build and general strategy to maybe figure out what you could do to, y’know, stop dying? I’m asking because sometimes, a five minute Youtube clip is all it takes to go “Oh god, how did I not see this sooner?!”.

3. “End game” is good looks and nothing else? And how, exactly, do you know that without having played an “end game” toon? There’s dungeons, Fractals, WvW, achievements… take your pick, it’s all good.

4. And pleasepleasePLEASE stop assuming that YOUR complaints are the #1 reason people “don’t play the game”. That never looks good, even if the rest of the post in question is valid criticism.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

@Iceman RE: “no matter where I go I die and in most places multiple times while trying to accomplish objectives lower than my level.”

I can play just about any PVE area solo and hardly every die. Now to be honest I am just an average, and maybe below average player.
With tha in mind I am wondering if it may be your build or perhaps need a tactics adjustment?

Either way you are more than welcome to come to the Sea of Sorrows server 9-Midnight (Eastern Daylight Time -5) any night and I would be happy to help you out. We have voice and can talk you though your problem.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Speak for yourself. I personally play MMO’s so I can play with my friends; not so I can level up and then kill mobs simply by sneezing at them.

Also, if you look at it the other way; when you were level 5, there’d be no way you could beat a level 20 mob. Now you can. Surely that shows you’re getting more powerful?

Finally, have you thought that the issue is you? Have you actually looked at why your dying, and what you could possibly do to help prevent it? Maybe saving your dodges for the big attacks? Swapping one weapon or utility out for another, or maybe going down a different trait line?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

I feel like i’m a lot more powerful as I level up. When I was level 1 there was no way I could or would even consider taking on a champion by myself. At level 80 though is a serious thought as I have the ability.

You must be doing it wrong.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

@Iceman RE: “no matter where I go I die and in most places multiple times while trying to accomplish objectives lower than my level.”

I can play just about any PVE area solo and hardly every die. Now to be honest I am just an average, and maybe below average player.
With tha in mind I am wondering if it may be your build or perhaps need a tactics adjustment?

Either way you are more than welcome to come to the Sea of Sorrows server 9-Midnight (Eastern Daylight Time -5) any night and I would be happy to help you out. We have voice and can talk you though your problem.

I have a feeling these events that keep killing the OP may be those “group” ones which are not meant to be solo-able, yet funny enough most of them still are anyways. :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

This is not a problem with the game. In fact, if they had it your way and made you ‘more powerful’ as you leveled up, people would leave the game in droves.

The game was sold upon there being level downscaling in zones so everything is still (at least somewhat) relevant as you progress through the game, everyone having equal gear in PvP so you can jump into PvP right away without being stomped by everyone else, and having cosmetics as end-game progression so we don’t get on the endless gear treadmill of other MMOs.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

With all do respect, this is a problem with you, not the game. And I can assure you of all the problems GW2 has this is not one of them.

What class are you? Weapon set?

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

is like one of those things what makes me remember how easy WOW was

no skill just gear needed and u felt powerful

after u geared up u could solo every 25 man raid boss so redicuoulous

Im happy gw2 goes a other way and I agree its an issue of learn to play get lv 80 get berserker gear and mobs die in one hit

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Are you face-tanking mobs in under-leveled gear? Are you used to games where movement while fighting is discouraged and trying to play that way in GW2? If you are, there is a kind of game-style shock when entering GW2.

This is not meant as an insult, but if the above is you, then this video can help. If this is not you, then carry on.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

I’ve leveled every profession. If you’re dying in PvE, the problem isn’t the game’s. Maybe you don’t strafe enough, maybe you’re just standing there trying to tank shots, but there’s very little reason, most of the time, to die in open world PvE (unless you’re trying to solo champions).

Try moving around more to avoid being hit, and not biting off more than you can chew. Or try playing one of the easier professions.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I don’t see this as a problem. Games are supposed to be challenging and the scaling system makes it so zones don’t become ultra easymode where you become invincible to everything. This is also a player issue and not a game system issue since most people don’t die so easily, especially ones that are familiar with action RPGs or MMOs beforehand. It wouldn’t hurt tho to have more character progression (and no not higher lvl cap)~ the new system will add an illusion of it, now they just need to add 1000+ more collectible traits to be on par with GW1.

Also other than maxing out your char with ascended and such; if you play pvp/pve enough you will yourself become more powerful since your brain grows in strength and you become a better player and pwn baddies easier.

All newbies should watch this video. :O
Sometimes makes me sad in pvp when easily recognize a keyboard turner and exploit the poor guy’s handicap. But the loot bags so delicious.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)