Developer Diary: Elite Specializations

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I was expecting a bit more information on the new elites, but it just told us what we already know, which is very little. Is this what they call trolling?

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

Nope. In three days you can find out whatever you want, because an elite spec pvp/wvw demo will be going on over the weekend.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

My biggest issue is that we are almost a month from the actual expansion and we have yet to see any real excitement from the developers about the content they have created.

I want developers telling us about why they love what is coming – what excites them with POF. I want to see that the devs are actually excited and care about what they are working on – the way they did at launch and with HOT. Why should players and potential customers care about the xpac and what it brings if the developers cannot be bothered to show some real excitement themselves.

Every announcement we have seen so far feels sterilized and whitewashed before it is shown to us.

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Nope. In three days you can find out whatever you want, because an elite spec pvp/wvw demo will be going on over the weekend.

So what was the point of the dev post? Even the vids are old.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It’s called promoting. What WE know isn’t what people who come to the website know who aren’t us. We’ll have access to this stuff in a matter of days. But they have to communicate with other people other than dedicated fans. That’s the target audience for this.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

This is also just the start of Elite Week, so it’s an overview. The first video is also a behind-the-scenes look at some of the design decisions behind the new elites which I had not seen before. That includes some of the dev excitement, Blaeys, albeit in truncated form.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

This is also just the start of Elite Week, so it’s an overview. The first video is also a behind-the-scenes look at some of the design decisions behind the new elites which I had not seen before. That includes some of the dev excitement, Blaeys, albeit in truncated form.

I definitely hope so – and that they build on it. I love this game and everything I’ve seen about PoF seems to be going in a direction I think people will enjoy.

I worry that they have grown too gun shy when it comes to praising their own product – that they are too concerned that someone will misinterpret something or that they will have to back away from something they say and be criticized for it.

of course people will misinterpret – and, of course plans change. Just don’t let a fear of these things get in the way of communicating with customers or promoting to potential customers. Anet is still one of the best game developers around, imo. They just need to start showing how much they care about the product they are making a little more.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

My biggest issue is that we are almost a month from the actual expansion and we have yet to see any real excitement from the developers about the content they have created.

I want developers telling us about why they love what is coming – what excites them with POF. I want to see that the devs are actually excited and care about what they are working on – the way they did at launch and with HOT. Why should players and potential customers care about the xpac and what it brings if the developers cannot be bothered to show some real excitement themselves.

Every announcement we have seen so far feels sterilized and whitewashed before it is shown to us.

You could watch the Dev interviews posted on the Partner Participants YouTube channels. They seem pretty excited in those.

Good luck.