Developer Livestream Discussion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Feel free to discuss today’s developer livestream in this thread.

Dulfy.net has transcripts of both parts posted here:

http://dulfy.net/2013/01/17/gw2-dev-livestream-jan-17-transcript/

Follow-up note: it looks like there were technical problems that prevented the stream from recording to our Twitch.TV channel for part 2. We apologize for this.

(Thanks to Dulfy for the transcript, so that information was captured!)

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

(edited by Regina Buenaobra.6193)

Posted by: Palaryel.2463

Palaryel.2463

I’ve watched the live stream (both parts of it) and there is one thing that I noticed that kinda confirms all the QQ on one of the profession subofums:

In the “Ask a question” thread, among other stuff, a lot of necromancer specific question did come up, however in the live stream, even at the one spot of the 2nd part where the developer talking was basically calling up every class by name, one word was missing, namely the word “necromancer” or “necro” or “the kitten.b.a.g we don’t care about”…..

WTF guys? not one word, not one mention, nothing at all….

P.S.: Before (if any moderator/developer/ArenaNet person in general) you come (if you decide at all) and post a reply to this, please go to the necro subforum 1st and check whan was the last “red” post

Best regards,
Palaryel

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Feedbacktime?

Well i very much appreciate the effort behind it. love it when a developer gets out and just says whats up.
Some nice new info there
However, even though you explained why, it felt very filtred.

Now i know there are a lot of questions and you only condensed them, but i wished for a bit more extended show. you realy went only over the “usual” questions. the big ones (exept guild halls… seriously, why leave them out?), stuff thats a problem right now and i appreciate that. However you could have taken up some “fun questions” or some “interesting” ones. something that would have made it not so… fixed i guess…

while intersting it was a bit underwhelming. something really shocking was missing

Posted by: domxnik.1453

domxnik.1453

Just got done watching the livestream and was a bit disappointed. Most of this stuff was already talked about in some detail in the blog, like how fractals were going to work and the new reward system. I wanted to hear about Guild Halls, more information on guild missions and other stuff, not things that have already been talked about.

Anvixy- 80 Ranger

Posted by: Dedalus.3065

Dedalus.3065

I thought it was great. Finally talked about spvp game modes, WvW advancement, esport, events and yeah. Pretty excited now tbh.

Posted by: Izuna.5307

Izuna.5307

um was those three just wvw spvp and from what i gather the new ascended gear make cost badges of honor?

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Thanks Dulfy.

I hope we have alot more of these in the future. Still holding out for Guild Hall/Player housing info.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Strikerjolt.5910

Strikerjolt.5910

This live stream was horrible most of the questions were already answered, and discussed upon on the forums, and forums update. So why discuss them even more? I would have rather see a much more in-depth dairy than entire live stream.

And what’s the thing about Deathmatch, or any type of other Spvp mode that doesn’t evolve conquest won’t work within the game? That’s complete bullcrap.

Free for all death match, and team based death matches will just work well in GW2.

It works in WoW, It works BF3, and CoD, it works with other MMOs. Why won’t it work here?

This was another big disappointment..

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Great stuff

Unable to rez if players in combat (think he meant wp here). Did he or didn’t he? There’s a big diff betweent he 2 and clarification may be needed.

Thanks for the look ahead

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Why were the ?s in part 2 basically the same stuff that was said in part 1? Rather redundant no?

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Erasmus.1624

Erasmus.1624

Elementalists are getting hella nerfed. Nothing about the issue with Engineers effectively being a non-class. The only good ideas are the ones that address culling, sPVP, and Fractals. My head is full of kittens.

Posted by: eternistarr.6304

eternistarr.6304

They clarified in a different thread cant wp while party is in combat

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Elementalists are getting hella nerfed. Nothing about the issue with Engineers effectively being a non-class. The only good ideas are the ones that address culling, sPVP, and Fractals. My head is full of kittens.

They talked about the bunker ele but what about the thief issue that was also in the question?

All is vain.

(edited by Boomstin.3460)

Posted by: interpol.2397

interpol.2397

Great stuff

Unable to rez if players in combat (think he meant wp here). Did he or didn’t he? There’s a big diff betweent he 2 and clarification may be needed.

Thanks for the look ahead

No waypoint rez use in dungeons until the whole party wipes. It seemed pretty clear to me, though I don’t know if maybe I missed something? It’s to prevent people from just WPing as soon as they die and running at the boss mindlessly without any actual tactic. Party wipe >WP > regroup is what they’re going for.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

From dulfy’s transcript (thanks dulfy):
“Q: Elaborate your plans for changing AoEs
This is not a quick fix, we are getting a lot of data.
If your skil does 10 damage to a single target, if you have another skill that have the same opportunity cost but deals 8 damage to 5 targets, the AoE skill is better – we don’t want you to use AoE skills on single target mobs.”

Which aoe has the same opportunity cost as a powerful single target skill say on a staff ele? Meteor shower has a long cooldown and cast time it costs way more than any single target spells the class has. Same with churning earth on D/D.

They also said they want to discourage zerging in WvW, well making aoe less effective will only lead to more zergs.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

That makes sense to me, cheers Interpol

morrolan.9608

No waypoint rez use in dungeons until the whole party wipes. It seemed pretty clear to me, though I don’t know if maybe I missed something? It’s to prevent people from just WPing as soon as they die and running at the boss mindlessly without any actual tactic. Party wipe >WP > regroup is what they’re going for.

There’s already a cost for this in terms of repair costs so it does reward better players as it is. COlin says that they don;t want people to play like this but its PvE what does it matter, especially given there’s an inbuilt cost to bad players as it is. And what about revive orbs I presume players will still be able to use those. I bet the gem shop will see an uptick in terms of those sales.

The logical endpoint of this change will be more dungeon elitism in terms of what groups are looking for.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

domxnik.1453

The resurrecting thing was clarified.

Just to clarify, you’ll no longer be able to use waypoints when a party member is in combat inside a dungeon. This is prevent people from using waypoints to rush and kill bosses or clear areas, which is not intended game play.

All other forms of res remain unchanged.

I would like to hear more on guild missions. What kind of rewards are we getting, how many people will they allow, ect..

Anvixy- 80 Ranger

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Dulfys transcript

we don’t want you to use AoE skills on single target mobs.

How do you propose I deal with single enemies as a D/D ele then? 18 out of 20 skills are AOE effects. Spam earth #1 until it dies?

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Instead of needing, start buffing.

No point on nerfing the D/D eleven (which is challenging and takes player skill to do) and stop reading feedback from people who cry nerf because they got outplayed and died, if you are bringing our underpowered builds up to par (if you do, less bunkers, less qq) with other builds….
As for necros…..

Pretty much through the stream all i seen was “We are going to nerf d/d eleven in the future so you can get easy badges from elves”

That’s all i heard, nothing particularly interested me except ascended gear with tokens.

I say this again, stop needing start buffing, games have overnerfed classes before and makes that class….nothing.

Fix engineer.
Lol.

(Smartphone….i hate auto correct)

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

roostapro.9827

Dulfys transcript

we don’t want you to use AoE skills on single target mobs.

How do you propose I deal with single enemies as a D/D ele then? 18 out of 20 skills are AOE effects. Spam earth #1 until it dies?

Don’t forget staff aoes……

I guess it is either time to reroll or nothing.

This AoE nerf was a bad decision from the start and should not have been brought up in the dev meetings. /sigh

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

I wonder if ANet ever plays their own game, i havent seen a single QQ on forums about AoE or nothing close to it, yet they think it is op and needs to be toned down. However, there are endless of warrior/thief/mesmer insane burst complains all over the forums yet not a single word about it, which makes me think they think they are fine. How about you listen to your players a little more =/
Most of the stuff asked for, was ignored or said to be impossible or not being implemented in the near future (duels, new sPvP modes, trading, stealth nerfs, wvwvw names, and some more).

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

I found the stream….lacking to some degree.

They seemed to trip over themselves a bit. Understandable for a live stream but even on stuff like saying they balance for PvP, WvW and PvE together, but in the next sentence saying that they have to balance things separately.

Was confusing at some points, and they seemed to have picked, or been given questions that overlapped each other a lot. There were two PvP questions that practically said the same thing on Game modes.

All the stream did was make me completely certain I should play nothing but a warrior or guardian.

(edited by nethykins.7986)

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

You are going to severely nerf AoE? well then just remove the double dagger weapons setup for Elementalist, as it will be totally useless after the nerf.

Posted by: Coffeebot.3921

Coffeebot.3921

The technical format was horrible, using a single mic for three people only works when the mic is passed around, for some of the questions the mic was held by one person while another was speaking which made it difficult to hear what was being said, a directional mic like Blue Microphones Snowball or proper lapel mics would have fixed this.

The lack of media training your designers have made this live-stream horrible to listen to, it was filled with umms and ahhs which makes the speaker sound less informative, speakers often read half the question aloud before answering it, this is problematic as it doesn’t give full disclosure of WHAT is being talked about to the viewer (who may not have the questions in front of them,) essentially read the whole question, none of the question or paraphrase.

What is the point of having a Q&A when you can’t discuss or mention much of the information people are wanting to know? Sure it does count as developers talking to the community but we (the community) only got generic (sometimes already answered) information that is close to unusable by us.

What was the point of live-streaming this when there was no immediate interaction with the audience? This could have been done better as a standalone piece of media on youtube, which would have allowed for slightly more editing (to remove the umms and ahhs) and probably remove the need for mic sharing. It just looked like a PR stunt to say “look, we care about communicating with you guys, we can use technology too!”

Great, you talked to us… but you didn’t deliver much by way of meaningful information and it was done in a pointless format with under-trained hosts, it seems like you don’t really care about your audience if this is the best you could produce with your resources.

Fornicate like you’ve never fornicated before.
I am anti-censorship, for it doesn’t make sense to pander to a minority.

(edited by Coffeebot.3921)

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

On AOE builds

Good build should not be punished by nerfing them! Instead of nerfing, balance classes by improving there skills to counter better builds.

Posted by: Danno.5269

Danno.5269

If AoEs get nerfed my d/d ele will just collect dust. And of course we aoe people trying to revive others! What do you expect us to do? Let them revive them so they can just stay up and moving forever! That’s ridiculous. Mesmer portal is for mesmers. -_- Don’t mess things up worse. Just improve the broken bits.

Posted by: Fox Soul.4809

Fox Soul.4809

Ele bunker is really strong?
Really?? The ele bunker is ACTUALLY the ONLY way that ele can be useful in Tpvp. Maybe the GC ele ( glass cannon ) can be useful but is too team-dependant.
Well… At least we know that ele will be nerfed seriously… AoE dmg reduced, bunker ele nerfed…

“If your skil does 10 damage to a single target, if you have another skill that have the same opportunity cost but deals 8 damage to 5 targets, the AoE skill is better – we don’t want you to use AoE skills on single target mobs.

Some clases, Ele for example, have a lot of AoE skills and he need to use it bcoz he dont have another skill to use. This will affect the elementalist and the actual gameplay with it? I dont know how to use an ele without use AoE skills ( i cant )… With this build click here you can see that ele only have 2 skills ( ele have a total of 20 skills ) that hit to 1 enemy. This means that if you reduce the damage of AoE you are killing totally the d/d ele because you CANT kill an enemy without use your AoE skills…

Have a good night.

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

We’ll they responded to questions about the guild hall? the Housing? New cards as Maguuma? or something else?

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Posted by: Animando.7956

Animando.7956

Great, you talked to us… but you didn’t deliver much by way of meaningful information and it was done in a pointless format with under-trained hosts, it seems like you don’t really care about your audience if this is the best you could produce with your resources.

OMG you’re right : they should have invited Oprah to do a better show.

They are game developers – they are not TV. The livestream was good, they offered the players the opportunity to ask questions during lunch pause and chose relevant ones they could answer.

Coulnd’t the people on this forum for once be happy instead of raging about everything ?

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

From dulfy’s transcript:
“Q: Elaborate your plans for changing AoEs
This is not a quick fix, we are getting a lot of data.
If your skil does 10 damage to a single target, if you have another skill that have the same opportunity cost but deals 8 damage to 5 targets, the AoE skill is better – we don’t want you to use AoE skills on single target mobs.”

Which aoe has the same opportunity cost as a powerful single target skill say on a staff ele? Meteor shower has a long cooldown and cast time it costs way more than any single target spells the class has. Same with churning earth on D/D.

Indeed – how is the AoE skill better (for single targets) if it does 8 instead of 10 damage to a single target? I don’t get that math – I’m already giving up flexibility when doing AoE damage (because enemies can easily walk out of it, plus I have to aim them, which cuts down my ability to move around, because I just don’t have that well coordinated fingers), plus they usually have longer cooldowns, plus they would (in that case at least) already do less damage to single targets.
Also, why on earth would I target single enemies when I am swarmed by five of them? That’s the whole point of AoEs, to be able to properly engage several targets at once! Professions which focus on single target damage already deal much higher single target damage than professions which are more AoE heavy…The more I think about it, the less I see the problem.

Edit: Also, weapons which have many AoE skills. If I want to play a ranged necro without sometimes using my AoEs on single targets, well…a good portion of my weapon skills would go to waste.

Polka will never die

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

I’m hoping that if they nerf damage on AoEs that they dramatically increase the target cap. If a single target attack does 10 damage to one target and they bring down AoE to 2 damage to 5 targets, it will be disappointing. However if they raise that cap to 10 or 20 targets it might be a worthy exchange and help to suppress zerging.

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

Great, now everyone is going to talk about nothing but aoe and elementalists.

Can’t blame them can you?

Besides PvP and WvW and….err…PvP…and err More PvP, the only things PvE related they discussed were AOE nerfs, No WP in dungeons, and the token system as discussed in the first part of the stream, as well as the blog post and the “GW2 for 2013” vid.

Onshidesigns.1069

The game designers do know that this is a fantasy game? And that magic is usually AOE. So is poison and bleeding with a short bow.

If Anet wanted to design a FPS, they should have done that instead!

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

“No waypoint rez use in dungeons until the whole party wipes. It seemed pretty clear to me, though I don’t know if maybe I missed something? It’s to prevent people from just WPing as soon as they die and running at the boss mindlessly without any actual tactic. Party wipe >WP > regroup is what they’re going for.”

then the boss will reset! that’s not cool. being able to get back in time to finish the boss off is very satisfying if a group makes it back in time to do so. obviously they want the bosses to reset more often, as tough or cheap as some of them are.

idk i thought boss-zerging was a valid tactic to keep them from resetting.

Posted by: Erasmus.1624

Erasmus.1624

You know what I like most about this? Now that I think about it, instead of solving actual current issues, ArenaNet’s causing more.

There’s already a cost for this in terms of repair costs so it does reward better players as it is. COlin says that they don;t want people to play like this but its PvE what does it matter, especially given there’s an inbuilt cost to bad players as it is. And what about revive orbs I presume players will still be able to use those. I bet the gem shop will see an uptick in terms of those sales.

The logical endpoint of this change will be more dungeon elitism in terms of what groups are looking for.

Fract 30+
>See a PUG with [LUCK], MF gear, MF Booster
>Instant Kick

Now the same thing’s going to apply to dungeons.

(edited by Erasmus.1624)

Posted by: Coffeebot.3921

Coffeebot.3921

OMG you’re right : they should have invited Oprah to do a better show.

They are game developers – they are not TV. The livestream was good, they offered the players the opportunity to ask questions during lunch pause and chose relevant ones they could answer.

Coulnd’t the people on this forum for once be happy instead of raging about everything ?

There is a big difference between raging and delivering constructive criticism. However you are right, they should have also had a central host who hands the questions to the relevant developer rather than (partially reads question) “Uhh this question seems like it’s for (insert name)”

No they aren’t in TV, but I still expect a minimum level of professional standards and capabilities, especially when they have a large development team that almost certainly has people that could have advised them better in this project. What I got from this though is a jumbled mess that should have had a bunch of discussion and thought prior to implementation.

Lastly, if the only thing you have to complain about my post is the somewhat insulting tl;dr then I’ve done a pretty good job of covering some of the flaws with the stream.

Fornicate like you’ve never fornicated before.
I am anti-censorship, for it doesn’t make sense to pander to a minority.

(edited by Coffeebot.3921)

Fox Soul.4809

“No waypoint rez use in dungeons until the whole party wipes. It seemed pretty clear to me, though I don’t know if maybe I missed something? It’s to prevent people from just WPing as soon as they die and running at the boss mindlessly without any actual tactic. Party wipe >WP > regroup is what they’re going for.”

then the boss will reset! that’s not cool. being able to get back in time to finish the boss off is very satisfying if a group makes it back in time to do so. obviously they want the bosses to reset more often, as tough or cheap as some of them are.

idk i thought boss-zerging was a valid tactic to keep them from resetting.

This system is for punish every minimum error. If you fail your combo and you saty in melee and the boss kill you, your party is punished for 1 error. Even if you have some lag and you suffer a great AoE of the boss and you die, your party will be punished. Sad, but true.

Posted by: ExZee.8109

ExZee.8109

1. There’s a website that is more than adequate for people who need to LFG. Since the game itself doesn’t allowing NA and EU players to play together anyway, why bother spending dev time developing something that already exists and gets the job done better than what you’re going to end up making anyway.

2. Current problem with stealth is a) it’s not any fun to play against and b) it negates any defensive skills because stealth allows attack initiation and cessation at any time aka initiate an attack and lure defensive skills, disengage using stealth, re-engage when defensive skills are on CD. On one hand stealth is still too powerful, on the other defensive skills are too weak.

3. Bosses need more “readable” animations for skills. For example, Jade Maw doing “absolute” agony damage once it starts and after first set of tentacles at higher levels is kitten No ascended gear = you shall not pass. Make it skill-based, with the skill requirement increasing per fractal level or dungeon boss level by making animations faster or making more difficult variations of boss skills. Skill doesn’t have to completely negate damage, but reasonably reward players that know what to do.

4. No mention of guild capes? Support dueling/build testing/in-guild team/FFA features.

5. Make titles available as achievements/rewards that players can use as their “WvW name”. No personal names should be allowed.

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I’m shocked that my AoE question was actually brought up, but the answer did not satisfy me in any way, shape or form.

When a number of classes only have viable AoE options (ele, necro, most melee setups that cleave multiple mobs with autoattacks and have nothing single-target), how is a general reduction in AoE effectiveness going to help balance things out when players don’t even have a CHOICE due to the simple fact that the most viable setups (d/d ele being the prime example) screw them over in this regard?

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: CorruptedSave.2570

CorruptedSave.2570

I don’t disagree that AoE is powerful but a major nerf to it will just cause more balancing problems. As an Ele, I have no real choice but to AoE.

If a major nerf happens, I’ll stop playing the only class I have fun with and eventually stop playing all together.

domxnik.1453

“One of the issues brought up a lot in WvW./sPvP is AoE (Area of Effect). We feel like they are too strong at the moment and a lot of people in WvW are gaming the system using AoEs.

For people that don’t know – max targets for siege weapons is 50 while max targets for AoE is 5.

Reducing AoE effectiveness to bring them in line with the single target damage skills.

Major update coming to all the AoE skills – make classes that are good at single target damage stand out a bit more.

Same thing with dungeons – right now if you have a lot of AoE you can past encounters by just spamming AoE which is not what we want."

source

Anvixy- 80 Ranger

Fox Soul.4809

“One of the issues brought up a lot in WvW./sPvP is AoE (Area of Effect). We feel like they are too strong at the moment and a lot of people in WvW are gaming the system using AoEs.

For people that don’t know – max targets for siege weapons is 50 while max targets for AoE is 5.

Reducing AoE effectiveness to bring them in line with the single target damage skills.

Major update coming to all the AoE skills – make classes that are good at single target damage stand out a bit more.

Same thing with dungeons – right now if you have a lot of AoE you can past encounters by just spamming AoE which is not what we want."

source

and? Your post only say: Thieves and warriors will be better than now!

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

"

source

LOl.. What happened to playing the game the way we want to play it? I would also love to hear specific examples of how AOE gets you past encounters by simply spamming it…and anyways, if it doens’t do that..whats the point of it? Honestly….This single move to the game could cause as big an uproar as that hideous Lost Shores Patch

morrolan.9608

You are going to severely nerf AoE? well then just remove the double dagger weapons setup for Elementalist, as it will be totally useless after the nerf.

What about staff eles, its even more aoe oriented. How are we meant to attack single mobs with anything but aoe when our better abilities are all aoes.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Posted by: Erulogos.2591

Erulogos.2591

Re: LFG: This needs to be more of a priority. Most of my lack of desire to play is that what i want to do requires a group, yet even in a guild of 400+ finding groups can take 20-40 minutes, and I can’t really do anything -else- while group hunting. A tool to automate the process, even if it does not speed it up, would be a blessing (and the web site is not enough, as it still ties me up with group finding, rather than letting me farm, do daily achievements, etc. while waiting for the group to fill up.)

Re: AoE: Have they seen staff ele? Defensive skills aside, staff ele has -2- skills that only hit one target (earth 1, air 2, unless I’ve missed something.) You could make the case for water 1, though that has a splash effect that heals (so it ‘hits’ more than one thing in some way) and also is so low damage it really is more of a heal.

And you can’t really make the case for other weapons since eles can’t swap. So either I roll single target, and get stampeded by mobs if a botch a pull, or I roll AoE and single mods will take me infinity+1 to kill.

Also… buff engineers. Mine is tired of being a second rate grenade monkey.

roostapro.9827

“Play the style you want to play” (or however it was put)

That’s just gone out the window.

I get a feeling a net don’t even play their own kitten game…

AoE was a counter to thieves…oh but we aren’t allowed counters and instead get 14k hits by a thief when having 2k+ toughness/Vit….

Warrior or nothing i guess, as i am not allowed to aoe single targets with a aoe build.

The most stupidest of ideas and a net fell into it.

Tera online going f2p looks like ill give that a try until Eso comes out.

Simply put a net i have lost all my faith in you guys, your mentality is “Nerf first, ask later”

RoostaGW2

(edited by roostapro.9827)

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

“Tera online going f2p looks like ill give that a try until so comes out.

"

This. ANet should tread warily. There are some very good business models coming from other MMO’s..Secret World ftp too. Not to mention ESO coming out from a very beloved franchise. They should be doing EVERYTHING they can to retain their playerbase..not alienating them….This single move could be a massive blow to the game.

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

man, i finally got the hang of casting AOEs earlier to hit more stuff (I AM LEARNING TO PLAY) and now it is going to be nerfed? i think ele’s are all about aoe, anyways, aren’t they? why not give them more HP buffs, and increase effectiveness of healing skills, or change the cool downs on their healing skills. i only heal for 5k every 25-30 seconds, and i usually fall before using it again. sitting on 1956 toughness, 2000 power, and 1500 Vitality.

i learn to play more (because the community says i should) and now my newfound knowledge is worthless soon. WTH!>?

Onshidesigns.1069

AoE was a counter to thieves…oh but we aren’t allowed counters and instead get 14k hits by a thief when having 2k+ toughness/Vit….

My whole thief build is about AoE with my short bow. I don’t even use stealth and it works great. But, I also don’t see anyone else that can use a short bow in the way that I do.