Developer Livestream Questions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PainShot.7154

PainShot.7154

About guesting system:
1. If i go as a guest to the “main server” of my guild, i will get the boons that they activate all the days? (karma, MF, exp, gather). Ej: I play in Sea of Sorrows for WvW but i play in a spanish guild that have the most players in sorrow furnance. If i go to Sorrow furnance i will get the guild boons? or just the none boons that i have in Sea of Sorrows with that guild?
2. The influence we win in a guest server where will go? to our “home guild server” or to the “guest guild server”? Example. If i do a DE in sorrow furnance as a guest, the influence i win go to my guild in SF or to the guild in SoS? Remember both are the same guild.
Sry if my english its terrible :|

Posted by: Blueblob.1726

Blueblob.1726

Are you working on adding a last seen online/last time represented feature to guilds?

Fire Blob
Crystal Desert
Veterans Of the Mists [redt] (r/redditgw2/) -Leader

Posted by: erebuss.5294

erebuss.5294

Will we get any new emotes and character animations anytime soon?

Posted by: Vanillea.5764

Vanillea.5764

Hi,

When the developers mentioned the AoE nerf, is it the Elementalist that they implied? I just wonder because Staff Ele is barely on a good spot right now. Any nerf and the weapon will be a very tough challage to use.

Thank you

Posted by: Manifibel.8420

Manifibel.8420

Are you actually going to do something about the places in Arah (And probably other dungeon as well) Where you stand and the mobs just deaggro or bosses that dont attack at all.
I am talking about the path 3 in Arah Explore. It is really easy at the second boss. The Risen Mage something. That normally makes rings on the ground that he explodes at one point and you have to dodge them or eat the dust.
Thanks you if you answer this question.

Dungeons being about how fast you clear then compared to being able to clear them makes me sad.

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

Hey guys I would like to apologize on behalf of the people in the twitch chat, I guarantee that doesn’t represent the community whatsoever!

Can you give us some examples of ways you will be making boss fights ‘better’?

Will these include the dragons and the dungeons?

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter

Posted by: Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Good evening from UK Guys.

Could we have a definitive answer on whether Race changes, Account bound Dye and mounts will be implemented in Guild Wars 2. All of these subjects are constantly being repeated on the suggestions forums.

Azz

“Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day.”

Posted by: Tera GX.8149

Tera GX.8149

Q1: Are there any new interfaces in the works to help coordination in WvW?

Q2: The Quip is quite a quip, but I really want to be able to pursue a legendary. Are second-generation legendaries currently being worked on?

Tera Xenphos of Fort Aspenwood (guildless, deliberately)

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

What is the current state of the “dungeon finder”? How are things looking? What kind of features will it have?

Thanks!

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

What are your plans for grinding out vertical gear levels with ascended gear and beyond?

Posted by: Queto.5381

Queto.5381

So, you’ve told us about obtaining ascended gear through an improved achievement system, and also that you’re bringing new gear to WvW. Will this latter include ascended gear too?

Yorgg [SoF] – Asura Thief – Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Meladrakara.7894

Meladrakara.7894

Evenin’ Anet

My question is merely about aesthetics. I’m quite a fan of the different armour skins (and combining them and the such) So, are you currently designing any new armour skins? I would love a few more to play around with.

Ta muchly

Edit: This can also include weapon skins. Love me my skins.

Posted by: RedWolfCrusader.2365

RedWolfCrusader.2365

Hey, how will you be implementing the next elder dragon? will it be an update or expansion focused and will you do something like GW1 where you can pick the campaign you do for a new character, so for example my main did the Zhaitan Campaign and so i can make my alt do the Jormag Campaign

Fenris Gwynblade- We either unite and die together or be divided and fall alone

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

About the ZAishens in LA, does it mean we have contact again with Cantha?

more info about the new tokens and how to get them?

Info about a new expansion?

What will happen to GuildWars? are you going to keep 1 server up with player made donations, is it just going to shut down, going open-source?

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Posted by: Klinch.2964

Klinch.2964

Have you thought about adding keyboard chat shortcuts for sPvp? In a game like this, there isn’t much time to type out callouts when you play with a random team. It would be convenient to hit ‘v’, then have text chat options mapped to 1-9.

Example, on the game “Super Monday Night Combat”, you just hit ‘v’, then a menu shows up on the side of your screen showing you the options available to you. If you then hit any number between 1-9, you will send a message to you team saying “Defend Point A!”

Having something like this in sPvp would help teams with no voice chat coordinate much better!

Posted by: Selver Fang.1790

Selver Fang.1790

1. With the reduction of effectiveness of AoEs, are we looking at another nerf for Engineers in a time where many people feel Engineers are already too underpowered?

2. Can you disclose anything about the possibility of new legendary weapons and even legendary armor?

3. Is there a Quarter estimate for when we might see the first expansion?

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

What is being done about pet ai? This has been broken for necros since launch. Many times running MM in pvp 1 or more of our pets refuse to attach a target standing right next to them yet I have had ranger pets follow me half way across the map.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Are there plans to implement user generated content? If so, can you elaborate?

Are there any plans to make guesting cross region? What are the technical limitations?

Many people have asked for certain purely aesthetic cash shop items along the lines of emotes, dances, instruments, and armor skins. Are there any aesthetic additions to the cash shop for the future that you would like share?

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Palaryel.2463

Palaryel.2463

1. Will the AoE adjustments affect necromancer condition spreading ability (which feels ok right now)? If yes, will it affect PvE along with PvP/WvW?

2. Are you considering getting UI slots for consumable items?

3. When will necromancer discussion forums stop being neglected by the dev team (in terms of appearing there and posting (been a long time since the last post) and in terms of actually applying anything from there?

4. Are you considering allowing us to change our name (or at least to swap names between our characters)?

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Will we see new cosmetics in the game anytime soon? Im talking about: Hairstyles, faces etc. Also, will you add new town clothes/armor skins both in the gemstore and as rewards from actually playing the game?

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Posted by: Kloaked.5379

Kloaked.5379

How do you guys deal with the awful feedback you get by the “fan base”?

I know if I had to look at some of this feedback all day, I’d have to buy a punching bag.

Posted by: Kathias.8532

Kathias.8532

When can we expect to get another ways of obtaining precursors that wouldn’t be not based on RNG (that is other than MF and drops from monsters/chests)

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

In WvW: Are there any plans to work on everyone’s favorite “Obstructed” message when trying to attack someone on top of a wall of a Keep/Tower?

As it currently stands the only realistic way to hit someone on a wall is with an AoE spell since unless they are on the very edge of the wall any single target spell will generally always be “Obstructed” even if the person is clickable and in plain sight.

(edited by Supersun.4603)

Posted by: Peter.9406

Peter.9406

You mentioned adding more build diversity in PvP, how about for PvE? Right now Warriors and Guardians seem to be the most popular classes in PvE (dungeons) because they can do damage with damage builds, or support, or do both; while other classes, like Rangers, are rarely being sought out for and even kicked because they have no real viable builds outside of traps which take too long to kill in dungeons and signets. Are you working on improving the weapons and skills that no one really use because of how ineffective they in each class and whats being done? For example the Ranger’s spirits which no one uses at all.

(edited by Peter.9406)

Posted by: Baba Baba Ba.9810

Baba Baba Ba.9810

@ Jonathan Sharp

1.) Please tell us exactly what the Custom Arenas are going to do. Are they gonna cost anything to host? Do we have the possibility to make new game modes there?

2.) Is there any chance that There will be a new Game mode in PvP soon? Like ANY? Is GvG planned for this year?

3.) Do you still believe GW2 will become an E-Sport? Justify why or why not.

4.) Do you agree with the statement that the current metagame is “boring” , and what are you going to do about it?

(edited by Baba Baba Ba.9810)

Posted by: skepticck.9714

skepticck.9714

Love most parts of the game, only one thing that really bothers me and that would be my question :

TP preview, when ?

and kinda related: when will the preview for other armor types (like medium armor user ability to preview light or heavy ) be back ?

Posted by: Wolrok.6143

Wolrok.6143

1. Anything on additional ways to acquire precursors? We know there is a scavenger type hunt thing in the initial phases of design. We also know that nothing will be coming from that for several months. Will there be anything happening before then that might offer additional ways to acquire one?

2. Any thoughts on improving loot drop rates throughout the game? Right now Fractals are superior to everything else in terms of dropping decent items. Will we see some of the other areas of the game receive better drop rates so that fractals aren’t clearly the best route for drops/money?

Posted by: Lumion.6183

Lumion.6183

I know that Stories will be added onto in the future, but is there any chance that we will ever be able to go back into our story a play through it again? (without being able to make different decisions). I feel like i missed and skipped alot of the story on my main character and would really want to play through it again. I don’t want to read about it in a broken tab that won’t scroll all the way down in-game.

I’m fucking magic dude.

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Overall Balance Question
Do you find any professions to be out of balance in certain aspects of the game?
Ele bunker/roamer Fotm build, Portal Mesmer, Thief ‘One-shot’ Combo, are these things okay for you or can we see changes to this stuff in the future?

Leman

Posted by: Reskaillev.8913

Reskaillev.8913

- GuildHalls, the plans surrounding them

- Missing activities (Bar brawl, …), are they coming?

Posted by: Durjoa.7349

Durjoa.7349

1. What is Arena Net doing about teleporting hackers farming resource nodes?
2. Guild Wars 2 – What happened to Guild vs Guild tournaments? GW1 had them
3. Ranger and Necromancer classes. What is Arena Net doing so that they are on par with other classes?

Posted by: Kilimo.7452

Kilimo.7452

Will Anet ever be making a PvP mode that the downed state is removed?

Posted by: Blaide.2039

Blaide.2039

Group Finder
Group Finder
Group Finder
Group Finder
Group Finder
Specifically, When are you implementing a better group finder.
I’ll likely start playing again then

(edited by Blaide.2039)

Posted by: Robthedevil.3409

Robthedevil.3409

Is the northern supply camp in the red borderland in wvw ,God Sword or Gods Word?

Posted by: FanaticDamen.3749

FanaticDamen.3749

Will more “Solo” content be added into the game? Currently the game is very “Group” based but a lot of players like to stay solo or in groups of 2-3.

Currently it is difficult to make money in GW2 as a “Solo’er”

Posted by: Hagger.6854

Hagger.6854

Are there plans to introduce rewards for sPvP that can carry into the rest of the game besides titles?

Posted by: Sumito.9438

Sumito.9438

LEGENDARIES:
Do you plan to make legendaries more “Skill-based”, so that you need skill to get these or will they stay “Gold-based”?
(The only difficulty in getting now a legendary is to have enough gold)

Posted by: Taleria.7810

Taleria.7810

Hi,

I was wondering if we can get a statement on the current cost of dungeon weapons. Currently one handed weapons cost 300 and two handed weapons cost 390, which I think a lot of us find a bit weird. Are the plans to lower this cost to a more reasonable amount?

Posted by: Wretchedscar.4796

Wretchedscar.4796

Re: Aoe Nerf. What will this affect? I use a Greastsword on both Guardian and Warrior. They do AoE with all the attacks, weather single target or not. I love my greastsword, I dont wanna have to put it away.

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

Can you go into more detail about the making certain weapons or builds stronger. What classes and weapons will be getting stronger? Any specifics or examples you can give us?

Crosses fingers for a necro axe buff

Posted by: DoomMagick.5963

DoomMagick.5963

Are you guys going to keep letting people buy Legendary weapons off the TP or make them soulbound/account bound? cuz imo it’s really dumb to the people who worked for theirs.

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

Hello guys a quick question here i was talking about in the Live Stream chat while you was getting ready for part 1:

Why thief don’t use cross bow instead of short bow and are there any plans for a change in future or add an ability to use cross bows as well ? (e.g. Dishonored game mini cross bow)

Thank you and keep it up.

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

Have you ever thought about adding pet amour? Will pets be getting agony resistance for Fractals of the Mist? It does not seem fair that pets are supposed to do a large portion of the rangers damage but he is not allowed to have agony resistance?

Posted by: blackgok.7103

blackgok.7103

are you planning to make a PvP system with “Race battles” ?

Posted by: amazingclrbear.9712

amazingclrbear.9712

Are you guys going to add any new ranger pets / companions ???

Posted by: Shadestrike.4372

Shadestrike.4372

It was previously mentioned that Necromancer minion AI was getting a fix that would make it more responsive. Can we get details on this, and request instead that you give necromancer minions Ranger pet AI and similar control?
Something simple as an attack and return command on f2 and f3 would be useful.

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

I’m a little confused by the changes to dungeon rezzing. It sounded like he said we wouldn’t be able to rez people during encounters. Did he mean they just can’t Waypoint back during a boss fight, or that we won’t be able to get up defeated players during a boss fight? I’d imagine it’s the former, but it sounded more like the latter.

Posted by: Geroz.9570

Geroz.9570

Have Anet contemplated the idea of increasing players allowed in a party in WvW, or adding this feature to the Commander title?

Thx

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Any plans for WvW, like specific? We know rewards are coming, but that is pretty vague.

Are you not afraid the 1v1 in pvp will drain the paid tournies even more? The player base for paid isn’t very big atm.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: WingsofAsgard.9201

WingsofAsgard.9201

From the post earlier this week I noticed some of the new rewards are profession specific armor. Could you explain and/or expand on this? Currently there are 3 different types of armor is that going to change to specific class armor as was seen in Guild Wars 1?