Developer Livestream Questions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: orangeman.1704

orangeman.1704

WvWvW Is basicly your endgame content, Why do you guys think not showing it any love at all “except breakout events” is the way to keep your customers? We still have culling and 0 content or new maps. Have you tried to lower player numbers in zones and add more maps? has been tried/tested/spoken about???

Please dont kill this game because your endgame fails!

Damilius – Red Guard [RG]

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Question: How would you guys explain the November 15th patch note – "the drop rarity of Rare and Exotic weapons from certain places in the world (champions, veterans and WvW players ) has been increased.Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot. "
Clearly this isn’t working and it has been an issue for 2 months now with no actual response/solution. Any comment/fix would be appreciated. Thanks.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

(edited by Etien.4601)

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

My guild has been together since beta of the first GW the WvW has managed to “fragment” us across a few servers based on our tastes in WvW or lack thereof for our PVE people, we are very concerned about not having a degree of control over the influence gained when we guest over to do dungeons and events and the possibility that our guildies on a server with fewer of our people may end up going without certain essential guild benefits. Can you shed any light on this? If I guest my account to Northern Shiverpeaks from Maguuma will I have a choice where the influence goes? Our members are currently on Northern Shiverpeaks, Maguuma and Crystal Desert. I guess the main question is will we have ANY control over the allocation of influence in a guild like this.

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

(edited by Truearrow.3527)

Posted by: Mathea.7281

Mathea.7281

Heya,

Are you guys planning to implent some kind of server merging for lvling areas? For example, when lvling in a low populated zone, it would be cool if there would be some kind of pemporary server merge (‘reversed overflow’, or underflow:P) to make events more interesting. Kinda frustrating when playing in a low populated zone, trying to do group events alone. Something like this would be great!

Posted by: eSiennaSkye.4358

eSiennaSkye.4358

Will Mounts ever be introduced into Guild Wars 2?
Will they be exclusive to PvE?
If so will they be sold for in-game gold, real world currency or maybe sold using the new achievement point system you’ve been talking about?

-Team RAKU Guild Leader-
Lvl 80 Human Guardian

Posted by: Manifibel.8420

Manifibel.8420

Can we get a place to store all of our Town Clothing? That stuff is really starting to fill up my bank since I brough all of the special event Town Clothing and just want a place to put them to a later time?

Dungeons being about how fast you clear then compared to being able to clear them makes me sad.

Posted by: Luvenia Cateline.1295

Luvenia Cateline.1295

Hello^^
Will u guys add quests in the game? other than storyline and hearts.
Where u can get unique skills or skins etc..

And I love to see farms. even tho I know u don’t want to put it in the game. It would really make some people happy cause it’s extremely awfull to make money atm, u get so many blues/greenies even from world bosses. And not just event farms , but instanced farming. otherwise there will be 30people attack the same mob..

thanks !

Posted by: Adastra.9821

Adastra.9821

After mentioning that AoE are going to be nerfed (as if the 5 target limit isn’t enough), have you considered the consequences on aoe heavy classes? Are you also considering the single target of these skills?

For example the single target attacks on the elementalist. The air and water auto attacks for the scepter are subpar and doesn’t even do as much damage as their aoe counter parts.

What about necros?

Posted by: domxnik.1453

domxnik.1453

I’m glad to see you guys are paying attention to PvE and making it more challenging and rewarding.

Will we ever see any larger player cap dungeons(raids) in the future for large community guilds to do together as a bigger group? Will guild missions be something like this?

P.S Show some love for rangers!

Anvixy- 80 Ranger

Posted by: marianitten.1247

marianitten.1247

Is going to be any change to the Magic Find Gear?

“Gimping yourself in a group with MF is leeching from the group, it’s totally and utterly selfish.”

For Those About to Zerg (We Salute You)

Posted by: Krion.5986

Krion.5986

Will you make the game more compatible for PC? Countless numbers of players have been having FPS drops recently from high 60s and 80s to 10s and 20s. Also, there have been many crashes and compatibility issues. What graphic drivers should we be using atm to get best performance?

Posted by: Sugoda.7850

Sugoda.7850

I heard something about Legendary Dyes being added into the game that would give armor and weapons special effects. Is this something currently being worked on or is this not even real? Are there any plans for such items down the road to further improve or let people personalize their characters even more?

Posted by: Kaminari.4018

Kaminari.4018

Are you guys going to keep letting people buy Legendary weapons off the TP or make them soulbound/account bound? cuz imo it’s really dumb to the people who worked for theirs.

I really hope they make legendary weapons account bout because its an achievement for your account to own one.

Commander of Procrastination Nation [UhOh]
Miss Terribad
Dragonbrand

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

This is sort of a straight and forward question but are you working on queue timers for entering WvW? It is very frustrating to enter WvW and be placed in a queue while having absolutely no idea how long it will take to get in.

Posted by: LunaBlack.4280

LunaBlack.4280

Question: will NA and EU servers ever be able to play together via guesting?

Posted by: Wolf.8432

Wolf.8432

Are you planning to add more RPG elements? like the activities you mentioned before launch (Target Shootout,Uzolan’s Mechanical Orchestra etc.). and maybe some large projects like ‘building your own house’?

Thanks for reading!

Posted by: Ackim Macaldom.8596

Ackim Macaldom.8596

Have you think about something to help guild leader to manage their guild? We’re almost at 500 members and we have no way to kick out the inactive player (Last connect date). Is there something in the next patch to help up?

Ackim Macaldom
Leader of Helis Galonia [HGBQ]
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Will there be a transcript?

Posted by: merlessence.1876

merlessence.1876

I have never been so mad in my life after hearing you say you will be nerfing aoe. Isn’t it bad enough you made ele the most squishy class in the game and now you are going to take away the only thing that makes it worth playing… the attack power? Please reconsider or at the very least teach people how to dodge before doing this….

Posted by: phlemhacker.1372

phlemhacker.1372

In the blog post there was this picture:
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/37892/61efeToken-Items.jpg

Can we expect to see profession specific armors and weapons? If so, is it only cosmetic or will it also have different stats?

Posted by: thor.3904

thor.3904

Is there anything being done about the sound bug?

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

Class specific question – Engineer

In recent months fewer and fewer people are playing Engineers. One of the reasons for this is that in the December 14th update Engineers had their Grenade 1 damage reduced by 30%. The stated reason for this change was because Kits could now benefit from the use of Sigils. How exactly do Sigils make up for a 30% nerf and will this change be looked at or reversed in the future?

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

1. Will there be stuff like banners,back armour and mounts as guild rewards?

2. Will you add more back armors to the game or gem store?like dragon tails, fishing poles, wings, capes

3. Customization for some races are a bit weak, when will you add more hairstyles and faces etc?

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

Since lack of Vertical gear progression is no longer a key part of the game like stated in the manifesto last summer. What does AN feel differentiates their game from other WoW clones?

Posted by: mrnoks.4672

mrnoks.4672

Do you plan to implement group scaling dungeons? For like min 5 – max 10 players and a sclaing system for npc’s and bosses, kind of like in the PvE world.

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

Oh glorious dev’s of Tyria, If trahearne can use a greatsword and is a necromancer by nature, does this in turn also mean my main(a necro) might in the future gain this ability?

Also, there’s been quite a lot of talk about this, but is there any chance we might see the current weapon system(i.e. put a weapon on, skills are there to use) be tweaked to maybe something like say.. as an example: warrior puts a sword on, gets those three default abilities, but also gets to change those abilities from 2-4 possible choices?

Because a lot of us agree that this would be an acceptable change. A well welcomed change.

P.S. Bring dervish’s back to Tyria as a playable class!!!

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

Posted by: Dantaeus Heardt.5730

Dantaeus Heardt.5730

Ranger updates, any being worked on?

This please Devs us Ranger players have suffered from some pretty bad nerfs. Our pet AI is a bit busted, spirits still are not of much use too. Underwater we’re Aquaman on land we need to be buffed. Some answers to our questions would be welcomed. Thanks

Dantaeus X Heardt Ranger Lvl 80
Zhaitans Tears Guild[ TWS ] NSP

Posted by: Zumos.2056

Zumos.2056

The guild Red Guard set up some guild versus guild fights in WvW. The leaders/officers whispered each other to tell their numbers, in order to create even fights. We played against The Unlikely Plan, Seven Instincts, VII, and Hand of Blood. Everyone enjoyed these fights very much. Now my question: Wouldn’t it be awesome to have some place or instance where you can queue up for as a guild to do a guild versus guild fight, something like 10 vs 10 or 20 vs 20?

Zumos
Red Guard

Posted by: Xico.5871

Xico.5871

How does the new guesting system will affect nodes and DE to open dungeons?

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

Also, any info on new modes for WvW and/or PVP? Personally, I would love to see some sort of capture the flag mechanic in Wvw!

Posted by: Mr Smith.9173

Mr Smith.9173

Is there a plan to add an automated LFG system?

When I ask this I mean with specific choices for dungeons and stages. Example: I could just set my account to LFG FotM 10, and when 5 people are found it would automatically group us.

Preferably linking all the servers.

(edited by Mr Smith.9173)

Posted by: Feldorn.6873

Feldorn.6873

Why are the Ranger traits for ‘bleed on crit’, and ‘pets gain might on crit’ only 1 second condition/boon duration?

Why does the trait ‘Fortifying Bond’ not give full duration of the boons the player gains?

Dayne the Mediocre, Berserker
Veterans of the Mists [redt] – Crystal Desert

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Where are the mini-games like…

Polymock,

Moa Racing,

Bar Brawl,

Jousting Dolls,

Shooting Gallery,

and the like?

Why have these aspects of the game been sidelined and mostly ignored nearly 6 months into the game? Originally many of these were supposed to be at launched with the game itself. These side-games are what makes people who get burned out on other parts of the game still log in because it’s gameplay variety. I’d just like a direct answer as to when (if ever) we’re going to get these features to the game.

Posted by: Muns.7850

Muns.7850

Hi, thanks for the community feedback

Are there plans to further and improve the Mac client? Is there any potential for a dedicated Mac client as opposed to just a CIDER wrapper?

Are there still plans to expand the game to mobile devices for additional gameplay?

Thanks!!!

Posted by: Wombatprophet.4015

Wombatprophet.4015

Will there be a fix with Necromancer’s minions actually attacking people. Mine sort of just stand there against some enemies and watch me die. Not exactly what I would call fun.

Posted by: Vexacion.3971

Vexacion.3971

One of the most important features to me as a casual player is a quick way to join into content so the upcoming LFG tool is the top feature I am anticipating.

My main concern is that it won’t by a ‘queue’ type interface that auto-forms groups which is the ideal system. Basically I would want it so that I can select the content I want to do, click a button(and do this ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD), and have a message box come up to join the assembled group and enter the content.

I also worry that it won’t be cross server. Can you talk you talk about any of those kinds of details at this time?

Thanks

Posted by: froskennn.3748

froskennn.3748

do we get any mounts ?

Posted by: Vraxx Dhala Guzo.3095

Vraxx Dhala Guzo.3095

Hi guys can you give any information on if their will be any changes to traits as it seems that running a balanced build on warrior is not really a viable option.

This is due to the defensive traits linking with defensive/range weapons and the Damage output traits linking to not all weapons…It feels too confined and restrictive in the sense of optimising your build. The only viable routes at the moment are to go Bunker (defensive) or burst/Greatsword(Offensive) from a Warrior’s pespective.

Thank you.

Posted by: Nibblebitz.4308

Nibblebitz.4308

Wil there be any info about the upcoming monthly event?

Posted by: globe.7238

globe.7238

So I have a few questions:

1) What was the major factor in your choice to change allies being able to be rez’d in combat in dungeons? If people are forced to run back constantly is there going to be an adjustment to the cost of repairs?

2) With certain classes/builds that rely heavily on aoe, how are the changes going to impact those builds/playstyles?

3) You mentioned ascended gear will be attainable outside of fractals, with that said what kind of upgrade slot are they going to get? Why would I want to infuse agony resistance/offense if its not helpful at all when i’m not doing a lvl10+ fractal?

These two questions werent talked about on the stream but I really think it’d be nice if we can get some sold answers on them.

4) There was a post quite some time ago explaining how changes were coming to make legendary weapons a bit more attainable. With most precursors over 200g in the game, along with the materials to make them sometimes totally up to 300g, is there ever going to be something done to alleviate this? Its either you spend countless hours farming(which in turn you’re not enjoying the game) or you have deep pockets and dont mind spending real money for gems/convert to gold, which in turn only benefits you. Where are these updates that are supposed to help? I havent seen any mention, besides that one time karka event that had a chance to drop a precursor, which didnt help people who didnt attend it.

5) My main is an engineer, you’ve slapped some pretty terrible changes onto our class. You said that you’re taking a look at giving each class more depth which is good, when can we expect some type of information on whats getting done for each class?

Imminent Demise » [iD] « Blackgate

(edited by globe.7238)

Posted by: dennie.9237

dennie.9237

Do you planning to translate game to russian language, and when?
And what about housing, will you implement this feature?

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

There are a lot of bugged weapon skills for many classes. What is the priority for fixing those vs new content?

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Will the Magic Find stat be kept in the game, changed, or removed? I think Magic Find is a really useless and boring stat, because I think players should be rewarded equally by their use of skills, and not a stat.

Posted by: Zerio.1368

Zerio.1368

-Are their any plans to get an “Inspect” feature?

-Will Mesmers get any type of group heal?

Posted by: Draco Magnus.2473

Draco Magnus.2473

I read that we will get Tokens for Achievements
Do we also get Tokens for Achievements, which we have already got?

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

Balance was mentioned then seemed to be glossed right over. What classes are being looked at and what are some of the general new directions are they being taken? Necros and engineers are getting a bit tired of being thief and mesmer fodder.

Posted by: Ansgar.5236

Ansgar.5236

Will there ever be a feature that will allow me to challenge another player to a 1v1 duel in the open world (not in structured pvp)?
It’s really a harmless feature that would improve the game drastically in my opinion. It’s really missing that competitive feel, and the feeling of defeating someone in a 1v1 fair fight is really rewarding for many people – including myself. Not only is it rewarding, it’s always really fun. Even if you have nothing to do, like when you’re outside of a dungeon waiting to get the rest of the people for the group, it’s always fun to duel.
I understand this is not WoW, and I don’t want it to be WoW, but that feature is just what’s been missing for me. Really boggles my mind why it was never implemented.

Sorry if there’s already a thread on this topic but I couldn’t find it.

Posted by: merlessence.1876

merlessence.1876

do you have any plans on making precursors for legendary weapons more readily available? Like maybe recipes to make them instead oif having us throw millions worth of gold into the mystic forge?

Posted by: Peter.9406

Peter.9406

What’s being done to make the more challenging dungeons and bosses more rewarding? As of now AC is better to complete because it is both easier and more rewarding than let’s say HotW and Arah.

Posted by: garraeth.3267

garraeth.3267

I really only have two “quality of life” issues/questions/hopes:

1. Any hope on getting a larger mouse pointer option? And/or option to have it never hide? It gets lost all the time during intense DEs and you need it most to place AOE, whirlwind, target, etc…and I don’t want to lift up on my mouse buttons and stop moving in order to see it.

2. Any hope for being able to rebind: loot/npc-interation/pick-up-banners/pick-up-world-objects/rez, from “f” to several keys? Rezzing is essentially a massive root. Conversations with NPCs stop looting until you’re out of range or hit [esc] — maybe make it so when you hit “f” and are in a conversation with an NPC, that it’ll still loot.

(Loot despawns by the end of a lot of DEs – so you have to loot during the DE.)

Thanks!