Developer Livestream Questions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

How close do you feel each class is to fulfilling it’s class philosophy?

Posted by: Under Web.2497

Under Web.2497

Please comment on the option to disable rightclicking which selects targets as outlined in this thread and wanted by THOUSANDS of your player base:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/An-option-to-disable-right-click-targeting/first

YES PLEASE FIX FIX FIX

Posted by: froskennn.3748

froskennn.3748

can u guys give us duels, so we can fight 1 vs 1

Posted by: Farry.8259

Farry.8259

Why isn’t there a first person camera yet?

Posted by: Dokuroizo.5348

Dokuroizo.5348

I have a few questions if you don’t mind. Pick whichever you like though.

1: It’s a sore point I think. But is the team aware that the Ranger class is in serious need of help, and if so, how do you think it should change?

2: I love WvWvW. It’s a brilliant concept in which I can really live out my fantasies of being in a real war. Sort of, at least, a bit. It just gets boring after a while. You either stomp or get stomped. And there’s no progress. The titles are a thing that will come on their own so no grinding that. The rewards aren’t really great. And at the end of the current round you just get pitted against someone else and you may go your merry way wailing at doors again.

So my question: Can you, without giving up to much details of course, explain to us what you mean by progress in WvWvW. What are your goals here, how do you want to reach them?

That is all, I thought I would’ve had more questions but alas. Well more breathing room for you guys.
And for the record, you are doing an amazing job guys. You have my respect and adoration.

PS: Please add a Melee Spellcaster, please. (No guardian, all that holy and benevolent mumbo jumbo, a real light armor bad kitten combining spear/sword with stone cold magic yo).

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

Currently, setting the interface size to small on larger monitors makes the Black Lion Trading Post’s text illegible. On higher resolutions using the “normal” interface size is just too large! Are there any plans to fix the interface sizes so we are able to read the BLTP text?

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

1. The blog post mentions “new content (created) by a guild/s everyone in the world can experience.”

• Is it possible you could go into a bit more detail?
  • Is this the first of possibly more player-generated content systems?

2. The post also mentions “WvW-only abilities”. Would it be possible to go into more detail, and maybe provide an example or two?

3. Nostalgia is a powerful tool. Are there any systems / content from Guild Wars that you are planning / be willing to bring over? For example:

• A Nicolas the Traveler style hunt for Daily rewards.
  • Skill Capturing (as opposed to just giving us the skills)
  • Vanquishing (possibly for Dungeons, since this wouldn’t really work in the open world)
Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: PolarPig.2408

PolarPig.2408

I just have one question, how will you expand the crafting in-game???

Posted by: Vixar.4570

Vixar.4570

Greetings, ArenaNet.

I’d like to ask you if you will be adding more game modes into the sPvP part of the game. The lack of a competitive PvP scene in this game does disappoint me a little. Something like TDM, CTF, Arena, etc. would be highly enjoyable because currently the competitive scene is very low due to the fact that there is only one game mode.

Sincerely, Vixar

Posted by: Mattio.4190

Mattio.4190

Hello, my question is mainly for Jonathan and is about “public test servers”… is there any intention to do this feature? If not, why?

In my opinion it would help you with many balance and unknown bugs that can’t be find in your own small testing team with 0 latency. We would be happy, because we will know what feature are next on the list and you also because there are many people who wants to help you as much as possible and you would see how it works in larger scale.

Thanks

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Can you please elaborate on your plans for changing AoE damage/strength? I’m extremely worried about this.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

About Loot drops.

Since the nov patch, there was a patch note saying champions and elites would drop better loot. They still do not. Major event chests, such as dragons, temples, and more, still give mostly blues and a rare once and awhile. Even all around loot seemed to be nerf for people farming (see thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Share-your-data-about-perceived-strange-drop-behavior-here/page/10#post1159377 which was made after getting a response from the mod).

My question is, did the patch note not make it through, is it bugged, is DR bugged, or was loot nerfed over all?

Posted by: Fastbucks.5073

Fastbucks.5073

Q: Would you ever consider a gem purchase of a level 80 character?

Posted by: Lyer.1905

Lyer.1905

Will you be adding more cosmetic items to the gem store? Town clothing, armor skins?

Will you provide a wardrobe like function for PvE armor skins, so that people can collect armors without having to take up bank space?

Will you add more craftable items to the mystic forge? Will you use obsidian shards for things other than legendaries?

Will you have more things purchaseable with karma?

(edited by Lyer.1905)

Posted by: Eric Grimm.4976

Eric Grimm.4976

Any word on Guild Halls and are you planning on adding capes?
Also just what exactly are you planning for guilds in the future? (For influence spending etc.)
I’d also like to thank you for entertaining me for a large portion of the last few months! Great job

Posted by: Myros.4675

Myros.4675

Why are Engineers penalized for their versatility, while Elementalists, which you called the “kings of versatility”, aren’t penalized?

I’d like to second this question.

This…!! I really would like to what Anet plans to do with the Engie class.. Its super-fun, but no one can deny that its under-powered when compared to other classes..

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

r.e. the AOE nerf.

Nerfing AOE in WvW only encourages zerging.

If you’re worried about AOE being too powerful in dungeons, then why don’t you split the skills for WvW and PVE. What you propose punishes WvW to help PVE, and I can only see this as you considering PVE to be the more important of the two.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

WvWvW:

Any chance of rideable(1 person) -medium moving speed- low hp – medium attack capibilities – small wooden battle viecles ?

Something for ppl to have fun with (every1 loves to have a small tank) , even if its wortless , but in the same time making them waste more money on the vendors ?

Posted by: Socrates.2106

Socrates.2106

Will you fix the targeting system?

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

targetting will we see improvements to the targeting systems ? example white and yellow named mobs not be in next/closest target rotations.

warriors warriors need some love to be viable in sPVP or tPVP at all, when ?

comments Gathering tools with no level requirement ? this is so bad I’m surprised it is still in there ! this is icing on the cake for hackers and gold sellers, they can mass mine orichalcum sell it, get gold and sell gold for money all at lv 2 !

Posted by: Energumenus.5319

Energumenus.5319

I would like to know if warriors are getting nerfed so that I can actually find a group for dungeons.

Posted by: blackysharky.7581

blackysharky.7581

Hello ArenaNet Team,

after watching the stream a few minutes ago some Questions got to my mind I’d like to ask you and I’d be very happy if you could answer them.

1.) As you said in the stream, we’re paying the bills, so why are you guys restricting so many of us in buying gems as much as we want in a month? It’s really annoying to always contact customer support to raise the account limit to buy more gems, especially when events like the “Wintersday” are going on in the world.

2.) Would it be possible or is it already planned maybe, to get some sort of an character icon, like for the world completion, for characters who crafted their legendary? So the people can tell who crafted it theirselves and who just bought it from the TP.

3.) Would it be possible to make that Legendary owners (only maybe?) can get their Legendary Skin in PvP?

4.) Could you maybe add an /friend channel? So if I talk in that channel I talk to all my friends at the same time, this would be very useful when I’m looking for a dungen group.

5.) When will the achievement for Twilight and Sunrise be fixed to show in the Character Screen? And when will the Preview feature for those 2 be fixed?

6.) And my last Question, would it be possible to add like as in groups, a symbol on the Minimap to see if Guildmembers are currently on the same Map as you?

Thanks for yout time in reading and maybe even answering these Questions here in the forums or at the next stream!

Sir Masao
Warrior
Elonas Reach [EU]

Posted by: Chilling.5370

Chilling.5370

When can we expect legendaries to be transmutable without becoming an exotic?

Posted by: SirTristan.2017

SirTristan.2017

Are you ever planing to add a preview function to GW2?

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

The armor repair cost in wvw means zerging is really the only way to go, because a zerg can revive you before you are defeated. What mechanisms do you wish to change to make zerging a little less useful, and the armor repair gold sink more tolerable?
My engineer can not do much more than pew-pew while a single war greatsword attack slices and dices, how will you provide some offense to the engineer? Using full exotic gear. And turrets are toys, except in low level pve.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

Posted by: Attacus.8730

Attacus.8730

Is there going to be new set of legendary weapons in the future or will the few skins stay unique forever?

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Okay, questiontime:

- Will we get some new “Story Missions”, Like going back to the Main City, your own Story?

- Will there be more minigames in the near future? i loved the Music at wintersday for example

- Any chance on a different way to get “unique” items? right now its either Tokens or Mystic forge (+ some rare crafting or chest). Maybe something like the “green weapons” in GW1

- Speaking of GW1, any chance we get more “old equipment” from there? i really want a “gauntlet focus” again.

- What about unfinished content? We found for example a “indiana jones 3” inspired section in AC, however there was no reward. will this change?

- Any Weapons you would like to see yourself in the game? I would like something like a Poleweapon.

- Will we get “oldschool quests”? Where we go around several areas to complete them. (not scavanger hunt)

- Any chance on a “mystic forge” rifle skin? every other weapon has one.

- Guild updates? simple stuff like a calendar or a “last log in time stamp”

- better tooltips? the ones right now are lacking

- any chance to give my mesmer an indication which illusion/phantasm is out? i use phantasm for damage, so i dont shatter them right away, however i am not always able to see which is out (a defensive or a offensive) after some AoE hits for example

Posted by: Lillebror.1275

Lillebror.1275

Since the name of the game is “GUILDWars” i think it should evolve more around guilds.
For example,
Guild halls:

A fort that you can upgrade and advance with, maybe they could be located in a second WvW zone, A GuildVGuild zone where you could bash down other guilds houses and keeps and such

Guild turnaments (Structured PvP for guilds)

And something need to be done to the profits of joining a guild.
Its really hard to get anyone to join.
But one idea i have is, what if guilds worked with Guesting between servers and you could for example start an entirely swedish guild because the amount of people wouldnt be just the swedish people on just your server (Maybe 2000 people or so)

Posted by: SquallofBalamb.8973

SquallofBalamb.8973

Any idea when personal housing will be mentioned again? Also, can you have a look at the rangers pets? some customisation would be nice but right now they’re only useful for tanking, and most aren’t very good at that, maybe a shared life ability? cos I don’t know about anyone else but as soon as anything larger than a hatchling looks at me rather than my pet I’m dead, not to mention my personal DPS is outclassed by my pet by almost 200% (I know I’ve gone for a pet tank build but its the only viable one I could think of). Last thing (hate to be a pest) Could we maybe have a bit of an increased drop rate for loadstones? Half an hour in rare level 80 magic find gear (I’m too poor for exotics) hunting down level 80 earth eles and not a single onyx loadstone to show for it.

Thanks for taking the time to talk to us btw, we do appreciate it.

Minion Master of Apex of Tyria
Warrior of GOLD
(Whiteside Ridge)

Posted by: evilinc.7023

evilinc.7023

How does the development team prioritize changes to the game? Do you prefer to create new content (such as new zones, new dungeons, etc) or to further iterate on old content that might not be working the way you want it to?

Posted by: warrior shapper.6502

warrior shapper.6502

Whats going to happen to LIONGUARD LYN?

is Chinese new year going to be Celebrated in GW2?

Is there going to be more SKINS from GW1 coming to GW2?

Dream Rider [ART]
Art of Skills Desolation EU
Warrior shapper.6502

Posted by: GodPain.2540

GodPain.2540

Any update on getting Lodestones?
Any new PvE achievments coming up?
How does Magic Find work? PLEASE answer this one =P
I know rewards are being worked on, but can you guys give us any examples? Are the crappy blues and green rewards going to end? For example, in dragon fights i know you can get a precursor, but if you don’t (almost everytime) you don’t get anything usefull and worth the time you spent on the event. In GW1 you would run a dungeon for a rare skin, but if you din’t got it you would normally and most of the times get something good (rare crafting materials)

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

What amazing buffs are you planning for Engineers?

Is Housing planned, Guild Halls?

Are you going to expand the personal story with side-quests?

And again, what amazing buffs are you planning for Engineers?

Posted by: PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

Dear ArenaNet,

I want to let you know that I have been loving your game, since the beta, and I’m pretty sure I will in years to come.

My question to you is in regard to the general philosophy of RNG (Random Number Generator) throughout much of the content. Why does obtaining a legendary require luck? Versus something more practical such as exotic gear that could be worked towards via tokens? I fail to see why something so significant is left to dumb luck. Sure legendarys can be bought from the Trading Post: but where is the merit in that? Will there be any implementation regarding the obtainment of such rarities reliably in the future?

Posted by: Ansgar.5236

Ansgar.5236

Will there ever be a feature that will allow me to challenge another player to a 1v1 duel in the open world (not in structured pvp)?
It’s really a harmless feature that would improve the game drastically in my opinion. It’s really missing that competitive feel, and the feeling of defeating someone in a 1v1 fair fight is really rewarding for many people – including myself. Not only is it rewarding, it’s always really fun. Even if you have nothing to do, like when you’re outside of a dungeon waiting to get the rest of the people for the group, it’s always fun to duel.
I understand this is not WoW, and I don’t want it to be WoW, but that feature is just what’s been missing for me. Really boggles my mind why it was never implemented.

Posted by: Sanctioned.7053

Sanctioned.7053

Where is my story? We were all lead to believe that we would have our own personal story. Aside from decisions of going left or right in quest line, I fail to see any story that represents me or what I have done. When my friends enter my personal instance it is near identical to their own. I would like to see npcs in instances that will recognize you and if your friend is there with you can tell them how the npc and I met and how I may have saved him/her from a burning building but tragically lost their spouse so I invited them to stay in my portion of the world, etc. I would like to see a section that I can create my personal story about how I came to be who I am why I fight for the vigil and not the other orders or whatever. The point is personal story is severely lacking. So are you guys doing anything to help us evolve our stories and create the world that was promised to us?

Posted by: Galeom.6832

Galeom.6832

Are you planning to implement easier management of minis and town cloths? Something from hero panel or system like GW1 would be nice.

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

The one thing that’s been really driving me nuts for the months since release is the status of the Mursaat and Seers…mostly the Mursaat, so here’s my biggest questions:

Q. Is there anything you can tell us about your plans for the Mursaat? I remember it being said that there were some really cool plans for them pre-launch; is there any way that you can elaborate on that now that we’re several months into the game? If these plans are still in the works, is there perhaps any timeline? Will the Mursaat (or Seers) be featured in a content patch within the next year? Perhaps in an expansion?

Really, any sort of mention of the Mursaat and Seers will be enough lore-fuel for me for the next long while. They are by far my two favorite races (I even go back to GW to play some Mursaat missions from time to time).

Q. Also of interest to myself and several friends is whether there’s any intent to make certain t6 mats, particularly Lodestones, more available? Charged stones and cores are particularly low in supply because of the very noticeable lack of spawn locations for air elementals, etc. So anything on that’d be cool too. But mostly the Mursaat thing.

Thanks a bunch!

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

(edited by Christos de Soufre.3802)

Posted by: Talie.2057

Talie.2057

I really LOVE this game but there are things I miss from the many years I played WoW. I really really miss mounts. I absolutely loved doing whatever I needed to to earn the different mounts. From my years of playing Final Fantasy 11, I really miss character housing.

Posted by: ExiledAtom.6953

ExiledAtom.6953

Hi Guys. Are there going to be any more skins for the crafting sets? For example, how about some racial specific sets for heavy armour etc?

Posted by: beerock.1658

beerock.1658

Any plans for deeper immersive, challenging/goal-oriented PvE dungeons or events requiring teams of 10 or 15+ raids to accomplish?

I look towards games like WoW where there is a long-term goals by players to overcome large obstacles and challenges that take preparation and teamwork to accomplish. Where guilds must work together to gather materials to provide to guildies, etc. and work towards a larger goal.

Posted by: Xithryl.2807

Xithryl.2807

Hey ArenaNet, on Topic of Guild Wars 2 but not actually in game, can we expect to see Guild Wars 2 merchandise? I remember we voted on shirt designs we liked and have yet to see that turn into anything. Can we expect to see something soon perhaps?

Any chance you can make it more obvious when someone sends you a tell or group invite? I always miss both typically because I am too busy in an amazing DE you have all created

Posted by: karbacca.4597

karbacca.4597

RP, Role Playing. One of the topics that is not nearly as big as WvW or PvP or PvE but has a very big community in places like Tarnished Coast (The unofficial RP server). Here is a small list of things I would love to see implemented for RP or just for every one.
- Ability to actually SIT in chairs.
- More animated emotes.
- A sort of built in character sheet you can edit to add things like description, background and things like that.
- New hair styles/ horn styles
- Talking emote. Something that shows you are talking in a simple motion to tell who is speaking in a crowded area.
- and just anything you guys can think of to help the RP community.

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Do you plan to do anything to balance the massive amount of transfers at the moment from WvW guilds to higher ranked servers due to the impending closure of free transfers?

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Posted by: Zumos.2056

Zumos.2056

I have to say, I’m loving the WvW large and small scale fighting, even though it’s isnt perfect yet. Which isn’t suprising as this game has not been released for a long time. One of the things me and my Guild (Red Guard) are missing, is something like raid frames for WvW. We would like to be able to create a squad with only guildies and to have raid frames in there. This helps all good guilds and their leaders to judge situations in combat. It’s very difficult (also with the culling) to see how everyone is doing in combat: can we finish the enemy off, or are we too low health and need to heal and regroup first.

Zumos
Red Guard

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

1) it’s gonna be the Housing?

2) When will the guild hall?

3) we are going to add hairstyles, and different skins ig, or shop?

4) Will there be additions maps as “magus fall” , “maguuma” or “Tarnished coast”?

5) The collapse in the human city, it’s gonna be close, and the area rebuilt?

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Posted by: Serrenitei.2601

Serrenitei.2601

Hey Anet -

Thanks for doing this – it’s awesome. I’m pretty set about what you’ve talked about so far, I just had a couple questions that are tagentially related ….

1) I heard talk about guild halls/player housing being available sometime after launch. I wondered if 1) that was still the case and 2) what quarter you are currently planning to launch in?
2) Do you have any sorts of changes in mind for world travel? I’ve seen a rather good point on the forums that you’ve crafted a beautiful world that generally gets seen once by players, then they quick travel through it all.

Posted by: Hevosin.9187

Hevosin.9187

One simple question: Why are Titles not more visible, I worked hard for my HoM title. Isn’t the whole point of a Title to show it off???

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

My question is…
Will a feature allowing us to change our account name come in the future, is it being worked on at least?

I don’t think that’s the Game devs, rather the Forum developers.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: ghostmonkey.9750

ghostmonkey.9750

I’m finding it hard to group with people to run dungeons. Are they any plans to make it simpler to find and join groups to run theses. Any queue system being developed?