Developer Livestream Questions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoal.1820

Zoal.1820

Will the rewards systems coming this year be more than the achievement based currency? Will new reward systems be large enough to compete with the current system of material grind for the mystic forge?

Posted by: Thorigrim.1342

Thorigrim.1342

Q: Are you able to tell us any possible changes to Guilds or what exactly Guild Halls would mean for a guild? (ie. what they provide the players, what a guild leader would be allowed to do with it, etc.)

Thank you for your time, keep up the great work!

Thorigrim
Circle of Honor ~ Founder
Ferguson’s Crossing

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

1.) Are there any plans to add rewards to the spvp system, from which you can benefit in the rest of the game (pve&wvw)? Like the opportunity to level in spvp up to 80, or getting some gold or items.

2.) Are there any plans, once the rating system is implemented, to allow paid solo or dual queue?

3.) Any details you can share about new spvp-incentives? At the start, getting new ranks was for me a big encouragement to play spvp (including hot join and free-solo-q-tpvp). But once i hit rank 40, that encouragement was gone. Now i have only fun playing with friends, which is a rare occurrence due to time arrangements.

4.) What do you think about strong, nearly must-have utilities like instant rez, time warp, portal…

5.) Can you share some details like the them about the next planed event?

best wishes

(I hope your company is in a good financial situation, and does not have any problems paying the electricity and/or heater bill due to problems with the light and the hood… just kidding)

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

Posted by: Nairog.3852

Nairog.3852

Dear ANet,

what is your view on RP in GW2? From what you deliver us and the way was you are going in, this game could be a cash sink for roleplayers (in positive way) and could become an RP hub.

Thank you for your time.

(edited by Nairog.3852)

Posted by: Dansa.1860

Dansa.1860

1. Do you have any plans on adding additional ways of acquiring loadstones/globs of ectoplasm?

2. How do you feel about the magic find stat in dungeons?

3. You have talked about adding new systems and making the current content better, but does that mean we won’t see any new content in the first half of 2013 (things like new zones,events,puzzles,dungeons)?

4. Are there secrets that we still have not found (dynamic events, treasures, items)? Do you have an system to track things likes that?

Posted by: Dreamer.5164

Dreamer.5164

Are there any Professions you feel need major changes? if so when will they be coming?

Will the rate that you acquire badges of honor increase at all? for example capturing towers gives 2 badges etc

You said on the live stream Ascended items will be available through the new achievement rewards. What pieces of Ascended gear can we expect to be able to be bought from them? i.e rings or new pieces?

Posted by: Vexacion.3971

Vexacion.3971

Are there any plans to increase condition caps in PvE? Many people recently have been putting forth the idea of increasing the Bleed cap on veterans and champions. Also allowing conditions to do damage to structures.

Posted by: Asukai.4507

Asukai.4507

Scythe’s from Gw1? or even a new class?

Posted by: Saikko.3908

Saikko.3908

In response to “Give us mounts pl0x”, which i’m sure you’ve seen a lot…would a racing/jousting minigame be possible?…

and Do you have plans for any more minigames soon? (Like the kegbrawl)

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

What are your plans regarding current tPvP meta ?

Are you aware there are some classes pigeon holed into 1 or 2 build AT MAX to play competitively ( thief, mesmer, warrior and necro) ?

Are you fine with current damage – damage mitigation ( burst-bunkering) ratio ?

Overall, what are your plans for PvP to make it more appealing, allow more builds to have a role in the meta and encourage the community to go into PvP ?

Posted by: Lynn.6480

Lynn.6480

When are necromancer bugs going to be addressed? My pets still don’t work properly making them useless. Also is condition damage going to be addressed as well? I have a hard time even with a group in cursed shore farming for the materials for my legendary weapon. Other classes do too much damage compared to condition damage little old me. It makes me want to reroll which I really don’t want to do

Posted by: Rush.8253

Rush.8253

Question for WvW: Will you post ALL the up-coming WvW changes before Jan 28?

I don’t understand why you can’t provide a better explanation as to what WvW changes are coming. With free server transfers end on Jan 28 and "add a new motivation to the WvW domain that goes beyond the overall weekly score to give more short term reasons to be winning in WvW as well. " This is going to change WvW population levels on a very large scale. There are already many guilds talking of moving servers before the lock.

Posted by: Nefar.8135

Nefar.8135

1.) There is a sound bug that creates pulsating noise out of the left speaker. The only way to get rid of this issue is to restart the client. Jason King posted “This is an issue we’ve been tracking for a while now, and I’ve heard we may have a fix for it in the next few days”…. This was posted FOUR months ago. There has been no updates or fix for the issue. Can you update us on this?

2.) Current commander icons are public. Will we ever see a ‘Guild’ commander icon that has the same squad features but only available to be seen by that guilds members?

3.) In WvW there are thieves that can basically remain stealth through an entire combat sequence. Is this by design or is this ‘culling’?

4.) Map sizes for WvW seem to create a atmosphere that is easily ‘zerged’. They seem more of a large size arena type map rather than a large open world conquerable environment. Will we ever see larger areas to conquer?

5.) In WvW battles you are continually moving causing one to miss the majority of their loot. Will we ever see badges go directly to our inventory?

6.) I play with one or two friends quite frequently and we find it very hindering that we can not participate in (non tournament) sPvP matches together. Will we ever see a way for groups under 5 to participate in non tournament SpVp matches?

(edited by Nefar.8135)

Posted by: FluffyDoe.7539

FluffyDoe.7539

hey there Anet devs, thanks for taking a period of your lunch time to answer our questions.

My question:
can you guys expand on balancing builds for each classes? – using the example of thief stealth as an example what do you guys have in mind for replicating the mechanics/ability shown from this skill “in a different way”? (specifically for other classes out there like the warrior, where it’s not within their class characteristic to be able to have any assassinate/escape mechanics).

(edited by FluffyDoe.7539)

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

Hi,

Any plans for Dungeons with 8+ ppl ? or something close to raids that are in other games. When i say raids i dont mean with cosmetic gear.

Posted by: beerock.1658

beerock.1658

To Mod: the link to the twitch channel is not working. I took out the s in https and it worked.

Posted by: Tiderus.3861

Tiderus.3861

What is being done About the Perceived Loot drop issues and all the data collected by the player base? I am sure I am along with many others would like some form of response to this.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Share-your-data-about-perceived-strange-drop-behavior-here/first

Posted by: BloodyNightmare.9832

BloodyNightmare.9832

Hi! I’m curious will there be any skins/ armour available like the ‘’Blood Legion’’ Armour would be really cool if such armour and other available as skins and thanks for keeping the good work with the awsume game! Would appriciate alot if get to know this

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

We need more info about this AOE nerf as this is a huge change for many classes.

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Remember that Asura robot mini-game beta event?
Ever seeing that again?

The great forum duppy.

Posted by: Monkey.9541

Monkey.9541

Will there be a color blind mode??

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

For some people, it seems that the way WvW has been implemented has compromised the wider game community(such as guesting and guild upgrades) how would you refute this?

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Posted by: Keirion.9105

Keirion.9105

1. There are a couple of posts sort of asking about this already, but:

Could you elaborate at all on the plans for guild upgrades. You said in the first part of the livestream that you would be adding higher tier upgrades, can you say more? Is there an intention to connect this to what is probably the most desired system to be added to the game (guild halls)?

2. Could you elaborate on how the story will be moving forward? Colin mentioned that the January update would bring the set up for the next stage of the story. Will you be using more PS quests, open world activities/events, something completely different?

3. Is there any plan for more open world bosses? I know Colin mentioned upgrading the 3 dragons, but man would it be awesome to have twice that number of open world major bosses, especially in mid level zones.

Posted by: Thirsty.2875

Thirsty.2875

Q: Can we expect anything in the near future (6 Months) to be done about build variety apart from balance changes? More skills? More trait options? Weapon types?

Q: Will we get more sPvP maps with interesting secondary mechanics? So far so good but they have used up most of the easy ones already.

Q: Spectating ETA? I know you don’t want to give a timeline and I understand but are you aiming for sometime in our “EXPANSIONS WORTH OF CONTENT FOR FREE” we were told about coming Q1 2013 or are we looking at “Hopefully sometime 2013”?

Spill The Blood <- Join The sPvP Guild

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Is there any priority to balance weapon types? Currently it seems that Greatswords dominate melee, while most off-hand items are ignored. When and how will underused weapon types be made more appealing?

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

About Loot drops.

Since the nov patch, there was a patch note saying champions and elites would drop better loot. They still do not. Major event chests, such as dragons, temples, and more, still give mostly blues and a rare once and awhile. Even all around loot seemed to be nerf for people farming (see thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Share-your-data-about-perceived-strange-drop-behavior-here/page/10#post1159377 which was made after getting a response from the mod).

My question is, did the patch note not make it through, is it bugged, is DR bugged, or was loot nerfed over all?

My question, also!

Since November 15, there has been a serious issue going on with loot drops. What is being done to address this problem?

PS: If the change was made purposely, for goodness sakes, just say so.

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Q: Solo / Duo queue. Nuff said.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

Posted by: Shumaru.6054

Shumaru.6054

Since you guys are nerfing range AOE classes can you also make a change on stealth by leveling aoe role by having it break stealth for a sec or even add glitter effect on stealth class if they get hit by AOE like someone also suggested?

Posted by: iniside.4736

iniside.4736

Will we get vertical offset camera adjustment ? It’s really sad when you get closer with camera on for example human and half of the screen is took by floor.

And what about Guild Halls ?

Posted by: Ansgar.5236

Ansgar.5236

Will you ever implement open world 1v1 duels? At least in heart of the mists? I want that so bad…..

Posted by: Ansatsu.2678

Ansatsu.2678

Will you ever make more armor and weapon skins? Also other Legendary weapons just for the look? And NOT favor Greatswords??? I know whoever draws your weapons favors Greatswords. ><

Posted by: zinkn.8537

zinkn.8537

Are you going to add new Pve dungeons in the future? if so are we going to see “raid” like dungeons with more then 5 players?

Posted by: abys.2985

abys.2985

Hi i would like to know what you will do with the future fractals cause i realy enjoy playing them but as far as i see it there are none better rewards past lvl 40-50 ye a beterchance for a ring or so but i already got over 20 rings.. so dont realy need them
will you add some thing nice that you can get with like 10k fractal relics?

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

For the upcoming WvW patch, what is the other focus besides character progression and rewards? Is there going to be any big changes involving the mechanics and how WvW is played?

Right now it seems the meta is whoever has the bigger zerg wins. I’d like to see more strategy encouraged as far as starving the enemy of supply. More emphasis on siege warfare.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

Question regarding WvW – Upgrade Costs

For players who exclusively do WvW the economics of earning coin do not add up. The coin gained from drops and events does not equal the cost of doing multiple upgrades at towers, keeps, or castles. Has there been any discussion of adding a feature that allows partial upgrades to be purchased such that multiple players can pool their coin to complete an upgrade? If not, will the coin rewards from WvW events be reviewed and increased?

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

(edited by Tekyn.5376)

Posted by: Dizzy.1849

Dizzy.1849

any plans for character name change? that would be great! also any changes on legendary weapon recipes?

Posted by: Freelancer.5107

Freelancer.5107

Does ArenaNet plan to overhaul the dynamic events in areas with less population and/or encourage higher level players to continue adventures in such zones? Often I find myself completing these dynamic events with at most one other person. Would it be possible to increase the size of the affected area to include surrounding zones then post a news bulletin through the quest tracker for these events?

Posted by: Qwerty Azerty.1790

Qwerty Azerty.1790

What is the status on the activities like polymock ?

Though many activities were announced before initial release, many have yet to be implemented. Keg Brawl, Mystic Forge, and Diving are the only activities in game at this time (gw2 wiki).

Posted by: codingCaptor.9428

codingCaptor.9428

I’m very interested to hear about PvE consumeable items (like ash legion spy kits) They are very cool, but I’m curious about the design philosophy behind them, and their greater place in the PvE world.

I’m also very concerned/curious how they are supposed to play into WvW (If at all) as some of them still are fully operable in a WvW setting. Mayhaps some will become available for purchase at secret WvW vendors in the future? wink wink nudge nudge

Posted by: CrimsonBlade.6483

CrimsonBlade.6483

As a guild officer, I’m really curious to know if we will get more information in regards to whether you can talk about more things we can do in guild. Is a “date last seen” or “time last online” in the guild roster being considered?

Posted by: lukemorley.8602

lukemorley.8602

When are you going to fix the drop rate on Final Rest? Seeing as to my knowledge it has not been looted by a single player on any server (clearly broken)

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

2 questions:
Is there a way to make stealth not effect culling? an entire zerg with enough thieves and mesmers can essentially be invisible in huge battles for several minutes at a time (I’m looking at you, SoR)
Can we have a way to make gold in sPvP besides playing paid tournaments?

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Damaris.3479

Damaris.3479

Are you guys working on the graphics bug with headpieces and town clothes? It was sad enough over Halloween and the Witches’ Hat, but worse that I actually spent gems to get a head item that promptly turned the toon wearing it bald as a cue ball.

Posted by: savov.3712

savov.3712

PvE Qs:1. Can You, please, give a bit more information on the upcomming changes to dungeons/fractals, especially the one about rezing in combat. How it will work? What will be the drawbacks and will this transfer outside of dungeon/fractal modes (like in pvp/wvw)?

2. With the 2013 blog post it was said that battles with open world bosses will be modified. Any plans to make dragon battles more dynamic and specifically with more stages (like Claw of Jormag) and less/none “blind spots”, where the players can deal dmg to the boss, but they are just outside of its range.

3. What will be the "party/group size) for the guild missions? Will they be varying or repeatable?

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

The lack of cross region guesting is proving to be huge disappointment to many, many players. How are you going to address these and ensure these long standing international communities of friends can flourish.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Posted by: JDragon.1807

JDragon.1807

I would like to know more different ways to get precursors and lodestones ( just been a rough month and still little progress on my legendary quest). and for WvW to be fair. WvW is too much to handle with people just Zerging our server, i thought WvW is more about tactics and deceptions. I just would like to know more about them if this question would be chosen thank you so much for the game more power to Arenanet

Happy Hunting Everyone

Posted by: rtnieuwboer.6071

rtnieuwboer.6071

Posted by: PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

Is there any information regarding class balance? Engineer turret changes, Elementalist AoE reduction, Mesmer illusion/clone fixes, Necromancer pet AI, etc?

Posted by: Ruufio.1496

Ruufio.1496

Why are Necromancers forced to use “on kill” traits which are useless in PvP?

Posted by: Strikerjolt.5910

Strikerjolt.5910

Can we please have PTR (Public Test Realms) servers yet?!
With all this big talk about nerfs, and such they need to be implemented so you guys don’t nerf more classes into the ground like you have already.

PTR are a most if you want this game to be great, and thriving.