Developer Livestream Questions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BraveSirRobin.3497

BraveSirRobin.3497

I might be in too late already to post this question but here goes.

My guild loves running dungeons and after doing them so many times they have gotten really easy. I heard you talking about removing the ability to run back into a boss fight when you die but you also said that some fights were going to be nerfed because of this change. Currently we already hardly wipe on any boss so the nerfing of bosses does ring alarm bells for me. So my question is:

How do you aim to keep the game challeging for the more experienced PvE players? I’m not asking to boost the difficulty up without people being able to choose whether they want a challenge or not. Adding something in the line of Hard Mode as in GW1 would greatly boost my enjoyement of the game.

Achievements which aim at finishing a dungeon in a certain manner, speed etc would also be welcome.

Thanks for the stream btw. It’s a great way to communicate with the GW2 players!

Posted by: mars.7543

mars.7543

any chance well see obsidian armor like in guild wars 1? I think that would be a great legendary armor set. thanks

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Can you please source these rumors? I’ve already done everything there is to do in GW1, but I still play it occasionally out of nostalgia… I would hate to see it go.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

Posted by: Vis.6357

Vis.6357

P and C are out

Posted by: ALeetNoob.4830

ALeetNoob.4830

Status on when the Mac client is going to move out of beta? Its has some sound/FPS issues right now.

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Duels, will we see them coming any time soon? What about new sPvP game modes?

Posted by: Ingram of Haz.5987

Ingram of Haz.5987

I would love to see new lands opened up in the next paid for expansion (DLC) exclusive from the gem store. Specifically the Day of the Tengu. We already have a door for access to the region in Caledon Forest (Titan’s Staircase Waypoint) that would open the eastern side up to a new territory. I think this would serve as a wonderful addition and proof of concept to push further more expansive PvE content as DLCs through the gem store. The only other major problem Our guild is having is team size. Please make a paid for way for increasing team size to 8 players. the original Game was 8 player based save for the very early areas of the game and having a high level evolved character limited to only 5 players severely limits builds (given that we do not have enough skills to provide true individual build uniqueness as we had in the original) this would be the LEAST Anet could do to address the lack of balanced team builds. Right now Dungeons are overrun with Guardians and Warriors alone with very few reasons to bring anything else cause they just dont survive & end up being a waste of time to have on a team. If that team had an option of being 8 players however and making the dungeons properly scaled with added difficulty for doing that, then the team balance would be better preserved. Please consider this as I know Both of these DLC options would sell in a heartbeat on the Gem store as opposed to the useless and unpopular Town costumes you tend to release now.

HAZTEAM Guild
Jade Quarry
www.hazteam.net

Posted by: PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

Will there be any changes to the Engineer class? They seem to suffer from mediocre: single-target damage, AoE, healing, damage mitigation, and RNG skills. Kits seems to be watered-down Elementalist attunements, Turrets seem to be immobile Mesmer clones/illusions, and Elixirs seem to be blatant concoctions of other class skills. Can you clarify how the Engineer shines, when in comparison to the other classes?

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

Q: Magic find stifles creative gear builds and generally makes people more selfish. Any chances of adapting Magic-find elsewhere in the game outside of gear stats?

Q: Customisable skill-bars/hotbars any time soon? (Even the most basic MMO’s have this feature. It would only benifit GW2)

(edited by nethykins.7986)

Posted by: index.5284

index.5284

I was gonna ask about the group finder feature… however after all of the comments i think ill just say thanks for all of the hard work…

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Speaking of “viable builds”, yet there’s a huge change coming to AoE (i.e. nerfing it). This will lower the prospects of Staff Elementalists, which are already not popular build compared to Dagger/Dagger.

Q?: How will you help increased the viability of Staff Elementalist and Grenade Engineer after the AoE nerf occurs? Especially after grenades were already nerfed in December’s patch?

Q?:Why is AoE getting such a huge nerf in the first place, considering that zerging is a large problem in WvW and AoE was a marginal counter against zergs? Will there be a solution to zerging in the near future that’ll make WvW more fun?

Posted by: Deaggs.4182

Deaggs.4182

Minipets – I miss mini pets from GW, i think you should implement a minipet slot similar to the ‘back’ slot. so it wont take up space and hopefully more people will have minipets out and about!

also maybe some further dye options for expensive armors. example being norn cultural tier 3, the cape and trim should be separately dye-able from other parts. earn all the money to get it. i want more control please! x

Posted by: KariMejik.7923

KariMejik.7923

Will there ever be asthetics added, such as more hairstyles and faces? Or town clothes that you can get from doing certain questlines or achievements?

Would you ever consider not having the WvW map be part of exploration? When your team is failing terribly, it is endlessly difficult to explore all of the maps.

Will you ever add a guild name change feature? Perhaps pay gold or real money for it? If you decide you dislike your guild’s name now, you have to start over at 0 infulence and that is sad

Have you decided how you’ll do your expansions? Similar to GW1, with different campaigns, or will each dragon that surfaces just change the map forever? That would feel more real for your evolving, changing world ^^

Also, I love you guys. Keep up the good work

Posted by: Kable.4865

Kable.4865

there will be mounts or/and flying mounts in future attualizations?

Posted by: OneAlmond.4189

OneAlmond.4189

Are there plans to let other disciplines craft legendary items? Only a few disciplines have them right now.

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

Is there any thought or movement concerning fixing clarifying the way Minor and Major Sigils work that extend condition duration for burning, bleeding or poison.

Unless one stacks condition duration on lower level characters, the minor and major sigils in these lines are worthless since their percent is not enough to earn an additional ‘tick’ for activation.

How about replacing the Minor and Major Sgils duration extension values with 1 and 2 seconds respectively?

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

Posted by: Kable.4865

Kable.4865

why do i have to pay for gems if i already paid for the game? ‘-’

Posted by: GodPain.2540

GodPain.2540

Another question i remembered about guesting… Have you guys thought on giving us an option to enter the most populated server in a specific area? I mean, everyone that is in metrica province, for example, could go to the same server and have lots of player activity in that area.

Posted by: Winger.4765

Winger.4765

Was wondering about guild mail, way to update/spread news to entire guild via mail.

Posted by: Vyce.2014

Vyce.2014

Do you guys feel like the classes are relatively close in terms of balance?

If not, do you think they will only require minor tweaks to get them there? Or can we ever expect more significant changes?

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Does anyone know if there will be a text summary of the stream since I can’t watch well I am at work (I drive for work)?

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Posted by: Vexacion.3971

Vexacion.3971

Will the LFG tool allow you to ‘queue’ a partial group of 2-4? If so does it allow you to queue cross-server/overflow?

Posted by: Gray.9502

Gray.9502

Can we expect more weapon skills for the already existing weapons?

Like, multiple choices of skill 1-5, so we could swap them out like we can with utility skills.

Also this is just a warrior question: Are the sword offhand skill 4 and 5 here to stay? I really like dual wielding swords just for the looks, but after spending hours/days working out some builds, I can’t find anything that would make sword skills 4 and 5 as useful as axe/warhorn/shield.

Thanks!

Ace Bloodseeker[CRIT]

Posted by: kosmo.2437

kosmo.2437

My Questions:
Do u plan on adding new skills for weapons?
Do u plan on adding a tool that would enable us to make/save/load builds(traits+right bar skills).
What do u think about trait fees?
What about skill combos?

my opinion on gw2 combat is that it is shallow, linear, and restrictive.

Meaning of live:Defend the Titles!

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Will the costumes be buy-able from an NPC Costume Maker like in GW1 so they will not fill up inventory space?

Posted by: Ancientwolf.2580

Ancientwolf.2580

If the Dungeon’s are going to be on a Checkpoint system instead of waypoints will the health regeneration boss’s receive from going into out of combat mode be removed. I can see it being an issue if it isn’t if you are going without a fully organized and specific built party making PUG groups worthless and preventing helping new players complete them.

Is the Magic Find Issue close to being fixed. I am still having the issue of my Characters with no Magic Find increase finding and getting better drops than my one with Magic Find.

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

With free transfers having been open for so long, WvW servers have become highly unbalanced thanks to so many people transferring to top tier servers because they want to be on top without doing any work.

So my question is, with free transfer ending and paid transfers coming in, will you be helping to balance out the servers yourselves in the future? i.e. free transfers to specific low tier/population servers, and/or giving people incentives to move from high tier/population server to low ones?

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

O yes i forgot

Why are their so many invisible walls in PvE? i understand the ones around the outside as this is a zone based game but why are they found in the middle of the zone sometimes or like mount maelstrom(can only climb to the top of the mountain from one side and you hit an invisible wall if you climb down the other side) blocking your ability to move around the environment in a normal way.

Posted by: Wombat.6297

Wombat.6297

How do we fix the zerg wins all issues in WvW? The strategy needs to increase so we can penalize, win by force tactics that appear to be the only valid option with todays system.

-Phil

Posted by: Avrius.4953

Avrius.4953

You talked about increasing the number of viable builds and balancing many of the existing ones in regards to pvp however stat specialization(amulets and other sources) seems to me the greatest hindrance to this effort. Essentially stat specialization leads to certain weapon and trait combinations being incompatible and as long as the status quo remains the large majority of builds will not be viable. Extreme glass cannon and bunker builds are also made possible because of this game design. If stats were standardized or specialization made to be more subtle a lot of build and class balance problems may disappear.

Q: I ask the developers why did you decide to try and mimic moba stat specialization when the game could perhaps be more enjoyable without it? Were traits, weapons and utility skills not enough character customization? Was stat specialization added into the game at a later date in the development of Guild Wars 2?

Posted by: Falnker.3456

Falnker.3456

Hi, i got a question about Legendary’s in my head for a couple of months now, i hope i can get a reply now :-)

As already has been stated, the NON-transmuted Legendary’s will be upgraded to ascended stats when the ascended weapons are released in-game. But what about the different stats of Legendary’s? Alot of people don’t like the current stats of Legendary’s so will there be a quest or some mystic forge recipes to change the stats?

I really would love to see this happen, and i’m sure alot of other players too. But i really hope i can get an answer :-)

Posted by: Zhead.2675

Zhead.2675

Are there any plans to add a similar system like there was in Guild Wars to let people save Builds / Equipment for PvP ?

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

why do i have to pay for gems if i already paid for the game? ‘-’

Other MMO’s make you pay a $15 a month subscription fee, and that’s after you pay for the game…

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Posted by: Fabian.6120

Fabian.6120

Are there more armors and weapons in progress? And also titles, which you don’t get with money?

Posted by: Danuta.3219

Danuta.3219

will you add in the near future: duel system or something for pvp 1 on 1; preview on black lion’s armor sets and weapons; trade system?

Posted by: Xero.6874

Xero.6874

I started a guild upon launch, and as alot of guilds, it didn’t last because guild wars 2 seemed to lose it’s value upon getting level 80.
I am wondering when (if possible to cover) Guild Halls, Guild Arena’s etc. Will possibly be covered later in the future. As it is a semi-big thing for players to have guild halls to gather in and generally mess around, Hopefully not ‘really small’ in scale.

Another thing I would be very interested in is adding actual quests into the game similar to guild wars 1. I’m not saying take out the events and hearts we do, but add in seperate quest lines, and simple easy to do quests, that have fun things to do in them.

Also, preview system in trading post! haha.

The ability to create build templates similar to the original guild wars. (from a friend).

Also, increase guild functionality, (ie show last login time,and joined times.)

Posted by: Pyrotechnic Hell.3209

Pyrotechnic Hell.3209

Hi
You Spoke about more viable builds for classes yet nerfing AoE, what will this mean for staff elementalists and will it force even more people to use d/d

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

I have just one question……..

Is anyone right now even looking at the possibilities of new weapons for class’s for the future.

Posted by: Chrispytoast.3698

Chrispytoast.3698

What is going to be done to make the character’s class have more impact on their personal story? Currently if you make the same default choices as someone else of the same race but you are different classes the story is the same. This hurts the idea that my character is unique.

Save the orphans of Divinity’s Reach
Send Gold to: Chrispytoast

Posted by: Axvel.7352

Axvel.7352

My Question:

Will there be a storyline quest that allows us to experience the Battle of Ascalon in a Chaar or Human Perspective of the event? I would like it if I could delve more further into Ascalon’s history before and during the Foefire.

Is there any plans for new classes or races? It would be awesome if quaggans were a playable race!

Posted by: Goorman.7916

Goorman.7916

My first question is about GvG.Do you have any plans for it, and if you do, can you share any general ideas(very general, thus you won’t upset us as consumers) about what it will be like? (maybe something like WoE from RO or GvG from GW1?)
I am asking such question because the most powerful reason for a person to stay in online world are the social connection, often created in the guilds, so it is important to keep players playing the game AS a guild, not as individuals, but now there is hardly in the game place for guild(no matter how big) to work together on some epic goal.(WvW does not provide that of course, as you can’t be in your castle 24s to assure it’s safety.And there are generally little to do for guilds and no sources of satisfaction inside WvW, no feeling you have accomplished something important)
My second question is about skillshots. There are not a lot of them in the game, but i am sure they will provide a lot of depth in the game, as well as increasing skill cap)What opinion does GW2 crew have about such mechanic?
Fot those of you who don’t know, skillshot are skills, that you have to actually hit your target with to deal effect.As example Ezreal(as well as many others characters)from LoL or all characters from the Bloodline champions game can be given.

Ash Goorman, 80 level ranger
Lavern Goorman, 80 level thief
Spvp rank 41

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Are there any plans for re-doing the whole current storyline in order to make it feel more different for each race / character?

(edited by Ronah.2869)

Posted by: Sladeakakevin.4162

Sladeakakevin.4162

When will we be able to buy an item in the Gem store that allows us to change our name?

Posted by: Chrispytoast.3698

Chrispytoast.3698

In expansions/updates how many more weapons/weapons skills are you planning to add to make the weapon abilities seem less stale?

Are you going to add low cooldown elites like WoH or TripleChop where their abilities are something you use in your normal skill rotation rather than at specific points?

Save the orphans of Divinity’s Reach
Send Gold to: Chrispytoast

Posted by: SAtaarcoeny.8476

SAtaarcoeny.8476

Can you tell me what your reasoning is for wanting to nerf AOE? please dont i dont want PVP dumbed down

you can go here to see why i think is a bad bad idea https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/AOE-not-to-strong-dont-change-reply-devs/first#post1229806

URTFC.COM

BIG GW2 TOURNAMENT INC SPONSORED BY URTFC.COM

Posted by: FourthVariety.5463

FourthVariety.5463

Paid Expansions?

New Weapons, new Skills? <- Horizontal Progression

Posted by: Xithryl.2807

Xithryl.2807

Are there plans to add more abilities for the different weapon types? So that we have options to change out items 1 – 5 on our skill bars?

Posted by: Jackard.3071

Jackard.3071

Will we be seeing a bugfix soon for hats making characters bald, which is especially apparent for NPCs in cutscenes?

Posted by: Ravious.4269

Ravious.4269

What’s going on with Zhaitan’s body?

Kill Ten Rats – an MMO blog

Posted by: Salamol.7963

Salamol.7963

Guesting -

Many people are unhappy with the result of the guesting system, they feel lied to. Are you at least working on a way to allow cross region guesting, or are you just giving up, and cutting guilds (communities built in GW1) in half?

Follow me: @Salamolign
Mist Angels [Mist] – Piken Square