I don't understand

I don't understand

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mesme.5028

mesme.5028

I don’t understand the way the devs think.

I started poss 7 months ago in gw2, my main is a warrior and atm im trying to progress in fracts, i have ascended rings etc, rings being infused also.

I recently crafted an ascended greatsword but unlike ele for example i need more than 1 weapon set, so now i need to level other crafting as i need an axe a mace and a bow, feels like some classes get the raw end of the deal.

Onto ar and fracts, my warrior with greatsword has 50 ar, range she has 40, i am doing 40+ fracts but suffer from agony as not enough ar, so whilst i still need axe/mace and bow i thought it would be faster to get the ar i need in crafting armor so i leveled that and again very costly, i have crafted ascended gloves but now my funds are low, under 40g, i do dungeons for gold and dailys.

I wince on thinking how much time and effort i have to put into the game doing things i don’t want or like to do, crafting and endless farming of world bosses most lower level in order to get the ore needed to craft the items i need for ar to do what is gw2 end game content.

Being forced to do unwanted content and crafting isnt much fun, It feels like the game is a time gated crafting game, most who have played from the release will have enough gold to get ascended and possibly very few will venture into high level fracts.

I don’t understand why ar gear isnt obtainable from fract relics, all dungeon armor is from dungeon tokens so why not fracts? i wouldn’t care if it was exotic as long as it had ar, if others want to get ascended for better stats that’s fine, but why is the content i want to out of reach as not enough gold? should content not be doable as we as a player progress and not be based on how much gold and mats we have?

I don't understand

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

You are not forced to do it.
Technically you don’t even need one ascended weapon to get enough AR in order to do the highest level Fractal, due to the infused rings having very high AR limit.

Another thing that basically kills your argument is the fact that there is basically no new content at higher levels, it is more or less the same content as seen during lvl 1 (or 10 if you want to count agony as content) and thus, you don’t need any AR at all in order to experience all content in the game.

You also have to keep in mind that AR is more or less the only end-game progression, and only needed for a very specific part of the game, and if you don’t want the progression, then maybe said specific content is not for you?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

I don't understand

mesme.5028

Technically you don’t even need one ascended weapon to get enough AR in order to do the highest level Fractal, due to the infused rings having very high AR limit.

Another thing that basically kills your argument is the fact that there is basically no new content at higher levels, it is more or less the same content as seen during lvl 1 (or 10 if you want to count agony as content) and thus, you don’t need any AR at all in order to experience all content in the game.

You also have to keep in mind that AR is more or less the only end-game progression, and only needed for a very specific part of the game, and if you don’t want the progression, then maybe said specific content is not for you?

I think you are missing the point, i love fracts and that is what i enjoy most, i do need the ar and as such i am forced to farm world bosses and craft in order to obtain ascended armor around 70 ar is needed for level 50 fracts, again unless you have lots mats and gold to get enough in the way of ar high lever fracts isnt playable.

I don't understand

lordkrall.7241

And you are ignoring my post.
You don’t need to have a single piece of Ascended armor in order to do lvl 50 Fractals, seeing as you can get more than enough AR from simply upgrading the infusions in your rings.
And since you claim to love fractals you shouldn’t have much issues getting more then enough infusions to upgrade them quite high without having to spend more gold than you earn.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

I don't understand

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

More choice is a disadvantage? All you need is Rifle and GS anyway.

I don't understand

mesme.5028

You don’t need to have a single piece of Ascended armor in order to do lvl 50 Fractals, seeing as you can get more than enough AR from simply upgrading the infusions in your rings.
And since you claim to love fractals you shouldn’t have much issues getting more then enough infusions to upgrade them quite high without having to spend more gold than you earn.

So 2 rings with what is max ?+10 infusions? , gl in level 50 fracts with that.

I don't understand

lordkrall.7241

Max is MUCH higher than +10-
There is currently +15 infusions available in the database (and that means someone have actually made it) and they have stated that it will be possible to get a very high number.

You need 70 AR to do lvl 50 Fractal with as little Agony damage as possible.
With two infused rings you can get 40 AR (+15 infusions and the +5 from the regular slots) and then with an infused backitem you can get another 20, which put you up to 60 AR.
And then you have the 10 AR from the Accessories and another 5 AR from the Amulet, which put you at a total of 75 AR.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

I don't understand

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

You may want to keep up to date with patch notes and new mechanics in the game. Infused rings can now hold crafted AR infusions of up to +30. Although incredibly expensive to get to the +30 end of the scale, getting a +10 for each ring is not that expensive. With the original +5 AR in each infused ring plus a +10 infusion slotted in each that would give you a total of +30 AR from two rings.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Infusion

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

I don't understand

mesme.5028

There is currently +15 infusions available in the database (and that means someone have actually made it) and they have stated that it will be possible to get a very high number.

With two infused rings you can get 40 AR (+15 infusions and the +5 from the regular slots) and then with an infused backitem you can get another 20, which put you up to 60 AR.
And then you have the 10 AR from the Accessories and another 5 AR from the Amulet, which put you at a total of 75 AR.

I have a life outside of gw2, to get the amount of infusions required you would have to live in fracts from the date infusions started dropping, unless you have a ton of gold to obtain them via the tp.

I don't understand

mesme.5028

You may want to keep up to date with patch notes and new mechanics in the game. Infused rings can now hold crafted AR infusions of up to +30. Although incredibly expensive to get to the +30 end of the scale, getting a +10 for each ring is not that expensive. With the original +5 AR in each infused ring plus a +10 infusion slotted in each that would give you a total of +30 AR from two rings.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Infusion

Wouldnt leveling infusions require you to level artificer? then as you say the cost of said infusions from tp, idk if that is a viable option.

I don't understand

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

I have a life outside of gw2, to get the amount of infusions required you would have to live in fracts from the date infusions started dropping, unless you have a ton of gold to obtain them via the tp.

+10 infusion is only 117g on the TP. If you claim you have a life outside of the game, maybe work an extra 3-4 hours, convert 50$ into gems to 200g or so and you get 2 of these.

+10+5 = 15 on both rings ALONE is +30 AR. Two accessories +10, the amulet +5, backpiece +5. That’s totaling to +50 AR from trinkets. You said you have weapons that’s another +10. You would have +60 AR

I don't understand

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

I believe you only need level 100 artificer to refine the infusions together. That is very cheap to do, much cheaper then levelling a profession to 500 for the purposes of crafting ascended armour or additional ascended weapons.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

I don't understand

mesme.5028

+10 infusion is only 117g on the TP. If you claim you have a life outside of the game, maybe work an extra 3-4 hours, convert 50$ into gems to 200g or so and you get 2 of these.

+10+5 = 15 on both rings ALONE is +30 AR. Two accessories +10, the amulet +5, backpiece +5. That’s totaling to +50 AR from trinkets. You said you have weapons that’s another +10. You would have +60 AR

So your advice is buy gems and trade to gold, isnt gw2 f2p ? or as some have said it’s getting more buy to win, also 60ar isnt enough for 50 fracts.

I don't understand

mesme.5028

I believe you only need level 100 artificer to refine the infusions together. That is very cheap to do, much cheaper then levelling a profession to 500 for the purposes of crafting ascended armour or additional ascended weapons.

Thats a fair point, although i have sold and used most the infusions i have in order to level weapons and armor, atm ive around 40g so buying from the tp isnt an option. but thanks anyway:).

I don't understand

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

It has become a habit for many of us.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

I don't understand

mesme.5028

So i had things to do rl, but i thought on your suggestion on making 2 +15 infusions,
at the cost of tp infusions a person would have to spend around 3500 gold to get the two infusions, infusion drop rates in fracts makes this as viable an option as buying from the tp, so yes we are forced to craft and grind world bosses for armor with infusion slots.

(edited by mesme.5028)

I don't understand

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

“Unlike ele for example I need more than one weapon set…”

So does ele. We can’t weapon swap, but I, for example, use a staff in wvw and scepter + dagger in other areas. Daggers aren’t artificer. In fact, every class uses weapons from different crafts. So don’t feel sad about that

I don't understand

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

You had enough gold to get Weaponsmith and Armorsmith to 500 and craft two pieces of ascended gear. You may have spent your time and money unwisely, but you clearly have dedicated a significant portion of your free time to playing the game even for things you don’t really want to do. So why complain about spending it doing the things you want to do?

I don't understand

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

I will answer you now OP.
How do devs think? They think how to get you to stay in game and ways of encouraging you to buy gems. That is all you are encountering.

I don't understand

Posted by: RedShipRaider.9560

RedShipRaider.9560

When ‘You don’t have to play.’ is the answer, it means pretty bad things for the game in question.

It is generally best to ignore strawman trolling arguments. But let’s follow this bit of nonsense to it’s end anyways.

The ideal goal would be 70 AR. You make the claim that you can ‘simply’ get there just from Infused rings. So we are looking at 5 AR on each of them from standard infusions, leaving 60 to go. That means you are looking for +30 Agony Infusions. The cost for the Thermocatalytic Reagents alone for each +30 Agony Infusion is over 8 million gold. This is ignoring the cost to get over five hundred million +1 Agony Infusions.

So let’s look for something a bit less trollish and at least closer to reality. Such as full ascended trinkets, infused back and rings. From the standard +5 Infusions you can hit 30 Agony Resistance, leaving 40 to go with three Agony Infusion slots. Getting +13 Agony Infusions isn’t as absurd as +30’s at least. But you are still looking at 4,096 +1 Agony Infusions for each of them. This is far more than you can actually farm on your own, forcing you to go to the Trading Post for at least a portion of them. At 15 silver each, you are looking at 614 gold, and then another 61 and a quarter gold for the Th. Reagents needed to combine them. So 675 gold for each Agony Infusion, and you need three of them. And at the rate that FotM give gold, you are going to be at it for years before you have gathered 2k gold for this.

And now we are back to where we started. The idea of ‘Just use Agony Infusions and you don’t have to grind anything but fratals!’ is absolutely absurd. No matter how you want to break it down, Agony Resistance is a very significant barrier to entry. Which wouldn’t be a bad thing, if there were other enjoyable endgame activities to GW2. But as it stands you have tPvP, WvW, and high level Fractals of the Mist.

And it seems like there are quite a few people who looked at the situation that the OP describes here and decided that the “we don’t make grindy games” MMO that they bought into isn’t really worth grinding up to the point where they could start playing effectively.

I don't understand

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

I’m not trying to be a jerk here, but maybe you should just stick with 40-49 fractals until you have the mats to get more AR?

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

I don't understand

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

It is generally best to ignore strawman trolling arguments. But let’s follow this bit of nonsense to it’s end anyways.

The ideal goal would be 70 AR. You make the claim that you can ‘simply’ get there just from Infused rings. So we are looking at 5 AR on each of them from standard infusions, leaving 60 to go. That means you are looking for +30 Agony Infusions. The cost for the Thermocatalytic Reagents alone for each +30 Agony Infusion is over 8 million gold. This is ignoring the cost to get over five hundred million +1 Agony Infusions.

So let’s look for something a bit less trollish and at least closer to reality. Such as full ascended trinkets, infused back and rings. From the standard +5 Infusions you can hit 30 Agony Resistance, leaving 40 to go with three Agony Infusion slots. Getting +13 Agony Infusions isn’t as absurd as +30’s at least. But you are still looking at 4,096 +1 Agony Infusions for each of them. This is far more than you can actually farm on your own, forcing you to go to the Trading Post for at least a portion of them. At 15 silver each, you are looking at 614 gold, and then another 61 and a quarter gold for the Th. Reagents needed to combine them. So 675 gold for each Agony Infusion, and you need three of them. And at the rate that FotM give gold, you are going to be at it for years before you have gathered 2k gold for this.

And now we are back to where we started. The idea of ‘Just use Agony Infusions and you don’t have to grind anything but fratals!’ is absolutely absurd. No matter how you want to break it down, Agony Resistance is a very significant barrier to entry. Which wouldn’t be a bad thing, if there were other enjoyable endgame activities to GW2. But as it stands you have tPvP, WvW, and high level Fractals of the Mist.

And it seems like there are quite a few people who looked at the situation that the OP describes here and decided that the “we don’t make grindy games” MMO that they bought into isn’t really worth grinding up to the point where they could start playing effectively.

I just want to thank RedShipRaider.9560 for this post.

I don't understand

mesme.5028

When ‘You don’t have to play.’ is the answer, it means pretty bad things for the game in question.

I didn’t know it would be that much, its a crazy amount, ty for posting it.

I don't understand

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If it’s becoming harder to have fun, take a break for a while. Only not logging in will make the devs pay attention.

I don't understand

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Yeah I leveled Weaponsmithing and made a sword and dagger. Then leveled Leatherworking and got the life force in me totally drained by 3 Armor pieces to the point where I don’t feel like making the rest, lol. And now if I want a bow and pistol I need to level Huntsmen to 500. >.<

On top of how insane it is to make everything you need the fact that I will never see one of them drop from something is also pretty sadpandaish. There isn’t even a steady way to even look for one, or a specific one that you want. It’s all super random like Precursors.

It’s a very unfun~ process. Doesn’t really matter what you guys’ opinion on mine is; this is just how I feel at the moment. It’s not fun. It’s just tedious.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

I don't understand

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Yeah I leveled Weaponsmithing and made a sword and dagger. Then leveled Leatherworking and got the life force in me totally drained by 3 Armor pieces to the point where I don’t feel like making the rest, lol. And now if I want a bow and pistol I need to level Huntsmen to 500. >.<

On top of how insane it is to make everything you need the fact that I will never see one of them drop from something is also pretty sadpandaish. There isn’t even a steady way to even look for one, or a specific one that you want. It’s all super random like Precursors.

It’s a very unfun~ process. Doesn’t really matter what you guys’ opinion on mine is; this is just how I feel at the moment. It’s not fun. It’s just tedious.

The important thing to remember is that forumwarriors will take everything personally. Say you find something unfun and they will read it as you think it’s unfun for everyone and proceed to tell you how you are wrong for thinking so.

Some people just really like mindless grind and rather than go play a game with it in spades they twisted anet’s arm into shoehorning it into this game as well.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

I don't understand

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The purpose of fractals was to add a vertical progression gear grind option to the game for those that like it, while still allowing those that don’t acces to all ingame content without grinding gear.

Yes, it’s tiresome to get all the AR you need for max level. However, it’s 99% player choice. You don’t HAVE to go there in order to enjoy fractal content. It’s like saying you should have instant acces to the semi-finals for a world sPvP tournament. If you want it, you’ll have to put time and effort into it. In some cases an extreme amount. However, the difference is that you can enjoy the content even without the grind.

Unlike World of Kittencraft, where you had to grind dungeons and reputation just to be able to enter raids that allowed you to grind to to enter the top level raids, you can enter Fractals at level 1 and enjoy them. That is the no-grind in the game that Anet is talking about.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

I don't understand

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

The purpose of fractals was to add a vertical progression gear grind option to the game for those that like it, while still allowing those that don’t acces to all ingame content without grinding gear.

Yes, it’s tiresome to get all the AR you need for max level. However, it’s 99% player choice. You don’t HAVE to go there in order to enjoy fractal content. It’s like saying you should have instant acces to the semi-finals for a world sPvP tournament. If you want it, you’ll have to put time and effort into it. In some cases an extreme amount. However, the difference is that you can enjoy the content even without the grind.

Unlike World of Kittencraft, where you had to grind dungeons and reputation just to be able to enter raids that allowed you to grind to to enter the top level raids, you can enter Fractals at level 1 and enjoy them. That is the no-grind in the game that Anet is talking about.

Except that the issue was having to grind to access lvl 50 fractals which completely destroys your argument as it is exactly like having to grind to enter top level raids.

Yes, you can access Lvl1 Fractal from the get go but as RedShipRaider explains, you can’t just keep going like that and expect to reach the top.

Fractals may not be gated by some kind of sub-dungeon but it certainly is gated by tremendous farming.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

I don't understand

tolunart.2095

Except that the issue was having to grind to access lvl 50 fractals which completely destroys your argument as it is exactly like having to grind to enter top level raids.

Yes, you can access Lvl1 Fractal from the get go but as RedShipRaider explains, you can’t just keep going like that and expect to reach the top.

If you want to reach the top of the mountain, you have to climb. You can’t stand at the bottom and demand someone installs an elevator.

The system was specifically created for players who enjoy this process. If you do not, then it was not made for you.

I don't understand

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

If you want to reach the top of the mountain, you have to climb. You can’t stand at the bottom and demand someone installs an elevator.

The system was specifically created for players who enjoy this process. If you do not, then it was not made for you.

Installing an elevator or lift to top of a mountain isn’t impossible and happens often. :P
Maybe they can also add a cabin and hot springs at the top and we can bring some skiis and snowboards with us.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

I don't understand

tolunart.2095

LOL I’m sure they will… it just takes a few years. In the meantime, let the hardcores have their fun before the wannabes take over.

I don't understand

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

With six pieces of ascended jewelry and six pieces of ascended armor you can get 60 AR in a decent amount of time. With ascended weapons you reach 70 AR. Fractals are planned as long-term progression. You have several months time to collect the needed AR. The new AR infusions give you the opportunity to reach 80-90 AR over the time or to substitute missing ascended items.

The devs made the current production of AR infusion that difficult to avoid to high values of AR. Players with easily accessible 160 AR would not enjoy fractal levels below 100 I suggest. They will simplify the production when they introduce the next 10 or 20 fractal levels.

(edited by Belenwyn.8674)

I don't understand

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

With ascended weapons you reach 70 AR. Fractals are planned as long-term vertical progression.

ftfy and it shouldn’t be here to begin with. The game I was sold stressed horizontal progression.

You have several months time to collect the needed AR.

There is no collection tab.

The new AR infusions give you the opportunity to reach 80-90 AR over the time or to substitute missing ascended items.

Only at enormous cost. I suggest you do the arithmetic. The Thermocatalytic Goldsink is no joke.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

I don't understand

Posted by: Pariah.8506

Pariah.8506

The game I was sold stressed horizontal progression.

You are about to get told how wonderful it is being lied to.

I don't understand

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

ftfy and it shouldn’t be here to begin with. The game I was sold stressed horizontal progression.

Fractals are the eldorado for “vertical progressors”. This box of Pandora is open now. Arenanet planned it to be time consuming and a source of never-ending increase of AR values. The mistake in my eyes was the contamination of the rest of the game with ascended items.

Only at enormous cost. I suggest you do the arithmetic. The Thermocatalytic Goldsink is no joke.

It is easily possible to reach full ascended equipment within two or three months. This provides you with slots for 70 AR. Additional 10 or 20 AR you can get with AR infusions in the same period of time. Fractals are a perfect “Friedhof” for your gold and your time like many vertical progression systems if you want to go for the highest limit.

I am quite sure that the devs will introduce at least +2 or +3 AR infusions as drops in near or mid future. Maybe Arenanet will also introduce “high level” infusions for the other slots.

I don't understand

Posted by: RedShipRaider.9560

RedShipRaider.9560

It seems that a more fitting analogy would be:
If you want to reach the top of the mountain you have to climb half way up it. Then run around the world doing tedious, mind numbingly boring, and entirely unrelated tasks in order to build a climbing exoskeleton to finish your assent.

The problem is that the process of getting high levels of Agony Resistance has nothing at all to do with the process that uses Agony Resistance. AR works extremely well, until you start to reach the high levels of it. You get enough Pristine Fractal Relics while learning the maps on the tier 0 fractals that you are able to easily negate the tier 1 agony with a ring or two. You get enough Relics from running through tier 0 and 1 fractals to have a back piece before you hit teir 2. Throw some other trinkets that you get from running stuff with your guild or just from Laurels and you have the 25 AR needed for their 2 just from the two rings and back piece you are handed along with two other trinkets that are easily acquirable. Running the tier 2 Fractals will likely give you an Infused ring drop or two. You will also get what you need in order to infuse your back piece. Stick the still easily acquirable +5 Agony Infusions in them, maybe get your sixth trinket, and you are all set for Tier 3. You have a very nice, smooth transition that occurs naturally as you progress your character. Getting to Tier 4 is slightly more of a bump, but still nothing at all unreasonable.

It is easily possible to reach full ascended equipment within two or three months. This provides you with slots for 70 AR. Additional 10 or 20 AR you can get with AR infusions in the same period of time. Fractals are a perfect “Friedhof” for your gold and your time like many vertical progression systems if you want to go for the highest limit.

‘Easily possible’ is a matter of opinion. To me, it is not easy to remain awake while checking gw2stuff for world boss spawns, then tediously and mind numbingly auto attacking with a massive zerg of people in order to get the ascended materials needed. Likewise, unless you already have a massive abundance of accumulated wealth setting around you will be farming champion trains or doing dungeon speed runs in order to finance the ascended crafting process. Not to mention the daily Laural grind.

If progression required doing challenging, exciting content I would absolutely love it. Until you get to the Tier 5 Agony Resistance progression, they do just that. But instead, in order to ‘progress’ you are forced to go back and grind grind grind away at extremely boring and ridiculously tedious content in order to either finance the very high +value Agony Infusions or else do even more of the boring content so you can dump wealth into Ascended Crafting.

I don't understand

Stars.2179

So your advice is buy gems and trade to gold, isnt gw2 f2p ? or as some have said it’s getting more buy to win, also 60ar isnt enough for 50 fracts.

No, I’m not suggesting that gw2 is p2w. It is f2p, but paying money for time is AN OPTION that you may or may not choose. I don’t care how you dig out 117+ gold to get the 10 AR or 600g to get 13 AR or 70g for each ascended armor piece. You can play slowly and you WILL get them in a month or a year or two or three IF you are willing to put an effort for into. OR you can op out the easy way and go to McDonald work for 3-4 hours and pay for that 100+ hour time you would have played to get it.

The idea is each item has a value that the market has placed on it. If you want the item, fork out the gold (whether it is from gem moneys or from time farm or from TP game it doesn’t matter). No one will hand it to you for free.

If you don’t have enough AR, maybe that higher level is not meant for you. Play a lower level (like many suggested) until you get enough gold and 1,2,3 infusions til you have enough. Surely 100 runs of lv 49 will net you enough of those. After all it only requires 512 +1 for a +10

Oh and if 60 AR isn’t enough, get 2 pieces of armor and you get 70 AR, only cost like what 50g-100g a piece?

I don't understand

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

In most games, you go out, and you have really fun tasks, occasionally, that you get to do, and the rest of the game is this boring grind to get to the fun stuff.
Enjoy Guild Wars 2, and good luck.

I don't understand

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

In most games, you go out, and you have really fun tasks, occasionally, that you get to do, and the rest of the game is this boring grind to get to the fun stuff.

I liked this post. Then I liked it again. Hey I liked it again, that’s great.

I don't understand

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

I still think most people are disregarding the fact that fractals are still in a bad position. Forget AR, that’s the least of ANet’s worries. Why is it that Berserker gear is the most viable by far in high level fractals? Because, my fellow Tyrians, the other roles don’t get the much needed buffs that would make them useful. Healing Power scales so terribly right now, and running a tanky control build doesn’t help you when mobs can one shot you anyways.

AR isn’t the problem, the mechanics of Fractals are, though. We need additional mechanics as we progress through Fractal levels, not mobs with increased health pools and damage.

I don't understand

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Yeah, must be why all those skiiers don’t use ski lifts and choose to climb the mountain themselves.

I don't understand

mesme.5028

No, I’m not suggesting that gw2 is p2w. It is f2p, but paying money for time is AN OPTION that you may or may not choose. I don’t care how you dig out 117+ gold to get the 10 AR or 600g to get 13 AR or 70g for each ascended armor piece. You can play slowly and you WILL get them in a month or a year or two or three IF you are willing to put an effort for into. OR you can op out the easy way and go to McDonald work for 3-4 hours and pay for that 100+ hour time you would have played to get it.

That you would consider the option of flipping burgers in McDonald’s more preferable to actually playing the game and farming the mats does indeed suggest there is a problem.

I don't understand

Posted by: Micro Hard.3601

Micro Hard.3601

That you would consider the option of flipping burgers in McDonald’s more preferable to actually playing the game and farming the mats does indeed suggest there is a problem.

Hey dude, he’s not the one crying. You labeled farming for X mats to do the content you want as boring and want an alternative way to get out of work. All he did was offer a legitimate suggestion and quiet possibly your best solution to gaining access to what you want as quickly as possible. If you want to farm a game for weeks to get what you want, so be it. If you want to get what you want in less than a single day go flip some burgers. But I know many people would gladly choose the latter.

On a side note, I don’t see why you would even care about doing lv50. By now you should understand that there is no beneficial loot, there is no “new” content you don’t already have access to by hitting lv50 and there is no progression past lv50 at the moment. World first is clearly out of the picture.

Yeah, must be why all those skiiers don’t use ski lifts and choose to climb the mountain themselves.

And those skiiers trade money in exchange for the ski lift services to get to their objective more quickly. =O logic

(edited by Micro Hard.3601)

I don't understand

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I think it is important to point out that Developers are gamers and thus want to build a game that gamers who are similar to them enjoy. However, they are employed/controlled by Publishers.

Publishers are executives and thus want to improve the value of their stock options by running a game that has a lot of revenue. Lots of revenue is most easily achieved through games that are widely played but content shallow (because content costs money that could be spent on acquiring new players).

Thus, Developers will promise things that gamers want, because they want them too. Then the Publishers tell them to cut/skip those things and add profit-based systems like vertical progression.

Server: Devona’s Rest

I don't understand

mesme.5028

Hey dude, he’s not the one crying. You labeled farming for X mats to do the content you want as boring and want an alternative way to get out of work. All he did was offer a legitimate suggestion and quiet possibly your best solution to gaining access to what you want as quickly as possible. If you want to farm a game for weeks to get what you want, so be it. If you want to get what you want in less than a single day go flip some burgers. But I know many people would gladly choose the latter.

Actually no i didn’t, i explained my position and view on obtaining gear for endgame content in fracts.

I said " I wince on thinking how much time and effort i have to put into the game doing things i don’t want or like to do, crafting and endless farming of world bosses most lower level in order to get the ore needed to craft the items i need for ar to do what is gw2 end game content."

I said " I don’t understand why ar gear isnt obtainable from fract relics, all dungeon armor is from dungeon tokens so why not fracts? i wouldn’t care if it was exotic as long as it had ar, if others want to get ascended for better stats that’s fine, but why is the content i want to out of reach as not enough gold? should content not be doable as we as a player progress and not be based on how much gold and mats we have?"

I don’t see anywhere that i was unwilling to work for said armor i only questioned the methods by which we obtain it.

Also id add a quote from RedShipRaider.9560 And it seems like there are quite a few people who looked at the situation that the OP describes here and decided that the “we don’t make grindy games” MMO that they bought into isn’t really worth grinding up to the point where they could start playing effectively.

And suggest the reason some may take the route of flipping burgers to buy their way through the game is perhaps this.

I don't understand

Posted by: Pyrasia.9281

Pyrasia.9281

Warriors, you lot can have less weapons !
Just give some of them to us Elementalist.

Done. Happy !?

I don't understand

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Thanks for this post. The thing is, what the OP is requesting really isn’t unreasonable — using pristine relics to get an agony slot in a piece of armor makes good sense.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

I don't understand

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I like how people pretend ascended armor and weapons is such a huge grind and use level 50 fractals, something you have grind through 200 individual fractals without fail to get to, as a reason why they should not have to “grind” new gear…

I don’t understand… how

Saving for and crafting weapons and armor that uses material and rewards throughout the game is a grind to over bearing.

But getting to level 50 fractals… totally not a grind worth complaining about, in fact its expected that everyone should be able to do this content in the context of this argument.

Sorry but if you make it to level 50 fractals (something that was not intended to be casual) you should have enough gold and resources to craft ascended gear a few times over. This argument is really really backwards in logic, it surprises me how much people will bend over backwards to criticize ascended gear acquisition.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

I don't understand

Stars.2179

No, there is not a problem here. You’re reward according to your effort. Flipping burgers at McDonoald actually contributes more to society than sitting at a computer playing GW2. Thus you are rewarded more for your effort. In fact if you are a lawyer or a doctor making over 100,000$+ a year you can easily put in 1000$ into gems to get over 2000g once a while. It’s an option. If too many people do that the price of gems to gold will change as reflected in the TP. But after all it is just a game.

The process of gathering mats for gear is part of the game. If you don’t have the patience to play the game it’s your problem. No one forces you to get the ascended / legendary gear now, asap. Do it in a year or two.

I don't understand

Posted by: Kevan.8912

Kevan.8912

The process of gathering mats for gear is part of the game. If you don’t have the patience to play the game it’s your problem. No one forces you to get the ascended / legendary gear now, asap. Do it in a year or two.

are you kidding???
the game itself forces you to do it.
fotm. wvw. bosses. everything pushes you to do it.
5-10% stats is not nothing. AR is not nothing.
the fact itself that someone has a minimum advantage on you is a reason to grind.

a beautiful expensive miniature doens’t force you to grind. a shiny black dye is not obligatory.
everything else is treadmill.