Devs should be required...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

to list the last time they actually played the game for over an hour at one clip on a regular, not test, server. I bet a whole lot of them would be over a week, and a fair number of them would be over a month.

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

..to think like a player and design around fun game play.

Not think like a business man and design around, “how can we make money from this”.

Posted by: Aly.3429

Aly.3429

LMAO… So you think that the developers should live, eat, and breathe GW2? Don’t know about you but after work the last thing I want to do is go home and do the same thing I do there.

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

I’m fairly certain the OP is wrong. They probably play a lot, even during work hours because they have to test things they make. I’d venture to guess that most of them enjoy the game. They probably aren’t as hardcore as a lot of players on here because they have jobs they have to do but they probably play very regularly.

Just because you can’t see the logic in the choices they make doesn’t mean they never play the game and are just making arbitrary changes based on nothing.

What they do has reasons, it just may not be reasons you agree with.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

If only the devs had a place they could go to read users opinions.. on wait.

Forget how often the devs play, I’d like to know the following:
When was the last time they had to change something because “management said so”, even though they, the devs, knew it would be terrible for the game?*
And while I’m at it, how many people in the upper management even understand what the companies product is?

*This is not to accuse the devs of any wrongdoing, but just a question on if it’s happened at all, because there are times I suspect they are getting all the heat for nerfing things when they only made the changes because they wanted to remain employed.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Such threads are not allowed on the forums as they are not conducive to creating a friendly community nor do they have room for constructive discussion. As such, this thread has been closed.

Thank you for your understanding.