"Dhuum" Bans

"Dhuum" Bans

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I found out that in the original Guild Wars, the god of death, Dhuum, would slay gold bots and spammers to serve their ban.

This got me curious…

Does anything similar like this happen for Guild Wars 2? XD

"Dhuum" Bans

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not yet, but the Team Lead in charge has expressed an interest in implementing a similar method of banning.

"Dhuum" Bans

Posted by: Dieallknow.1387

Dieallknow.1387

it was funny as heck to see, except that time i spawn into town and see dhumm thinking it was for me. tbh I peed a little

[IIII] Playing from Prison
“Lets take the green keep I need the Vista”
“Quit Laughing I need the Vista”

"Dhuum" Bans

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The worst part was during the first October where they had Flux effects in PvP. You load into a PvP outpost only to have bone horrors start attacking you. You couldn’t fight back, because you were in an outpost. When you inevitably died, a new minion would be born to continue the assault on other innocent players.

All because someone got Dhuumbanned.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

"Dhuum" Bans

Posted by: Dieallknow.1387

Dieallknow.1387

I remember that lol

[IIII] Playing from Prison
“Lets take the green keep I need the Vista”
“Quit Laughing I need the Vista”

"Dhuum" Bans

Posted by: Magnnus.5169

Magnnus.5169

I wonder what effect they would implement for GW2?

"Dhuum" Bans

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

The worst part was during the first October where they had Flux effects in PvP. You load into a PvP outpost only to have bone horrors start attacking you. You couldn’t fight back, because you were in an outpost. When you inevitably died, a new minion would be born to continue the assault on other innocent players.

Lol this is hilarious.

If I understand correctly the Flux at time was you spawning a Bone Horror on death?
And since someone got banned the Bone Horror actually spawned in an outpost?

lol I would love to see that on video

"Dhuum" Bans

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Lol this is hilarious.

If I understand correctly the Flux at time was you spawning a Bone Horror on death?

Your wish is my command. ^^ (it doesn’t show the guy getting Dhuumed, but it shows the minions killing all the people standing afk in the PvP lobby)

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

"Dhuum" Bans

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

Lol this is hilarious.

Your wish is my command. ^^ (it doesn’t show the guy getting Dhuumed, but it shows the minions killing all the people standing afk in the PvP lobby)

lol!!!
I miss the GW1 minions,they were funny.

By the way,I think something like Dhuum ban in Guild Wars 2 would be easily doable,because we already have finishers,it is basically the same thing.
I guess they could make something like “Trigger X finisher on ban” and ta-da! We have Dhuum ban back.

"Dhuum" Bans

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Doable maybe, but I don’t think Anet wants to handle the customer support issues that would flood in with players just wanting to see a Dhuum ban. XD

"Dhuum" Bans

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here is a response/post about Dhuum ban from one of the Lead GMs, Michael Henninger:

Jeknar.6184:

GW2 need more Dhuum

Oh, we really want something like that as well. I have a design document built that we (CS) haven’t moved on because of higher priorities (getting you guys back in the game faster if hacked, etc>) but this is on the list. Also included are some unique ways for you to notice a GM when we’re online. I can’t promise any of this, of course, but it’s a direction we’d like to head if time allows.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Ingame-GMs-do-they-exist/page/2#post4574838

We may see something like Dhuum in-game some day. =)

"Dhuum" Bans

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

I remember that! I was like “wut” but I didn’t knew it was because a ban (never witnessed a ban myself.)

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

"Dhuum" Bans

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I’ve…seen a Dhuum ban in Guild Wars 1, up close and personal. Got a snarky guy just a few steps away from me.

I’ll never forget it. ~shivers~

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

"Dhuum" Bans

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

it was funny as heck to see, except that time i spawn into town and see dhumm thinking it was for me. tbh I peed a little

In Gw1 when anet introduced the fluxes people purposely got banned in town so minions would spawn and kill people. lol good times

The Sickest Guild NA

"Dhuum" Bans

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

"Dhuum" Bans

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I saw one too, one guy wanted to get banned though. He was racist on purpuse in spamadan and it took quite a while but there he was.Dhuum….

Ohw and from the gw1 minion bug vid, those minions look a lot better than our current ones :/

"Dhuum" Bans

Posted by: Costeleta.7236

Costeleta.7236

Oh wow i didnt know this happened back in gw1 not having played it. Kinda sad to see something this epic reducted to a mere gem store finisher.
Would be awsome if gw 2 had something like this, like a giant dragons head like tequatl would suddenly appear above the banned guy and blast him with some flame breath or something.

Just a nobody

(edited by Costeleta.7236)

"Dhuum" Bans

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Oh wow i didnt know this happened back in gw1 not having played it. Kinda sad to see something this epic reducted to a mere gem store finisher.
Would be awsome is gw 2 had something like this, like a giant dragons head like tequatl would suddenly appear above the banned guy and blast him with some flame breath or something.

I think its even worse, the gw2 counterpart has the dhuum animation and the dhuum scyhte but the grenth mask?

"Dhuum" Bans

Posted by: Costeleta.7236

Costeleta.7236

Would be awsome is gw 2 had something like this, like a giant dragons head like tequatl would suddenly appear above the banned guy and blast him with some flame breath or something.

I think its even worse, the gw2 counterpart has the dhuum animation and the dhuum scyhte but the grenth mask?

yeah its called avatar of death and presumely its one of grenths lackeys and not dhumm kinda sad

Just a nobody