Did Orrian armor got censored? [Arah Female]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

i was going after that armor for my ALT wich i think it looks kitten+sexy+skimpy wich are mostly the features i look for my female alts but suddenly when i previewed breastplate armor its now covered.

go ahead and look for yourself, perhaps theres something wrong with me, or not.

look for Arah dugeon armor in this pic, then preview it from vendor.

Attachments:

Posted by: Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Terrible, i love the bikini armor most females characters have. Still i would preffer some loli kind of character to wear such a nice clothes… Like in TERA but they censor that too… What a waste of pixels =X

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

if you mean the random boobshot, i say it’s for the better. it looks ridiculous.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Anet, we need more sideboobs and underboobs armors pls.

Posted by: Typhoon Blue.3698

Typhoon Blue.3698

I don’t know. Your image looks like a texture glitch to me. Why would one of the hands be holding a grey boob orb, but not the other?

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

You mean there’s no more hand grabbing the bare boob? It’s not like there was an exposed nipple or anything. Not that it invalidates the armor as it still looks nice, but I mean she’s got exposed skin all over so what’s wrong with a little boob?

Denial Of Service.5732

if you mean the random boobshot, i say it’s for the better. it looks ridiculous.

well if you would take a moment instead of typing random things or rolling your face in keyboard you can see that almost every other heavy female armor arent skimpy so i dont know why you should care that much if 1 armor fills the huge niche of people like me that go after bikini armors.

@Alexander Dragonfang.1759: indeed

Posted by: Ashariel.8490

Ashariel.8490

Yeah it got censored at release, as well as Orr karma armor, I prefer the old version but Anet won’t it change now, better get used to it.

Posted by: MadPants.9213

MadPants.9213

I honestly dont like anime type armor on females. Killing monsters is serious and how can that scantily clad armor protect her. If she wants to be sexy save it for the town clothes thing.

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

No one cares about people who don’t like that style of armour because they can simple USE ANOTHER STYLE.

Unless you are trying to dictate what other people are allowed to wear in the game simply because you play it too, we don’t need to be told.

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

Posted by: Zaikon.8561

Zaikon.8561

my question is another:

where did you get t a pic with all the heavy armor look for the human female? there are also for other armor type/race?

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

^ I don’t remember where I copied them from, but here:

http://i.imgur.com/K7KUY.jpg light

http://i.imgur.com/cdzGI.jpg heavy

http://i.imgur.com/seo4E.jpg medium

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

personally I like sexy outfits. I haven’t bothered logging in to play because I just can’t stand 99% of the leather outfits, 99% of the heavy outfits, and 70% of the light outfits.

I wanted to play a warrior but didn’t feel like shelling out 30 gold for my cultural just to look good and I refuse to stare at a character that looks like they are wearing something a LARPer would be embarrassed to wear. So instead I just haven’t bothered logging in at all.

Jestunhi.7429

Soooo many generic trenchcoats in medium. My female ranger uses t3 human cultural chest & legs along with the hood given to new thief chars.

Just trying to find boots, gloves & shoulders that go well with them now.

Attachments:

Posted by: Shaquira Lowlands.7839

Shaquira Lowlands.7839

i was going after that armor for my ALT wich i think it looks kitten+sexy+skimpy wich are mostly the features i look for my female alts but suddenly when i previewed breastplate armor its now covered.

Where did you get that picture from, i’d like to see a similar one for light and medium too

Jestunhi.7429

Where did you get that picture from, i’d like to see a similar one for light and medium too

All 3 are linked here:

I don’t remember where I copied them from, but here:

http://i.imgur.com/K7KUY.jpg light

http://i.imgur.com/cdzGI.jpg heavy

http://i.imgur.com/seo4E.jpg medium

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

Maybe not exactly on a topic but is that only me or Vigils light armor is kind of lame? Well at least when put next to Order’s and Durmand’s one.

Posted by: Focksbot.6798

Focksbot.6798

I wanted to play a warrior but didn’t feel like shelling out 30 gold for my cultural just to look good …

So by ‘look good’, you mean semi-nude and impractical? I think it should be a general rule in these games that if you want heavy or even medium armour you have to cover up. Anyone exposing skin gets increased vulnerability. Give people the option to look sexy at the expense of stats, and then facepalm when they whinge about it.

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

[Edit]

Regardless, the armor in the game is completely for looks, and we have choices between skimpy or not, so I’m not going to make any comment on folks’ preferences. I will say however the game is rated Teen, and ANet probably made some adjustments to keep it that way.

[Edited by CC: Off-Topic link, quoting a removed post]

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Gilandred.9870

Gilandred.9870

So by ‘look good’, you mean semi-nude and impractical? I think it should be a general rule in these games that if you want heavy or even medium armour you have to cover up. Anyone exposing skin gets increased vulnerability. Give people the option to look sexy at the expense of stats, and then facepalm when they whinge about it.

You can’t think of armor in purely “physical” terms. Stats are just as much a function, if not more so, of magic than they are of how much body space they actually cover-up. This is a fantasy game; the rules of our world do not strictly apply here.

Posted by: szar.9054

szar.9054

so anyone want to point out that even in half the body coverage females seem to dieat equal rates to male. I blame all the magic fire, knives, rock beasts, acids , etc that get casually tossed all over

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

There is always textmod, (if it works in gw 2 at all).

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

illgot.1056

I wanted to play a warrior but didn’t feel like shelling out 30 gold for my cultural just to look good …

Yeah because 99% of the armor is heavy and bulky. Sorry if my tastes are impracticable in a game where we fight dragons and cast fireballs from our hands.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Denial Of Service.5732

snip

you got me wrong. it’s not that i have this personal vendetta against skimpy armor. it’s that the orrian heavy armor looks stupid with that hole showing half a boob. it actually looks bad, especially considering the other side is covered.

i have no issues with the rest of the armor being the way it is, there’s a crowd for that.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: spacemayu.4817

spacemayu.4817

It got censored a looooooooooooooooooong time ago.

And rightly so. A hand groping an exposed breast poking out of a cut-out hole in her armour?

Pretty tasteless.

Posted by: Graywolf.6513

Graywolf.6513

Don’t know why someone refered to this as anime style. Always annoys me that analogy, go pick up some old comic books or other kinds of adult fantasy artists. Its not some kind of massive trend that sprawled out of Japan and Japan only, many males have always sexualized women.

Furthermore, i get annoyed at that kind of armor, i am a practical armor kind of person, i also hate things stupidly ornate with floaty bits and dragons hanging from yours wrists. HOWEVER as long as there are the few styles that fit my down to earth, simplistic, practical and a little above average, everyone else can wear what they want.

Denial Of Service.5732

spacemayu.4817: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, for you might be tasteless but i found it pretty cool thats why its call diversity of taste and im grateful for that.

illgot.1056

Diversity is good.

Posted by: Kymbre.6384

Kymbre.6384

And here we go another example of female objectivication at its finest. I’m an so sick and tired of the MMO standard of making armor for females skimpy and showing everything but certain areas. I am happy to see most of the armor in this game is just that armor. It seems some people would rather play sexy dress up than to play a game.

Denial Of Service.5732

@Kymbre

did you even saw the pic i posted.. i did it because people like you seems to hate deeply this kind of armor wich i still wonder why you do when as you can see there are other type of armor in this game where 10% of them could be considedered “skimpy”.

so, your irrational hate towards “skimpy” armor seems a bit pointless to me, you do enjoy full covered armor i enjoy skimpy armor cant we all be happy and both have equallity dont take me wrong but grow up, be mature and realize not everybody has same taste for things and you should respect people for that.

illgot.1056

@Kymbre sorry you missed women’s rights movement by about 150 years and the sexual revolution by about 50+ years. Do you even know what those movements were about? They were about choice, not forcing one view or policy on other people that did not share those views or policies.

Giving players the option to chose how they look isn’t stating that all women should be objectivied sexually no more than a man dressed like a barbarian and only wearing leather straps on his chest.

(edited by illgot.1056)

Posted by: Ashlotte.3719

Ashlotte.3719

Pretty much if you want a decent selection of non-bulky near full covered armor for females you have to roll light…

I don’t think ALL armor needs to be skimpy (Like say TERA) but at least even out the ratio of bulky to revealing armors a slight bit more?

Denial Of Service.5732

@illgot: you couldnt say it any better +1 for you.

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

Some of you need a girlfriend.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

Denial Of Service.5732

and you need to get a life.

=) imarite?

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

and you need to get a life.

=) imarite?

Oh but he (& his ilk) already have one, they seem to be deeply worried about our 6lives.
Which I find adorable.

Tumbero cares.

Oh and kitten armor 4tw!

Polish > hype

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

that database, is way behind, what about all the other armors? like the Devona set? i cant find what it looks like anywhere. or the yakk set.