Did i just hit the wall "Why continue on GW2"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: fragnot.8073

fragnot.8073

Did i just hit a wall or something ?

I totally lost interest in playing GW2. Got 2 level 80’s, and cant see a reason why i should keep rolling new characters.

Cant really see why i should grind my way through certain dungeons to get “x” cosmetic gear. If i allready got a set im happy with.

sPvP is not fun in this game, imo. Balanced or not-balanced, im just not getting “caught” by it.

WvW zergs is insanely boring.

Is there anything left for me, or am i “thinking” wrong about stuff..

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

You should probably take a break from the game. It will freshen you up.

Seriously it is hard to not get bored eventually after you put hundreds of hours into something. Just take a break!

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

If you’ve “totally lost interest” to play, then the answer is quite simple.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Take a break. No sub you aren’t wasting paid time. GW1 has events going on. Plenty of FTP MMOs out there, Everquests are, Vanguard, AoC, SwTOR, etc. I just took a week off in AoC. Back, the loot drop rate is still utter crap, but the apathy level is less. I’m sure it will build again.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Deroy.2457

Deroy.2457

Of course you’re gonna get burned out on a game, if that game is all you play.

I’m more interested in why people care to announce that they’ve been burned out on a game instead of just playing other games.

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

I just came back from a while off, in which I played Skyrim and X3: Albion Prelude, and started a new character – new race, new class, new story path (finally joined Vigil). It all feels fresh and exciting again. Even Lornar’s Pass, a place I loathed getting my Ranger and Necro through, has been fun so far on my Guardian (probably less fun once I do more Dredge and can’t use Blind).

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

Posted by: stemare.2578

stemare.2578

fragnot the only suggestion I can give you is to open your achievement panel e look for something to do, when I’m bored with farming and WvW I just go for fun achievements like jumping puzzles, bosses or secret areas.
Otherwise, take a break from the game :-)

Stemare ~ Guardian ~ lv80 ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Ci Assediamo Da Soli [SIGH] ~ Officier

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

TERA just went f2p, go try it out.

Then come back here when you get burned out on that

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I know the feeling. What I do is set my own goals in the game and keep setting new ones. Keeps my grinding lawl. There is certainly a point where the open world becomes a been there done that a hundred times, where WvW offers nothing new.

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Taking a break might indeed be a good idea.

Generally, when anyone hits that wall, the easy answer is usually: Do I still enjoy playing? Then Yes. Do I not enjoy playing anymore and can’t think of a way to bring back that joy? Then probably not.

Polka will never die

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

TERA just went f2p, go try it out.

Then come back here when you get burned out on that

I burned out on Terra before I started playing it. That game is soooooo not for me. lol

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Yeah, seems to be about the right time to say goodbye.
Take care buddy.

1+1 = potato

Posted by: Winfernal.9208

Winfernal.9208

You paid a one time fee. Did you get what you paid for? I think you did. Now, if you have “hit the wall”. Take a break. There’s no sub, no wasted time. I’ve had my break, came back again. No problemo!

I found a community/guild to play with. And that made the difference. It’s different from playing solo or with a few friends. Just a tip!

Also. Why would the forum be interested in your motivation to play GW2?

“Kharomir” – Human Guardian
[DW] Dynasty Warriors, [TNA] The Northern Assembly
http://www.farshiverpeaks.com

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Go grind a legendary

Guaranteed Best in Slot forever.

You’re grinding for the future.

Unless you’re an engineer in which case your legendaries don’t really make any sense.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I took a 3 week break at the beginning of January and eased back into it during the last 2 weeks.

It’s completely normal.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

opened TERA, saw exclamation points…turned off TERA, opened GW2.

lol

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: AwwGee.5628

AwwGee.5628

Go find another game. You don’t lose subscription fee and can come back anytime, and you’ve probably squeezed the initial buy price for all its worth by now.

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

Ask community if it’s common to lose interest in GW2…

Get response that it doesn’t matter what they think and they should quit.

GG

Irony…. xD

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

opened TERA, saw exclamation points…turned off TERA, opened GW2.

lol

hahaha
for me it took about 3 hours. First the aweful female characters and armors, then the horrible global chat and last but not least, the ancient quest system.

I got so cranky that my boyfriend begged me to stop playing it and return to GW2.

Posted by: Winfernal.9208

Winfernal.9208

GG

Is it our responsobility to maintain other peoples motivation?

If they are losing interest, it’s their personal thing, nothing is going to change that. What if every single person that is losing interest to GW2 posted it on the public forum? Threads like these doesn’t belong here.

If you’re losing interest, take a break. Or even quit. It is pure logic. Losing interest in an entertainment medium is common, it’s not breaking news to post on the forums.

“Kharomir” – Human Guardian
[DW] Dynasty Warriors, [TNA] The Northern Assembly
http://www.farshiverpeaks.com

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

Its crazy to me that people still don’t understand the importance of “taking a break” in order to not burn out on games in general. This game gives you the chance to do that since you aren’t paying a sub fee. That is a godsend to me. Personally, when I was playing WoW and SWTOR I would burn out but HAD to keep playing (even if I wasn’t exactly enjoying it) because of the sub. It was a vicious cycle.

So, common sense answer is – Take a Break. Play other games. Ideally, play games of a different genre. I see “burning out” as a sign of maturity. When I was younger I could play overnight easily. Now, I’ll be lucky if I get in 4 hours lol.

(edited by X The Manimal.5293)

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

GG

Good job, you didn’t read any posts I see or you would’ve seen that some of us are actually trying to help. GG indeed.

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

GG

If they are losing interest, it’s their personal thing, nothing is going to change that. What if every single person that is losing interest to GW2 posted it on the public forum? Threads like these doesn’t belong here.

If you’re losing interest, take a break. Or even quit. It is pure logic. Losing interest in an entertainment medium is common, it’s not breaking news to post on the forums.

Not your responsibility, but certainly a lot healthier for a community if you have the good nature to at least try and help bolster his enthusiasm

A good helpful supportive community overcomes nearly ALL lacking gameplay and design elements. Telling him to leave is like anti-advertising for something you (at least I would assume) profess to enjoy… Seems irrational to me, but that could just be me.

Or do you think that players who “burn out” (read: run into the walls) on this game go on then to recommend the game to all their friends and family and feel like this was a wise investment in terms of entertainment?*

Maybe I’m just crazy but I don’t think all the smoke is a dry ice machine, and is in fact fire.

I’m not arguing that this doesn’t offer a lot for it’s retail price btw

Good job, you didn’t read any posts I see or you would’ve seen that some of us are actually trying to help. GG indeed.

Then my post wasn’t directed at you, was it? :/

Anger management, please consider it. You’re unnecessarily hostile.

Irony…. xD

(edited by Hellkaiser.6025)

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

If you don’t find it fun, don’t play it. There’s no point grinding for stuff you think looks cool in a game you don’t like. That’s far too much like work. I personally find the game quite fun and so I’m not stopping anytime soon.

At least stay up to date with the patches. Nothing stopping you coming back.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

(edited by Writetyper.1985)

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

Can someone explain me the point of this thread ?

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Can someone please explain to me the point of this post? This subforum is for general discussion of guild wars 2. This guy is generally discussing how he feels burnt out on guild wars 2. Seems pretty clear to me?

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Posted by: Rieselle.5079

Rieselle.5079

One of the things I like about GW2 (and GW) is that they avoid a lot of the addiction-causing mechanics that are so common in other MMOs.

The flipside of that, of course, is that people aren’t sucked in to devoting their entire lives to a video game.

Personally I think spending more than about 200 hours on any single game is a waste of time… there are so many games out there, so many other things to do, that regardless of how great any game is, it’s a waste to spend it all on one game. (well, over and above the waste of time games are in the first place.)

So yeah, quit GW2. Maybe you’ll feel like coming back one day. But if you don’t, that’s fine too.

Posted by: showatt.9413

showatt.9413

Did i just hit a wall or something ?

I totally lost interest in playing GW2. Got 2 level 80’s, and cant see a reason why i should keep rolling new characters.

Cant really see why i should grind my way through certain dungeons to get “x” cosmetic gear. If i allready got a set im happy with.

sPvP is not fun in this game, imo. Balanced or not-balanced, im just not getting “caught” by it.

WvW zergs is insanely boring.

Is there anything left for me, or am i “thinking” wrong about stuff..

Wait for the ladder to come out in Feburary. If you still think Spvp is not for you then yea, it probably time to say auf wiedersehen to guild wars 2.

Sorry I’m kinda confuse by your post. What do you mean?

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

Well, I had 2 level 80s just before Lost Shores came out. I was upset about Lost Shores but once I got over that, I realised I had the same problem you describe now.

I just lost interest in what the game had to offer. I played GW1 to bits so I still kinda hope that will change one day but not with what the game currently offers. GW1 is still a better game in my view.

GW2 does have a big world with a lot to do, but like you I guess I don’t find them worth repeating. I am a total altoholic (Have 20 characters in GW1 for example) and couldn’t get myself to level a 3rd in this game. That is a bit of a shock to me because I either don’t like a game in the first week or I stick with it for a while and make lots of alts. GW2 is the first game I lost interest in a few months and just cba to make alts.

I know when I am burnt out on a game. This isn’t the case here. I really got bored very quickly. So I am playing something else now and that’s great for me.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Sereloth.4378

Sereloth.4378

GG

Not your responsibility, but certainly a lot healthier for a community if you have the good nature to at least try and help bolster his enthusiasm

A good helpful supportive community overcomes nearly ALL lacking gameplay and design elements. Telling him to leave is like anti-advertising for something you (at least I would assume) profess to enjoy… Seems irrational to me, but that could just be me.

Or do you think that players who “burn out” (read: run into the walls) on this game go on then to recommend the game to all their friends and family and feel like this was a wise investment in terms of entertainment?*

Maybe I’m just crazy but I don’t think all the smoke is a dry ice machine, and is in fact fire.

I’m not arguing that this doesn’t offer a lot for it’s retail price btw

Then my post wasn’t directed at you, was it? :/

Anger management, please consider it. You’re unnecessarily hostile.

I disagree with the bolded. I don’t believe there’s a good reason to force yourself to play something you no longer get any satisfaction from. If the person has truly lost interest/motivation, and he continues to play something he no longer enjoys, it might actually lead to a dislike of the game. Which may lead to dissatisfaction, a general negative view of the game, complaints about “nothing to do”, and negative reviews to family, friends, and others that have not played the game. So no, I think it’s healthier for us to tell him to take a break.

Also, yes he is likely to recommend the game to others if his experience before hitting this wall was actually fun. And it sounds like it may have been, since he made a second toon that he got to max level as well.

Posted by: Avatar.1923

getting burned out too..

mass zerg is the open world endgame.. and i dont enjoy it.
spamming auto attack amist special fx, i dont understand how people can actually enjoy this.

dungeons are nice.

pvp maybe i should try.

wvw, too laggy and unrewarding. but its fun.

Posted by: My Dead Characters.9517

My Dead Characters.9517

wvw towers with a group of you and 1 other. easy to do, a fun challenge, and annoying to your enemies. i HATE zerging, my guild has done many tower caps where we take a supply camp in EB and hit the 2 closest towers hard. we split up, one team of 5 for langor tower and 1 group of 5 for quentin. they are taken in less than 5 minutes. then we put up arrow carts and crush them when we defend, because our opponent has a very coordinated and fast responding zerg. so yes, wvw zerging is boring, wvw tower capping is fun and even great fun when defending. if you want proof that it is fun to defend, look at this screenshot my guildie took, the result of a few(9) well placed arrow carts and a cannon. i fell out of my chair laughing when we did this.

Attachments:

Commander Legends of Woe
fissure of woe
Leader of legends of traumatic stuff[LoTs]