Did performance just jump for anyone?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: souless.1935

souless.1935

got lag/excelerated play spike, then dropped…now my game is like butter! I never played this well! Is this prep for tomorrows teq battle? because if it is keep it like this always.

Ehmry Bay! Commander – Onyxguard
GW1/GW2 Beta player

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

well my lag/spike is still there. but it’s better than the past few days where everyone seem to be speed hacking

souless.1935

Honestly, everything turned to butter smooth play its fantastic. I just got the maintenance message to so they are working on something and as far as im concerned its extremely positive.

GW1/GW2 Beta player

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i still feel the lag. character movement somehow a little bit rubberbanded but not so much….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

I don’t understand the use of “butter” in describing a games performance. I do get that it is being used in a positive way based upon context.

So um, what does it all mean?

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

I don’t understand the use of “butter” in describing a games performance. I do get that it is being used in a positive way based upon context.

So um, what does it all mean?

Think of the texture of butter as being smooth.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

THERE IS NO OPTIMIZATION MOVE ALONG CITIZEN

more seriously … I’ve been noticing steady improvements over the last year, but it isn’t always as noticeable. Especially F&F came with some under-the-hood tweaks. However PVE culling destroyed the capability of my poor laptop to play the game. On the other hand, this is probably forcing the optimization team to step up their game.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

Difficult to tell to be honest. I’ve never really had any major issues apart from the lag fest at the world events but that’s to be expected with the number of players there.

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Quite the opposite, i found the last weeks a bit more laggy than usual. Of course that might be because i visit world events more now.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

I think they did a behind-the-scenes server upgrade. Impressive that they could do that with the game running, distributed servers for the win.

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

I really doubt this claim , ask you’re ISP if they improved if it was anet they would surely let there player base know ….

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I think they did a behind-the-scenes server upgrade. Impressive that they could do that with the game running, distributed servers for the win.

Guild Wars 1 had a total off time of 24 hours in 7 years, compared to the 8 hours a week needed for maintenance in other games. Guild Wars 2’s track record is a bit more flawed, but overall total down time has been very, very low. Most patches don’t even force you to log off immediately. You get a timely warning and patch on your leisure. How many games offer you that luxury?

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Artifect.9647

Artifect.9647

I don’t lag as much in Southsun Cove anymore.

(edited by Artifect.9647)

souless.1935

Literally, the order sequence of what was happening was the following…

- Lag spike
- Speed spike as the client caught up
- This is subjective but I believe I could still chat while in the spike indicating network activity
- same sequence as above and drop
- Looked at my physical connection and it was established on a link layer (can’t really tell anything beyond that although network wise as anything could happen or have changed upstream)
- reconnected and had the best performance I have ever had in game
– Asked a party if they had the same performance gain, consensus was no but no one else dropped
- Asked a guildies and one did confirm on reconnect a great gain
- In my mind blown moment about 10 mins later the post goes out about maintenance window (queue x files music)

Lucky for me I work for the tel/data Co so i will be checking today if they did a profile switch to upgrade my service.

Just to re-iterate…this was an IMMEDIATE PERCEPTIBLE gain in service, this wasn’t over time and it coincided with the maintenance window a day before the Teq patch where you would expect a massive hit on performance. remix and requeue x files music

one other thing to note, at times after that patch (and maybe this is just perception) things seemed to move slightly faster then the normal speed but never a lag moment again.

GW1/GW2 Beta player

(edited by souless.1935)

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Yeah it was laggy and buggy. They went into maint mode, my commander tag broke, some chat channels were broken, lots more lag, crashing when switching zones. They started maint as peak was dropping off. Then I switched to my engi, and noticed my ranged traits weren’t working. But yeah, laggy, broken and in need of some more repair canisters heh