Did the patch break Orr drops ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cooper.8129

Cooper.8129

Hi. I just did an entire Orr quest (the Steel Tide) and killed undead for what seemed to be five minutes straight and not one of them dropped anything, not even grey trash. Am I bugged or something? What a waste of time! Furthermore, they didn’t even register as kills that gave me +stacks on my +Luck per Kill item. What gives?

Love,
Ash

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Change-in-loot-parameters-or-a-bug-Merged/

It’s not just you and it’s been going on for a while…

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

Steel Tide has been stealth nerfed. It has not been going for a while. They nerfed it with the last update.

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

They’ve been broken since they put live the patch that claimed the rare/exotic drop rates were increased. Instead the drop rates were nerfed into the ground.

As an example, running Plinx and related events prior to the patch I’d get around 3-4 (sometimes more) rares with a full MF set on.

After the nerf patch, I managed to get one rare after farming Plinx for 3 days.

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Hi. I just did an entire Orr quest (the Steel Tide) and killed undead for what seemed to be five minutes straight and not one of them dropped anything, not even grey trash. Am I bugged or something? What a waste of time! Furthermore, they didn’t even register as kills that gave me +stacks on my +Luck per Kill item. What gives?

Love,
Ash

you made this post after 5 min of killing? Lol, there are people with full MF gears + food buffs that have noticed this for weeks now. Join the party

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Cooper.8129

Welcome to Grind Wars 2. ()/’’\(^_^ )

New Guide to Farming The Steel Tide postpatch 12/03/2012:

1. Talk to Tactician Beirne and let battle begin.
2. Alt + tab to Google image search with “Filter My Results” set to off under safesearch.
3. Equip 1-hander and AFK 5 mins.
4. Go into kitchen. Make sandwich.
5. Return with all NPCS dead except champion mob risen knight. Kill.
6. Exit instance.
7. Repeat.

Posted by: Esturk.2183

Esturk.2183

Anet wants you to run FotM.

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

You aren’t supposed to farm story missions….

Cooper.8129

State source.

Posted by: Kymaera Stormweaver.1069

Kymaera Stormweaver.1069

I’d also like to see the source.

This is off topic here, but there’s no Off Topic forum section right? Or am I blind? Wanting to see what people put on their X-Mas lists…discuss other games…books…recommend some games…see what people eat/drink for a nights grinding session…

Variety, multiplicity are the two most powerful vehicles of lust.
– Marquis de Sade

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

State source.

The fact that you seem to require Anet to come out and say in writing “We don’t want people farming their story quests” is rather silly to be honest. When you have to fail repeatedly to do something it should be fairly self-evident that it was not intended to be repeated. You are supposed to succeed, not fail. Then move on and finish your story. That was the intent when it was designed and to believe otherwise is truly foolish.

They did the same thing to the defending claw island story quest a long time ago because they didn’t want people farming it. (Edit: Sorry, it is Battle For Claw Island that once upon a time was farmable, they made the mobs not give XP or loot so it couldn’t be farmed.)

Orr drops are fine. Your personal story farm isn’t. Move on.

(edited by Unspecified.9142)

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

It makes sense that they dont want us to farm story missions. No need for any source, just common sense.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

It makes sense that they dont want us to farm story missions. No need for any source, just common sense.

Man, I thought Steel Tide was some sort of DE, but learning that it’s a story quest… HA! Nerf bat was appropriate.

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

Wolfgang Michael.8217

Ok, for everyone who haven’t heard about the nerf, here it it plain and simple.

I will set a baseline of 30s profit from each run excluding rares or exotics you receive. This was before the update. Now, you get around 1-2 drops if you are lucky. 1- 2 of maybe even porous bones but you must be lucky.

For the players who didn’t know about it, well boo freaking hoo.

For the players who think the nerf was appropriate, well to hell with you all. That was the only instance that could be controlled by the player to make farming convenient and less of a chore.

For the players who think this is a bug like the sooooo many other bugs that peeked its head with the last update, keep hoping my friends. I really hope this is just a bug and not a nerf since the devs haven’t confirmed it.

Posted by: Gnatoay.7581

Gnatoay.7581

Can someone enlighten me as to why nothing was said about these nerfs…. if it was a technical error i could accept such an explaination with a follow up patch but the devs they didnt or havent said a thing in regards to this matter im amazed

Day in, Day out; Grinding

Posted by: Cyrus.8261

Cyrus.8261

ArenaNet doesn’t explain or detail changes related to exploits or farming nerfs, mostly because they seem to think that it just encourages players to find a related exploit or similar farming spot.

Every farmable Personal Story quest has been nerfed so far, I’m sure this was intended. They’re just not meant for that, so I don’t mind.

Posted by: AerictheBoss.9172

AerictheBoss.9172

I like how people come on here and complain about what they were technically exploiting and is bannable. I’m wonder if they’re waiting for more of these threads or if their not going to ban because of the obvious ignorance.

Posted by: Gnatoay.7581

Gnatoay.7581

Aericth may i ask how do u make money a.k.a gold in game?

Day in, Day out; Grinding

Posted by: Volomon.9147

Volomon.9147

Aericth may i ask how do u make money a.k.a gold in game?

LOL I don’t, I run normal dungeons till I hit Token DR, then that’s it for the day. The amount of drop from loot from farming and gathering blows. It’s not even worth my time and I’m not even sure why people go through all that effort for it. I’ve come to the realization that I will never have a legendary.

I think based on good estimates that earning gold at a rate that is normal at the moment. It would take 9.5 years to accumulate enough gold for one.

So instead I’m working on Mystic Items like Volcanus.

I’m AerictheBoss by the way, this account got banned. Ridiculous silly mods, so I had to use that other account. AerictheBoss = my phone.

Wolfgang Michael.8217

I like how people come on here and complain about what they were technically exploiting and is bannable. I’m wonder if they’re waiting for more of these threads or if their not going to ban because of the obvious ignorance.

Steel Tide was not an exploit. Clearly you do NOT know the definition of an exploit. Bannable? Ha. You make me chuckle. It’s because of people like you, I don’t visit the forums often.

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

In GW1 farming and speedclearing was frowned upon, adding more foes, “fixing skills” was the norm for us after a while, the difference was that when a nerf happened there was always a way around it, and maybe that was part of the fun. GW2 is a bit harder to work around the “fixes”, you just have to keep moving areas.

Doing anything now that takes over 30 mins will see DR hit, no way around that, unless ofc you go fractals which seems to be the only place that is free from this “fix” for the moment, you want good drops again its fractals, you want something good from a chest, yep again its fractals. Lets not talk about all the T6 drops….
Expect this to be “fixed” at some point because its not working as intended.

And unfortunately Wolfgang, I do think that repeating a story line quest to farm it can be seen as an exploit, since its not what it was designed for, btw im not being negative since I did my fair share of them too, til I realised that we were exploiting the quest to farm it, which is not how the game was supposed to be played. ( I stopped incase it was deemed bannable). Also its not fractals so again your not playing in the right area.

So basically Steel Tides wasnt nerfed, it has been “fixed” so is now working as intended, its just a shame that so much effort goes into fixing farming areas when there is deff something wrong with the drop rate in Orr which ofc is not a priority worthy of a fix.

(edited by Missy.7356)

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

If they nerfed it it’s a load of BS and i know people will simply quit the game because/ If they do it here they will do it everywhere to get people to play their poor designed and at times frustrating new content.

If this is the case then expect all your little farms to be nerfed.

I for one will probably won’t go much pve anymore since I only farm so I can afford upgrades in WvW.
Only did the story to get to one of those spots. and to be honest, the missions in the story are bugged out like kittens on hot tin roofs to begin with, so i wonder why anyone would enjoy the story line in the first place.

ANET should look at GW1 and realize they had something good going with the small farms spread around the world.
It gave people something to do, in stead of running the new content trying to get those few crappy weapons for their HoM.

Nerf Steel? yet fail to do anything about clipping & other bugs that keep people from finishing their stories and stack frustration upon frustration.

Good job Anet we now know what your priorities are. \
Guess we should all head to the BLT and buy gems now right?

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.