Did you bought the new Travel toy?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I believe this a small test to see if Anet will make more travel toys. I personally would be glad to have more. I was just wondering how many ppl have bought the travel toy to get an idea of how it was received by the community. Did you buy it? was it worth it?
My obvious answers are yes and totally worth it.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I already own the glider and am currently maining an ele so yes.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I got it but it would be better if it was setup in the wardrobe like the glider and they setup a hotkey to turn it on/off instead of taking over the weapons slots. It should automatically turn off during combat but overtaking the weapons slot is annoying. Honestly it’ll probably be like the flying carpet I bought. I’ll play with it a bit then shove it in my bank. Even the glider needs a hotkey because there is time when it gets in the way.

Posted by: Nayukhuut.4269

Nayukhuut.4269

I bought it, but was sorely unimpressed with the(lack of) animation. It feels almost unfinished to me. Very wooden, almost like it started loading and then froze halfway through.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

No, I already have the carpet but I never use it, lol…

Tekoneiric.6817

I bought it, but was sorely unimpressed with the(lack of) animation. It feels almost unfinished to me. Very wooden, almost like it started loading and then froze halfway through.

I agree. They should have made it a bit more seamless to the electric glider. In some respects it looks a little odd the way the character is leaning with a wooden expression especially when stopped. A lot odd when stopped with that strange wooden look next to another character or NPC. It should definitely turn off or go to a floating zen meditating position when stopped and resume when moving.

One thing I would like to see them do is make it allow the player to float across water.

Posted by: PetboyJoshua.3108

PetboyJoshua.3108

I love travel toys (I own the broom, the carpet, and the sonic tunneling tool), but I’ll never buy this one.
Why ? Because it’s lazy and ugly.
Mind you, I would love the idea of having my character float without any kind of object, which can be seen as lazy too. But here, while they could have just decided to give just access to a floating animation as some sort of alternate walk/run animation, they dedided to slap a super-obnoxious particle effect on it, which makes it look very awkward for me.
I saw it on other people, and I’m definitely not buying it, even the character animation doesn’t look interesting.
One thing I really love, especially with the riding broom, is that it gives your character different animations and (hilarious) facial expressions if you walk, or if you run with it. I’d love to see another toy that does that.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Nope, don’t need ‘bling’ and I feel there are many more useful things Anet could be developing. Other than a few more gliders , can’t say I have even seen one player using the travel ‘toy’. Wasting a slot also-no thanks.

Tekoneiric.6817

The magic carpet works well with an Asura character.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

The magic carpet works well with an Asura character.

Proving once again, Asura are the best at everything.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Kross.6428

Kross.6428

No, I didn’t. Flashy items like that are not really my cup of tea. I’d rather spend my money on some well-designed glider skins or outfits, instead of special effects or pseudo-mounts. But even then, there haven’t been many outfits or glider skins that have come out recently that appeal to me either…

Stormbluff Isle – Baka Royale [Baka]

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

This wasn’t the first travel toy they’ve released, and they even recently changed Boxes of Fun to let you use travel toys for a short period of time after they’re dropped.

I already had the magic carpet (for much cheaper than the new one) and broom from the witch costume, so no, I didn’t buy the new travel toy.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I got it but it would be better if it was setup in the wardrobe like the glider and they setup a hotkey to turn it on/off instead of taking over the weapons slots. It should automatically turn off during combat but overtaking the weapons slot is annoying. Honestly it’ll probably be like the flying carpet I bought. I’ll play with it a bit then shove it in my bank. Even the glider needs a hotkey because there is time when it gets in the way.

My feelings are essentially identical to those expressed in these two statements.

I was comfortable with the cost for what it offers, but I would not have purchased it if the price was more. I was glad to see that it wasn’t priced higher than previously offered travel toys simply because it is a new shiny with effects.

One dislike I have for all travel toys is that the newly offered ‘auto-reactivation’ skills are not reversed. I feel that the #2 skill that brings back your weapon skills should instead be the #1 skill. If I am approaching an enemy then I first need to hit #2 so I can then attack with my #1 ‘auto attack’ skill instead of simply pressing #1 twice quickly.

Sometimes I will kill an enemy and head over toward another enemy some distance away and just as I am about to attack it with my #1 AA skill…the toy ‘auto-reactivates’ and instead of attacking I end up completely disabling the toy. So after that fight I then need to manually reactivate it from inventory again. It’s quite annoying to me.

If the #1 and #2 were reversed then my repeatedly pressing my #1 skill to initiate an attack would first bring my weapon skills back for use, and the 2nd press would begin attacking.

As they are now, I need to consciously begin each fight with my #2 skill to bring up my weapon skills before I attack with my #1 skill. That and I need to instead begin successive fights my #2 weapon skill just in case the toy reactivates just before I begin attacking another enemy to avoid disabling the toy completely…which is not preferable to me for most weapons on most professions.

Maybe it’s just me that is annoyed by this design which interrupts my encounters with enemies and makes the item a nuisance that leads me to use the toy less and not be that interested in buying others. :\

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Nope, I don’t like the travel toys all that much, they are ok to use out of a box of fun while you wait in PvP or what ever, but as for paying money/gold for one, personally I consider it a waste of both.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I bought it and I like it.
I’m not usually one for these type of things but it made me smile.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Welp, I bought it and find myself happy with it and the matching glider. I also have the carpet and broom, but this electro daftness I like more - but only my asura will use it. They are the best at all such things.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I thing the gliding animation is not the correct for this toy. The animation should have been more like… standing hovering. IMO Anet needs to dedicate more people to animation: more emotes, more running and idle options, etc.

I still bought the item, I think it could be useful on some social situations, and it was at a very reasonable price.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I’ll buy it,and many others like it,if and when they’ll make these toys give you swiftness buffs.
Because for all intents and purposes these are mounts,without any speed advantage.
And this would be a really nice way to introduce alternative and non traditional mounts,or out of combat and non class/built related speed buffs,or call them whatever you want,in the game.
The mechanics are there,all it takes is the decision to do it.
As for what would happen to the game.
The same thing that happened when gliding was introduced.
The game will be better.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Do your swiftness skills affect these?

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

From what I have noticed, no. I think the travel toys all move at the same speed regardless of profession or movement speed traits/boons.

Actually, I believe the speed of the Ascender toy (and others) is actually faster than running on my engineer even with the movement speed increase trait active.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Actually, I believe the speed of the Ascender toy (and others) is actually faster than running on my engineer even with the movement speed increase trait active.

Be careful.
If this is indeed true,get under cover because the sky is falling!

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

No.

I checked it out for going with the glider, but Dulfy’s videos made it clear that it’s a waste. There’s no animation, you just over in the gliding pose with a scaled down version of the glider around you. There isn’t even a jumping animation, which looks… odd. It’s nothing but two recycled animations (glider + gliding pose) being sold for a quick buck.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

No it is a toy, unless they go on sales like the flying carpet i bought.

I actually like how they treat them toy rather than mount. It should always stay as fun addition than a necessary traveling tool.

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

Oh this would be a great idea, put the Travel Toys into some kind of Wardrobe.

Personally, I wish they put “travel animations” into the slots, so that we could do tricks with the Travel Toys, like maybe “Spin in a Circle” whatever, just to make them more fun.

With that said, this one, like the tunneling tool, did not appeal to me, it’s strange too, I like the idea of Travel Toys, it’s just Anet seems to be bent on trying to put them in the most awkwardly unappealing way possible.

This could be some serious money for them, and they just seem intent on dropping the ball.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I like the idea a lot, but there’s so much FX vomit on the screen when you turn it on that I’m waiting for a vastly simpler/cleaner version for my floaty and/or winged characters.

Its like someone there is allergic to simplicity.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

I bought the toy based on the description that seemed to indicate it would automatically default to toy travel when I wasn’t fighting. FALSE!

I also didn’t expect my weapon bar to go away. I realize that there is a key you can press to go to the weapon bar, but there is no reason for it to take over the weapon bar in the first place.

Basically it’s too high a maintenance for me to use all the time like I thought I would. I wish I could get a refund.

Huge waste of money. Unless the change these things to make them more user friendly, I’m never buying another travel toy again and I’m recommending to everyone in my guild (TTS) that they not buy one either. Of course they are free to ignore that recommendation.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I bought the toy based on the description that seemed to indicate it would automatically default to toy travel when I wasn’t fighting. FALSE!

I also didn’t expect my weapon bar to go away. I realize that there is a key you can press to go to the weapon bar, but there is no reason for it to take over the weapon bar in the first place.

Basically it’s too high a maintenance for me to use all the time like I thought I would. I wish I could get a refund.

Huge waste of money. Unless the change these things to make them more user friendly, I’m never buying another travel toy again and I’m recommending to everyone in my guild (TTS) that they not buy one either. Of course they are free to ignore that recommendation.

Hehe exactly, and this inconvenience is one of the reasons I always enojyed that there were no mounts in GW2. They function exactly like this.

At least they’re not “required” yet as they do not give speed bonus like traditional mounts do.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I did buy it…but I’m sucker for toys.

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I bought it to go with my glider and it fits the theme of multiple of my characters.

Though I wish that when your character was floating it was more upright. It looks kind okittenward as is. I’d rather them be levitating standing up.

I rarely use it though. It’s kind of buggy in some situations if you have the buff on you and you go to cancel it. I guess you can permanently cancel it but it doesn’t seem like the greatest system. It’s also kind of annoying if you’re stuck on it and can’t use some of your abilities that you need to prep with like an aoe or something on a mob and you have to cancel it quickly before you agro.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

No, I didn’t like the effect.

I would have liked it as an air overload with a few better animations on my temepest, though.

Posted by: mbhalo.1547

mbhalo.1547

With this toy and with all the radiant armors, chaos gloves, cosmetic auras and infusions, legendary weapons effects, some characters look like glowing balls. This is getting ridiculous. I’d settle for more armors without the butt cape.

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

I really want the broomstick but I’m saving up for more important things like extra storage space and whatnot. :\

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

No, the animation is horrid

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Since this is some sort of straw poll… no, I did not, I will not buy any such, I have no interest in such.

Posted by: Welcometotheden.8547

Welcometotheden.8547

I bought the electromagnetic ascended toy to compliment the glider. The only character I have this glider on is my charr…which the toy makes me look like one of the older “Invisible Bike!!” cat memes since the character animation is so wooden. I don’t use it that often, as a result.

~ The Cult of the Six Symbols ~