Digital Deluxe: I feel like an idiot

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: boris.8419

boris.8419

EDIT: To everyone, that thinks that I’m complaining about the bonuses, I’m not complaining about them. My complaints are based on something entirely different, so please don’t reply before reading the whole thing, or get the main idea of my complaint. Thank you.

I’ve bought the Digital Deluxe edition (NOT via Black Lion/Gemstore), since I enjoyed every second on GW1, I thought I could spend the extra cash and grab the DDE for GW2 from the start. But then, I saw this upgrade on the gemstore (Black Lion thing); for 2000 gems, you can receive the difference / upgrade your game to Digital Deluxe aswell.

Not only that Digital Deluxe bonuses are just “joke” (5 day on Golem Banker? Really?), which made me feel like an “half-idiot”, seeing that people can buy the DDE with GOLD, I now feel like a complete idiot with a “kick me” sticker on his back. I feel like I was ripped off; cheated.

Your idea to allow people get gems with in-game currency is cool, but you still have to draw a line in my opinion. I don’t know if anyone feels like me, but as I’ve said, I feel like I was ripped off, cheated. I was trying to help you, but in return, you put a “kick me” sticker on my back.

Here is some stuff which may make me smile & enjoy the game again (extra bonuses only to those grabbed DDE not from gemstore);
-Unlimited Golem Banker (woohoo! nah it won’t happen. but why?)
-OST Download
-Gems?

EDIT: My 2nd post below;

@Vorch, and others who think I’m complaining about the bonuses;

No, I’m not complaining about them. I’m complaining about the upgrade package being attainable with in-game currency – thus making me feel stupid that I’ve paid extra 20 while trying to support ANet. That’s what I’m complaining about. ANet is basically screwing me for that.

Also, surely there will be / are people that bought gems, then bought the DDE upgrade. But nearly all of those who got that upgrade exchanged in-game currency with gems, not paid money to get those gems.

There has to be a line; while the idea (gold:gem exchange) is fantastic, ANet is shooting their own foot by doing so; punishing those paid money to get stuff aswell as discouraging them from future gem purchases, and ruining their own economy; by allowing everything to be attainable with in-game currency. While I would like to support the idea, after being screwed, I cannot.

(edited by boris.8419)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I feel like you. I bought DDE on first day of prebuy from anets official store. What a waste of money if I look at the cheap gem for gold ratio.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: minikiller.8475

minikiller.8475

ost? what is that?

Posted by: Ten.8421

Ten.8421

OST = Original Soundtrack

Frankly, I will tell anyone who asks to not get the Deluxe Edition. It was worth it for me the Headstart, but now that the game is running, the extra money would be wasted. Unless you’re a really, really huge Rytlock fan I guess? I don’t know if you can get the mini any other way.

Gamut Gaming Group [GGG], an inclusive non-oppression, non-prejudice, non-normativity group.

Posted by: kaboo.5194

kaboo.5194

this rant makes it sound like you just wanted the bonuses but you also state they are just a joke. and that makes me really confused, because how does the fact that dde can be bought for gems which can be bought for gold affect your desire to help? you wanted to help and you did.

if you said you wanted the bonuses and didnt know they can be bought for gold i would agree with you. but as it stands now you just sound stupid. i dont mean to insult you, but think about what i said for a moment and youll find your post stupid aswell
(and maybe youll be even glad that you helped them by buying dde with money instead of gold)

Posted by: flippa.9043

flippa.9043

The point he’s trying to make is that. Yes he paid cash for the DDE but all some one has to to is play the game long enough and transfer gold to gems the they have DDE.
So what was the point to pay cash if you can get in game for free just by playing.

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

Well look at it this way you paied about 20 bucks extra and that is about the price for 2k gems (if you buy them with real money) now you can spend you ingame time with things you like to do instead of grinding for the upgrade.

Blub.

Posted by: Bloodtau.4672

Bloodtau.4672

Should make a t-shirt “I bought the DDE and all I got was this crummy elite and mini pet I can’t use!”

Also, yes, I was also stupid enough to buy it as well….

Posted by: Liarian.4891

Liarian.4891

I thought about getting the DE but the time limit on the banker is stupid

Had they made it permanent that alone would have been enough for me to buy it

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

I have no regrets. The elite may be absolutely worthless, but it sure does look pertty.

Also, I like supporting this game anyway I can.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

I bought the Digital Deluxe edition, since I enjoyed every second on GW1, I thought I could spend the extra cash and grab the DDE for GW2. But then, I saw this upgrade on the gemstore (Black Lion thing); for 2000 gems, you can receive the difference / upgrade your game to Digital Deluxe aswell.

Not only that Digital Deluxe bonuses are just “joke” (5 day on Golem Banker? Really?), which made me feel like an “half-idiot”, seeing that people can buy the DDE with GOLD, I now feel like a complete idiot with a “kick me” sticker on his back. I feel like I was ripped off; cheated.

Your idea to allow people get gems with in-game currency is cool, but you still have to draw a line in my opinion. I don’t know if anyone feels like me, but as I’ve said, I feel like I was ripped off, cheated. I was trying to help you, but in return, you put a “kick me” sticker on my back.

Here is some stuff which may make me smile & enjoy the game again (extra bonuses only to those grabbed DDE not from gemstore);
-Unlimited Golem Banker (woohoo! nah it won’t happen. but why?)
-OST Download
-Gems?

I held off on digital deluxe because I didn’t feel like the description of the bonus items was good enough. A unique armor set would have been nice. People don’t pull out mini pets in this game…. Influence boost for your guild? Really this is a bonus item? One time use glory boost for PvP.. The only thing worth while really is the special elite skill which is pretty cool. I wouldn’t pay 2000 gems ($25 USD) for this. Would probably not even pay 800 gems ($10 USD) for it.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I bought the collector’s edition…it may be WAY more expensive, but at least I actually got SOMETHING (awesome statue, tin, and Best of OST).

I feel bad for the DDE purchasers who regret it, but you COULD read the description of each item before you bought it.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: nachdenki.2637

nachdenki.2637

well, I didn’t buy the DDE because the stuff in there is just not worth it in my opinion. I don’t really care about the digital goodies, and there was nothing “touchy” in there.

But although I didn’t buy it, I was really surprised to see it in the gem shop. If I would have bought it I would actually feel like you I guess.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I never pay for anything beyond a basic game. In every case the one’s that do come out with stories of regret.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: ashsmith.8976

ashsmith.8976

I feel like an idiot buying DDE version £60 for what , a wolf skill and i just bought mist of pandaria boxed collectors for £54 with sound track , art book , mouse pad etc .

Yes DDE is a massive rip off , and so are the prices for gems , £8 + for 800 and one bag slot cost 600 . Sort your prices out Anet, i would have rather had a subscription to this.

Posted by: boris.8419

boris.8419

@Vorch, and others who think I’m complaining about the bonuses;

No, I’m not complaining about them. I’m complaining about the upgrade package being attainable with in-game currency – thus making me feel stupid that I’ve paid extra 20 while trying to support ANet. That’s what I’m complaining about. ANet is basically screwing me for that.

Also, surely there will be / are people that bought gems, then bought the DDE upgrade. But nearly all of those who got that upgrade exchanged in-game currency with gems, not paid money to get those gems.

There has to be a line; while the idea (gold:gem exchange) is fantastic, ANet is shooting their own foot by doing so; punishing those paid money to get stuff aswell as discouraging them from future gem purchases, and ruining their own economy; by allowing everything to be attainable with in-game currency. While I would like to support the idea, after being screwed, I cannot.

(edited by boris.8419)

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

I was going to buy it too, but thought better of it. There was nothing that grabbed me as being a bonue. After the fact, I can easilly see it was a rip off. Sry dude.

Posted by: iSpam.6124

iSpam.6124

Yeah.. for $20 extra it’s kind of kitteny for those of us who did.. the one times were kinda nice and I can understand them being one timed, but the golem banker and all that? I feel like it should be one limited to each char, with unlimited used but maybe a cool down or recharge..

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

I don’t see how it’s punishing anyone.

Buying it outright means you don’t have to do any work or farm anything in-game to get it.

It’s a trade off, not a punishment.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Yes the DDE is a rip off i ordered it and its simply not worth it the only + is you’re supporting anet but i would rather buy more character slots with that money

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

well, it is not like the bonus stuff was super secret when you bought it. I checked it and considered the edition really not being worth it. Maybe you should start checking the products you are buying, otherwise I fear you will end up with a vacation home in some swamp.

Posted by: Clem.2963

Clem.2963

What annoys me is seeing the Mistfire wolf skill there, but knowing I can’t use it unless I give up ~7.5 gold. :|

Posted by: CJAncients.6907

CJAncients.6907

Gotta agree that the digital bonuses suck. I bought the collector’s edition for the art book though. Couldn’t care less about the statue but it’s a nice bonus.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m confused by all the people saying they bought it and feel like they got ripped off. I thought the descriptions were pretty clear, so you should have known what you were getting.

I bought the DE too and I think it was well worth it. I wanted to pre-purchase anyway for the headstart and betas, and I’d planned to collect all the minis since I first found out they’d be in the game so the mini Rytlock was a must-have for me. The other stuff I’m less fussed about, although the golem bankers have come in useful.

But the point is I knew exactly what I was buying, how much it cost and how much less the standard version cost and I find it hard to believe other people didn’t.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

Kinda sucks the golem banker is only 5 days but… leave a character slot open. Make alt. Deposit its golem banker in your bank (don’t use the golem banker it comes with to do this). Delete the alt to open up your space again. You now have a new golem banker waiting for you for when the timer runs out on the first one. Thus you have potentially infinite golem bankers.

Malediktus.9250

We are not complaining about the stuff inside, but the fact you can now buy it for gems which can be gotten for gold.

Posted by: Koolthulu.9682

Koolthulu.9682

Anet made it pretty clear that people would be able to buy the upgrade items in the gem store at least a couple of weeks before launch. And the items were pretty clearly detailed (even the 5 day limit on the banker). You didn’t do your research. Not really sure what you’re upset about.

I paid for the DDE knowing it would be available in the gem store. The amount of time it would take me to farm gold for the gems would be way more time than what it took me to earn $20 working at my job.

Malediktus.9250

Not if you bought it at the first few hours after pre buy started.

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

Kinda sucks the golem banker is only 5 days but… leave a character slot open. Make alt. Deposit its golem banker in your bank (don’t use the golem banker it comes with to do this). Delete the alt to open up your space again. You now have a new golem banker waiting for you for when the timer runs out on the first one. Thus you have potentially infinite golem bankers.

The Golem bankers were real nice, but 5 days? really? They should have been permanent, especially if you were willing to shell out the cash for the collectors edition. I was actually willing, but I couldn’t justify the purchase with what was being offered.

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

@Koolthulu
I bought DDE back in May. Not that I’m complaining, I’m just saying that it’s entirely possible for him not to have known that it would be available via gem store.

Posted by: Krighton.2138

Krighton.2138

Heh, I just purchased the regular digital edition and paid this homeless guy near Starbucks in Anaheim, $14.99. He’s got a lot of work to do and doesn’t even know it.. he was grateful though. Money motivates people to do great things. It’s bee proven through out history.

A great attitude doesn’t feed your family. Never will.

Posted by: CRCGamer.6715

CRCGamer.6715

Doesn’t work that way… golem bankers say account bound, but are actually character bound. And you cannot pull them out of the bank onto another character. So no, there is no infinite golem banker option.

Posted by: ChaosKirin.1328

ChaosKirin.1328

The only thing that stopped me from buying the DDE or the CE was the fact that the upgrades you got were limited. Especially the golem banker. I would have definitely purchased the DDE if the golem banker was permanent.

Posted by: Theta Zero.9023

Theta Zero.9023

The ingame bonus costs $25 in gems.
The boxed version costs $20 extra.

Even with ingame exchanges youre getting a better value per gem.

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

Spend time earning real money or spend time earning virtual money to buy the same item. I’m not sure I understand the complaint. Either way you have to spend time earning the price of the DDE. Also they aren’t losing the extra $20 because someone had to buy the gems with real money that one buys with gold in order to buy the DDE with gems. So it doesn’t matter if one bought the DDE up front or upgrades to it they got the extra money.