Digital Deluxe Sale

Digital Deluxe Sale

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blacksmith.2604

Blacksmith.2604

I have a quick question about the sale going on tomorrow.
I bought Gw2 A while back in a Target in a box copy. It was neither ‘Heroic Edition’ or ‘Deluxe Edition’. If I were to buy the Deluxe edition which is on sale tomorrow, could I apply the upgrade to my current account, or would I need to restart the game altogether under a new account?

Digital Deluxe Sale

Posted by: Sol.6213

Sol.6213

I would suspect that you would have to start a new account as neither of the purchases on the gw2 site are listed as upgrades.

What IS listed as an upgrade is the Digital Deluxe Upgrade in the gem store. (2000 gems right now)

If ArenaNet was being kind they would put the Digital Deluxe Upgrade in the gem store on sale at 400 gems ($5), which is the difference between the two editions.

I don’t expect them to do this though as I don’t believe they have done this when the game has gone on sale in the past.

It’s too bad though, I would be willing to bet they would get some gem purchases from it.

Digital Deluxe Sale

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

if they even did a half price sale on it, I’d buy it

Digital Deluxe Sale

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Heck, I buy the digital deluxe for $5 and upgrade my accounts a 2nd time just for the heritage Armor. #MOARSALES!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Digital Deluxe Sale

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

Yeah, it’d be nice if the upgrade in the gem store also went on sale.

Digital Deluxe Sale

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

As far as I know all Gem Store items will be 75% off, so if that’s the case, and the DD goes one sale, just get it there.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Digital Deluxe Sale

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

As far as I know all Gem Store items will be 75% off, so if that’s the case, and the DD goes one sale, just get it there.

Where did you get the info that all gem store items will be 75% off?

The Burninator

Digital Deluxe Sale

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Where did you get the info that all gem store items will be 75% off?

Hmm… I can’t find it, so it’s possible I misread something. I could have sworn that I saw an announcement on twitter or facebook claiming that in addition to the game being on sale gem story stuff would be on sale for the same.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Digital Deluxe Sale

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The Ten Ton Hammer article only says this:

On top of that there’s also double-experience for all characters over the weekend and 15% off boosters from the Gem store.

Source:
http://www.tentonhammer.com/news/guild-wars-2/guild-wars-2-pax-south-weekend-line-game-cost-slashed

The Burninator