Diminishing Returns in Lab

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Make Rye Known.6273

Make Rye Known.6273

I have played for around 1 hour in lab and already loot has stopped dropping, really anet? Deminishing returns are bad enough as a concept but really? an hour? Stop trying to be my mom and let me enjouy the godkitten game as I like.
If you don’t want to flood the market or something, find another way than limiting our playtime, this is godkitten stupid.

Posted by: Palimow.6342

Palimow.6342

I have played for around 1 hour in lab and already loot has stopped dropping, really anet? Deminishing returns are bad enough as a concept but really? an hour? Stop trying to be my mom and let me enjouy the godkitten game as I like.
If you don’t want to flood the market or something, find another way than limiting our playtime, this is godkitten stupid.

Ya it really killed the excitement I had for the Halloween patch… too bad…

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

Diminishing returns make sense for the game as a whole, but during festival activities? Hell no, this is the little time we have to play them. I took a week off to play SAB and it was worth every minute; we won’t see it again for a whole year, so why keep the loot at bay?

Make Rye Known.6273

Diminishing returns make sense for the game as a whole, but during festival activities? Hell no, this is the little time we have to play them. I took a week off to play SAB and it was worth every minute; we won’t see it again for a whole year, so why keep the loot at bay?

I agree that it makes sense, but it’s still too extreme a 3 hours period would be fine but 1 hours is just too kitten low:(
And I am on my 4th or 5th char now, I feel sorry for the people that wanted to farm but don’t have 13 lvl 80 available:s

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

And I am on my 4th or 5th char now, I feel sorry for the people that wanted to farm but don’t have 13 lvl 80 available:s

Yeah. XD As a mainoholic, I only have one lvl80, lol. But I only wanted to farm some gold, I’m not interested in the items. So whatever, I guess I’m going back to do AB multiloot. :P

Make Rye Known.6273

Someone in my guild said you can get dr off if you farm 20 to 30 min in tyria before you go back into lab, worth a shot I guess

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Yeah. XD As a mainoholic, I only have one lvl80, lol. But I only wanted to farm some gold, I’m not interested in the items. So whatever, I guess I’m going back to do AB multiloot. :P

Since DR resets when you do other stuff elsewhere, then it seems that those who enjoy AB/ML will find it the perfect way to reset Labyrinth DR….

~EW

Make Rye Known.6273

“Since DR resets when you do other stuff elsewhere, then it seems that those who enjoy AB/ML will find it the perfect way to reset Labyrinth DR….

~EW"

That’s kind of my problem with DR, it’s not something that can 100% impare your farm, but in the end it just really makes the game feel chuncky and annoying.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Really? I was looking forward to my ToT bad farm. Halloween is the only yearly festival I like.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

DR has been around for a while, including there. Play for a while there then go do an event somewhere else then back to the Lab. Doing that also gives me time to clean out my bags and clean them up without getting killed in the Lab.

Make Rye Known.6273

DR has been around for a while, including there. Play for a while there then go do an event somewhere else then back to the Lab. Doing that also gives me time to clean out my bags and clean them up without getting killed in the Lab.

Just because it’s been around for “awhile” does not make it a good thing e.e and fine that you want time to clean your bags, but having DR or not does not change anything for you cleaning your bags and porting out.

Also last year was the first time DR was in lab.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

DR is meant for bot and “exploits”…..but I am a legit player T_T

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Make Rye Known.6273

DR is meant for bot and “exploits”…..but I am a legit player T_T

And that there is the exact problem; It punishes the many because of the few and it is a cheap and lazy way to counter Bot problems and exploits.

Posted by: JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

This plus the drop rate of the good stuff, doesn’t make a lot of sense together.

Posted by: Rollingonit.1309

Rollingonit.1309

Is it the same as last year’s DR? or did they increase it or something?

Posted by: Unknown.2189

Unknown.2189

Yeah DR is pretty bad in LAB, especially with the bad rng in the ToT bags. I just opened 20k ToT bags and didn’t get a single new item. No new weapon and no new mini.

Last year my rng was awful aswell, I had to buy all the weapons and minis cause no matter how many bags I was opening I just wasn’t getting anything during the 2 weeks except mb like 3 or 4 doubles of the dog and thats all.

But this year I can’t even do that because the minis are not tradeable. I would have been willing to pay for these with gems, I bought gems ahead of time just incase, but instead I wasted lots of gold buying bags and time trying to farm.

So now having to worry about DR? :/

Link Triforce/Atticus Roach
-Warrior/Necromancer-

(edited by Unknown.2189)

Posted by: Sheridan.4890

Sheridan.4890

Hell I would even enter a capture every <DR_TIMEOUT> minutes to verify I am not to be cut off by loot DR.

Yesterday was my first day on helloween so far – missed the last helloweens because of game breaks – and farming the lab IS ACTUALLY FUN FOR ME. But I can’t farm for more then one bufffood length because of the bad DR-design.

Posted by: Talek.6795

Talek.6795

That DR is very bad thing. With this really bad patch it was at least 1 good thing – the opportunity to funny farm the event we like so much

There is still AB farm does exist and Anet doesn’t fix it, but nooo, lets put DR on the lab

The hypetrain wasn’t changed at all. Lots of my friends are waited for the overhyped patch you, dear Anet, advertised so much. You have even done posts on the economy, BIG balance updates, halloween nonstop lab farm, solo/duoq poll. You have been prepared us for something great and did nothing. I always defended the game, i even play on mac and each post about the native client for mac is lots of sugar and hope for me.

-Halloween – you removed more content and made DR for the lab

-BIG balance changes – couple of bug fixes and reduction of the boon duration isn’t a balance update

Economy balance – while you don’t care about things like AB farm and other exploits all you can do with economy is login as admin and buy economy-forming stuff like ectos ect, to remove them forever from the market and trying to heal it. But the only way to make the market healthy is track and fix all broken stuff and let the market forms itself by us, players.

PvP poll – after that patch i don’t believe you can do good decision of it and we get something good after. If the company with more than 17 years experience on this market still doesn’t understand that split the pvp queues, making the audience be divided is bad – this is the end.

Do you, Anet, play your game? i can’t believe the developer can release such updates

Cheers,
Alex

Talék

(edited by Talek.6795)

Posted by: Vincent.7452

Vincent.7452

Is it the same as last year’s DR? or did they increase it or something?

I farmed it a lot last year and so far it seems to be about the same.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Since DR resets when you do other stuff elsewhere, then it seems that those who enjoy AB/ML will find it the perfect way to reset Labyrinth DR….

~EW

Nice, thanks for the info.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

What they need to fix is scaling. The doors are great example, where by zerging them, you can easily get 10x the loot with no risk. Scaled events shouldn’t spawn additional enemies or higher ranks (champions), at least not any that drop loot. DR is simply normalizing the end rewards, where zerging just reaches them much faster.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m surprised people are getting DR after just an hour.

I spent most of yesterday evening farming the Labyrinth and I think I only saw the beginnings of DR once (it wasn’t enough of a drop in loot to be sure it was DR and not just a bad run, and I left shortly after). Last year I was farming it pretty much all Halloween and rarely saw DR.

My system is fairly simple:
1) Farm the Labyrinth until I get 250 bags or DR, whichever comes first (and it’s almost always 250 bags).
2) Go to LA, clear my inventory, open the bags, sort out all the loot. (Plus play Mad King Says if it starts.)
3) Head back to the Labyrinth. If I think I’m getting DR I’ll switch to do a few runs of the Clocktower or Ascent to Madness, on the same character then come back.

I’m not sure if it’s that system, the fact that I can only play for a maximum of 7 hours a night and have to stop at least once to either make and eat dinner or eat and wash up, frequently more than once if there’s other real life stuff I have to do, or a combination of the two but as I said I rarely get hit with DR and when I do it’s easy to get rid of.

One thing to bear in mind is it’s entirely possible to get a run of bad drops without it being DR. When it does hit you’ll know it. I never get it outside the Labyrinth (because I hate farming) but the first time it happened was pretty unmistakable. It wasn’t simply that I was getting less greens and rares, or a veteran from a door didn’t drop loot, I literally stopped getting anything except Spider Legs and Porous Bones for an entire circuit of the Lab. Periods of bad loot are much more common, but less extreme.

Secondly it’s important to remember it’s applied and removed per character. Switching to a different character when it hits will enable you to play without DR for a while, but will do nothing to remove it, when you go back to the first character they’ll still be affected. You have to play that character in a different map to remove it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I did not time it but is it really at an hour? That is pointless. Sure, take breaks, your inventory will fill up anyway, but an hour at a time is WAY too low when you are trying to level a character. As was pointed out most of us gasp do not have a lot of free time during the week. What is worse, when we do have a huge chunk of time (like weekends or days off) we can not take full advantage of it.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Can’t say I had noticed. I labie’d for almost 3 hours and my bags kept on filling up. Then again, I took ocassional 5 minute breaks. maybe that was enough to break the DR.

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Not only have the increased the DR but the leather salvage has also been reduced to almost nil. Geesh i wish I had Maize Balm farming back again.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: JmoolZZ.6251

JmoolZZ.6251

Thanks for taking the n out of fun for holidays.

epic!
guys I experience DR after half an hour in the maze. It’s not that hard to see it. Check the karma you get from the door events. Trust me, the XP and the loot is also diminished. First door event (with multi-mobs) you may get 30 bags, 15th door you will get 5 bags for the same amount of mobs. It is really a pity having to change toon for something like that. Oh well, we’ll survive, I surely don’t expect changes right now.

Event DR (for Karma and XP) is a completely separate and wholly unrelated system from mob loot drop DR.

I agree. I farmed for 4 hours straight yesterday and never swapped characters, the only DR I saw was less karma and experience. It didn’t affect the bags I was getting, or the drops from enemies. DR effects map/event rewards. But if you’re getting ToT bag drops from enemies along the way as well as the doors it’s hardly noticeable.

In those 4 hours I still made 5 stacks of ToT bags. Again, it only affects karma and exp, the change to drop rate if there is one, is hardly noticeable.

Make Rye Known.6273

epic!
guys I experience DR after half an hour in the maze. It’s not that hard to see it. Check the karma you get from the door events. Trust me, the XP and the loot is also diminished. First door event (with multi-mobs) you may get 30 bags, 15th door you will get 5 bags for the same amount of mobs. It is really a pity having to change toon for something like that. Oh well, we’ll survive, I surely don’t expect changes right now.

Event DR (for Karma and XP) is a completely separate and wholly unrelated system from mob loot drop DR.

I agree. I farmed for 4 hours straight yesterday and never swapped characters, the only DR I saw was less karma and experience. It didn’t affect the bags I was getting, or the drops from enemies. DR effects map/event rewards. But if you’re getting ToT bag drops from enemies along the way as well as the doors it’s hardly noticeable.

In those 4 hours I still made 5 stacks of ToT bags. Again, it only affects karma and exp, the change to drop rate if there is one, is hardly noticeable.

That sounds weird:s
DR on loot and DR on events are separate though.

Btw I farmed around 12 hours yesterday, having to change char around every hour or go do events on the char with DR.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Does anyone know when DR goes away for a character?

Like, say I run around on my Dragonhunter for an hour, I get DR, and I swap to anther character. How long do I have to wait for my Dragonhunter’s DR to go away?

NSPride <3

Make Rye Known.6273

Like, say I run around on my Dragonhunter for an hour, I get DR, and I swap to anther character. How long do I have to wait for my Dragonhunter’s DR to go away?

You have to play on the character in Tyria for it to go away:(

Menadena.7482

epic!

Even if it is just xp that is still bad. Plenty of people (myself included) are trying to level characters.

Posted by: Spiritz Wamphryi.8316

Spiritz Wamphryi.8316

menadena – you have to remember when leveling in laby that the xp given is at a value for your level – just because you get boosted to lvl 80 temp in there it don’t mean you will get the xp a lvl 80 chr would get. Its always been that way ingame , you get the same thing when you do eotm to lvl . Imagine how quick you would lvl in laby if you had lvl 80 xp ? The same also applies to xp from nodes sadly . The easiest way to lvl in laby is get in a train and use any aoe skills to tag as much as possible and the xp will come very fast

Menadena.7482

Yes, I know. However a fraction of any level’s xp is still a fraction of the xp.

One trick to other ppl trying to level up there. Nobody wants to lead the zerg. Tag up (assuming nobody else has) and you will get a crowd of people with exotic weaponry around you pretty fast. Just run towards doors and spam weapon skills constantly.

Make Rye Known.6273

Okay guys let’s just get this out of the way..
Fact: DR does lower the amount of ToT bags dropped from mobs significantly after around an hour of play (it’s around the same time the exotic bags stop dropping from boss mobs).
Just try and go into Lab with a character that has not been in lab and see how the loot drops a lot more than on your other chars and then see how it drastically becomes less and less
Also waiting for DR to disapear makes your really sour when you are using magic find booster and a third of it is wasted just waiting in LA or doing small events.

So people please stop defending DR as if it’s good it is not. It makes the gameplay and farm less enjoyable.
I love the game but when Anet does something that is horrendously stupid, I won’t just go “Oh but it’s okay because you can just go do events or wait in LA to reset” that is just dumb excuses people make to justify Anets actions.. You don’t make good gameplay by limiting people from doing what they like to do.
Don’t be a sheep.

(edited by Make Rye Known.6273)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Fact: DR does lower the amount of ToT bags dropped from mobs significantly after around an hour of play (it’s around the same time the exotic bags stop dropping from boss mobs).

It’s not clear that this is happening to everyone after an hour. What if DR is exactly the same and based not on time but on number of identical mobs tagged within a period of time within a particular map area?

This year, nearly everyone has specializations, there is much more community awareness how to tag efficiently, a few people know how to CC quickly, and the zerg races around nearly as quickly as the game would allow if there were no mobs. That means: we defeat the used-to-be-tough bosses more quickly and more people are able to tag more foes in more events more often.

Further, more of us have true autolooting this year compared to last and we all have salvage-all, so managing inventory is also much, much more efficient.

In other words, some of us hit DR more quickly because we’re actually farming much more efficiently than in past years. And DR has always been designed to put a cap on how quickly people can inhale resources from the aether, since it’s primarily an anti-botting tool.

In other words, what if ANet didn’t change a thing; we’re just a lot faster than we were before?

Regardless, there remain easy work-arounds:

• Swap characters.
  • Leave the zone to clear bags out and do something else for 5-15 min.

You’ll still end up earning around a stack of ToTs per hour, just not 1.5 stacks/hour. That’s still 12.5 gold/hour from ToTs alone at the end of the festival (when prices will probably be ~5s/bag) and worth up to 50g/hour if you sell in 9-11 months

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Make Rye Known.6273

It’s not clear that this is happening to everyone after an hour. What if DR is exactly the same and based not on time but on number of identical mobs tagged within a period of time within a particular map area?

This year, nearly everyone has specializations, there is much more community awareness how to tag efficiently, a few people know how to CC quickly, and the zerg races around nearly as quickly as the game would allow if there were no mobs. That means: we defeat the used-to-be-tough bosses more quickly and more people are able to tag more foes in more events more often.

Further, more of us have true autolooting this year compared to last and we all have salvage-all, so managing inventory is also much, much more efficient.

In other words, some of us hit DR more quickly because we’re actually farming much more efficiently than in past years. And DR has always been designed to put a cap on how quickly people can inhale resources from the aether, since it’s primarily an anti-botting tool.

In other words, what if ANet didn’t change a thing; we’re just a lot faster than we were before?

Regardless, there remain easy work-arounds:

• Swap characters.
  • Leave the zone to clear bags out and do something else for 5-15 min.

You’ll still end up earning around a stack of ToTs per hour, just not 1.5 stacks/hour. That’s still 12.5 gold/hour from ToTs alone at the end of the festival (when prices will probably be ~5s/bag) and worth up to 50g/hour if you sell in 9-11 months

Yes, but if you can work around it like that, why even have it? Last years lab was just as bad.

There has been no new content other than lab which DR could interfere with in the same way (as far as I am aware), until Bloodstone Fen came out and there Cleric farm works the same way with DR and it does nothing to stop people from farming it just makes the experience more annoying. (Because of ML and how the new event maps were set up DR haven’t really been a factor)

DR is the same as DRM trying to interfere with Pirate downloads, it does not work. It’s the same way, it restricts legitimate players/costumers, because of illigal activity but it does nothing to those people doing illigal things, sure it might delay them a bit, but they will work around it.

It’s just worse with DR because here the price actually goes up on the item being farmed because it can put people off doing the content and therefore the loss the Bot owners/gold sellers would have taken, from taking a break because of the DR, is nulled.

So what I am trying to say is; It interferes with the legitimate player trying to have a Whole Experience without that experience being all chuncky, as going afk for 15 min in LA andchanging character does (why would you restrict people from playing their main?) and all these impeding mechanics, for what? Going after the bad guy by burning the whole city to the ground?
Be it an hour or 3 hours, DR, it’s just a bad game philosophy.

I would rather have them actually try to counter the goldsellers, than having a system that hurts legitimate players.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

If DR hits after 1 hour, isn’t that a good thing considering we’re actually meant to be taking a 5-10 minute break from computer games for every hour we play? All you kind of have to do to reset DR is log off and back on again really, or change character. It’s not that big a deal.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Make Rye Known.6273

If DR hits after 1 hour, isn’t that a good thing considering we’re actually meant to be taking a 5-10 minute break from computer games for every hour we play? All you kind of have to do to reset DR is log off and back on again really, or change character. It’s not that big a deal.

I should have the abillity to decide when I want to spend my time playing, the game shouldn’t dictate my game time e.e

and DR doesn’t get removed by going offline, you have to be ingame for it to go off.

Make Rye Known.6273

And it is a big deal. The game is built on you farming large amounts of items to reach your goals.

edit
It’s like saying "I shouldn’t eat candy because it’s not healthy for me*
I want to decide whether I want eat that candy or not.
(sorry about the rage but comments like that kittenes me off it is just reaching for something to sustain your idea that everything is okay).

Posted by: LadySwan.8751

LadySwan.8751

I’m not entirely sure how DR works but I can say after farmin the event yesterday like crazy, then takin a good few hour break. I’m talkin close to ten plus hours of break time and logging off livin rl and what not, I came back to bad drops. DR was still havin its affects on me and pretty badly if I do say so ..I was only getting Karma and Copper from doors at this point. So I asked around and people said to switch or do other events. So i switched charas to one that’s never been in the lab this year and STILL, just karma and copper from doors and only mobs were dropping treat bags for me and not a lot after a good while of playin.
I’m currently logged and waiting til reset as i heard that can reset the cap on it. Hopefully it does..

Anyone else have an experience like this??

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I’m not entirely sure how DR works but I can say after farmin the event yesterday like crazy, then takin a good few hour break. I’m talkin close to ten plus hours of break time and logging off livin rl and what not, I came back to bad drops. DR was still havin its affects on me and pretty badly if I do say so ..I was only getting Karma and Copper from doors at this point. So I asked around and people said to switch or do other events. So i switched charas to one that’s never been in the lab this year and STILL, just karma and copper from doors and only mobs were dropping treat bags for me and not a lot after a good while of playin.
I’m currently logged and waiting til reset as i heard that can reset the cap on it. Hopefully it does..

here you go: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Diminishing_returns

edit: imo there are 2 important things to know: 1) DR is character based, 2) the best way to shed it is to go to other maps with that character to do stuff.

~EW

Make Rye Known.6273

Think of DR like this:

It affects one character at a time, so you can log onto your other characters to bypass it until you don’t have anymore characters not hit by DR.

But to use a character again that has been hit by DR you have to be logged in on that character while doing something else for around half an hour before the DR is removed, logging out does not remove DR.

So if you have 5 characters that are hit by DR, everyone of those characters need to be logged in and doing something else for half an hour each.

just a note; If anet really wants people to be restricted by this, atleast make this information available to players, it’s disgusting buisness practice.

Posted by: LadySwan.8751

LadySwan.8751

I switched characters and was still getting the same affects of DR on the second, that I was receiving on the first though? The other chara was getting only copper and Karma /as well/ only I had never put that chara through the maze until today…

^^^^ That is what had me confused cause I heard switching would help but in my particular case it didn’t qaq.. Im currently just in AB gona do tht till it’s gone W

I agree though Make Rye Known, they should list this somewhere for people to learn more about. (aside from the link wallaby posted! Though that helps some)

Make Rye Known.6273

I agree though Make Rye Known, they should list this somewhere for people to learn more about. (aside from the link wallaby posted! Though that helps some)

Thank you:) Also the link wallaby posted is not official>-< the wiki is just people like you and me, so most of it is just speculation:P Anet doesn’t want us too know how it works:s

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Also the link wallaby posted is not official>-< the wiki is just people like you and me, so most of it is just speculation:P Anet doesn’t want us too know how it works:s

True, but even anecdotal info can be useful to an extent.

The thing I’m most curious about is if the Clocktower or Ascent can wipe away the DR from Lab…

~EW

Make Rye Known.6273

Also the link wallaby posted is not official>-< the wiki is just people like you and me, so most of it is just speculation:P Anet doesn’t want us too know how it works:s

True, but even anecdotal info can be useful to an extent.

The thing I’m most curious about is if the Clocktower or Ascent can wipe away the DR from Lab…

~EW

Ofc, didn’t mean it to discredit you:) It was good that you linked it ^^ I said it mostly to show how little information Anet have given on the subject:P

But I think Ascent wipes it, a lot of people from my guild are doing those in between, you might just need to be on a map that is not the one you have DR on:b

Razor.9872

Well, I know that. But for how long do I have to play that character? If that new character I’m playing on starts getting DR, can I go back to playing my Dragonhunter? Or will he still have DR too?

NSPride <3

Make Rye Known.6273

Well, I know that. But for how long do I have to play that character? If that new character I’m playing on starts getting DR, can I go back to playing my Dragonhunter? Or will he still have DR too?

You need to be there for around 30 min and it is character based so you every char that has DR needs to be somewhere else for around 30 min each, it does not get removed from logging off.

I went to bed and woke up around 10 hours later and my chars still had DR:3

Razor.9872

You need to be there for around 30 min and it is character based so you every char that has DR needs to be somewhere else for around 30 min each, it does not get removed from logging off.

I went to bed and woke up around 10 hours later and my chars still had DR:3

Assuming this is right, then the optimal schedule would be to do 30-60 minutes in the labyrinth, go do something like a daily fractal or whatever, then come back? Interesting, I’ll try this out and see if it works.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t think ANet is being paternalistic. I think they have set up a system to protect us from the economic harm caused by bots and we have simply become too efficient at farming the lab. It’s entirely possible that they changed nothing and we are just better at defeating the bosses and collecting loot. It’s possible, therefore, that we are running into DR much sooner than ANet expected regular people to do.

A couple of people have asked ANet to offer more details about how DR works. ANet isn’t likely to do that, because it undermines their anti-botting efforts. (And it would also undermine any attempt to protect us from our own selves.)

DR works best if it’s mysterious, making it harder for bots to work-around and easier to identify accounts that found a programmatic way to avoid it (something us regular players wouldn’t be able to so).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Rollingonit.1309

Rollingonit.1309

I don’t think ANet is being paternalistic. I think they have set up a system to protect us from the economic harm caused by bots and we have simply become too efficient at farming the lab. It’s entirely possible that they changed nothing and we are just better at defeating the bosses and collecting loot. It’s possible, therefore, that we are running into DR much sooner than ANet expected regular people to do.

A couple of people have asked ANet to offer more details about how DR works. ANet isn’t likely to do that, because it undermines their anti-botting efforts. (And it would also undermine any attempt to protect us from our own selves.)

DR works best if it’s mysterious, making it harder for bots to work-around and easier to identify accounts that found a programmatic way to avoid it (something us regular players wouldn’t be able to so).

This is a possibility. The DR “felt” similar to last years, when I got home and logged in. But who knows cept ANet.

My only concern was if they increased the DR, sadface. But I couldnt determine that with any certainty last night.

(edited by Rollingonit.1309)