Diminishing returns expiration

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LiberAzerate.4827

LiberAzerate.4827

Does anyone know how long the DR system lasts after you stop killing specific mobs? Also, is the system focused on enemy type or any area specifically? Like in Orr you can farm elementals for a while but then switch back to risen but if you don’t wait for the proper amount of time between kills can you experience DR for two different enemy types?

Hope this makes sense.

Posted by: Pray For Kosmos.5849

Pray For Kosmos.5849

i would also like to know the answer

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

When i seem to be getting nothing but porus bones as loot, then it is time to move on… Sometimes can be as little as 30 minutes :-(

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

Posted by: Azurymber.5193

Azurymber.5193

I would love to know this as well.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

me too

more importantly tho I would love to know when they plan on removing DR entirely now that they have control over the bots.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Sorry, but you probably wouldn’t get a clear answer from an official response. All you’d probably get are speculations made by players based on their experiences :P

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

LiberAzerate.4827

Sorry, but you probably wouldn’t get a clear answer from an official response. All you’d probably get are speculations made by players based on their experiences :P

Sadly that’s what I’m thinking is going to happen, but hopefully we can get some sort of clarity on the matter.

LiberAzerate.4827

me too

more importantly tho I would love to know when they plan on removing DR entirely now that they have control over the bots.

Seriously, DR now that the bots are mostly handled just seems to serve as a hindrance.

Posted by: puffintoast.6501

puffintoast.6501

Seriously, DR now that the bots are mostly handled just seems to serve as a hindrance.

The massive bot influx shortly after release was necessary to warrant the apparently heavy-handed DR introduction, which after their much-lauded successful first-round of bot clean-ups, has seemingly been amalgamated into the early November loot reductions, to provide the huge boost in gem sales and the materials-starved, inflated value market that we now enjoy.
Oh for apparent randomness.
My gods, how Nexon have tipped the scales of cynicism in a short time.
Well played, Crystin.

Posted by: kitanas.3596

kitanas.3596

me too

do you really think the bots are gone for good?

as long as people are willing to pay for gold, there will always be bots in game.

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

I think the exact formulas used for DR are kept secret for a reason, I believe at one time they said that talking about the specifics would open up further abuse to the system.

I’d still like to know as well, but I can understand why it is a secret.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

I know this is not a direct answer to your question but might be just as helpful. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Diminishing_returns

Diminishing returns resets at approximately 17:00 (PDT) / 0:00 (UCT).

LiberAzerate.4827

I know this is not a direct answer to your question but might be just as helpful. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Diminishing_returns

From the way that post is talking, I’m assuming that is for the dungeon DR system. I hope to god that is what they’re referring to at least.

LiberAzerate.4827

I think the exact formulas used for DR are kept secret for a reason, I believe at one time they said that talking about the specifics would open up further abuse to the system.

I’d still like to know as well, but I can understand why it is a secret.

Yeah, I do too. But yeah, I can see how it would lead to some sort of “abuse” but it’s hard to see the logic at present. For myself at least.

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

From the way that post is talking, I’m assuming that is for the dungeon DR system. I hope to god that is what they’re referring to at least.

That is for dungeons.

As for open world, I think it’s by area and not mob type. All vague responses have been about farming “an area”. As for time, I go for a hour and it seems consistent enough.