Direct Song Problems

Direct Song Problems

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: serton.9670

serton.9670

Hello,

Just trying to find out if there is perhaps another way to get in touch with Direct Song other than their ticket system.

Bit of background. Ordered the GW2 soundtrack in August 2012 (yes last year) and DS have had my money since then. Apparently they sent out a product to me but somewhere between them sending it and myself it went missing and I got in touch with them. All was fine and I was assured that it would be sorted and a new one sent. Fast forward over a year and I keep getting told it’ll be dispatched soon, or they’ll get back to me in 48 hours.

I, at one point, managed to get them to agree to a partial refund as I had by this point waited months, but last ticket I enquired about the product and the partial refund, they emailed me back to say, per your request we have refunded the entire product to you.

I never wanted that, because as well, the reason I got in touch with them last week to ask where my stuff was, was because they had refunded me then.

So now, two refunds, no product, and for about 14 months no sense (nonsense) from the company ticket system.

TL:DR Massive problems with Direct Song, how to get in touch other than ticket system.

Direct Song Problems

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

Problems with DS Support are very common. I personally didn’t have an issue when my soundtrack arrived damaged (they sent out a replacement within a few days time). The best thing you can do is to keep sending them inquiries.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

Direct Song Problems

Posted by: serton.9670

serton.9670

I have actually sent in nearly 30 tickets (and replies)

Direct Song Problems

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

Oh…wow. You know each time you bump the ticket I think it gets moved to the back of the queue. Your best bet is just to stick with one ticket submission.

I think you can also contact them via email but I don’t know the email address.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

Direct Song Problems

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Wow, I thought I had it bad when they delayed delivery of my cd’s from the promised date before launch to the week -of- launch when heck no I wasn’t going to sit listening to them instead of playing the game. Their support answers on it were almost nonexistent, and when I did get answers they were generic cut and paste not responding to a thing I was saying (and I was saying everything very politely, simply inquiring as to verification that they had received my order and hoping they might give me an intended shipping date. You know, stuff that any merchant really owes information on to customers).

I know they are mostly a classical music distributor. I listen to classical. I’ll -never- order from them again unless they happen to be the only possible source of something I really want, such as the GW2 soundtracks were.

I don’t think I had actual email with them. Their own site right now essentially says email is slow and worthless and don’t bother them with it. I hope you get some sort of satisfaction.

Apparently ANet still believes DirectSong has the set on sale, per
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/shop/guild-wars-2-original-game-soundtrack/
though I am sure Soule’s signature is no longer part of the deal. Pity, it’s a lovely glyphic sort of signature and was in thick gold ink on mine.

Direct Song Problems

Posted by: quanhan.7196

quanhan.7196

Also Ordered this a year ago and still being jerked around by Direct Song Customer service. They have resorted to not replying to my ticket requests now.

Company seems like a scam and I can’t believe that I ordered it from the Official Guildwars 2 shop link.

Direct Song Problems

Posted by: MageHeart.7519

MageHeart.7519

I have purchased my Guild Wars 2 CD months and months ago and still have not received it. They do not reply to customer service queries and these tickets are basically never looked at. I cannot express how disappointed I am about the whole thing considering that I have friends who simply listen to the soundtrack for free on YouTube but people who’ve made an effort to pay for it get a worse deal. Seriously, this company has a 0.2/5 review online. Isn’t there something that can be done about this?

Direct Song Problems

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The soundtrack can only be bought through DirectSong because DirectSong is Jeremy Soule. They seemed like a pretty small company, so I assume they basically didn’t have the people to deal with the influx of orders that GW2 caused.

They pulled the soundtrack from their site a while ago. They probably don’t sell it anymore and anyone with a order is either in a year long queue or will eventually have it cancelled.

Direct Song Problems

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Well that’s disappointing to read I ordered the CD set about 6 months ago, and apart from one single reply to my initial opening of a Support ticket I have had no further responses from them and of course, no CDs.

In fact I only actually wanted a digital download but there wasn’t one so had to order the CD set; I would still be happy enough with a digital download of the soundtrack if the CD is no longer available. Unsurprisingly no-one from anywhere involved in the CD’s sale has contacted me to tell me it’s not available. Or that it IS available. Or anything at all in fact.

I recently complained in these very forums about the fact it’s still listed in the official GW2 merchandise shop, and was told by the forum mods it was nothing to do with Anet if Anet listed it for sale in their own official shop (???)…so that’s that cleared up then :/