Dirty cash

Dirty cash

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

So I thought I would dig up this thread from before my account got banned

You guys want to reflect on the cash-grabbing development that has been going on since I wrote this post?

We could. I also wouldn’t be surprised if some of the people who posted in this a year ago (and still post regularly) changed their tune.

I still feel the same way.

I’ve bought some other stuff since I made my first post (1 extra bank tab, bringing me to a total of 2 and one of each infinite gathering tool) but I still don’t feel that I was forced to buy anything. I’d certainly never buy revive orbs or repair canisters, I rarely even use the ones I’ve gotten for free.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Dirty cash

Posted by: OneLouder.2807

OneLouder.2807

That is why they are called ‘LEGENDARY’ – they should be hard to get.

And I think I said as much in my post. But you don’t want something to be so hard and take so long that you lose interest in the game trying to get there.

Dirty cash

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

And I think I said as much in my post. But you don’t want something to be so hard and take so long that you lose interest in the game trying to get there.

AHH – try in get the gear in Rift in RIAD lvl dungeons – on average it took 150 runs (4 bosses took 4-6 hours to do) to get all the armor so you can go to the next dungeon – which was the same amount of time. That is just as bad.

Legendaries are supposed to he HARD to get and that is why they are an account achievement. If you want it, you do the work.

I guess you haven’t gone to college – that was boring and a lot of work – did you quit there too? Just asking……

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

Dirty cash

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

AHH – try in get the gear in Rift in RIAD lvl dungeons – on average it took 150 runs (4 bosses took 4-6 hours to do) to get all the armor so you can go to the next dungeon – which was the same amount of time. That is just as bad.

Legendaries are supposed to he HARD to get and that is why they are an account achievement. If you want it, you do the work.

I guess you haven’t gone to college – that was boring and a lot of work – did you quit there too? Just asking……

OneLouder wasn’t asking for ANet to just hand out Legendaries to whomever asks for one.

OneLouder was just wanting the effort to make one to not be so high that it turns people off of the game after making one due to burn out. And was of the opinion that it currently is too high in their opinion.

Dirty cash

Posted by: OneLouder.2807

OneLouder.2807

I was making a simple point that seems to have escaped you so if you don’t have it by now I’m not going to try again.

But since you asked (as disingenuous as it was), I have three degrees, two obtained while holding a full time job and raising a family. So don’t question whether I know what hard work is. This is just a game.

Dirty cash

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

First of all, a basic point about economics must be made. GW2 and every other game out there exists for one purpose – as a money making venture. Games are not developed to break-even or operate at a loss. If GW2 does not make profit, GW2 does not exist. It’s not bad, it’s not evil, it’s not dirty. I have no problem with a.net creating a profit model that works for them. And I think the recent changes they made to make more items account-bound rather than soul-bound was a good one. But I think the topics in the original post – bank slots, revive orbs, etc. are very low impact issues that all have work arounds. I mean, throw in $10 or $20 and your slot issues go away.

My only frustration might be around the effort / cost involved in acquiring the rare items of the game – legendary items, some ascended gear, etc. While I understand those items should be difficult to get, I’ve been purely focused on acquiring a legendary item for the past five months and I’m only about a third of the way there. That’s playing about an hour a day. That seems excessive to consider it may take more than a year of focused farming effort to raise the items and gold needed. I computed the real cost of a 3000 gold legendary – convert that to gems and back to real cash, it’s just over $500 depending on the exchange rate. Not that anyone would actually pay for a legendary that way, but raising that kind of cash inside the game is tedious. That would be my only gripe.

You mean the NOT SO LEGENDARY legendaries? Complete and utter garbage.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Dirty cash

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I find this to be a reasonable and fair assessment of the current state of the game.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Dirty cash

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

Did someone seriously compare working towards an education, which provides knowledge and life skills, to an entertainment software, which involves pushing 1-1-1-F and running around like a hamster on a wheel?

Wow…just, wow.

Dirty cash

Posted by: Finding Sanity.1283

Finding Sanity.1283

so this person got banned for making a pretty accurate assessment of the game in a forum post? if so, thats really disturbing and sad.

Dirty cash

Posted by: A R W E N.6895

A R W E N.6895

lol

I’m currently sitting at 900 seconds of waiting time before I can post new things on the forums because I have been suspended, made infractions so many time with all the post I’ve been writing.

The common thing between all these post is that I tend to point out things that usually make people talk a lot about what the game is lacking off.

That kind of infuriate some player hehe.

But whatever, this is Gw2 forum and we are only allowed to write about what they want to hear and nothing else.

I love debate
[Kr] Dungeon Speedclear & Fractals
www.keep-running.fr

Dirty cash

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It’s not about legendaries. It’s about not getting pennies for spending an hour in the game doing typical in game stuff as well as what Anet decided they would like us to do and then falsely call it a choice.

That’s what it’s really about.

How much silver do you get each time you finish a map? See my point? Ever get anything useful? nope I don’t ever.

For the longest time, I used an Exotic Bow I got from completing Frostgorge Sound. It was only level 79 and I eventually replaced it with a Wupwup Weapon Chest I got from doing WvW.

I can’t really see “P2W” anywhere in the game – there’s nothing major in the cash shop which is mind-bendingly necessary to pay for. The Boosters? I lost track of how many I got, and they’re not really as useful as food. If you’re talking Cash to Gems to Gold to (insert item here), that’s lazy – Exotic gear is all you need for 90% of the game (I’ll be generous and give you WvW rather than debate that side of things). Your standard Exotic gear is really not that hard to get . . . and I suspect it’s actually fairly simple to build Transmutation Charges up so you don’t get stuck with the ugly for long.

If we’re talking about the Guild Bonuses in WvW . . . they only function while defending an objective, and cost Influence rather than Gold. If we’re talking the objective upgrades . . . I’ve seen Fortified Walls / Reinforced Gates melt under a sufficiently determined attack force with basic gear and the means to keep it working.

What’s left?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Dirty cash

Posted by: Devik.9852

Devik.9852

so this person got banned for making a pretty accurate assessment of the game in a forum post? if so, thats really disturbing and sad.

I risk being banned for my comment or at least a comment in my inbox warning me.

They don’t like when you speak against them – ever.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Failure-Bobbled-while-WvW-Skins-missing/first#post4107796

Dirty cash

Posted by: Devik.9852

Devik.9852

OneLouder wasn’t asking for ANet to just hand out Legendaries to whomever asks for one.

OneLouder was just wanting the effort to make one to not be so high that it turns people off of the game after making one due to burn out. And was of the opinion that it currently is too high in their opinion.

I think legendaries shouldn’t be sold but in regards to ‘burn-out’ – that’s most MMO’s.

I simply am not impressed by any legendary in game – they’re everywhere with the same exact skins.. and so I just don’t bother.

Anet is NOT making anyone get a legendary nor are they making it where players are unable to play certain content without it.

nuff said.